All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America

Decent vibe
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Must Stay"
Our time at Hotel Indigo was phenomenal. We received a room upgrade, the front desk staff was friendly and attentive, the housekeeping staff was timely, the restaurant breakfast was enjoyable, and the overall stay allowed for fantastic memories to be created. Thank You.
4 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Herb N.
I really enjoyed my stay. All employees were very friendly and the location and value are great! My room was large, bright and clean. I will stay there again if I'm in San Antonio.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Laurie
"Cute Hotel"
This hotel was right off the riverwalk, only about a block away from the entrance. It is literally diagonal from the Alamo and close to restaurants. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were cute! We had a room with no neighbors so we never once heard another person. This was our first trip to San Antonio and we couldn't have been happier with our hotel location!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Carrie
"First time at Indigo @ The Alamo"
I enjoyed the decor of the room. I did feel the room was a bit small, but it was a great rate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a day trip to visit with friends.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Baldemar M.
"Great accommodations with two exceptions..."
The accommodations were great, but the service of the concierge and the valet left some to be desired. One car that used the valet had their passenger window broken. Asking about other hotel ammenities, such as a rollaway bed or what rooms were equipped with brought a scoffing response from the concierge and the valet was less than professional. Last, in an effort to maintain the "history" of the hotel, they left the original hotel elevator doors and put new elevators behind those, creating a very small hallway in front of the elevators that makes it extremely difficult for multiple people to fit into and requires some strategic maneuvering if other people are getting off while you want to get on. If you're trying to carry stuff up to your room, this maneuvering is very inconvenient.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
"A/C was at 78 the whole night"
The location is perfect. Loved the staff they were all really nice.. I understand the building is old ,but when u are walking around the river walk all day you want to come to a cool A/C at your hotel... Well this was not the case .. It was at 78 the whole night .. They tried to reset it bit still did nothing we all took several showers to keep cool... They were nice enought to give me most of my deposit back for the inconvenience ... Never staying here again thats for sure... Also NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST!!!!!!
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"Very nice!"
Great stay here! Very neat place. Weekend trip to see Alamo and Sea World with family.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Dee
"A great place to stay."
In a really nice area. A minute walk to the River Walk and the Alamo. Very nice hotel to stay at. They were on top of everything we needed. Will stay their again.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Tyrone Willis
We loved our stay at this hotel. The service was exceptional. The room was clean and modern. They did such a wonderful job in renovating this historic building. Wooden floors and marble wall in hallways added a nice touch. The location was great. Easy to get to the mall, river walk and clubs.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
"It's in a great spot."
We had a great stay. It's right across the street from everything. The service was great the people their will go out of their way for you. No microwave nor refrigerator in the room. Other then that we love our stay.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Tyrone Willis
We loved this hotel. The hotel is so charming with all of the details from the original building. Service was very good and We were very happy with the food at the bistro as well.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Awesome location, great hotel!"
The location is superb!. Right across the street from the Alamo, and a couple blocks from the Riverwalk, I cannot imagine a better place to see what San Antonio has to offer. From the valet to check in, service was top notch, and all employees were very friendly and helpful. This is an old (80-90 yrs?) building, so there are some quirks, but the rooms are as seen in the photos and are nicely decorated and of high quality. I would highly recommend.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
Ron
Very nice staff
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Good hotel, but customer service could be better"
It was a good hotel, close to the River Walk and with amazing views of the Alamo. The building itself was very interesting. However, the customer service left a lot to be desired. We needed to wait over 45min to get a room ready, the valet service was expensive and slow.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Maria
"Place to stay, not too fancy"
The place was fine, clean room, comfortable bed, just way over priced for what you get. It's not the hilton or a contessa hotel, there's not much to see and enjoy in there, compare to other places, should not have been that expensive.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice hotel, but..."
My only real complaint is the ac units in the rooms are really loud. They seem to be too big for a 300 sq ft space. They woke me up many times.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
ryan
"Very Satisfied"
Was happy with just about everything aside from the $25 PER DAY for parking, I understand that this is in the city and it is paid parking everywhere but for $25 each day I am very glad that I only stayed 2 nights for business.... if you are staying here for an extended trip be prepared to pay. The bar and restaurant staff seemed more interested in goofing around with one another than serving customers. Beyond those two things I was very happy with the room and the hotel in general.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
JL
Our stay was good. The three issues I have are: A) I was told when I made reservation that the Hotel shuttle was only for those arriving from the airport . Since we were arriving from Greyhound and would need to find our own transportation. When I check in, I inquire about this, and the clerk tells me "we don't have shuttle service at all." B) There weren't senior citizen discount offered, no big deal, but it would be nice if they had offered. C) I needed some things stored in refrigeration, the cleaning women said I could have a small refrigerator in my room, when I ask for it at the desk, I am told "no, we don't have that service, but I could take item to the restaurant refrigerator and they would take care of it". Sorry, I needed my medicines close to me and not in the restaurant.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Rachael
"Wonderful experience!"
I decided to book a room here for my trip to San Antonio for my girlfriends birthday. The staff was very friendly & welcoming. The rooms were clean & stocked with lovely Aveda products, which was nice. I also happened to mention that it was my girlfriends birthday & they ended up giving us vouchers for a free drink & a free appetizer & they also gave her free breakfast in the morning. It was such a nice gesture & very appreciated. I would definitely choose to stay here again & would strongly reccomend this hotel to others.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Fantastic Service"
I thougth the service was excellent. Everyone was accomodating. I felt the beds were not the quality they should have been for such a nice hotel. I was disappointed that there was no swimming pool. I did tour surrounding 4 and 5 star hotels and the Menger is where I want to try on my next visit because I think this hotel had too little to offer for such a high price.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
The bed was really comfy, the building was beautiful and I liked the exercise room.
3 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"modern hotel very old building"
An old building converted into a hotel. History buffs may like it. Rooms are small-ish. You could tell from the floor, walls, ac unit that the room is old. My wife complained of a musty smell when we got in. Curiously wash basin was in the room as opposed to in the bathroom. Bed was clean and comfortable. Hotel itself is walking distance to Alamo and river walk... So if you plan on being only in this area and not driving around then use public parking adjacent to hotel and park for 10$ instead of using hotel parking which is 25$.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
"Great Location, Humid Rooms"
Parking was easy, check in was easy, loved the layout of the hotel. Noisy AC so they have you keep it on all night so it doesn't disturb you when it kicks on. Room was super humid, the sheets, my clothes, everything felt damp. Room was very clean and comfortable bed. Bathroom door was a pain- it was always in the way. I loved the gym too (there is a sauna) but I couldn't get either treadmill to work. Sitting at breakfast facing the Alamo was a nice touch!
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
NewBusinessTraveler
Enjoyed this stay for our anniversary. Rooms were clean, comfortable nicely decorated. Close to all the things we wanted to see and do. Will stay again
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Great for short stay"
The bed was very comfortable and room was very clean. The building and décor was interesting in a good way. The Wi-Fi worked great and even though you have to pay for parking, which is pretty standard in downtown San Antonio, the Valet provided very good service. On the downside the room was a bit small, the air conditioner was pretty loud and blew directly on the head of the bed. Our King room had no refrigerator which would have been nice. If your only in for a short stay it was a good value in a great location.
2 night trip May 10, 2014
"Comfort not fancy"
The Indigo is the place to go for basic comfort with no frills. The location is great for walking to all Downtown activities, both business and pleasure. The staff is amazing and so helpful. I'd stay again if I'm alone. The rooms are very small.
3 night business trip May 12, 2014
Naomi
Nice Room, Lady at night desk must have thought I wasn't a guest because she gave me attitude when I walked in
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Walking distance to must see sights"
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Great Location/Good Overall Value"
Adjacent to the Alamo and 2 blocks from the River Walk. Sightseeing buses and attractions very close by. This is a nicely restored old bank with beautiful marble/tiled hallways and redone rooms. Service was good and bad with some new employees and management in transition.Room did not get serviced one day of our stay, ran out of towels two times. Attached cafe has good food but slow, uneven service and questionable management practices. Ran out of some food items on menu and never seemed to have enough clean tables or dishes. We were told the cooks were the dish washers so that is why we were served coffee in paper cups and given plastic ware instead of silver to eat with in the restaurant.
10 night trip Apr 19, 2014
New San Antonio Travelers
"Location-Location-Location!"
This place is reasonable and right in the heart of it all. It was our 3rd stay and they're batting a 1000. Way 2 go Indigo!!!!
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
JJ/neal
"Last min weekend trip"
Great location, nice staff , clean rooms. We had a nice view of the Alamo from our room. Great last min trip to San Antonio.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
bevy
"Great hotel, reasonably priced right next to Alamo"
Staff was wonderful. They do need a plug on lamp by bed for device charging and alarm clock was broken. Everything else was fabulous
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"hotel not remodeled correctly"
we were put in a room that was so smalll the air conditioner almost shook the room....the hotel is in an older office building and the rooms on the side were very small offices,,,,when it was remodeled,,they put a cooling system in that is vey loud...we requested another room and they put us in the room directly above the first room that had the same situation,,when we spoke to hotel manager and desk clerk they both became offensive,,,i will never stay there again,,,
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Close to the Alamo"
The room was very clean and nice decor. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was great!
1 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2014
Anita
"Nice hotels in San Antonio near Riverwalk & Alamo"
Wonderful time and the hotel was convenient and the staff great!!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Great Remodel and Location"
This is a great remodel of a former office building, less than a block from the Alamo and about twice that distance from the Riverwalk. The ONLY downsides were the restaurant's food and the front desk service missed the mark very slightly.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
LB
"clise to Alamo, small room"
The room was cozy but smaller than most hotels most people may be used to. No fridge in room and the bed had a sunken in spot in the center. The fitted sheet was for a king size bed, yet our bed was a queen. Very cold room which we had no complaints about and had the bed been more comfortable we would have slept nicely. Most amazing thing was location by the river attractions and the history of the building. Had breakfast at 1909 Bistro which had full size portions for the price. The restaurant was convenient and my husband and I could have shared a plate. Overall, breakfast was good, location was nice and stay was so-so.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Paula
"Good but unexpected"
Our 20th anniversary getaway started out on a sour note because of Hotels.com who we booked through. (explanation after deletion of expletives) We booked for the hotel Indigo on the Riverwalk, but somehow the hotel that was reserved was the Hotel Indigo in Downtown, by the Alamo. When we realized the hotel was wrong I called Hotels.com to have it corrected. They told me i would have to contact the hotel it self to have it fixed. I called the hotel and they said i because i booked through Hotels.com i would have to go through them to have it corrected. So basically i paid almost 500 dollars and GOT THE WRONG hotel!! AND NO ONE WOULD HELP ME!! A momentous occasion like our 20th anniversary comes once in a lifetime. We feel that this put a dark cloud over an otherwise joyous occasion. The hotel we did end up in was convenient to most items of interest but it took some time for us to regroup after this event occurred. We liked the hotel so thumbs up there, but I don't think we will ever use Hotels.com again!!
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2014
Drew
"It was okay.....I guess"
I was not completely displeased with my stay but there are a few things that will cause me to not book at Indigo in the future unless I had no other choice. Oh, and I really want to point out that I LOVED the old building and the fact that much of the old building's character has been kept in tacked. Wonderful, must see if your into that stuff! Problems: the rooms need to be cleaned better. There were chewed up sunflower seeds under the bed. Yuck! The bathroom shower was dirty. The hotel lobby stunk of the restaurant adjacent to them. Finally, none of the irons in hotel work. I asked for another one after finding the one in the room did not work. The new one that was brought up did not work as well. I gave up after that.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
JP
We booked this place on a whim since another hotel wasn't available but boy was this a great choice! The atmosphere was lovely and our room was ready right on 3:30. We booked the king bed and I was blown away with the size of the room, there was a sofa, nice ottoman, desk, nice vanity with a sink large enough for all of my amenities. The view out my window was amazing! I could see the Alamo, and hemisphere tower gave a very nice view. The shower wasn't to my liking but I'm just picky. We had tickets to see Wicked at the Majestic Theatre and the staff was gave easy directions to there (only three blocks away!) and the surrounding restaurants shops and mall was just a short stroll away. The next day we did have our do not disturb sign until the afternoon and when I called so they can service our room, they were quite accommodating, however, I put that card so we can have new sheets (there was makeup transferred to the bed from lying down) but they weren't changed since the mark was still there. The bed was made though and the towels replaced and such. The wall are thin though, and since there are hardwood floors, sounds traveled easily. I'm a night owl so around 1:00 am when I was ready to call it a night, I could still hear Timber by Kesha playing ( i wasn't sure if it was from outside or another room) but I didn't mind. I'm also a heavy sleeper. Careful with valet though and make sure you call ahead. Otherwise, very nice place.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2014
"Everything but the restaurant"
I love staying at this hotel. The rooms are quirky and it's right across from the Alamo. Convenient for walking around and for my work. The rooms all have showers and hardwood floors and the staff is very helpful. The only drawback is the restaurant. The food is not very good and it is overpriced. I had hoped over time it would improve, but alas, no such luck. I went to for breakfast and almost all the tables had dirty dishes. The one I sat at had not dishes, but the table was filthy. The coffee was weak and my small cup never refilled. The service was poor. Stay there, but don't eat there.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
Bibi
"Hotel indigo.more like hotel small"
All I can say is the pictures are deceiving.that room was the smallest box I have ever seen in my hotel experiences.Im not kidding, for the price u might pay $150-$200 for one night u would expect more space...ok so i get it its on the river walk so expect to pay more..but for me i wish I would have paid a little more and picked a different hotel..
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
CJ
"Room to small"
The room was to small my wife and I couldn't move around without bumping into each other, The room is for one person. Ac/Heater was loud when it came on. I had to turn it off so we could hear the TV and sleep.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"Right next to Alamo"
I stayed just one night visiting several Texas towns on a road trip. Hotel Indigo was adjacent to the Alamo and steps from the Riverwalk. The hotel was clean and I received excellent service. I utilized the valet services for a nightly fee. It was worth it to me to have my car in a private locked garage. I have stayed in other hotels in this chain and always feel like it is a good deal. The queen room was not super huge - the hotel is a very old building that has been renovated - but it was a perfect size for a couple.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
"Great location!"
If you want to be in a great location in Downtown San Antonio but don't want to pay riverfront prices, this place is perfect!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Blake
"Wonderfull located boutique hotel!"
Hotel is in a cool old building. Really liked the look and layout of our room. Like others have said, be prepared for an extremely loud AC system. Set the fan on low for constant (not on and off as with auto) white (no - make that technicolor!) noise while you sleep....you may need earplugs! ha! We weren't in the room much, but turned the system off while we were in and watching tv...yes, it's that loud. Had some issues with room service (used once for breakfast) and our room not getting made up, but since we were only there for 2 nights...we were ok with that. Employees and management were friendly, interested and tried to make things right, so I kept my rating high for this hotel. Yes, attitude matters to me and I would stay there again for a couple of nights. Great location!
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
Roberta
I enjoyed my stay at the Indigo Hotel. It was very close to the Riverwalk, Alamo and conveniently located downtown. Food and other attractions were in walking distance and other places to visit were just a short drive away. The staff at the hotel, restaurant and bar were very kind and helpful.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Cris
"Very nice hotel close to many attractions"
Was a great hotel in a great location.
2 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
"Great!!"
Perfect view of the Alamo from our room. Easily within walking distance to Alamo and Riverwalk.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Brandon
"close to river walk"
It was great. Staff was there to assist in anything needed, great hotel and really enjoyed the stay. it ended too soon! A big plus becaue you are in walking distance from river walk, alamo and several museums.
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2014