All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here416 Reservation Rd, Hwy 1 To Rservation Road, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Nice room very clean very nice welcoming staff and the breakfast was great loved this place
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Very nice staff. Uncomfortable beds. Small, crowded breakfast area but it does the job and had a decent variety for what it is. Convenient to CSUMB.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Service And great price"
My stay at Howard Johnson was great. I have no complaints. Great service and rooms were very clean.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Ralph
"neat&clean"
Staffs are great, I believe this should be at least an 2.5 star-3 star hotel, everything in room is well organized and really clean!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
reagle
"Better value for the price"
I've stayed in several hotels/motels in the area and found this one to be as good as others that cost more. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and although it is directly in front of a gas station I felt safe. I would return from work in the evenings and find people/families chatting out front. The continental breakfast was adequate though there is limited, tight seating. My only complaints are A. the A/C filter was really dirty; as a person with allergies this is a problem. I've noticed however that it is common among nearly all of the places I've stayed so that before I turn on the A/C I remove the filter. B. even though there were several placards regarding their ecofriendly initiatives (ex. "reusing your towel? hang it up! want a new one? Leave it on the floor", etc.) they didn't follow through. Overall I certainly recommend this motel to others.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"One night"
Quick stay over in area. Staff great and vey helpful. Room quite clean and cozy. Breakfast hit the spot. A great find!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Improvement recommendation"
Traveling west there was no signage....the hotel was blocked by the gas station.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Friendly Service"
We enjoyed our stay at the Howard Johnson motel. We liked that we were able to walk a couple blocks to some decent restaurants. The people in the front office were very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Clean and neat hotel"
Hotel was nice. It was very clean and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Guest check-in staff was very friendly and helpful!!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Lor
"Good night sleep"
We only needed to sleep one night, the bed was comfy, the room was clean with the updated bathroom. Decent hotel to stay for one night. Breakfast was ok.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Yelena
"wonderful"
Staff was awesome! Breakfast was great and the rooms were comfortable and very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Me
"hotel rating"
This hotel ended up being further away from Santa Cruz than I wanted. Our stay was for 4 nights, and the drive back and forth was a bit much. My son's gratuation from UCSC had several activities throughout the weekend so we'd have to plan for being gone for the whole day. I thought the website stated it was 23 miles. It was a good 45 minutes away. The hotel clerk was very nice and the outside of hotel looks fairly new. Parking is limited and was full every night. Our room was very presentable when you first walk in. Except that the refridgerator was on the floor with the microwave on top. After our long stay these are a few of the issues we had. Our room was in #109. The door did not close and lock properly. My husband had to push it pretty hard to get it locked. I could not get it at all. The toilet seat is completely lose. The shower rod had been reset, and the worse repair job ever. Shower curtain hangs so low into the tub I was afraid I might slip on it. Very dangerous. Our T.V. was terrible. Lines rolling up the screen. We did let the clerk know. She said they'd check it. Not sure if they did or not. Her explanation was, "the cable companies were having trouble." She explained this to us every time she'd see us. Other guests I asked said their's was okay. The beds and pillows are clean but are only average comfort. The breakfast was pretty good. The area is very small and gets very congested with guests. The quality of the tissues and toilet paper used is excellent. The price of our stay was an average of $68.00 a day. We did not complain about the issues other than the T.V. I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay. Overnight maybe. You are much closer to Monterey than to Santa Cruz.
4 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Proud Mom
Staff was pleasant and the room was clean and fairly new. Lots of room, easy parking, good location for on off the freeway for Monterey.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
The hotel was much further off the highway than we had expected. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. We were in the room furthest from the road however the noise level from the street was very high.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great value"
I stayed here this month while visiting a friend in Montery. My friend and I shared a double room and there was plently of space for both of us to feel comfortable. The hotel manager was very friendly. Also, the continental breakfast was very fulfilling. I woud stay here again if ever in the area. Great job!
Other trip May 25, 2014
Sade
"Great Central Location"
Nice place for the night. The front desk attendant was great and we were in our room quickly. The room was clean and the king bed was nothing amazing, but still comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend anyone looking for a room in the area to check it out.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Horrible"
Payed for a room with 2 double beds, was given a room with 1 double. Moved us to a room with a king and a roll away.Cable tv quite for a while. Not a good experience. Would not stay there again. Was told that Expedia messed up the reservation. Print out said 2 double beds.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice, clean, and affordable."
I booked two rooms (108 and 109, I stayed in 108) my friends said their room was nice and I didn't hear of any complaints. My room was very clean and had complimentary mints by the bedside and a nice window that you could actually open up for the fresh marina air. I chose to stay in marina for 3 days because we all planned to go to Santa Cruz and monterey so marina was a good and affordable middle place. The continental breakfast was really nice. They had tasty fresh coffee with an assortment of creamers, sweeteners (even blue agave was an option!), milk, juice, eggos, bakery bagels, wheat bread for toasting, svenhaards pastries, hard boiled eggs, lil smokies sausages, cereals, oatmeal (variety), bananas, yoplait yogurt, and all of the condiments available. Also at check in, there's chocolate chip cookies available.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Jamie Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us. Sarah and her team keep the rooms fresh and clean. They put out a nice breakfast that would cost $$$ but is included. Thank you again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
jamie
"Clean, comfortable and friendly"
We had a pleasant 3 night stay, no problems. Friendly, clean and safe environment.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Emiel Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing a review. Our team are friendly and keep our large rooms clean and fresh. Our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey bay is great for business or pleasure. Thank you again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
emiel
It was really good rooms were clean and nice and staff was really nice
3 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Rita
"lil trip"
Took kids on a stay vacay just to get out of the house for awhile, it was during the week so they were in school during the day and I at work... But hotel was very clean, and roomy. The front desk lady,was beyond nice and caring!!! They also have a huge variety for breakfast... I def would stay again!
2 night trip Apr 7, 2014
The hotel is further away from the freeway than I expected and is behind a gas station. The management was nice and you could tell they were trying to provide guests with a good experience.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
"Location"
Made last minute plans to take a trip up north to visit Cal State Monterey Bay for my son. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel especially for the price as well as the close proximity to the ocean, golf courses and cannery row.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Roland
"A Great Value"
My wife and I enjoyed our 3 night stay here. It was a nice location away from the busy metro areas. The hotel was well-maintained and clean. The staff were friendly, and the continental breakfast was good. We would stay here again!
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
"Better than expected!"
I had an event in Monterey and needed a place to stay one night. I wanted no frills but hoped for clean and a decent bed. I got that and more! The rooms looked recently redone. They were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was totally decent. And it shares a parking lot with a nice gas station so its easy to grab snacks and gas before heading out.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Large room"
There was so much space in the room! I liked it a lot
2 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"More of a motel than a hotel but OK"
Clean room, your basic motel layout. Not close to anything you would want to or could walk to but OK to drive into Monterey. Reasonably priced.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Exelent for a reasonable price"
t's behind a gas station, that is convenient when you are traveling. The price was very reasonable for what you get, plus they have in the room a mini fridge and a microwave, that makes your life easier since there are not many restaurants around. Service was exelent and breakfast was very dissent. For sure I will stay there again and recommended for the price and quality.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
"Far Out"
This hotel was farther out than I would have liked. I had a week long function in Monterey and the drive back and forth was longer than I would have liked. The staff was excellent and overall the hotel was very nice.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Clean rooms great breakfast all at a value price. Thanks for writing a review sorry that your travel time was a bit long.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Bernie
"nice overall, would stay again"
good overall, clean, safe and decent breakfast.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Short and sweet review. Thank you for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
paul
"Excellent travel experience"
Hotel staff was very friendly and provided excellent customer service. We plan to stay here again the next time we are in the area. Sarah also provided a very nice breakfast.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for writing a great review. Large clean rooms, very nice breakfast. We are a travelers choice. Thank you for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Good Basic Room - not for the picky"
Only spent 1 night but it was fine. The beds could use an upgrade but again it worked. All other guests were quite. very friendly staff. good experience overall.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We offer a great breakfast and value to our customers. Thank you for staying with us.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Rusty G
Nice place to stay at!
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2013
"Kinda cold"
I was staying at this hotel to visit my daughter at CSU Monterey Bay. I only really needed this place to sleep then I was up and out. It was a nice room and a good value. The heater did not work very well and there were no extra blankets in the room. The room was clean and affordable.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
I am sorry that you were a little cold. Our rooms have heat pumps and heat a little slowly. The front desk will always supply more blankets and will help with your stay in any way they can. Thank you for staying with us and my apologies about the cold.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Jason Mayorga
"Close to CSU Monterey Bay"
Even with my late arrival (midnight), Staff was happy and treated me with a smile. Room was very clean and amenities were plentiful. Small breakfast was nice in the morning and the eating area was very clean. Will stay here again when in the Monterey area
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for writing a review. Sarah and her team value you our customer. Nice breakfast friendly service with clean rooms. Thank you for staying with us.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Vince Delgado
"Great price, great stay"
The service was great. Very friendly and I will be returning for future stays. Yes some things could be updated. Such as the bathroom window in room 215 which did not want to close, and you could see that the hing was rusted out. But over all the room was clean, and fit my needs. I was comfortable and felt welcomed. The office was a little hard to find unless you have been there before, but didn't bother me one bit.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for the great review. I will chase ofter the bathroom window and get it fixed. Sorry that it did not close properly. Thank you for including the room number. Our team is very friendly and work hard to serve you our customers, Thank you for staying with us.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Tina Brooks
"worth the savings to stay outside monterey"
Comfortable and convenient. Staff is very friendly and very eager to please.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for the kind review. Value topped with a friendly and helpful staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
3 night trip Nov 20, 2013
I was very pleased with the place, for the price I pay. For sure coming back.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon. Great value as you have noted.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
Staff was very friendly and it was obvious they are putting a lot of effort to improving the facility.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for staying with us. Thank you for noticing our effort and yes there is more to come. We just order a guest ice machine that should be delivered next week. Hope to see you again at our Howard Johnson Marina.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Excellent - highly recommended."
Friendly staff very nice continental breakfast included.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Wow thanks for the great review. Our team is as you have noted very friendly and helpful. They keep the property sharp and clean. Our location is close to all of the Monterey venues. Thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Good Clean Place to Stay"
Friendly reception and a clean room. Everything was functional and no surprises, which is good!
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for leaving a review. Our staff works hard to keep our large rooms clean and fresh. As you have noted no surprises except maybe the great continental breakfast in the morning. Thank you for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
Tim Sawdey
"more bang for your buck"
A little bit off the beaten path but hey you are gonna drive anyway to go to the beach or Monterey or Carmel or Santa Cruz so what are a couple of extra miles. Friendly service, clean comfortable room and bed, quiet, very decent continental breakfast and a bargain for a Monterey Peninsula Motel. Would stay here again. The Wild Thyme Deli across the street and Dishes Bistro a couple of blocks away are surprisingly good restaurants, you don;t have to drive a long way for good eats.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you very much for the kind review. You have hit the nail on the head great value for a Monterey Peninsula Motel. We are located close to all of the attractions and our team keeps a clean comfortable motel with a friendly attitude. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
David N.
"Great value, pride of ownership"
Very clean motel. When I inquired about an ice machine, the front desk clerk brought a bucket of ice to our room. Bed was comfy and sheets were crisp. I would definitely stay here again
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. and thank you for staying with us. As the new owners we purchase a high end commercial washer and dryer to keep our linens and towels clean, glad you noticed. Hope to see you again soon and we are happy to have served you.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Tulaura
"Good price, Super clean and quiet"
I travel a ton and have stayed in many hotels. I liked this one. Good value for the money. Not fancy but super clean, nice staff and quiet. I slept well and felt save and sound. There also is a gas station and mini market on the same property which made for a convenient get away. I recommend this one
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for writing a kind review. Our team keeps the property clean and ready for our guests. Many of our customers value having the mini mart and gas station on the property. We generally are the price leader in the Marina on gas. Thank you for staying with us from myself and our staff. We value your patronage.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"Worst. Place. Ever."
Located in the middle of a gas station. That should have been clue number 1. We would have been better off sleeping on a rock, the bed left our backs sore for two days. 2. Dirty bathroom and water in tub wouldn't drain. When you find urine on the bathroom floor around the toilet area, you know the place must be crawling with disgusting germs and bacteria, let alone what else you might come across. Avoid unless there's no other choice.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Dj We are sorry that you had a bad experience at our property. When you had a problem with your room had you brought it to the attention of the front desk immediately we would have responded and made sure that you had a clean and proper room. We take our customer service seriously but if we do not know your problem we cannot help you. Again we are sorry that you had a bad experience at out property.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
DJ
"middle of nowhere"
A decent hotel at a great price. Nothing close by although Monterey was only a 10 min drive.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay. As you have noted we are close to Monterey but at Marina value pricing. We serve a great continental breakfast which I hope you participated in. Hope to see you again and Thank You for staying with us.
3 night business trip Sep 5, 2013
"Weekend in Monterey"
Hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. Wifi didn't work in the evening but other than that it was good.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for writing a very kind review. I am sorry that you experienced WiFi problems during the evening as we have had some problems with an access point in one of the buildings. I am working on getting it fixed. The clean and comfortable comes from our staff and location. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Pattie
"Not as bad as others"
I think some people on here are a little overly underwhelmed. This is a chain hotel, not a five star resort. It is what should be expected. No more, no less. The room was clean and tidy and the gas station in the lot was more of a convenience than a problem. The area was safe and close to every surrounding city, so if you expect to be blown away by fancy towels and a resort like set up then go to a five star resort, not a hojo. You get what you pay for and I felt safe and comfortable, which is all that really matters.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for writing a very nice review. As you have noted we have clean well maintained rooms. We try to provide high quality service at a value oriented location. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
nsmith
"Home Away from Home"
Very nice and quiet hotel... Towels are fresh and soft. Friendly staff breakfast area clean and nice atmosphere and fresh food including yogurt, fruits, cereal, milk and soy milk. Over all VERY NICE and CLEAN!!!. I will definitely will stay in this hotel again.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for taking the time to write a very kind review. Our team prepares a very good continental breakfast as you have noted. Again as you have noted our team keeps our Howard Johnson Marina clean and fresh. The new fancy commercial washer does the laundry work. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Jaime
"One Night"
The campus is close to the college campus, CSUMB. The only thing that I didn't like what that, the shower doesn't drain as fast as one would expect.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. After your complaint we sent Chris to the room you occupied to clean the drain. Thank your for your patience in this matter.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013