All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
416 Reservation Rd, Hwy 1 To Rservation Road, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"NICE CLEAN NEWER HOTEL"
Pleasing front desk personnel. Great breakfast. Clean property. Newer. Close to CSUMB.
Lourdes
"New Hideaway!"
Staff was excellent and very accomodating. The room was large and very clean and service offered me clean towels and to clean if I desired. GREAT place on a limited budget - new getaway when traveling to Monterey!
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great bargain for the area"
Terrific bargain for the price and area - go a little further south and watch rates double. Excellent breakfast for the price. Very nice people running the place.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Title"
Awesome little smokies just like in photos
1 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Very Neat And Friendly Place"
Stayed here for a night and my family and I found the place to be very well maintained, neat and the staff are very friendly and accommodating !!
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Ashwin
"Howard Johnson's in Marina, CA"
The staff was very friendly. The room was good. The area seemed quiet. The king size bed was good, but a little too firm for my wife. Breakfast was included. There was a variety of things to eat, including yogurt. The room was quiet and smelled good. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator worked well. We didn't use the microwave. The TV is a flat screen. We really didn't have any problems with the room or staff. I would recommend this motel.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Joel W.
"Weekend Getaway"
It was quiet and clean. The front desk service was excellent.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Lida
"It was nice!"
Staff was friendly and accomodating.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
"Student Visit"
Very nice staff, room was nice, nothing spectacular but clean & quiet. Five minutes from CSUMB - big plus! Took a while to check in but staff was very cordial - we would stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
CSUMBer
The service was fantastic, great breakfast service. I wish the tub could be a little bit bigger:-)
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
jojo
"Clean, safe hotel."
We had a nice stay. We had room 206 and we liked it because it was at the end and slightly tucked away so you only have one wall adjoining another person's room. Since it is an upstairs room, there is no one staying above you so it was pretty quiet. The room was very clean.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Michele
"Just OK"
average in average.
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"very nice"
Very nice, wonderful breakfast, cheerful and helpful staff. Obviously anxious to make us comfortable. Large room with couch. A bit difficult to find in the dark as it is behind a gas station. Reasonably priced.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
roberta
Everything was fine except the beds were a little uncomfortable.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Will Stay Again"
Staff were very helpful and friendly. I arrived into town early and they were able to accommodate with early check-in. I know they didn't have to do that, even if a room was ready but they did it with a smile. Also needed late checkout and that was communicated to them which they appreciated instead of just not getting out on time and they also were understanding. I had a great experience at this location. They are working hard to update the rooms and they want you to be comfortable. Breakfast is adequate and way better than spending additional money on the trip.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Excellent value...nice clean rooms...helpful staff
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Just a room"
Wrinkled carpets in both rooms means poor maintenance to me. The staff and the location were very good.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Everything you can expect from a hojo.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"good value"
open breakfast early because we have an early tee time nice
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
8 golfers
"Excellent Stay"
Nothing negative to write about this hotel except that the breakfast lounge was way to small for the no. of guest they have in this hotel. The owner was very greatful and considerate in explaining that tthey had requested city twice to extend the room but were unsuccessfull. Apart from that....everything worked fine. Also note that there is a gas station in the same lot with the hotel, with a little barrier concrete wall
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Happy Camper
Nice room very clean very nice welcoming staff and the breakfast was great loved this place
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Very nice staff. Uncomfortable beds. Small, crowded breakfast area but it does the job and had a decent variety for what it is. Convenient to CSUMB.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Service And great price"
My stay at Howard Johnson was great. I have no complaints. Great service and rooms were very clean.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Ralph
"neat&clean"
Staffs are great, I believe this should be at least an 2.5 star-3 star hotel, everything in room is well organized and really clean!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
reagle
"Better value for the price"
I've stayed in several hotels/motels in the area and found this one to be as good as others that cost more. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and although it is directly in front of a gas station I felt safe. I would return from work in the evenings and find people/families chatting out front. The continental breakfast was adequate though there is limited, tight seating. My only complaints are A. the A/C filter was really dirty; as a person with allergies this is a problem. I've noticed however that it is common among nearly all of the places I've stayed so that before I turn on the A/C I remove the filter. B. even though there were several placards regarding their ecofriendly initiatives (ex. "reusing your towel? hang it up! want a new one? Leave it on the floor", etc.) they didn't follow through. Overall I certainly recommend this motel to others.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"One night"
Quick stay over in area. Staff great and vey helpful. Room quite clean and cozy. Breakfast hit the spot. A great find!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Improvement recommendation"
Traveling west there was no signage....the hotel was blocked by the gas station.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Friendly Service"
We enjoyed our stay at the Howard Johnson motel. We liked that we were able to walk a couple blocks to some decent restaurants. The people in the front office were very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Clean and neat hotel"
Hotel was nice. It was very clean and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Guest check-in staff was very friendly and helpful!!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Lor
"Good night sleep"
We only needed to sleep one night, the bed was comfy, the room was clean with the updated bathroom. Decent hotel to stay for one night. Breakfast was ok.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Yelena
"wonderful"
Staff was awesome! Breakfast was great and the rooms were comfortable and very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Me
"hotel rating"
This hotel ended up being further away from Santa Cruz than I wanted. Our stay was for 4 nights, and the drive back and forth was a bit much. My son's gratuation from UCSC had several activities throughout the weekend so we'd have to plan for being gone for the whole day. I thought the website stated it was 23 miles. It was a good 45 minutes away. The hotel clerk was very nice and the outside of hotel looks fairly new. Parking is limited and was full every night. Our room was very presentable when you first walk in. Except that the refridgerator was on the floor with the microwave on top. After our long stay these are a few of the issues we had. Our room was in #109. The door did not close and lock properly. My husband had to push it pretty hard to get it locked. I could not get it at all. The toilet seat is completely lose. The shower rod had been reset, and the worse repair job ever. Shower curtain hangs so low into the tub I was afraid I might slip on it. Very dangerous. Our T.V. was terrible. Lines rolling up the screen. We did let the clerk know. She said they'd check it. Not sure if they did or not. Her explanation was, "the cable companies were having trouble." She explained this to us every time she'd see us. Other guests I asked said their's was okay. The beds and pillows are clean but are only average comfort. The breakfast was pretty good. The area is very small and gets very congested with guests. The quality of the tissues and toilet paper used is excellent. The price of our stay was an average of $68.00 a day. We did not complain about the issues other than the T.V. I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay. Overnight maybe. You are much closer to Monterey than to Santa Cruz.
4 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Proud Mom
Staff was pleasant and the room was clean and fairly new. Lots of room, easy parking, good location for on off the freeway for Monterey.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
The hotel was much further off the highway than we had expected. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. We were in the room furthest from the road however the noise level from the street was very high.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great value"
I stayed here this month while visiting a friend in Montery. My friend and I shared a double room and there was plently of space for both of us to feel comfortable. The hotel manager was very friendly. Also, the continental breakfast was very fulfilling. I woud stay here again if ever in the area. Great job!
Other trip May 25, 2014
Sade
"Great Central Location"
Nice place for the night. The front desk attendant was great and we were in our room quickly. The room was clean and the king bed was nothing amazing, but still comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend anyone looking for a room in the area to check it out.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Horrible"
Payed for a room with 2 double beds, was given a room with 1 double. Moved us to a room with a king and a roll away.Cable tv quite for a while. Not a good experience. Would not stay there again. Was told that Expedia messed up the reservation. Print out said 2 double beds.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice, clean, and affordable."
I booked two rooms (108 and 109, I stayed in 108) my friends said their room was nice and I didn't hear of any complaints. My room was very clean and had complimentary mints by the bedside and a nice window that you could actually open up for the fresh marina air. I chose to stay in marina for 3 days because we all planned to go to Santa Cruz and monterey so marina was a good and affordable middle place. The continental breakfast was really nice. They had tasty fresh coffee with an assortment of creamers, sweeteners (even blue agave was an option!), milk, juice, eggos, bakery bagels, wheat bread for toasting, svenhaards pastries, hard boiled eggs, lil smokies sausages, cereals, oatmeal (variety), bananas, yoplait yogurt, and all of the condiments available. Also at check in, there's chocolate chip cookies available.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Jamie Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us. Sarah and her team keep the rooms fresh and clean. They put out a nice breakfast that would cost $$$ but is included. Thank you again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
jamie
"Clean, comfortable and friendly"
We had a pleasant 3 night stay, no problems. Friendly, clean and safe environment.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Emiel Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing a review. Our team are friendly and keep our large rooms clean and fresh. Our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey bay is great for business or pleasure. Thank you again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
emiel
It was really good rooms were clean and nice and staff was really nice
3 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Rita
"lil trip"
Took kids on a stay vacay just to get out of the house for awhile, it was during the week so they were in school during the day and I at work... But hotel was very clean, and roomy. The front desk lady,was beyond nice and caring!!! They also have a huge variety for breakfast... I def would stay again!
2 night trip Apr 7, 2014
The hotel is further away from the freeway than I expected and is behind a gas station. The management was nice and you could tell they were trying to provide guests with a good experience.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
"Location"
Made last minute plans to take a trip up north to visit Cal State Monterey Bay for my son. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel especially for the price as well as the close proximity to the ocean, golf courses and cannery row.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Roland
"A Great Value"
My wife and I enjoyed our 3 night stay here. It was a nice location away from the busy metro areas. The hotel was well-maintained and clean. The staff were friendly, and the continental breakfast was good. We would stay here again!
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
"Better than expected!"
I had an event in Monterey and needed a place to stay one night. I wanted no frills but hoped for clean and a decent bed. I got that and more! The rooms looked recently redone. They were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was totally decent. And it shares a parking lot with a nice gas station so its easy to grab snacks and gas before heading out.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Large room"
There was so much space in the room! I liked it a lot
2 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"More of a motel than a hotel but OK"
Clean room, your basic motel layout. Not close to anything you would want to or could walk to but OK to drive into Monterey. Reasonably priced.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Exelent for a reasonable price"
t's behind a gas station, that is convenient when you are traveling. The price was very reasonable for what you get, plus they have in the room a mini fridge and a microwave, that makes your life easier since there are not many restaurants around. Service was exelent and breakfast was very dissent. For sure I will stay there again and recommended for the price and quality.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
"Far Out"
This hotel was farther out than I would have liked. I had a week long function in Monterey and the drive back and forth was longer than I would have liked. The staff was excellent and overall the hotel was very nice.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Clean rooms great breakfast all at a value price. Thanks for writing a review sorry that your travel time was a bit long.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Bernie
"nice overall, would stay again"
good overall, clean, safe and decent breakfast.
Response by Howard Johnson Marina At Monte
Short and sweet review. Thank you for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014