All hotels in Menlo Park, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here115 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
    2.1
"Disgusting"
I had to shower, shave and brush my teeth with cold, brown water...I assume it was rust from the pipes. Either way, it was disgusting. Terrible experience
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Old and funky"
The room smells very old and you feel as if a window is open cause you can hear the traffic and wind outside. The room can also use a mirror in the bedroom area.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
elizabeth
"Scary"
I was afraid.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
"This is the perfect place for any Stanford U event"
Staff was very nice and accomodating. Great place!!
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Phil
"Not worth the money"
The only positive thing about this hotel was that it was clean. Nothing on the rooms worked-phone, radio, tv, coffeepot. The appearance outside was unpleasant-dirty, unkept, etc. The people were friendly but that's all I can say. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
"Not trying hard enough"
Basic lodging at a good price for the area, but the smoke detector in my room was disabled and when I called the desk at 9 am, no one answered, and when I went to the office, no one was there. WiFi is poor.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
"Cheap and reasonably clean"
That's the best I can say. The beds were comfortable, but the rest of the furniture was awful--stained and broken down. All of the basics were there, but the heating and cooling were provided by portable units--doubt that they would have done the job. Happily, we did not need either.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2013
We got there as I had to have a procedure done at Stanford Hosp. We asked if we could extend our stay to 1:00 and they said no due to someone coming in. This place was dirty, door lock was broken, bottom sheet would not stay on the bed, the drain in the sink in bathroom did not drain properly, the furniture was from the 40's or 50's and it was dirty. We tried to get other accomdations but were unable to secure them every hotel near by were booked. As I needed to start prep for surgery ASAP and otherwise we would have left. I don't think anyone should stay in such a dirty and unsecure place. We had no choice but to stay.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Very handy hotel , near all our activities ."
It was a great place! The lady at the desk was very helpful.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Did not stay"
The place was run-down, the room old and there was no way that my wife and I would stay so we ended up eating the $149.00 that we had pre-paid through hotels.com. We ended up going next door to the Best Western.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Inn close to university n Safeway grocery store."
The portable room air conditioner unit doesn't work well. It stops working randomly and doesn't do the job of making the room cool. The unit had to be tilted towards its side for it to resume working. It also spills water all over the floor when it needs to be tilted. The kitchen facilities are really very old. The room's flooring is uneven. The parking spots are very few.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Jackie
"outdated but close to hospital"
very outdated and not a bargain. they want you to write more here but there isnt much more to say
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Some Pictures do LIE! Others do not"
I had to take my mom to see a specialist at Stanford Medical Center. My parents are in their late seventies and on a fixed income, so when I found out about mom's appointment I decided to take them. I wanted them to have a nice experience so I started shopping around on the inter net and looked at a lot of pictures of motel room, when I came across Expedia's web page. I said to my self, "I've heard a lot about them, this should be a sure bet". Boy was I wrong, ( I have pictures to back up all that I am telling you) Not only is the Stanford Inn old, it is run down and falling apart. The room is a lot smaller then it looks and looks like it is out of the early sixties and look like that was when it had it's last paint job. Stains all over the walls in every room. The bathroom is so small you have to squeeze between the sink and the tub/shower to get in and speaking of the sink you better wash your hands real fast or the sink will over flow, because it is plugged up! Not only were there loose and missing tile around the kitchen sink, but there was still food left in the drain screen. There is a ceiling fan which would have been great had it worked and had it been cleaned(dust was so think in the blades you could see it) because the portable air conditioner was a joke. Had an extension cord run to use it, but if you turned it so it blew towards the beds it opened up a hole in the wall. Would not go below 79 degs. I'm running out of space and still have more to say:.(
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Close to Stanford hospital."
It was good. The kitchenette saved a lot on meal cost. We were tabletop prepare low cost meals in our room.it was very homey.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Convenient"
If you're a fan of funky but clean, this is your place. Super convenient, and surprisingly quiet on a busy street.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Do not stay"
By street very noises room. Bed/sofa not clean. Only benefit is close to shopping mall
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
jackie
"A true dive!"
If you are tight on bucks, this is your ticket. Otherwise, try the Travel Lodge down the street to get hot water.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Barry
"Old and tired."
We were very disappointed when we drove in. There is only a tiny drive in the back off the alley. We drove completely around the block and then into the alley before finding the entrance. It was very tight to get in to a very small courtyard. They did arrange for us to be downstairs since my husband does not do stairs and the staff was friendly. The room was larger than I expected. It had an updated kitchen, a dining area, a bed room area and a small very old bathroom. It was close to the activities we attended. We won't stay there again but it worked out for us this time. The room was reasonably priced.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Pam
"A Picture is worth a 1,000 words!"
The outside resembled the pic on Expedia, but the inside was horrific! Ripped curtains, stained chairs and sofa, cigarette burns on chairs, gang bang writing on ironing board, broken furniture stored in the closet, no screens on the windows, room smelled from the gas stove, the kitchen was filthy, the building next door was covered with gang writing and the train is right across the street from the hotel. There is a "community bathroom" for rooms without their own private bath as some rooms are a converted garage! People using the community bath kept me up slamming the door. Water pressure is zero, especially the cold water. I will never stay there again. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. There were no pillow cases on the pillows. I did not even sleep under the covers, it was so gross. If you are a Stanford Hospital patient you will be very disappointed and grossed out by this hotel. If you are use to living in filth then you will be right at home. I would have rather slept in my car or in the lobby at the hospital. I do not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Jane
"Just a place to lay our head."
Suited our needs. Fair price. Close to Stanford hospital.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"very comfortable. like being at home"
very good bed and large windows, almost like being at home
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Stanford Inn"
This hotel is quiet, beds are comfortable, and the staff is very good.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Quaint, old fashioned, very comfy, apt style"
I would definitely stay here again. Adorably quaint restructured architecture with a dining room and kitchenette including hot plate, microwave, toaster, coffee pot,etc.coffee, tea, condiments provided. Huge closets, friendly staff. Plenty of space. Short walk to Stanford Mall.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Budget appartments"
possibly a good choice for a group/family on a budget holiday. I was not pressed by my bufget so much (employer) and I did regret a bit I did not go for the standard choice (of the conference), about +2/3 of the price but many levels up. The official photos of the hotel make the impression better than the reality is: rusty windows, broken rim of the kitchen sink, the room just below the roof and got heated by the sun => when I came back in the evening the temperature was too high (they switched the AC off during the day) and the AC would not be strong enough to regulate the temp. quickly. Somehow I got used to everything and more or less enjoyed my stay, but I will read reviews more carefully next time.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Marek
"Dreadful place beware"
We made our reservation based on the pictures on the website and we cancelled our stay there when we saw the condition of the hotel, the grounds and the room. It was terrible, looked like something out of a third world country. We found a very clean Best Western a block away.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Hotel need updating and maintenance out and in the room.
2 night trip May 27, 2013
"Great deal on convenient clean location"
It was a large comfortable room, very clean, and even had a kitchenette. My only complaint was a lack of TV stations and very old TV. However, somebody had left a novel and I enjoyed that. Another issue was that the website offered a choice of a smoking room. I selected that but my room had a sign saying "NON-SMOKING". If smoking is not ever available I would prefer that be stated up front in the website. The location was ideal for my visit to the Stanford Clinic.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Ray
"Disappointing -- take your own towels!"
This hotel was very disappointing. From the pictures, the rooms looked attractive, clean, and new. This is not the case. The room I stayed in was an old, one-bedroom studio with a separate kitchen and bathroom. The side of the bed was damaged; plugs on the walls were cracked ; the tub was dirty; the towels had stains on them. The furniture and carpets were dirty, old, and faded. A few of the chairs had burned holes from cigarettes in them; the couches had stains on them. The bar holding the curtains in my room were broken. The room had a musky smell, and the internet connection wasn't great. The room itself is not well-insulated, and I was pretty cold at nights when I slept. (Granted, I did not use the heater in the room. So, I'm not sure if that was in working order or not.) Situated on El Camino Real right next to the Caltrans train line, the room was also very, very loud. I spent 4 nights there, and the only night I was able to sleep was the first after a very tiring and long day of travelling. Despite this, I will say that the staff was very nice. The fridge and microwave were also pretty clean, and I could use them with no problems. For the price, I thought the place was decent. As I am not too fussy, the place did the job for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who might be in Palo Alto to tour the city, or to anyone who might be fussy. If you don't want to spend too much money and decide to stay here, I would recommend that you bring your own towels.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Dont stay here."
The hotel was in dreadful repair. Mold growing on the baseboards. The window openers were all broken. You couldn't close the windows once they were open. We walked into an 90 degree room that would not cool down despite the rinky dink cooler they had. We could not sleep because the room was too hot.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"pleasntly surprised"
im not going to lie I was scared at first when I seen the hotle! but the staff was great and when we went inside the room I was pleasantly surprised! it was like having your own lil apartment! it was great so u could make your own food, and u didnt feel like a hotel! we would definitely stay stay there again!
Other trip May 21, 2013
jackie
"The REVOS experience"
When I first walked in the room smelled of urine and chlorine. We had to open out windows and also out the curling fan on full blast to expel all the odor. Opening the restroom window and shutting the door helped a bit.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Revos
"needed a place close to medical center"
It was close we also needed a reasonable price. This proved completely uncomfortable for my daughter. We were guaranteed a wheelchair none was provided. We were told there would be 2 queen size beds. There was only one. The heater was unworkable My daughter was uncomfortable all night. I did phone and cancel that night for the next day.
Other trip May 16, 2013
"quaint"
I stayed one night with my niece and two four year olds. At first they put us in a room with wrong size beds but promptly moved us to another room. I liked the old style feel of the rooms and the room was bright with plenty of space. Parking was horrible with only five spots for the whole hotel. I suspected that our bedding wasn't changed since our pillow cases were dirty. My niece left her hair straightner in the room and after calling to confirm it was there we went back to pick it up. It had somehow dissappeared. I would request new bedding right away if you choose to stay here.
1 night family trip May 10, 2013
stephanie
"Worst place I've ever stayed"
If you're looking for spacious and don't care about clean, then this place is for you. It was huge (way more than I needed). I pulled back the sheets on each bed to decide which one was the least of the evils...I picked the one that didn't have hair on the sheets. The room smelled musty...every sitting surface looked filthy, the room smelled musty, the parking lot was terrible (not sure how the Suburban next to me even got into the parking lot, let alone parked). The shower still had the soap and shampoo that had been USED by the prior guests in it. The pictures online make this place look way better than it is. I'd never stay here again and have learned my lesson on booking my room at the Stanford Guest House (much nicer) months in advance.
Other trip May 12, 2013
Suzanne
"Worst hotel I've ever been to"
I had to leave without spending the night. The only window that opened was three feet away from a busy highway with exhaust fumes coming in. The sheets were dirty nad there was no mattress comver. There was garbage left in the kitchen
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
"Scary!"
Although it's conveniently close to Stanford it is not worth staying here. Parking is not abundant. There were black streaks on the pillows and cigarette burns on the comforters. There were screws holding the door mechanism together, we did not feel safe. So we left and stayed elsewhere.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2013
Mark R.
"Noisy, dirty but relatively cheap for its location"
Lots of hair on the bed. The AC was noisy. You can hear everything going on on the streets. No elevator. No staff working in the morning. No breakfast! Price is good for the location. Took me 5 mins to walk to Stanford shopping center, 20 mins to Stanford hospital. Stay here only if you're on a tight budget, have to stay near Stanford, and dont mind hair on the bed. Bring ear plugs!
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2013
"Look Closer-There's a lot to like"
If you look past the initial impression of a small motel that hasn't been upgraded in several years, you'll find a quiet, convenient and comfortable place with very helpful and friendly staff. It is close to Stanford and the Menlo Park downtown, on El Camino. EC traffic noise is very noticeable for the units right on the street. I was booked for two nights, and extended my stay three more nights because of the price/convenience of the Stanford Inn.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Pat
"Avoid this hotel"
I arrived late and alone at this hotel and was displeased with everything from the potholes in their parking lot to the footprint on my pillow case. Staff greeted me with a key and informed me that the lights did not work and acted put out when I said that was not acceptable. While I was out buying a sheet set and blanket they did restore the lighting for me. I avoided the dirty linen by laying a king size sheet over the bed and using purchased blankets. The result was an unmade bed...which interestingly enough is exactly how I found it (foot print on the pillow case and all) when I stayed at the same hotel two nights later (I had pre-paid, and there is a 3 day cancellation policy). There are also NO security locks and I spent two very insecure and uncomfortable nights here.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Within Walking Distance to A Lot"
The room was large and had a nice sized little kitchen with a mini fridge, coffee pot, full stove and microwave. There was a four chair dinning area. Both beds were queen sized. It was a five min walk from the mall and several very tasty cafes. My only complaint was the room was cleaned one time in the four days I was there. Also, there was never anyone at the front desk. The only time I saw someone there, was when I had to ring the bell to check in. Over all the stay was a pleasant. It's location to shopping, food, University Ave, and CalTrans was a HUGE plus. I would book this hotel again.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"Good hotel for a reasonable price"
The hotel's greatest strength is its location and the price. The room I stayed had nice furniture and was clean and spacious, complete with a small kitchen and dining area. The kitchen was fully-equipped with a microwave oven, fridge and utensils (drinking glasses, plates, etc). My room faced the street, but it was not noisy -- I was able to sleep very well at night. Housecleaning came everyday to make the bed, change the towels and clean the room. The only thing that bothered me was the leaking faucet in the bathroom. The bathroom was fine: the toilet, shower all worked well (and there was even complimentary shampoo bottles and soap), but it would benefit from an upgrade. Overall, I recommend it to travellers who want to stay close to Stanford (the Stanford Shopping Mall is a 5-minute walk away) and want a comfortable, clean room (with kitchen) at a reasonable price.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Place to crash"
Clean but very run down. You hear every noise when someone goes up the stairs or walks above your floor. No noise insulation. No real hotel office just a window. Did not feel professional.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Eh, it was okay..."
It's a mix of the hotel in "My Cousin Vinny" and Bruce Willis' hotel in "Pulp Fiction". They cleaned the hotel every day but just not as thoroughly as what I'm used to and they changed the towels with clean ones every day. Overall, it was just okay. It's REALLY cheap but amazing location.
9 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
M
"Black mold in clg in shower.. worst hotel ever!"
The manager was friendly and helpful. The room was advertised as having a kitchen..no kitchen. Unsafe as the front door had daylight and a big gap. paint peeling... very noisy.. the guy next door was snooring and it felt like he was in my room! I stay in Menlo Park/Atherton often but will not stay here again!
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
"Worst hotel everywhere"
Good location but the hotel is like a dump. No breakfast or service of any kind.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
"not the best hotel at all"
the hotel was so old there was no parking and Stanford called and left a message for us and the office didn't tell us about it. We wouldn't even take a shower it looked so bad. The room was very big but no one knew how to operate the tv correctly. Will never stay there again.
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2013
gwen
"HOTEL FROM HELL"
WHEN I WAS UNCERTAIN AS TO THE EXACT LOCATION I CALLED -- AN ANSWER MACHINE REPLIED.THE ROOM WAS 56 DEGREES THE NEXT MORNING. THERE WERE NO INSRUCTIONS ON HOW TO HEAT THE PLACE. A SORT OF EARLY 20TH CENTURY PRODUCT !!
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
"Not as expected."
The hotel room was clean and had updated imenitites, but that was about it for the plus side of things. The outside courtyard was not kept up to the standard as seen in photos from the site and was in need of a lot of general mantainance. Upon check in, I was greeted cheerfully and when I was stating I had a reservation and gave my name, I was given a plain wihte envelope with my name and room number on it with the key enclosed. I was not asked for ID or any form of confirmation to affirm I was who I said I was. Security is definatley lax, I was glad I remembered to pack my sidearm with me. The hotel claims to have a 14 unit complex which is true, but the parking is very inadequate with only 5 parking spaces on premesis and 3 of those being taken up by ownership. I was offered a parking pass to park on the adjacent street which gave no securtiy to my personal property. I don't expect to return to this establishment any time soon. In closing, I would not recommend this to any friends or family, especially any single females traveling.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2013
"Visit my son who is at Stanford University"
I do not recommend staying here. It was not clean at checkin and we bought cleaning supplies ourself to clean as there was still urine in the toilet and coffee in the coffee pot. I would never stay here again.
3 night trip Feb 21, 2013
"Only stay here in warm weather."
The location and stye of this hotel is quite suitable for families. Because of the lack of consistant heating throughout the room, it is not ideal in winter, fall and early spring. Our criticisms stem from these issues we found in our room: No sheets on the master bed, no soap in the bathroom (not even bar soap) and dishes from the previous guest were left in the sink.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013