All hotels in Menlo Park, California, United States of America
115 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
"Third world stay"
Bad bad bad. Would be better if gone. If the health and safety inspector would close it down if inspected. Makes me question Expedias questions about rating
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Sam
"Close to Stanford Med ctr"
was good place to stay and close to Stanford Med center, I'm frm the Sonora area so it was good, not to drive in rush hour for a10:00 appt.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
bob
"Don't let the outside fool you!"
From the outside you might think you've jumped to the 1950 but the room itself is fabulous. Wood floors and Palo Alto air conditioning. Open the windows! Actually, there is something that looks like an apartment AC unit but this is Palo Alto. Yes, the walls haven't seen a paint brush since the Eisenhower administration but whatever. You don't sleep on the walls. The staff is very responsible. Walking distance to Stanford.
5 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
David Levy
"Not as it appears on website."
This place is over priced, run down, funky and dirty. Some windows in unit 14 didn't close, and other windows did not open. We almost suffocated from the heat and the air conditioner did not work efficiently. There is no office and you must speak to the proprietor through a hole in a plexi-glass window. When we complained about the air conditioner she said there was nothing she could do. We paid extra for a kitchenette which turned out to be a microwave and fridge.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Stanford Inn"
A beautiful but decadent place. The place hasn't been renovated in a long time. Rooms in the first floor are better.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Run down motel in need of repairs"
Would never stay there again! Motel was run down and in need of repairs. A/C unit broke in middle of night. Back up fans were noisy. Iron but no ironing board. Soap bars in bathroom were dry and broke into pieces when you tried to wash. The list goes on. Not worth the money saved. Should not be on Expedia!
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Expedia Should Be Ashamed"
Expedia should not even allow this motel to be listed on their site
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Convenient location but very noisy"
This hotel is right next to a busy roadway. My room had very flimsy windows that let in all the road noise. I needed ear plugs to be able to get any sleep. The staffing at this hotel is very strange. The office is often closed, with directions to call a number where most the time you only get voicemail. I wanted my company to pay the hotel directly for my stay, but it took about a week of phone calls to get the hotel to fax the payment information to my company's travel office.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Be careful - not a good place to stay"
This is the expensive and "THE" worst Motel I ever stayed. It is pretty old and not at all maintained. wall painting is not good. This Motel is on El Camino Real and doesn't have sound proof walls, so You can hear noise of each and every passing vehicle. The room I stayed, they don't have A/C or Heater. Bathrooms are not maintained. The towels they give are 100 years old. furniture is awful. The bed and mattress is too old, bed was making noise while moving and I could count the number of springs in the Mattress. TV never worked. I couldn't connect to Internet. They don't even have proper office/front desk.
3 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"Pictures are wrong"
the pictures on the website did not match the condition of the room/hotel at all.... read all of the reviews before staying here.... my husband and I did not stay I was not comfortable staying there, found a much nicer room at different hotel for only $60 more.... I did not care about losing my money I had already paid on the room we just had to leave
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"left much to be desired"
An affordable hotel in a pricy area. Pluses were a) location, and b) it had a full kitchen. Minuses were a) the place is in severe need of renovation, b) the room was dirty--the "clean" plates required washing, the cabinets were sticky to the touch, the kitchen floor was sticky, the upholstered seats in around the dining table were severely stained (so much so I sat on them with paper towels covering them). We are not that picky when it comes to cleanliness, but this place was dirty even to my husbands standards. More pluses were that at least the bathroom was very clean and the shower had good water pressure. Not bad for the price given the area as long as you don't mind the run down, dirty appearance.
10 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"Spacious, comfortable room with full kitchen."
Not new and glitzy, but well-maintained and nicer than most at this price. Very convenient to our family in Menlo Park, and also to Stanford.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Mary Anne
"Disappointing Property"
I was anticipating a unique and shabby chic kind of stay. In reality this property NEEDS help! It is a very old hotel with several problems (e.g. light fixtures, shower pressure, burn on heater, missing curtains and blinds). However, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very pleasant.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Loud noise, old hotel, but cheap and close"
Old hotel, but close to Stanford. I was offered a room on the street but large vs a small room with a crappy heater but not on the street. Hmmmm... I went with the "nicer" room on the street. It is literally 5 feet from a highway with poor insulation. I could hear everything... People walking by, people upstairs, people outside. It did not feel like a hotel but an old apartment. Everything was quite old and the tv was small. My phone did not work nor did my internet very well. It was "cheap" for Palo Alto, but still more expensive than most places, definitely not worth the money. The one plus is it is actually a full studio with a kitchen. However, I definitely would not stay there again.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
jamie
"Not as represented"
This is a very shabby building. The room was clean thankfully. Express check-in is a pass through window to the office in the "courtyard". I cannot believe this is associated with the Stanford Medical Center. We booked two queen beds room- were given one queen bed room.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
sblady
"Hey, there's a bed"
Walkable distance from the Palo Alto Caltrain station (~0.6 miles), but walking along narrow crosswalks/very wide streets (a block or two from the Stanford shopping centers). Rooms seem rather old but it was clean.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"Quaint hotel very close to Stanford"
Was looking for a place close to the Stanford campus and the Stanford Shopping Center. This older, rather quaint hotel is within walking distance of each. Moderately priced but aging - this hotel's best asset is the evening manager, Eva. She was very accommodating, friendly and approachable - helping us to orient ourselves to an unfamiliar locale. Eva made our stay much more comfortable.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Greg
"good location, but very dirty room"
dirty furniture, sheets/towels with old stains, broken window, heater not working (55 degrees in am), expensive, very disappointed
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Monica
"Disgusting"
I had to shower, shave and brush my teeth with cold, brown water...I assume it was rust from the pipes. Either way, it was disgusting. Terrible experience
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Old and funky"
The room smells very old and you feel as if a window is open cause you can hear the traffic and wind outside. The room can also use a mirror in the bedroom area.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
elizabeth
"Scary"
I was afraid.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
"This is the perfect place for any Stanford U event"
Staff was very nice and accomodating. Great place!!
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Phil
"Not worth the money"
The only positive thing about this hotel was that it was clean. Nothing on the rooms worked-phone, radio, tv, coffeepot. The appearance outside was unpleasant-dirty, unkept, etc. The people were friendly but that's all I can say. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
"Not trying hard enough"
Basic lodging at a good price for the area, but the smoke detector in my room was disabled and when I called the desk at 9 am, no one answered, and when I went to the office, no one was there. WiFi is poor.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
"Cheap and reasonably clean"
That's the best I can say. The beds were comfortable, but the rest of the furniture was awful--stained and broken down. All of the basics were there, but the heating and cooling were provided by portable units--doubt that they would have done the job. Happily, we did not need either.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2013
We got there as I had to have a procedure done at Stanford Hosp. We asked if we could extend our stay to 1:00 and they said no due to someone coming in. This place was dirty, door lock was broken, bottom sheet would not stay on the bed, the drain in the sink in bathroom did not drain properly, the furniture was from the 40's or 50's and it was dirty. We tried to get other accomdations but were unable to secure them every hotel near by were booked. As I needed to start prep for surgery ASAP and otherwise we would have left. I don't think anyone should stay in such a dirty and unsecure place. We had no choice but to stay.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Very handy hotel , near all our activities ."
It was a great place! The lady at the desk was very helpful.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Did not stay"
The place was run-down, the room old and there was no way that my wife and I would stay so we ended up eating the $149.00 that we had pre-paid through hotels.com. We ended up going next door to the Best Western.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Inn close to university n Safeway grocery store."
The portable room air conditioner unit doesn't work well. It stops working randomly and doesn't do the job of making the room cool. The unit had to be tilted towards its side for it to resume working. It also spills water all over the floor when it needs to be tilted. The kitchen facilities are really very old. The room's flooring is uneven. The parking spots are very few.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Jackie
"outdated but close to hospital"
very outdated and not a bargain. they want you to write more here but there isnt much more to say
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Some Pictures do LIE! Others do not"
I had to take my mom to see a specialist at Stanford Medical Center. My parents are in their late seventies and on a fixed income, so when I found out about mom's appointment I decided to take them. I wanted them to have a nice experience so I started shopping around on the inter net and looked at a lot of pictures of motel room, when I came across Expedia's web page. I said to my self, "I've heard a lot about them, this should be a sure bet". Boy was I wrong, ( I have pictures to back up all that I am telling you) Not only is the Stanford Inn old, it is run down and falling apart. The room is a lot smaller then it looks and looks like it is out of the early sixties and look like that was when it had it's last paint job. Stains all over the walls in every room. The bathroom is so small you have to squeeze between the sink and the tub/shower to get in and speaking of the sink you better wash your hands real fast or the sink will over flow, because it is plugged up! Not only were there loose and missing tile around the kitchen sink, but there was still food left in the drain screen. There is a ceiling fan which would have been great had it worked and had it been cleaned(dust was so think in the blades you could see it) because the portable air conditioner was a joke. Had an extension cord run to use it, but if you turned it so it blew towards the beds it opened up a hole in the wall. Would not go below 79 degs. I'm running out of space and still have more to say:.(
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Close to Stanford hospital."
It was good. The kitchenette saved a lot on meal cost. We were tabletop prepare low cost meals in our room.it was very homey.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Convenient"
If you're a fan of funky but clean, this is your place. Super convenient, and surprisingly quiet on a busy street.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Do not stay"
By street very noises room. Bed/sofa not clean. Only benefit is close to shopping mall
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
jackie
"A true dive!"
If you are tight on bucks, this is your ticket. Otherwise, try the Travel Lodge down the street to get hot water.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Barry
"Old and tired."
We were very disappointed when we drove in. There is only a tiny drive in the back off the alley. We drove completely around the block and then into the alley before finding the entrance. It was very tight to get in to a very small courtyard. They did arrange for us to be downstairs since my husband does not do stairs and the staff was friendly. The room was larger than I expected. It had an updated kitchen, a dining area, a bed room area and a small very old bathroom. It was close to the activities we attended. We won't stay there again but it worked out for us this time. The room was reasonably priced.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Pam
"A Picture is worth a 1,000 words!"
The outside resembled the pic on Expedia, but the inside was horrific! Ripped curtains, stained chairs and sofa, cigarette burns on chairs, gang bang writing on ironing board, broken furniture stored in the closet, no screens on the windows, room smelled from the gas stove, the kitchen was filthy, the building next door was covered with gang writing and the train is right across the street from the hotel. There is a "community bathroom" for rooms without their own private bath as some rooms are a converted garage! People using the community bath kept me up slamming the door. Water pressure is zero, especially the cold water. I will never stay there again. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. There were no pillow cases on the pillows. I did not even sleep under the covers, it was so gross. If you are a Stanford Hospital patient you will be very disappointed and grossed out by this hotel. If you are use to living in filth then you will be right at home. I would have rather slept in my car or in the lobby at the hospital. I do not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Jane
"Just a place to lay our head."
Suited our needs. Fair price. Close to Stanford hospital.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"very comfortable. like being at home"
very good bed and large windows, almost like being at home
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Stanford Inn"
This hotel is quiet, beds are comfortable, and the staff is very good.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Quaint, old fashioned, very comfy, apt style"
I would definitely stay here again. Adorably quaint restructured architecture with a dining room and kitchenette including hot plate, microwave, toaster, coffee pot,etc.coffee, tea, condiments provided. Huge closets, friendly staff. Plenty of space. Short walk to Stanford Mall.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Budget appartments"
possibly a good choice for a group/family on a budget holiday. I was not pressed by my bufget so much (employer) and I did regret a bit I did not go for the standard choice (of the conference), about +2/3 of the price but many levels up. The official photos of the hotel make the impression better than the reality is: rusty windows, broken rim of the kitchen sink, the room just below the roof and got heated by the sun => when I came back in the evening the temperature was too high (they switched the AC off during the day) and the AC would not be strong enough to regulate the temp. quickly. Somehow I got used to everything and more or less enjoyed my stay, but I will read reviews more carefully next time.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Marek
"Dreadful place beware"
We made our reservation based on the pictures on the website and we cancelled our stay there when we saw the condition of the hotel, the grounds and the room. It was terrible, looked like something out of a third world country. We found a very clean Best Western a block away.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Hotel need updating and maintenance out and in the room.
2 night trip May 27, 2013
"Great deal on convenient clean location"
It was a large comfortable room, very clean, and even had a kitchenette. My only complaint was a lack of TV stations and very old TV. However, somebody had left a novel and I enjoyed that. Another issue was that the website offered a choice of a smoking room. I selected that but my room had a sign saying "NON-SMOKING". If smoking is not ever available I would prefer that be stated up front in the website. The location was ideal for my visit to the Stanford Clinic.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Ray
"Disappointing -- take your own towels!"
This hotel was very disappointing. From the pictures, the rooms looked attractive, clean, and new. This is not the case. The room I stayed in was an old, one-bedroom studio with a separate kitchen and bathroom. The side of the bed was damaged; plugs on the walls were cracked ; the tub was dirty; the towels had stains on them. The furniture and carpets were dirty, old, and faded. A few of the chairs had burned holes from cigarettes in them; the couches had stains on them. The bar holding the curtains in my room were broken. The room had a musky smell, and the internet connection wasn't great. The room itself is not well-insulated, and I was pretty cold at nights when I slept. (Granted, I did not use the heater in the room. So, I'm not sure if that was in working order or not.) Situated on El Camino Real right next to the Caltrans train line, the room was also very, very loud. I spent 4 nights there, and the only night I was able to sleep was the first after a very tiring and long day of travelling. Despite this, I will say that the staff was very nice. The fridge and microwave were also pretty clean, and I could use them with no problems. For the price, I thought the place was decent. As I am not too fussy, the place did the job for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who might be in Palo Alto to tour the city, or to anyone who might be fussy. If you don't want to spend too much money and decide to stay here, I would recommend that you bring your own towels.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Dont stay here."
The hotel was in dreadful repair. Mold growing on the baseboards. The window openers were all broken. You couldn't close the windows once they were open. We walked into an 90 degree room that would not cool down despite the rinky dink cooler they had. We could not sleep because the room was too hot.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"pleasntly surprised"
im not going to lie I was scared at first when I seen the hotle! but the staff was great and when we went inside the room I was pleasantly surprised! it was like having your own lil apartment! it was great so u could make your own food, and u didnt feel like a hotel! we would definitely stay stay there again!
Other trip May 21, 2013
jackie
"The REVOS experience"
When I first walked in the room smelled of urine and chlorine. We had to open out windows and also out the curling fan on full blast to expel all the odor. Opening the restroom window and shutting the door helped a bit.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Revos
"needed a place close to medical center"
It was close we also needed a reasonable price. This proved completely uncomfortable for my daughter. We were guaranteed a wheelchair none was provided. We were told there would be 2 queen size beds. There was only one. The heater was unworkable My daughter was uncomfortable all night. I did phone and cancel that night for the next day.
Other trip May 16, 2013