All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here100 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lækkert og eksklusivt"
Man skal lige vænne sig til, at receptionen ligger i hotellets restaurant, og man skal vade forbi spisende gæster for at komme hen til elevatoren. Men ellers er Prime et superlækkert hotel med store værelser, der er yderst flot indrettet, en skøn altan, stort badeværelse og ikke mindst en skøn tagterrasse med pool og delvis udsigt ud over havet.
3 night trip Jan 30, 2013
SE
3 night trip Nov 14, 2012
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Prime Hotel

"Incredible gem in the middle of South Beach!"
04/23/15 Gregory A New York City, New York
The Prime Hotel is a great find for those looking for a relaxed stay in an upscale establishment, close to main attractions and beaches. I booked my hotel a few weeks in advance and requested a special room as I had heard there were some better than others. The person who I spoke to was the kindest, most attentive person I had ever dealt with. She arranged for reservations at the top restaurants in Miami, as well as placing me in the best room in the hotel - with fantastic views of Prime 112, Prime Italian, and beautiful palm trees and the water. Although my arrival was not as smooth as I would have liked - as in the staff gave me some trouble because I arrived "too early" for check in, everything was fantastic. The room was gorgeous, very modern and luxurious. Bathroom is a little small and shower is too, but that is minimal in comparison to the overall stay. The pool is very charming, with beautiful views and decorated perfectly. Staff- I had one bad experience with a staff member who was a bit "off" and not the most helpful, but other than that, the staff was amazing. Really don't know what words to use to describe how unbelievable the person was. She was charming, friendly, warm and welcoming, and went out of her way to accommodate my girlfriend and I. Even to the last minute, when she helped us load our luggage into the car. My only complaint is that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the elevator/front desk, and that the reviews for the hotel are so negative. Yes, there is some construction going on around the establishment but it is a minor detail. It's a gem and I would stay there again! Highly recommend it!
"Great location and spacious room, but useless bathroom"
04/18/15 765gordo987 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I love the location of this boutique hotel because I mostly use hotels to sleep and treasure my ability to do so. It is so close to the action but far from the Ocean Drive noise and ratchet tourists (these young kids nowadays...). Although you will have to hop in a cab to get to the decent restaurants and nightspots because you won't see many below about 10th street (SLS, the W, Ola, Yardbird, etc.). So, like other boutique hotels, I suspect that this bathroom was not designed for a woman in mind. It is crazy dark and there are no close mirrors. How the heck am I supposed to put on eyeliner? Luckily for me, I am an expert traveler and walk with a mirror so I could just apply makeup in the main room or on the balcony. You get a small balcony, which is great to sit on and enjoy the ocean breeze. The room is huge, with tons of light options - you can set the mood to romantic, meditative, whatever. The bed is very comfortable and there is reading material in the room. I would come back here for the large room and quiet location. +1 for bag of cookies and a welcome note on my arrival.
"Best of South Beach"
04/15/15 Nella222 Chicago, Illinois
From the moment we arrived (very early!), to the moment we left it was a pleasure staying at the Prime Hotel. I called ahead saying we would likely arrive in Miami well before the 4pm check-in, and they said that would not be a problem at all. I only expected them to hold our bags for us since it was 9AM, but our room was ready! Obviously this was likely just luck since it was a Monday, but the staff was very accommodating. The room was fantastic. Very chic and beautiful (exactly like the pictures). Though, I will warn that if you are sharing a room with someone you may feel modest around then the room I stayed in would not be for you (#11).....the bathroom has a glass wall, slightly frosted in parts, but you can see everything that is going on in there. That being said, the bathroom was so cool, I could overlook everyone seeing me do my business. The pool area was also gorgeous, I wish we were able to enjoy it. As for the "lobby" being a restaurant....it didn't bother me, but it was definitely unique. I only felt a little awkward coming back at night and walking through everyone eating to go back to my room. The night we stayed the hotel and surrounding area were very quiet. Checking out was also a breeze, and the front desk even printed my boarding passes! I would stay here again without a second thought.
"Comfortable room, but got little sleep due to paper thin walls!"
03/30/15 msq2015 Miami Beach, Florida
Heavy construction happening across the street from room's balcony not mentioned when asked for quite room. All doors on the floor for rooms slam shut on their own which was heard all night long. No affordable parking, have to move car every 10 hours. Pool is not a pool, but a Luke warm dirty soaking tub. Internet does not work in the rooms. Room not stocked with coffee cups, not much help from scarce staff. Won't stay here again.
"Terrible experience! Construction sites on both sides and bad service!"
03/18/15 DomiE92 Miami Beach, Florida
The hotel was definitely not what we expected given the reviews and beautiful pictures online. First off, the woman at the desk was really standoffish and not polite. Secondly, there is construction sites ON BOTH SIDES of the hotel which completely takes away the view from your room and from the pool. Laying out at the pool was extremely uncomfortable given the constant catcalling from the construction company workers. I believe telling us in advance that you are surrounded by dust and buildings under construction is something crucial when making a reservation! The rooms are not as pretty or big as they looked in the picture. The furniture was old and the coating from the seats was coming off. We paid for a Deluxe Balcony Suite and when we came they gave as a normal balcony suite which was not as big as we thought. When we approached them about the room they argued that there is no difference between the balcony and deluxe balcony rooms which just seemed completely false, or unnecessary to point out differences in their website. To summarize, the price is not worth it and make sure you don't come here for the next half of the year until both construction sites are done!!!
"Love this hotel!"
03/09/15 Andrew_Destin Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Bad- walk into a busy restaurant by yourself with bags. No bellman. Elevator in back. The slow valet. Good- the room, the girls at the desk, the roof top pool, the food, the location. Easy to get to the beach and boardwalk. Also near other great south point resturants and cafés.
"Prime Time... Classy! (pt 2)"
03/03/15 travelcricket New York, NY
I made a slight mistake, and tripadvisor won't let me change it. Prime is Prime Hotel, Prime Fish, Prime Italian and Prime One Twelve. I have eatedn at Prime One Twelve and Prime Fish on Collins. I just wanted to say again, the ENTIRE Prime experience is fabulous! Special s/o to Shannon the GM at Prime Hotel! Trust me it is a boutique experience like NO OTHER!
"Prime Time... Classy!"
02/17/15 JETSETCRICKET247 New York City, New York
I travel to Miami often, and I am so delayed writing this review, but I had such a great experience, that I had to say something. First off the Prime properties, consist of the Prime Hotel, Prime One Twelve (112) and Prime Italian restaurants. We did not try the Italian experience, but Prime One Twelve was incredible! Quite honestly, out of the hundreds of times, I have been to Miami, I have passed this location and never stopped to go inside. We stumbled upon the restaurant by accident, and I am so glad we did! Out of curiosity, my friends and I, found ourselves wandering into the hotel lobby, and we were looking around! The hotel's General Mgr/Operations Mgr. was walking through and saw us. Shannon E. not only showed us a vacant room, which was so spacious, clean, had modern decor, and fantastic bathroom... she extended the tour up to the rooftop where there was a pool, and a calming atmosphere. I WAS SOLD!!!! Shannon E. was so cool, and she welcomed us! I have NEVER had a manager take time out of their busy hectic schedule, like Shannon E. did for us! The tour was Rockstar! She let the rooms and the rooftop speak for itself! She did not try a 'sales pitch' approach, the tour was perfect! She loves her job, and it truly shows! That is what GREAT MANAGEMENT LOOKS LIKE! This hotel is on Ocean Drive, across from the beach, then you have an amazing hotel, that is quiet and laid back, and you have two restaurants right next door! Prime One Twelve serves great surf and turf and a bacon bouquet... as a bar snack! Yes... Seriously?!?! How can you beat that?!?!?!?!?!! Fried Oreos and an impressive wine and cocktail selection! To me, there is just no other choice. Prime One Twelve is a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion! Prime Hotel has less than 20 rooms, I believe, so make your reservation in advance, because the rooms book quick! The staff is very accommodating too! Thanks Chlea!!!! To me there is no other SoBE experience!
"A restaurant with some rooms above it"
02/07/15 GloberunnerNYC New York City, New York
I had read the reviews where people have said that it was weird walking into the restaurant to check into the hotel, but you really need to experience it to understand just how uncomfortable it is. Walking through a four star restaurant in the middle of a busy dinner service with your rolling luggage is just plain awful. Busboys and waiters pushing you out of the way as you head to the back near the kitchen to take the elevator to your room. This is not a hotel. It's a restaurant. Period. No service, no amenities, no one to speak to in the morning when the coffee machine in the room is about to blow up, only the kitchen crew who don't speak English. The room itself was nice, overlooking the alley with construction all around. The bathroom was the good part, large and clean. Dark lighting in room made it difficult to apply make up in the morning. Front desk woman aka the cashier at restaurant was pleasant but I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this to others. 35.00 a night for overnight parking was way too much.
"Design triumphs over utility"
12/03/14 emeritaprof London, UK
Our room in the Prime Hotel (Miami, South Beachwood) seemed nice--fairly spacious, with clean looks--but the cool look disguised a totally dysfunctional space. The lighting in the bathroom is so dim that simple tasks like putting on make-up or shaving are impossible. A towel bar at the front of the sink adds to the problem by adding a physical barrier between the mirror and the person trying to see his/her image. The "closet" would be too small even if it were not filled with an iron and ironing board, but it is totally useless unless you take those things out--not that there is anywhere else to put them. The illy espresso machine (which seemed like an inviting feature) is placed on a shelf which makes all the operative parts (water tank, capsule compartment) inaccessible. Once we maneuvered it into a slightly better position we still couldn't get it to work. For all we know it is just a stage prop! In this room, form definitely won out over function. And . . . Noise from the restaurant downstairs makes sleep unlikely!