All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America

• Value for money
    Poor value for money
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
The hotel was having trouble with the elevators and some had to use stairs. Not good for handicapped people such as myself.
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016
Cora
Nothing is really wrong here, but the room did look a bit shopworn, esp. the bathroom.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
"Not a bad value for the price"
The bed was much too hard and very uncomfortable. The shower would have been great if there had been hot water and more water pressure. It was not a bad value for the price, and the location is convenient. The room was very utilitarian.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2016
Kate
"Don't hold your breath for balcony room"
Great hotel but if you really want a balcony be sure to call the hotel directly. Booked room with 2 queen beds and balcony through hotels.com but upon check in was told balcony was not guaranteed for two queen room. Other then that very satisfied.
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2016
ROBIN
"Okay option Downtown"
In for one night on business. I wish there were more dining options Downtown, but it is a reasonable lodging option.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2016
We probably should have stayed an extra day. There was more in Memphis we should have seen. This means that we have to return.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2015
"Clean, Relaxing and convenient"
Only 1 night but met all my travel needs
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Charlie
"Perfect stay"
Perfect in every way. Great bathroom and roomy shower. Staff is there to serve.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
We are glad you enjoyed your staff, we hope to see you again!
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
Every person that worked at the hotel from valet, front desk, lobby restaurant and housekeeping were the friendliest group of people. Great hotel!
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Thank you for taking time to acknowledge our staff! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, please visit again.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
"great fall getaway"
overall it was a good stay....the only thing that was a concern, i have allergies and asked for a hypo-allergy room and when we walked into our room it stunk. i went back down stairs to tell the clerk she took care of it asp and put us in another room and it work out great! it was a good experience for us. all the attractions and food we wanted to do was perfect.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
I'm glad everything worked out with your room request, thank you and visit again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
Tina
Good location downtown. Nice, clean rooms.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Michael from Los Angeles-Thanks for staying with us! We hope you will visit again.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Downtown hotel in courtyard with other hotels"
Nice hotel, good shower; parking was further away than expected for the price paid.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Caitlin - Please visit again, thank you!
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Caitlin
"Nice hotel, close to downtown and midtown areas"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Including the breakfast with your reservation is worth it. Hotel felt very safe for me and my family.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Hotel staff very friendly, their to meet our every demand, from valet parking to cleaniness of room by housekeepers. Great location to walk and do site seeing, lobby area is very beautiful and cozy, spacious and roomy. My family and I loved our stay, we come to Memphis on a regular and this was our first stay in the downtown area.....beautiful!!!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Close to downtown and Beale street"
Hotel was in a nice clean area away from the hustle of downtown but still close enough to walk to all the attractions.Bus stopped by the hotel if you did not want to walk to Beale street.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Room was very cozy and clean. Convenient to everything. Staff was very friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Katina
"Nice comfort room"
Everything was nice but they need a microwave and swimming pool
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Great hotel. Friendly staff. I would recommend and definitely stay again
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Excellent location"
Enjoyed our stay, excellent location, quite hotel.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Bring your Off spray"
Overall the hotel was good. But the only thing you need to know if you stay here is that the mosquitoes are bad so bring your bug spray. Because if you open your patio door/window the room fill up with them.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Jessie
"Very nice Courtyard Marriott"
This is a great property and conveniently located to area attractions. If I was to criticize anything, it would be the loudly slamming room doors. But this is a Marriott problem in general - seems every Marriott I stay in has it - so maybe some day they will replace the hydraulics on all the doors. The other thing is there was no listing of TV channels in the room (couldn't figure out an on-screen option either). But this was a great, very clean hotel and very friendly and accommodating staff. I'd stay there again for sure.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
D
"not bad but pricey for what you got"
We were surprised there was not even a small refrigerator or a luggage rack for our suitcase in the room. Especially for $200 a night. Otherwise it was a clean room and staff was always friendly.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Jonathan
"would stay again..."
Everybody was great and Sonja the bartender was awesome. Made us feel right at home. They were having some problems with the ac but they were doing their best to fix it. Did cool off later that evening.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Everything was great!
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Paula
"Loved my stay..."
Loved everything about my stay.. Definitely will be back. Quiet, friendly, good sleep, nice rooms! Close enough to Beale street to walk.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Brooke
"A block from the Mighty Mississippi!!!"
Nice stay, clean rooms. A bit north of Beale st, but still within walking distance. No free breakfast, but did have multi functional social area with bar at night and semi-bistro by day. Service was quick and hospitable.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
michael
"Location"
Location was close to beale st (4 or 5 blocks) room was very nice and help was more than helpful and helpful. Would recommend this to all!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Average"
Negatives-Safe did not work. Rolling papers for marijuana found under stacked trio of tables...cleaning staff should have found. My parents' room was ajar and electrical work was beiing done although nobody was around as they entered. Only mirrors are in bathroom above sink and behind door making it difficult for multiple people to get ready at the same time. Positive- bathroom is updated and clean. Valet gentlemen were great. Location is convenient.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Favorite Memphis hotel!"
We had a beautiful view on our corner balcony! The room, hotel staff and food was fabulous! I will definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Friendly staff. Good food. Very close to everything. Trolley stop outside door
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Ken
"Nice Spot"
Wife and I really like this hotel. We have stayed here before for a weekend getaway and haven't been disappointed either time. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff for the most part have beep courteous although we haven't had the need for too much interaction with them. Great location for being able to stroll down main street and enjoy some of the local bars/restaurants.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
My husband did not think that the beds were too comfortable. He had trouble sleeping.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Jenn
"Nice getaway!"
We had a great stay. Staff was friendly!
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Super clean, excellent location. Very nice hotel. We will definitely return!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Rachel
"Vacation"
Great
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"memphis in may bar b q championship"
great loved it
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Robert C
"Excellent Hotel Stay"
All of the hotel staff (valet, front desk and workers at Starbucks) were very nice and friendly. Staff was helpful, answered questions and provided necessary maps, etc. for us to enjoy our stay. Great location, easy access via trolley to all events. Look forward to returning next year.
3 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Memphis"
OK. Very disappointed in the lobby. The chairs were old and stained.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Jan
"Awful"
I was given a Handicapped Room with no indication that I was Handicapped. The Clerk at the front desk was rude and did not care to hear anything anyone had to say. The Clerk indicated that it was the only room they had left. The Hotel and the Room had an awful smell the hallway furniture was torn. I've stayed at many Marriots and this one was the worst of them all. I cancelled my reservation and went to the Memphis Downtown Sheraton....really nice.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Good location. Nice staff. Nice breakfast. Nice appearance. Uncomfortable bed and pillows.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Memphis"
Very nice. Good location.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Thanks for staying, please visit again!
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
"1"
Stay was great. Except...parking in the garage down the street is a hassle.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Eugene
"ok, but!"
Room was not even cleaned and we arrived at 4:25. We could tell once we got into it that it was a quick clean. Sat in lobby for quite a while waiting for room to be cleaned. The room wasn't quite what I expected for the price but it was ok. The trip was a birthday get away for my wife. The lobby had a very wangy smell, like maybe the bar drain was dirty.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Hello Rocky- Thank you for staying with us. I do appreciate your comments regarding your stay -I'm sorry your room was not ready upon check in, I hope your wife enjoyed her birthday and you were able to enjoy our beautiful downtown attractions. Please visit us again and allow us to provide you with exceptional service.LD-Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
rocky
"Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!"
I booked this hotel as an afterthought due to my normal hotel being booked. Boy, I'm glad I did!! From the moment I walked in, everything was great! Every staff member I encountered, from the valet to the housekeeper, was so nice and accommodating! The printer was down in the business lounge and the front desk manager allowed me to print from their computer. The Bistro in the lobby is a wonderful place for meals and drinks! I would suggest booking your breakfast with your reservation. You get a huge, made to order breakfast that is wonderful....almost too big to eat! For dinner, the local restaurants deliver until between 2-4am! Westy's is a must try:) The hot tub was super relaxing, too, which was great since I only had a shower in my room. Plus, it's only a 10 minute, easy walk to Beale. I have definitely made this my Memphis home-base from now on!!!!
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Memphis
Thank you Ashley! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and downtown Memphis. We hope you will visit again. LD-Manager
3 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Ashley
"Woken up at 8:30AM by slamming doors"
After a week of driving through the country with a completely packed car, we were looking forward to sleeping at such a nice place. We got in, and our room immediately reeked of B.O., and there were handprints all over the headboard of the bed (ew). The worst part of our stay was the morning, though. We were looking forward to sleeping in until 11 (since the checkout is at noon), but I was woken up at 8:30AM by the screams of "HOUSEKEEPING!" and slamming doors. I called downstairs to inform them that their housekeeping was slamming all of the doors multiple times every few minutes, and all they had to say was "Yeah, I'm so sorry, we've been getting a lot of complaints about that lately." ... Are you serious? You've been getting complaints steadily about this issue and it's still happening? After charging my card OVER $200 for a one night stay, she offered us free water. That's it. First and worst experience at a Mariott - I think I'll stick to the Home and Country Inns from now on.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Could not gain access to the hotel from street. Card activation was broken. Nobody came to the door after 10 minutes of knocking. We finally gained entrance when a guest happened to leave. When we mentioned we had been outside in the cold for over 10 minutes the attendant said "yes we know, it's broken".
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice hotel. But too far from Beale St."
Every staff member from valet to front desk was top notch! Super friendly! Great hotel! But if you have kids, it's a bit far from Beale St. It's five blocks & you must walk through a "shady" area (homeless people, rough surroundings). Would not walk the 5 blocks at night. If it's just adults, I would be a bit more comfortable.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Traveling Mom
"Don't bring back leftovers-no fridge in my room."
I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The room was very clean and well kept. My only complaint was my room didn't have a refrigerator as the description states is included in all rooms. I could have probably complained but it was obviously a very busy weekend and there probably weren't any other available rooms. The breakfast was also very delishous and I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Spring Break"
The hotel and the staff were great, but the cable or lack there of,was terrible. Very limited channels.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Nice rooms, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Walking distance to Beale street and FedEx Forum. Would recommend to family and friends.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015