All hotels in Littleton, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here111 Main Street, Littleton, NH, 03561, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Classy & Charming"
One of the most facsinating Inns I have ever stayed at. The extravegance and nostalgia makes for an ejoyable stay at a resonable price. The quaint continental breakfast quarters combined with the Italian resturaunt/pub downstairs adds to the feel of all-encumbered services once provided by a typical 19th century Inn.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
Oscar
"We will definitely stay here again!"
If you like old inns/hotels, you'll like Thayer's Inn in Lttleton, NH. This inn, which opened in 1850, reminded me of another old inn/hotel that I like to stay at: The Bell Hotel, in Sandwich, Kent, UK. The staff here at Thayer's, at checking and check out, were friendly, polite, accommodating. Our room was comfortably furnished, with the sink out side of the shower/toilet area. One could easily imagine being back in the late 1800s, even though reminders of modern life (refrigerator, TV, VHS VCR, phone, WI-FI, air conditioner) were present. The Inn is almost smack in the middle of town, which is typical New England, complete with a covered bridge over the Ammonoosuc River. The Inn has a restaurant called Bailiwick's but my wife and I did not sample its fare as it was always packed. There are lots of restaurants in Littleton and we especially enjoyed breakfasting at the Littleton Diner, less than 200 yds from Thayer's Inn, west down Main Street.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"Good experience, except the breakfast"
Overall this is very good hotel, owned by a local family. Only one thing, the breakfast has too few choice.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Very quaint, old fashion setting, in the center of town (encouraged walking the downtown area), plenty of exercise climbing stairs to third floor (no elevator), "family suite" turned out to be two separate rooms with a connecting bathroom ( thought it was going to be a room with twin beds and adjoining sitting area), neither telephones nor ceiling fans in either room worked. Staff pleasant.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2013
We enjoyed the location and the history of the Inn. Matt was especially helpful as we checked out and had questions about the area in the morning. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend Thayers Inn to our friends.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Charming hotel, lots of character, in heart of downtown Littleton, NH. Worth it to spend just a little more and stay here, vs. generic motels.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Must Visit"
Wonderful!!! With in walking distance to plenty of food and shopping. This Inn is loaded with history
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
Judy
"This is a very old hotel and needs a lot of work"
The staff was friendly and helpful. The facilities need upgrading. The rooms are old and dates. The wifi is inconsistent. The breakfast is cheap and inadequate.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Mom of Two
"first time great second not so much"
Last year we stayed at the Thayer's inn it was great nice Victorian style hotel. It had character with the wood floor, twisty stairs, old paintings, by the river and right in town... really nice. Liked it so much we decided to stay there again this year. We walked into the hotel room, the vanity and bathroom sink was outside the bathroom which was weird. Used the Bathroom there was some sort of stain on the toilet seat, so we notified the front desk which was very accommodating they moved us down the hall. The room we were moved to was the same set up. We dealt with it since we do a lot of outdoor activities and only sleep and shower there. After hiking all day Sunday we came into the hotel room tried to wash my hands but there was no water coming out of the sink faucet, tested the shower faucet and nothing. Went to the front desk yet again and they wanted to change our room again... We took the key for the third room contemplating about whether to change our room or not. This would mean packing all of our belongings back up to move across the Hall and to only repack then again the next morning(Monday) because there is no hot water.Which I was very upset about. (on vacation shouldn't have to worry about hot water....) Also a side note the "shower" was extremely small, not even a shelf to put down your shampoo or soap. So what it really comes down to is that I am not staying at this hotel again, I had a much time last year at this hotel.
3 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
mtwhiker
"Thayer's Inn is top notch!"
My husband and I stayed at the Thayer's Inn last weekend and were not disappointed. The check-in lady was so friendly, recommending places to visit while we were there--places to eat, not just their restaurant. The room was delightful.The king size bed was like sleeping on a cloud -- I looked for a step stool to climb up on it-- we measured it at 30" high!! The room on the first floor was comfortable, nice chairs by the bay window and a well equipped bathroom. I was pleased to see an iron and ironing board in the closet as I needed it the next morning. (I apologise for not figuring out how to close it up, however. Ooops!) Checking out, I almost said "You have a lovely home" as that is what it felt like. The lady laughed and said that they hear that sentiment a lot. We are already looking forward to our next visit--hopefully in the fall.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"A Real Hotel"
The breakfast leaves something to be desired. The stall shower was dirty.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Stuart
"Quaint Old Hotel"
Hotel from the mid 1800s... typical of older hotels, shifting walls/floors... but still good. Had two rooms for the weekend with shared bathroom....worked out just fine for close friends. Yes, if your older and can't climb stairs, this hotel isn't for you ( as a 70 yo person complained in a prior report ) as there is no elevator ( and it doesn't need it! )
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Rooms for hobbits"
I can understand that this is an old Inn but the rooms are extremely small and bed is very small too. Everything is half the size of regular motel. Parking is weird. Rooms are clean. Location of the Inn is good. Few good restaurants are closeby.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"good location right in town"
Charming hotel in good location. Small breakfast a nice touch.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"getaway weekend"
this is a great old hotel in a super location.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Excellent and friendly staff"
Spent two nights at this great old building. The outside looks a bit old and sketchy but the great staff and clean room more than made up for it.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
reviewerman
"Great stay :)"
Charming hotel. Safe & comfortable! I'd stay here again!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
C2
"Downtown location"
Everything you could need. Place has old building character. no complaints.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Littleton was a nice surprise."
The hotel is fairly old, so expect the usual sights and smells of an old hotel. The hotel staff was very informative and made us feel comfortable. Littleton itself had a vibrant main street with a good selection of restaurants and shops to browse in.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Neil
"Old quaint hotel"
Thayer Inn is a nice old quaint hotel with minimal modern luxuries. No elevator. But that is what you would expect when you make reservation to stay there. The staff is very friendly and helpful
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Staff is friendly, hotel is antiquated."
The inn is in the center of the downtown area. Parking is iffy. Uphill walk to get to entrance and stairs after that. The staff is very nice and went out of their way to accommodate. There isn't an elevator and stairs are steep. Bathroom is the size of a closet and you have to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper. Bed was comfortable, but pillow was hard, and I don't like hard pillows. If I was going to Littleton again, I would find another place to stay.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Ken
"Great place for those who can climb stairs."
This is a beautiful historic building. We find it difficult to climb stairs at our age (mid 70's). The "desk" is on the second floor, the rooms are on the 3rd floor and the restaurant is on the ground floor. The staff was very helpful including some assistance with luggage and they brought our supper to a small meeting room on the same floor as our room.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Chuck
"A piece of the past"
Great old-fashioned historic hotel with a good location for enjoying the town. Loved the character of our room, even the slant in the floor and the door. This is a fine place to stay for someone who appreciates history.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Dave and Teri
"Conveniently located"
My husband and I enjoyed our stay. We didn't mind the bad reception of the television. We were focus on admiring the historic decor and homey feel of our room. Will definitely stay there again!
1 night trip May 31, 2013
Thayers Fan
"Very ordinary for the price"
I stayed a couple of nights in May. It is a good bed and breakfast place but nothing more. The building is well maintained but noisy. Very easy to hear movements and conversation of neighboring rooms. The AC or heating systems are grossly inadequate. Good part is the location - close to a bunch of Thai, Chinese and continental restaurants in the downtown with a rivulet flowing right behind the hotel's parking lot.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
"Close to sights"
We had a very nice stay!! Everything was very nice!!! Just wish the weather had been better!!
2 night family trip May 24, 2013
"Beautiful Historic Inn"
Although I had a very short stay at Thayer's Inn, I was very impressed by the historic charm and staff. Upon very late arrival the Inn generously upgraded our reserved room. In the morning the breakfast was sufficent (do not except a buffet!) but satisfying. The staff members were very helpful with pointing out things to do in the surrounding area and helping you to organize your stay. Overall I would return here in the future!
Other trip May 18, 2013
"couples weekend"
Excellent dinner at restaurant!!!!! room was a quaint room in small town, great for relaxing couples weekend
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
Beautiful old inn. The rooms are a bit worn in (peeling wallpaper, old linoleum floors in bathroom), but for the price and location, it was fine for us.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2013
I spent one night! It was very windy and a door outside kept banging against the building but stopped around 10pm when the door got locked for the night. The windows are very drafty and I could here the traffic. Our heater didn't work but they did have a electric heater in the room just in case. There is no elevator. It was very clean!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
"We'll be back for sure!"
We only stayed here one night, and due to our arrival and departure times, we only slept. We will be booking a weekend stay for sure, in the near future!! My wife and I loved the building: lots of character and history.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Gene
"Overnight ski stay"
I stayed here overnight during a ski trip; it was one of the few places willing to book a one night stay over the holiday weekend. The rate was competitive and I had a family suite all to myself. Contrary to some of the other reviews, I found clean sheets on the bed I slept in, although I did notice some water stains on the ceiling I wasn't crazy about. The room and items within are a bit dated, but they got the job done. Bathroom is pretty small but was all that I needed; it might not serve an entire family so well. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helped point me to some parking as well as a couple of dining options. The Inn is on the main street in Littleton, so you can walk to places. The only real complaint I had was that my room became quite cold overnight; I woke up and had to throw on sweatpants and a hoodie in order to fall back asleep. Comforters on the beds would go a long way in the winter! Overall though, the Inn met my needs.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
The included breakfast was essentially non-existant and consisted of bagels, english muffins, and empty cereal boxes. Had to get a breakfast from a nearby restaurant.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Charming Bed and Breakfast"
This is a very charming boutique hotel/bed and breakfast. It is a historic landmark of the surrounding town Littleton. The building is old but full of history. The bathrooms are renovated and nice. The restaurant downstairs is one of the best restaurants of the town and free wifi is always appreciated. I enjoyed my stay here a lot but If you are the holiday inn type, then it is not for you.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2013
"A lovely visit"
I stayed 1 night at Thayers Inn because it was the only hotel along that stretch of hwy 91 that fell within my price range during a long road trip. I was delighted to find a very cheerful and helpful staff and a comfortable room. The neighborhood is basically one main street, but nearby is a new covered footbridge over the river, a popular place for dog-walkers. There are plenty of restaurant options in town, too. My only complaint was that the bathroom in my hotel room was very small--an artifact of the building's history and age, I'm sure. All the amenities are there, of course, but don't expect a luxurious shower experience.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2013
"Main St. location, walk to shop,eat & movie"
Pleasant New Hampshire small town experience in the White Mountains.
2 night trip Jan 11, 2013
Rich L
"Great place to stay!"
My wife and I were in need of a place to stay in the Littleton area prior to attending a family funeral in Quebec. She gre up in the area and had always wanted to stay at Thayers Inn...so we gave it a try. We were quite pleased...although our room was small it was comfy and clean. We could have opted for a larger room but chose not to. Everything else about the stay was just fine...excellent value for money. Many rooms are in the process of refurbishment...this is an older property built in the 1840s so don't expect the Taj Mahal. The refurbishments in our room (flat screen TV, curved brushed nickel shower rod, sink fixtures) were nicely done.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
MWR
Staff was not knowledgable about the area. Hotel was being renovated so there some construction going on outside and inside. The history of the Inn was very interesting.
Family trip Oct 20, 2012
Randy
"No hot water when totally booked up"
I stayed in the INN on Columbus Day weekend. In the AM I ran the hot water in the sink for 5 minutes trying to get hot water to wash up. After 5 minutes I ran the water in the shower for 5 minutes trying to get hot water. There wasn't any. When I told them at the front desk that I didn't have any hot water the response was "no one has any hot water this morning. We ran out because the hotel is totally booked". My advice is the old saying: " the early bird get the hot water"!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2012
"Leaf peepers"
This was a quaint place to stay? The room was clean, the bed was comfy, but the bathroom was very small!
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"BEWARE of The Thayer!"
Our experience at The Thayer Hotel was disappointing. We own a Victorian home so we understand what's required in maintaining the charm of an older dwelling along with providing modern comforts but The Thayer Hotel provided neither charm nor comfort. There's no elevator which means guests must navigate a rickety staircase carrying all the luggage. We're strong and healthy but struggling up the stairs after a long day of "Leaf Peeping" was exhausting! We were very happy our room was on the first floor, but unfortunately, that room was dingy, cramped, ugly, and cold. The radiator didn't work, the shower curtain was badly torn, and simple amenities, like Kleenex, weren't provided. There was little privacy and noise from the street and parking lot was invasive. We will not return nor could we recommend The Thayer Hotel to anyone. The single redeeming feature is a wonderful restaurant under separate management which is located on the ground floor. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at "The Baliwick" with service and cuisine vying with Chez Panisse or other fine restaurants we've experienced.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"Worst place ever!"
This is billed as an "historic" hotel. It is run down and poorly maintained. The room was small. The bathroom smaller, more like a closet with a shower and toilet. Our room was in the front of the building. Street noise would have kept us awake but noise from other guests in hall and adjacent room plus construction that went on until midnight each night on the floor above was even worse. The refrigerator in room did not work, air conditioner was removed while we were out during the first day of our stay. There was a portable plug-in heater in the room apparently for use during colder nights. The continental "breakfast" was very poor and available in a very small room on the first floor of the hotel. Hotel staff were indifferent to requests and complaints and seemed to try to avoid eye contact. This was the worst place we have ever stayed and not worth half the price we paid. There is nothing to recommend staying at the Thayer Hotel. DON'T DO IT!
Family trip Oct 1, 2012
"Old world charm home style inn we enjoyed our stay"
We enjoyed the old style inn. It wasn't super modern but was clean and met our needs. It is located very conveniently on the main strip near restaurants and shopping. The breakfast in the morning was a little disappointing as there was really no hot food but we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
Sandy
"Thayers Inn"
This looks like an old house turned into a quaint hotel. It was located in the center of town and within walking distance of restaurants and shops of all kinds. The room was cozy, however, it was not completely cleaned from the previous guest. There was trash (food containers), bottle caps, and a filthy bathroom floor (dirty waterspots). The room was on a slant and the bed kept moving from the wall from any movement. Overall, it was a nIce stay and I would stay again.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
Jon
"Not your typical chain-hotel experience."
Not your typical chain-hotel experience. Old fashion village type hotel with modern conveniences. Located in an historic, converted mansion-style building on the main street of this charming New England town. Prices are reasonable. Free continental breakfast is adequate. Refrigerators in rooms. Restaurant on premises. I would highly recommend this hotel experience.
Family trip Sep 4, 2012
"Historic Inn"
Being a "historic" destination was not what drew us to stay at Thayer's. The building is old by US standards, and renovations have made no attempt to hide this. That's ok. On the other hand, the room was authentically gloomy, with three different garish kinds of wallpaper. A lot of character...
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Upper Valley Duo
"Keeping a great tradition"
The manager was very helpful, she made you feel like family. The hotel is keeping the charm of the past with the amenities of today. It makes you want to come back.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012
M John
The room "drab" and without "period furniture. The bed was far too low and at one point a corner collapsed when a slat had moved sideways out from under the boxspring. We were able to see other rooms and they were better so I think that there is still work for the management to get done. TV equipement was ancient, with a remote that didn't work. We were told the following morning that we needed to have called TO GET A CODE (how silly is that?). We only had about 6 sq in the shower to place items (BAD for my wife). Four floors; and NO ELEVATOR? (We were told that the building is too old; my thinking is that the owners are unwilling to do proper upgrades). The restaurant (Baileywicks (sp) was quite nice and we certainly would go back there to eat.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
"wonderful experience"
Very charming place, in an absolutely lovely little village. Loved sitting out on the balconies and watching main street. Will stay here again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Robin F.
"Historic Hotels Rock!"
We knew about the fire earlier in the year, so our stay was a vote of support for a venerable historic hotel. If not for a very faint whiff of "woodsmoke" and the presence of reconstruction crews, we would not have had any awareness of the event. Our room was clean and our bed was incredibly comfortable. Not much of a view, but that was not a priority for us. We did not try the free continental breakfast, but if looked fairly basic. There are several nice restaurants and many interesting shops within walking distance of the hotel. We will certainly come again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012