All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
851 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Great room
"Great stay! Super salty resturant!"
Hotel is great!The room was comfortable and clean. It was cozy (like all New York hotel rooms), but not too small. The bed was very comfortable with nice sheets. The bath room was very large and the shower had a rainfall showerhead in the ceiling, which was excellent. The toiletries were excellent quality Bigalow products. The police sirens at night (typical New York noise) and the drivers honking there horns were heard clearly in our 6th floor room facing 6th avenue. The sirens were going nuts between midnight and 2 AM on Labor Day. But quieted down after that. The windows are heavy and the doors too. No noise from inside was heard, just the street. Free delicious coffee in the lobby each morning. All day there is mint and cucumber water in the lobby. It ran out a few times and we let the friendly staff know it needed attention. We had a drink in the Italian resturant at the back of the lobby, and ate dinner the the next night there. The food was heavily salted, every dish. Couldn't figure out why so salty. They must buy it buy the truck load. The brocolli rabe was all burned and charred. Why? It should be sueteed, not grilled. There is a 2nd resturant opening soon to the right of the lobby. I don't know about this one. Avoid the one in the back, the service was not good. The food was not good. And it was quite pricey. Otherwise we enjoyed the hotel very much and the staff was terrific! The room attendant was super friendly and awesome, just like the front desk folks!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you kindly for the review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed you stay. Please come back and visit us again soon!
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Very enjoyable stay! Beautiful hotel!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for staying with us and please come back again soon!
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
MARY MICHELE
"Excellent place to stay!"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Eventi. The location was great. The room and staff were excellent! I will stay here again on my next trip to New York.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you kindly for the review! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the big apple!
5 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
"Close to all NYC sights"
We stayed there for the US Open tennis grand slam. Hotel is close to the Empire State Building, Time Square/Theatre District, Chelsea, The High Line, Metro stations, great grocery/convenience store across the street, and good restaurants.
Ken
"BEST EVER"
This hotel had amazing ambiance throughout the entire building-including the European "water closet: restroom by the restaurant-WOW! Staff, facilities, furnishings.............made for a fantastic stay in NYC! Can't wait to go back!!!! Thank you! Cindy
Cindy
"Beautiful Hotel,pleasant staff,cute wine reception"
An over night stay for my bday.. What stood out the most was the marble bathrooms!! Marvelous!! I will be back!!
Tamika
Lovely surprise in NYC. Great location and staff was amazing.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Great hotel! Great views, nice rooms, wonderful service. Near the LIRR stations, which helped, although the immediate neighborhood is slightly boring.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you kindly for the review! Please come back and visit us again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
We enjoyed our stay. The staff and the hotel facilities were great and the location was convenient.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Elizabeth, Thank you kindly for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback and I hope you will be back soon! Warm Regards,
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"mediocore"
The mattresses are old and worn and need replacement. My teenage daughter was in the pull out bed, but there were no linens in the room to make the bed. Staff had to be called to make bed. They never bothered to fold it up for the next day so you could not move in the room.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that we missed the mark! I would love to invite you back to prove that this is not up to our standards!
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great Place!"
Loved the place and would stay here again. the neighborhood is ok, its right on 6th, which is busy and the neighborhood is turning really nicely. close to macys and all my clients. room was really big and clean. they dont have Iced coffee, or at least thats what the woman on the phone told me so i had to go out and get that...lots of bodegas around, so it was easy.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review! So many great things to come in the neighborhood in the very new future! Happy to here you will be staying with us again, we would love to become your favorite go to hotel in the city!
3 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
"Found A Jewel"
The staff ,all services and facilities were excellent.When ever I stay in NYC/Manhattan Island it will be at the Eventi Hotel.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Eventi and that you will be joining us again in the future! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
4 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great location!"
Great location! Hotel seemed well-maintained, but front desk staff seemed harried and bored—the receptionist said exactly the same to me as he did when checking in the previous visitor…
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the kind review! Our location is truly the best! Enjoy the rest of your summer and please come back to visit us again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Lynn
"Great hotel for parents of FIT student, close"
Staff were great with recommendations on restaurants. complimentary wine happy hour on the roof was a nice touch. Only complaint was the wine glasses were not clean. I was served wine in a glass with lipstick stains on it. I was promptly given a new glass when I made this known. Room was a nice size with two queens
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
For several years, I've stayed at Eventi whenever I had to be in NY. The hotel is magnificent, the views from upper floors are extraordinary (I was in 2303 this past weekend), and the staff is exceptional, from reception to housekeeping. Always feel welcome. When my wife was alive, we also enjoyed the wine reception on the terrace.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Warren, Thank you for you continued loyalty to Eventi! Our views and staff truly are the best! I hope you will continue staying with us for years to come! Warm Regards,
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Warren
"Great place to stay!"
Had a quick stop over on the way back from late arrival to JFK
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Michael, Thank you for the review! It sounds like it was a short, but sweet stay with us! Hopefully next time you can stay longer and relax! Warm Regards,
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Missed the mark"
I have stayed at many Kimpton properties and this property wasn't up to par. The executive suite we stayed in was a little weathered and the bed was not very comfortable at all. At the time of the booking I spoke with the reservation staff (2 of them) and they assured me that the pull out sleeper sofa was a thick mattress and very comfortable and that we could have a sound machine for our room on arrival. Both of these issues did not come through for us. A barking dog in the next door room was very loud and the sofa bed mattress was very thin even with a feather bed that housekeeping provided) and the springs squeaked with every little movement through the night. There were no sound machines available even though we reserved one in advance. When we informed the manager he offered us a bottle of red and white wine, a very nice gesture, but we never received them (even after calling to ask where they were... The lobby was nice, the staff were pleasant but this area of the city is declining. This is not a property we would return to.
2 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
penny
"Nice views, great staff and good central location"
Nice hotel staff. Lovely view from our room.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope to see you soon at Eventi!
5 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
paul
"good spot in midtown"
Nice hotel about 2 blocks south of macys. Hotel lobby a restaurant and bar just remodeled. Other Restaurants in process of being remodeled. Room is clean and modern, but mattress is beginning to have sink spots in it. Hotel is pet friendly.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback! We hope you visit soon to enjoy our new restaurant!
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great hotel easy to get around the city."
Great view of Empire State Building from room. Close to Time square but far enough to escape the craziness.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Great hotel! Stayed three nights; very convenient to the subway, and the bar has some interesting drink concoctions.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you soon!
3 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Highly Recommend!"
Perfect place to stay for the night. Rooms are not too small at all, almost the perfect size. Bathroom is nice marble light out and the bed is heavenly. I highly recommend.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review! I am happy you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope to see you at Eventi!
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Staycation!"
My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at Eventi. I think its the perfect midtown location, close to everything, yet far from the noise of Times Square and other Midtown tourist places. The room was clean, bathroom was really spacious and we loved the complimentary wine hour on their veranda. The morning coffee in the lobby was excellent, they use La Colombe coffee which we love. We will definitely come back!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Wine hour on the Veranda is our favorite too! We are happy to hear you will be back soon! Cheers!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Victoria
"Great sort of boutique hotel"
Great location; landmarks/attractions at walking distance (e.g., MSG, Empire State, Times Square); subway station close by; very good food; loved the 24 room service; employees were all very attentive and gracious.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the kind review. We have to agree our location is pretty perfect! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, please visit us again soon!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"U2 concert"
Great lobby & room. Expensive drinks & water Good location
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
We hoped you enjoyed the U2 concert and your short commute home after the show! Come visit us again soon!
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great location in NYC, within walk of Penn Station"
I would highly recommend Eventi, whether you want a scene or simply a clean and comfortable hotel near Penn Station and within a walk of Greenwich Village and Midtown if you like to walk. Near all subways. I especially liked the mini bar, which is missing from lesser hotels these days. It was quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room, while small, not too small like other boutique hotels. Will be back next time!!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the neighborhood has to offer within walking distance to the hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Can't go wrong with a Kimpton"
Excellent customer service, clean and spacious room and decent location. Would defn. Recommend and would defn. Stay here again.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, so thank you for recognizing our teams efforts! We will see you again soon!
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great Upscale Chelsea / Madison Square Garden Option"
The most comfortable King bed and pillows ever! Regular King room was pretty quiet (Facing back of hotel) and roomy for NY hotel room. Area has a lot of construction going on, but is convenient to a number of subway lines, and easy walking to Empire State Bldg, Madison Park, Bryant Park, Herald Square and plenty of shopping. Breakfast buffet option in the restaurant was very good and actually reasonable for a NY hotel buffet.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and enjoyed your stay in New York City! Hopefully you will come back and visit us again soon
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Theresa
"Good location, comfortable, well-run hotel"
No complaints - we liked everything about this hotel.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Happy to hear what were able to offer a perfect stay for you at Eventi! Please come back and visit us again soon!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Dan & Linda
"Another Great Kimpton Hotel!"
Great stay!!! Great hotel.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the stellar review! We may be bias but we think Kimpton's are pretty great too! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
3 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
friendly and informative staff and a location that was great for us.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the kind words, our staff truly is the best in the city!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Wonderful hotel and excellent staff. It was a perfect location for me as I was in town on business. Amazing view of the Empire State building from my room.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Nothing like waking with the Empire State Building just outside of your window! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, please come back and visit us again soon!
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Decent value with some charm"
Convenient to MSG but immediate neighborhood not so great. Lobby bar and restaurant are really nice, but rooms were less impressive. Lighting in room was cool, but it felt slightly dirty. Even the 1 bedroom suite felt cramped, too. All that said, I'd go back for the convenience, charm, and value.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm so sorry to hear that our rooms didn't meet your expectations. I would encourage you to give us another stay so we can prove how amazing we truly are!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Went for a 3 day Manhattan excursion and we loved this hotel! Great location, safe area and wonderful staff! We will definitely be back!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for choosing to spend your Manhattan excursion with us! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Come back and visit us again soon.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Matthew
"Great hotel, great location!"
We have stayed at this Hotel in the past and are always pleased. The hotel has been recently remodeled with a new bar area and larger restaurant area. Very nicely done! Our room (2 Queens) very spacious for NY standards, and exceptionally clean. Service at check in was quick and efficient.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our new bar. We recently opened our latest restaurant L'amico, so please come by and check it out!
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
GERIANN
"Review"
We booked this for our sons wedding and from the start we were mislead , we asked about construction we were assured that there wouldn't be any and there was. We were told we could have our rehearsal dinner on the 2nd fl area and turns out the entire fl was closed. We had talked to the hotel about securing blocks of rooms but when our guests called they were told no rooms available. So we bought more rooms only to find out the original blocks were not used. Then they tell you you owe thousands. All of this was settled after many phone calls. So much unnecessary aggravation! All this being said the hotel rooms are clean, the beds comfortable. The bathrooms spacious and nice. The cleaners for the rooms were wonderful. So if they could get their front desk people and management to tell the truth and be polite I would recommend it.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Mary PEGGY
"Could have been better."
The hotel was very nice, very modern and trendy. Our room was small, with just enough room to walk around the bed and not much more than that. The bathroom was quite large though and had a very nice stand up shower with glass doors and a rain shower head. The only downside to the bathroom is that, you can hear everything, so i wouldn't suggest rooming with someone you aren't comfortable with hearing your bathroom sounds! Hotel staff was ok I guess. It took 45 mins to have ice delivered to our room (you can only have ice delivered). The restaurant in the hotel served good food, but the service was less than desirable. The hostess was rude and treated us like second class citizens when we didn't have reservations and scoffed at having to find us a seat . The waiter was hardly there and seemed like he had better things to do. On the plus side, our room had a great view and the bed was very comfortable. As for other amenities, the veranda was closed which was hugely disappointing as that was one of the reasons I chose this hotel, and they were doing renovations on their other restaurant/bar so that was closed too. The hotel is pretty centrally located to popular spots like time square, empire state building, and shopping districts. Overall I was not very satisfied and paid a lot for a small room with a view.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm so sorry to hear about your poor experience in our restaurant. Unfortunately, The Vine is not managed by Kimpton and it is still new so all feedback is very helpful in order help them improve their service. I'm happy to hear that you did enjoy the room and I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove to you just how stellar we are!
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Chelsea
"Nice hotel. Excellent if you are going to MSG."
Great location. Rooms modern and clean. We were there just overnight, but would definitely go back.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Sorry to hear that it was such a short visit but just more of a reason to come back and visit us again soon! Thank you for the kind review!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"All about us!"
We had an amazing stay at this hotel… Booked it online because it looked unique, upbeat and close to Madison Square Garden! Customer service was spectacular! Christopher, concierge, really took care of us as we checked in and made us feel very special! The rooms were extremely clean and our view was spectacular! The only caveat to our stay was that if you wanted a bucket of ice you had to order it from room service! They were more than happy to bring it however! We will definitely stay here again! High regards!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Christopher truly is a Rockstar and amazing asset to our Concierge team! We look forward to welcoming you back again and providing another spectacular stay!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
SRB
"Exceptional stay at the Eventi!"
The Eventi exceeded my expectations! I read the reviews before booking and was not at all disappointed! The staff was beyond helpful. When checking in I explained that we were in NYC to celebrate 2 milestone birthdays, my cousin's 21st and my 50th! We were immediately upgraded to a corner room with a fantastic view of the Empire Stste Building for no additional charge. The large bathroom was perfect for 3 ladies to get ready before heading out on the town. I will definitely return to the Eventi!
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Happy belated Birthday and thank you for celebrating with us! So happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations, we are always looking for new ways to enhance our guest experience! Please come back and visit us again soon!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Deneen
"Extraordinary Eventi"
Wonderful restaurant with great food that will knock your socks off. Nice rooms and five-star service. Dog friendly staff. We only stay here because it gets better every year. Neighborhood is pretty dirty but accessible to up- and down-town.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Extraordinary Eventi, I like that! I think we found our new tagline! It is a pleasure welcoming you back year after year and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come! Thank you for the kind words!
5 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Jill
"Great location, Friendly staff, & Clean"
The lobby has been remodeled and is much more functional. The new restaurant options fit better with the Kimpton image. I got a very good rate so my room was quite small but I would have appreciated one sitting chair besides the desk chair. Super close to flagship Macy's and Times Square. High service levels and genuinely pleasant employees ensure I will return to this hotel.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
We are delighted to hear that you like the new lobby look as much as we do! So happy you will be back to stay with us again soon!
3 night trip Jul 10, 2015
"Awesome hotel with the friendliest staff"
We had the most perfect stay at the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere. The room was lovely with a large marble bathroom and floor to ceiling windows that gave a wonderful view of the city. The wine happy hour was served on a lovely balcony and the central location was convenient to restaurants and parks. There is also a very nice space just behind the hotel with chairs and a fountain and outdoor seating for their restaurant. We did not eat there but it looked very good. We brought our dog and when I mentioned it to the person checking us in, her response was "wonderful! Do you need a dog bed or any other arrangements?" There was no additional charge and everyone of the staff fawned over her at every opportunity. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful in everyday and that included everyone we interacted with. I would recommend this hotel and plan to be back.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Wow! What a review! Thank you so much for the kind words, this just made our day! Please come back to visit us again soon with your four legged friend!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
julie
Awesome view of Empire State Building from our room. Great location. Free water in lobby and coffee in the morning plus a free wine hour.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the review! Happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of our complimentary amenities!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
JF
"Nice hotel great location"
Nice place to stay close to Times Square and Central Park. Rooms very nice and clean
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the kind review! Please come back and visit us again soon!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Rae
My wife and I travel to New York a few times a year to shop, eat and enjoy the city. This was the first time we stayed in the Chelsea area. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get out of the hustle and bustle of Midtown.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
So glad you enjoyed the neighborhood and Eventi! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Brandon
"Great but need to fix service problems."
Front Desk Great Service Bad service at bar and restaurant..
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi Flavio, Thank you for staying with us and posting a review about your time here. I am sad to hear about your displeasure with the bar and restaurant service. I will certainly pass this onto the restaurant managers. I am glad to read that you enjoyed great service from our front desk team. We hope to have you back with us again soon. Have a great summer. Yours in service,
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Flavio
"Chic & Modern"
Loved our room! Beds were very comfortable, room was adequate size for three of us, and housekeeping was exceptional. We would have liked a bathtub but other than that it was great. Hotel is in a great location with lots to do and see nearby. I would definitely stay at the Eventi again.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
HI Mimi, Thank you for staying with us and posting a wonderful review about your time with us. Guest do love our rooms. We do have tubs in our premier suite for your next visit. We look forward to your return and again thank you and have a great summer. Regards,
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Mimi
Stayed here for a couples getaway. Great location, blocks away from herald square and Penn station. Excellent quality linens and bath products. Lobby had chilled cucmber and mint water available all day and even an iced green tea with oranges in the afternoon. We missed the wine tasting in the evening by minutes unfortunately! Room was contemporary and stylish. Room lacked a coffee maker, upon asking they said they would send one to the room but it never came! Apart from that all experiences were highly positive.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hi Rishi, Thank you for staying with us and I am happy to hear that you frequent our hotel. The cucumber and mint water is my favorite especially on a hot NYC day. Apologies about the coffee maker we do have a limited supply of them but it should have been communicated to you if we were out of them. We hope to have you back again with us soon. Safe travels and happy adventures. Yours in service,
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Rishi
"Great hotel close to many attractions"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Eventi hotel. The Hotel is located conveniently close to Times Square and the theater district, the Empire State Building, Eataly and there is a subway station nearby for further excursions. The Hotel is very nicely appointed and they have a free wine bar every day from 5-6 pm. we paid extra for a higher floor room and were not disappointed by our view of the empire state building and other local high rises.
Response by Eventi Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Traveler, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. So happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. Everyone absolutely love I high floor view rooms. We hope to have you with us again in the near future. Have a great summer. Yours in service,
Other trip Jul 5, 2015