All hotels in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America
30 N 1st Ave, Sturgeon Bay, WI, 54235, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"October 2014 Visit"
This was the first time I have stayed at the Holiday Music Hotel. I found it to be clean, reasonably priced, and the staff was friendly. My wife and I got a room with a full size bed. The room was pretty basic, just big enough for two people. The hotel and it's rooms have a retro 1950's theme which was amusing, except for in the bathroom where the 50's style of sink had no counter space to lay any toiletries or make up kits on and the fifties toilet does not have a seat that you can close and use to place things on when you are getting ready (that would be my one suggestion to the hotel, install toilet seats). The bed was comfortable and as mentioned earlier the room was clean and well kept up. There is a continental breakfast in a room that resembles an old diner. The selection was fine and the staff kept the food items filled up. The location is one street off Sturgeon Bay. There are ample restaurants and coffee shops that are within a 1 - 2 block walking distance. I would stay here again for short stays. Because of the size of the room, I might choose other accommodations for longer stays.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Joe F.
"Nice motel in Sturgeon Bay"
The motel is located very, very close to third street which is where all the shopping/restaurants can be found in Sturgeon Bay. Very comfortable rooms. Front desk staff are extremely helpful. Close to Door County Maritime Museum as well. Nice simple breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Kay
"Hit the Holiday Music Motel!!!!"
Very fun. Beautiful area. Hotel was so nice. Old fashioned furnishings that were very clean and fun. New bed, so comfortable. Will be going back again.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
loved the retro décor!
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Gina
"Close to everything"
We stayed in Sturgean Bay as the rates were quite a bit less than Egg Harbor and Fish Creek and they all wanted a minimum of 3 nights. We drove a little to get to get to Egg Harbor and Fish Creek area but it was not a problem. Enjoyed the wineries.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Loved it!"
Very handy for everything in the town. Very friendly staff and loved the retro feel.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Carolyn
"Excellent begining and end to a Door county tour."
Love the 1950s...brought back alot of wonderful memories.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2014
Bear
Furnace did not work properly, maid service was minimal, ok overall..
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover"
The exterior might seem a little dated, but the interiors were well taken care of and refreshed somewhat recently.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
A
"Nice hotel with great character."
Enjoyed the herb bagel and assortment of breakfast options. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Vintage Meh"
I guess this is about what I should have expected for the cost of the room – tiny room, slightly decrepit, soap/conditioner/shampoo from a dispenser on the wall. Nothing was so horrible, but it was altogether meh; the hip vintage vibe that i was looking forward to was overshadowed by the rundown room and furnishings.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Katherine
"Our Stay in Door County"
It was Great, very unique
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
"Friendly Staff"
The girl who checked us in was very friendly and very helpful. We could walk to restaurants and shops which was nice.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nice surprise"
Super clean, Super cute. .
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
BD
"A trip to the fifties"
A hearty recommendation especially for music and nostalgia buffs. The Thursday night open mic in the newly purchased Steel Bridge motel addition was a pleasant diversion - local artists performing their original music. No cover, just good music. Those who want Super8 or even the Sheraton may be disappointed. This is a very special place operated by investors who love authentic grass roots music and ambiance. 1950's decor very authentic, too.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"The location and theme were great"
We very much liked the theme of the motel. The staff was most friendly and very helpful. The staff was so nice as to let us move the kitchen table to another room to play cards on, how nice was that ! It was very nice.
2 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Would stay again.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Location Location Location"
Okay, we are used to roomier rooms, but..... my wife and I both said we were okay with what we needed for this stay. Which was precisely a spot to walk around to see the area. I will use the word "quaint" for this facility. Everything was very clean, and as I mentioned, it was perfect location for walking around. As previous reviews said, the tv was small, rooms petite, and breakfast area tiny. So depends on what you need for your visit I guess. All said and done, we will probably consider this motel again if decide to visit the area again for the same purpose.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Rog and Jan
"Good for dog lovers."
Great location in Sturgeon Bay. Dogs are allowed in certain rooms. what's nice is you can reserve the exact room you want on the website. Rooms are designed in retro 50's, clean and the staff are extremely nice. Very conveniently located.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
Ramona
"great location"
Location is one thing but the motel itself is awesome!!!! If you like retro (50"s style) you'll love this place. It's neat, clean, well decorated for retro and music is also one of it's themes. If you are looking for basic meet your needs fun place to stay this is it. You are also one block from downtown Sturgeon Bay and all of it's amenities.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Olson's
"Loved it!"
We really enjoyed our 2 night stay, and wish we could have stayed longer. Great room, awesome hotel with a whole lot of charm! Perfect place to chill out for awhile. Staff was great too. Very accommodating. And the neon sign out front rocks! We will definitely be back!
2 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Stacey
"Love The Decor....But Oh, The Beds!"
My husband and I liked the decor and the staff was so friendly and helpful...even took a picture of us in the music room. We really appreciated having access to morning coffee to take back to our room and we liked that the owner promoted music fests around Door County. The corridor smelled a bit musty, but there were strategically placed air fresheners to counteract this. The drawback was the bed. We stayed 2 nights and we both had backaches each morning. I convinced my husband that the beds didn't date back to the 50s, but they were much too soft for sleeping comfortably.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
MCH
"Music to Our Ears"
We had a great stay and loved the creative collaborative vibe that resonated throughout the hotel. The place is clean and comfy, but also a modern blast from the past delivered in a hip retro package. Don't miss out!
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Peggy
"A convenient surprise"
I was looking for a room at the last minute and found this one. I took the king bed option. The bed was soft but we were comfortable. The room furnishings are spartan looking but in retrospect (literally) they fit the theme of the hotel and were quite cool, especially the combo dresser desk. The place was quiet. Now, for the cons:)the air conditioner was a bit loud as was the refrigerator. We turned both off. But remember a loud air unit is not just the province of moderately priced or older hotels. I have stayed in more posh places with noisy heat/AC units. In a nutshell, I would stay here again; it is close to the downtown which is quaint if not more diminutive than the flash of Fish Creek.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Had Fun and enjoyed the location.."
I felt it was a little over priced for the quality of the hotel...
3 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Karl
"Love the retro look!!"
This place was great. Very clean and everywhere you looked something from the 50's caught your eye. The staff was very friendly and gave us tips for places to eat and things to do. We really enjoyed the whole experience.
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2014
"Loved it"
This is not a motel like you might think It's just a different experience that was very refreshing Very simple and easy , it makes you feel like your back to when life wasn't so crazy Thanks
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
John & Wendy
"Just Right"
We loved the charm of the hotel - especially the serve yourself breakfast that made everyone in the little diner area feel like part of one big family.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Emily
"Great room - such a nice place."
We arrived and were instantly impressed. The place looks just like they claim and it is so clean and well maintained. We have been to a few "historical" hotels that were not kept up - this was not the case here. The bed was very comfortable. The wifi was fantastic. We also got very good advice about places to try for dinner and things to do. The breakfast is basic - but was enough to keep us going until lunch, and the diner was a blast to eat in. We only stayed one night - but we plan on staying here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2014
The staff is friendly and helpful with clean rooms but decor of 1950's or early 1960's.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Doug
"Know going in it's a motel"
Nothing bad about this motel except maybe a bit cramped early in the cont. breakfast area. But it is a pretty cool dining area and it's open till noon so no rush. Friendly and talkative staff. Couple of blocks away from museum, lift bridge, and small town touristy Main Street. Decent enough jumping off point if you can get a reasonable price.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Perfect spot for perfect price"
Hotel is fun and funky, staff is excellent. DO NOT eat at the place across the street. Service there is horrendous and there' such better food on 3rd Ave, two blocks away.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
AKtraveller
"Perfect for Door County!"
Fun little motel with an outstanding staff! Spotless and comfy....we'll be back!!!
3 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2014
Kris
"A fun Getaway!"
My fiancé and I wanted to go to Door County camp 1 night and hotel lounge the next night….SO happy we chose the Holiday Music Motel! The girl who checked us in on Sunday evening was very nice and seemed like she was passionate about the history of the motel and it's contribution to the music community of Sturgeon Bay. The room was very comfortable!!! The price is also a lot less than other hotels in Door County!
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
Jacqueline
Very kitschy cool retro on purpose kind of place. Staff was friendly and the decor unique. Room was clean and well laid out. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Nice place for overnight stay"
My room was comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful with things like finding local eateries, etc. I liked the vintage furniture in the room ... was charming.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
Jo-Ann
"Nice and funny kitsch hotel"
The hotel was easy to find. There was friendly staff, nice and clean room, easy breakfast, good atmosphere. Very good place to use as base for visiting the beautiful Door County.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Wonderful place. Walking distance to the waterfront and town.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"WHAT A SURPRISE!!!"
This was the cleanest, homey, friendliest place we stayed in our 7 day journey. My 10 year old granddaughter loved it as well. With the 50's vibe, I was a bit worried how my family would feel when we pulled up. On arriving, my husband made me go in and "check it out". Upon leaving, he gave it a 6 out of 6 stars! the best rest we got, the best coffee, even the shower seemed to be the best.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Mary F
We were at a wedding until one am and the staff was super friendly and even offered us a late checkout till 2pm the next day!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great place, location and service"
Priced right, near everything, great staff.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"Cute little place"
Exactly what we expected. This motel was not my first choice but most places were full already as this was somewhat a last minute trip. It's a tiny little gem! It was extremely clean, cute, quaint and quiet. The bar and restaurant across the street at Stone Harbor Resort were convenient. For the price I feel this was a good choice! It's old but cute!
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Robin
"Nice change from the norm"
Staff is very friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A very nice personal touch to the stay. Probably the quietest place we have ever stayed.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Enjoyed our stay there. The location was idea for walking to restaurants and shops on Third Street as well as the harbor area and maritime museum. At first we thought the bed was too soft, but we slept fine on it, and I can't say enough about the cleanliness. Can't beat it for the price!
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
J Minter
All I can say is we absolutely loved it!
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Annette
"great place to stay"
The holiday music motel was a great place to stay. Fun 50's theme. Great atmosphere, friendly staff.
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
"Fun place to stay"
We were very satisfied with the friendly staff and patrons. We liked the retro diner and enjoyed the musical instruments in the lobby. The location was perfect for us, as we liked the many things to see there.
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
Family
"Nice Stay"
The hotel was extremely clean with a great 50's motif. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
SDR
"Great overall experience"
We were in sturgeon bay for a family reunion. There were three families staying at the holiday music hotel. We booked based on the online reviews and were not disappointed. We have stayed in 4 star hotels and have yet to find a more comfortable bed. Room was clean and service exceptional.
5 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"Good summer time price for accomodations"
Adequate service and quality. Carpet is vacummed but appears dirty --may be due to age of motel. Agents/attendants were friendly and helpful.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2014