All hotels in Arthurstown, Ireland

"Gorgeous retreat"
A lovely romantic retreat
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Wonderful country manor"
Had a lovely time in a beautiful old manor house in the Irish countryside.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2014

"A Weekend away"
Dunbrody is a quality proposition for a weekend away. The food is excellent in the hotel with an accompanying price tag but the food in The Pub is very well priced. It is definately a destination to relax as there is no coverage and wifi in most of the hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Handy stop-over before the Rosslare Ferry"
Elegant and comfortable house and very good food but the man in charge wasn't very helpful and there was no one to take payment on departure even though it wasn't that early.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Evie
"Terrible disappointment"
When entering our room a card with the wifi password was on a table. Entered the password, no connection, contacted staff to be told that wifi is not availible in all rooms.A double bed was paid for but was in reality two single beds put together with a mini mattress covering the two single mattresses. This made sleep next to impossible with the mini mattress constantly moving around the bed. At nearly €200 per night for a 2 night stay I found this totally unacceptable. We checked out after the first night without as much as a token gesture off the €400+ bill This included food from the bar menu, without drinks, that only be described as hilarious. On checking out we headed to Dublin to spend the night in the wonderfull Louis Fitzgerald hotel in Clondalkin, for 80€ for the night. We had a great nights sleep and received top class service. Once bitten, twice shy.We will not be recommending the Dunbrody country house hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Splendid stay. Situated on Ireland's wonderful Hook peninsula and close to Waterford is such an added bonus. The very best of Irish Country House experience.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Overpriced under performed!"
Was not impressed at all. The room had a number of things I had to bring to the management attention like condition of toilet seat, valance was dirty, black mould on the ceiling of the bathroom. This was billed as a 'superior room' I think not!! A family member paid for a platter of fruit to be left in our room. I had to send back the platter some of the fruit was bad! that is unforgivable!!! Management agreed but when I was booking out left a list of complaints while told management would be in touch. Nothing obviously out of sight out of mind! Food was otherwise very good. Expensive weekend but totally over priced!!
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Margaret
"Service a let down"
Beautiful hotel and location spoiled slightly by poor service, especially in the restaurant
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Very relaxing stay"
Stayed at Dunbrody for 1 night on 9/6, very tranquil location. Despite an empty reception desk on arrival, there was a very warm welcome and relaxing vibe. Dinner was good and service was very good. Came away feeling rested and relaxed. Would highly recommend for a chill-out break away.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
Cas
"Business trip"
Very pleasant stay. Cosy hotel, friendly staff. Ideal for a romantic break or quiet getaway. Breakfast is served from 8am-12. Make sure its included in your package.
2 night trip Dec 9, 2013
Amazing - love Dunbrody and will definitely be back again!
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2013
Very nice.staff great.will do it again
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
shane
"Hotel review"
We had a great time beautiful place but I would have liked a kettle in d room and the shower was not good food excellent breakfast excellent
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2013
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2013
Jay

TripAdvisor reviews for Dunbrody Country House Hotel

"You have to visit 'The Local'"
02/08/16 Sheila M County Meath, Ireland
We had a wonderfull weekend stay at Dunbrody Country House. The atmosphere is really friendly and homely. Staff could not do enough for us and we had two fabulous meals in the bar. One of the best features is 'The Local' a typical Irish old style bar on the site with a brilliant atomosphere and music. Thanks for a great weekend break and we hope to make it back soon.
"Relaxing Luxury"
02/04/16 legomasters County Dublin, Ireland
Beautiful rooms, excellent food. Very experienced staff, nothing was too much trouble. A great place to "get away from it all". Even phone coverage was poor so really had to switch off! Tasting menu and wine pairings were a great experience. Some great offers available at times online. Will be back.
"Birthday Treat/Rewarding Times offer."
02/04/16 lb_barrett Cork, Ireland
Well worth the trip from Cork City to Dunbrody House. We got a rewarding times offer for a meal for two. My better half contacted the restaurant first to let they know it was my birthday and the provided a great birthday treat. Oven-Roasted Striploin of Prime Wexford Beef is a must. 😊 Food was amazing, Service was excellent and Hotel was charming, luxurious, character filled and has a sense of history about it.
"Short Xmas Trip"
01/22/16 James C Dublin, Ireland
Stayed here 3 times now. Great country house experience. Staff fantastic. Management make a big effort to see things done right. Good atmosphere etc. Very relaxing and comfortable Food good, but I think it may have been better in past, but I suppose that can be quiet subjective. Anyway, I would highly recommend. Look forward to going again sometime.
"Post Christmas Break ...don't think we will return"
01/21/16 Tara M Drogheda, Ireland
Myself and my husband arrived at Dunbroady House on December 27th for a 2 night get away. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and were shown our bedroom which was a deluxe double which was spacious and warm, We headed to the 'local' bar which is on the grounds which is a great spot and full of character. We had some great pub grub here and enjoyed the atmosphere. Later that evening we ate dinner in the Bar in the Main House and we had a delicious dinner & the service was great.The breakfast on both mornings was delicious and eating in the main dining room was very relaxing and a lovely way to start the day. Due to the bad weather, we were a bit stuck as to what to do and found there wasn't really a space to relax in the main house as there is just the bar and a small library room. We had booked into the spa later that afternoon and although we were told to arrive 30 mins early no one acknowledged us for at least 40 mins. The spa is very basic and to be honest I wouldn't call it a spa. The relaxation room was just two sofas and the treatment rooms were standard. There was no sauna, steam room etc. Although I did enjoy the treatment, I though it could be more in alignment with the 5 star rating the House has. We ate that night in the main dining room and yes we did have a lovely meal but it didn't blow me away and I preferred the meal we had in the bar the previous evening. The staff were very helpful and happy but overall for the price we paid for our 2 night stay, I felt I have eaten better food and experienced better facilities in other 5 star hotels. Maybe the Country House is just not for me or maybe it is better visited in Spring or Summer :)
"My favorite place in Ireland, 5 Star quality all around"
01/19/16 Amy-LouiseByrne Dublin, Ireland
Dunbrody country house is a very special place. I have just come back from another fantastic and memorable experience. Every member of staff is friendly and attentive and you feel very welcome down here. The house and rooms are stunning, the rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated with an old manor house style, think Downton Abbey. Outside they have a very spacious garden you can sit out in if weather is good and they have a beautiful 'woodland walk' which only takes about 5 minutes but the view you get walking through it is truly breathtaking. A 5 minute walk will bring you to arthurstown harbour - well worth a trip down to take some beautiful pictures. Duncannon is only a 5 minute drive away and hook head about 15 mins. The location is absolutely stunning, it was 2 hours and 20 mins from Dublin and we enjoyed every second of the drive. The surroundings of dunbrody and the area around it must be seen and explored! It really makes me want to holiday in Ireland all the time, it is so beautiful. I am a huge fan of Kevin Dundon and have previously done a days cookery course in Dunbrody. The food here is the best food I have ever eaten in any hotel I've been to, including outside of Ireland. From the fry & danishes to afternoon tea and the dinner, every single element has been thought of carefully. Catherine Dundon is so friendly & down to earth, she made us feel very welcome and she has a very personal approach, the night we dined she went around to each table chatting to the customers and making sure everyone was looked after. Myself and my fiance stayed here last November and I just spent the weekend here with my mum. Both are already dying to go back and subsequently some friends have booked in since my stay last weekend. The girls in the spa are fantastic, such lovely girls who really listen. The massages are amazing! I already cannot wait to go back to Dunbrody. I'll certainly be back to try it out in the summertime :)
"Again please"
01/13/16 Pamela H Dublin, Ireland
Was upgraded to a suite, which was a lovely surprise :-) The prices in the bar were a lovely surprise compared to other high end hotel bars/ fine dining places. Breakfast till 12 another lovely touch. The quality of everything we ate and drank. The friendliness of everyone we dealt with Only one negative for me personally was the lack of tea making facilities in the room. I love regular cups of tea, especially an early morning one.
"A little Gem!!! Fabulous!!!"
01/05/16 LORIlou14 Dublin, Ireland
What a Fabulous place to stay!!! The hotel is located in a beautiful little village by the sea, called Arthurstown. It is really quaint and very well run. The Staff are so friendly and helpful. The "Local Pub"on the grounds of the hotel is a little gem of a place, with a simple menu but really good quality food ie €10 for Fish and Chips(to die for!!), burger and chips, prawns and chips, Pizza.€10 for a Pint and Vodka and Tonic.. not the usual hotel prices what more can I say? The Champagne Bar in the hotel is just as good value!! Cannot find a fault in this place..Love it! Would highly recommend.
"Dunbrody Country House. Didn't get to stay long enough!"
01/05/16 Lynn058 Michigan
Gorgeous home, fabulous food, fun and loving owners and staff. Old world charm so don't expect the standard hotel stuff thank God!! Famous, wonderful chef Kevin Dundon might actually be on site and give you a warm welcome or even a cooking class! Had the very best time with the pub staff! New mico brewery on site and darling authentic pub...Recommend the Muldoons Whiskey, sadly I can't find here in my area of the states! Love love love.
"Relaxing visit "
01/04/16 Garys1979
I recently stayed in Dunbrody House with my wife for a post Christmas break. The venue was everything we hoped for, quiet, relaxing, and homely. The staff where absolutely fantastic and came across as professional and highly trained. We ate in the restaurant and "the local" over the two nights and found the food great. On our second day we sat looking out at the stormy weather and read our books in the room next to the champagne bar. Utter relaxation. The bedroom was very warm but the bed was comfortable and ensured a good nights sleep. Both Kevin and his wife took time to talk to us during our stay and came across as genuine and down to earth. We had a wonderful time and would recommend a visit to anyone looking to relax. Great pint of Guinness in "the local" too!