All hotels in Arthurstown, Ireland

Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
"Gorgeous retreat"
A lovely romantic retreat
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Wonderful country manor"
Had a lovely time in a beautiful old manor house in the Irish countryside.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Shelter, Slumber, Satisfaction"
A beautiful part of wexford just minutes from the ferry from Waterford. very characterful and a great retreat. peaceful and a beautiful setting. one flaw was on walking around the gardens there was evident some 'dumps' of building and farming waste that should be an embarrassment to any farmer and it appeared that these belonged to the hotel grounds - this may not be the case. Staff were outstanding and helpful and even created a separate vegetarian menu for the night for us. The house could do with some investment particularly an exterior refurbishment however this did not affect the experience of the hotel from within. a great place to hide on a blustery day. my favourite part is the 'village pub' on the grounds converted from stables.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2016
Martin
"Country culinary break"
A nice place to discover and experience a big country house. Very clean, kept original at its best. Friendly hotel team
2 night family trip Mar 22, 2016
Pantelis
"A Weekend away"
Dunbrody is a quality proposition for a weekend away. The food is excellent in the hotel with an accompanying price tag but the food in The Pub is very well priced. It is definately a destination to relax as there is no coverage and wifi in most of the hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Handy stop-over before the Rosslare Ferry"
Elegant and comfortable house and very good food but the man in charge wasn't very helpful and there was no one to take payment on departure even though it wasn't that early.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Evie
"Terrible disappointment"
When entering our room a card with the wifi password was on a table. Entered the password, no connection, contacted staff to be told that wifi is not availible in all rooms.A double bed was paid for but was in reality two single beds put together with a mini mattress covering the two single mattresses. This made sleep next to impossible with the mini mattress constantly moving around the bed. At nearly €200 per night for a 2 night stay I found this totally unacceptable. We checked out after the first night without as much as a token gesture off the €400+ bill This included food from the bar menu, without drinks, that only be described as hilarious. On checking out we headed to Dublin to spend the night in the wonderfull Louis Fitzgerald hotel in Clondalkin, for 80€ for the night. We had a great nights sleep and received top class service. Once bitten, twice shy.We will not be recommending the Dunbrody country house hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Splendid stay. Situated on Ireland's wonderful Hook peninsula and close to Waterford is such an added bonus. The very best of Irish Country House experience.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Overpriced under performed!"
Was not impressed at all. The room had a number of things I had to bring to the management attention like condition of toilet seat, valance was dirty, black mould on the ceiling of the bathroom. This was billed as a 'superior room' I think not!! A family member paid for a platter of fruit to be left in our room. I had to send back the platter some of the fruit was bad! that is unforgivable!!! Management agreed but when I was booking out left a list of complaints while told management would be in touch. Nothing obviously out of sight out of mind! Food was otherwise very good. Expensive weekend but totally over priced!!
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Margaret
"Service a let down"
Beautiful hotel and location spoiled slightly by poor service, especially in the restaurant
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Very relaxing stay"
Stayed at Dunbrody for 1 night on 9/6, very tranquil location. Despite an empty reception desk on arrival, there was a very warm welcome and relaxing vibe. Dinner was good and service was very good. Came away feeling rested and relaxed. Would highly recommend for a chill-out break away.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
Cas
"Business trip"
Very pleasant stay. Cosy hotel, friendly staff. Ideal for a romantic break or quiet getaway. Breakfast is served from 8am-12. Make sure its included in your package.
2 night trip Dec 9, 2013
Amazing - love Dunbrody and will definitely be back again!
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2013
Very nice.staff great.will do it again
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
shane

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Not Provided
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Dunbrody Country House Hotel

04/25/16 Kate L Dublin, Ireland
While enjoyable, our weekend was not as good as it was expensive. For what we paid we expected 1st class service and attention and that was missing except for our welcome. Our Superior Room was lovely. Grounds, house and walks also lovely. We were ignored in the bar area when we arrived for lunch and asked 3 different people before we were approached. Food (dinner) was good but the service did not match the price being paid. This is advertised as being owned and operated by Kevin and Catherine Dundon. This is a selling point. No sign of Kevin, though we believe he was in Ireland, and Catherine did not introduce herself. I'm afraid they may be living on their reputation and this will suffer. Such a pity. We were really looking forward to being spoiled!!!
"Good stay"
04/21/16 Stuart B
It was our first time here and was not sure what to expect. Check in was pleasant and painless. Our room (suite on the first floor) was good, it had a sitting area and a large bathroom. We both had a body massage in the spa. We both enjoyed the massages. It would have been good to have a steam room or sauna to relax in. We had a pre dinner drink in the bar and then had the tasting menu at dinner. Service was excellent, attentive and friendly but not overbearing. I am not a foody but I thought the food great and varied and was completely full by the end. After dinner we headed across to the Local pub for a couple of drinks. It was good to mix the night with the laid back vibe of the house with the pub and some live music. Overall I enjoyed our stay, the chilled laid back atmosphere was very relaxing.
"Beautiful"
04/17/16 randomkryptonite Dublin, Ireland
Lovely house with very nice rooms. Beautiful bathrooms with a huge bathtub. We had lunch in the bar and the food was delicious and the service excellent. Later that night we had dinner in the main dining room, excellent food absolutely delicious, somewhat smaller portions but still satisfying. The service through out the hotel was fantastic. The gardens were lovely. The breakfast was delicious and extremely filling. A food orientated review but overall excellent place and I look forward to staying again! Cons: Poor/erratic Internet
"A little disappointing "
04/13/16 Paula G Dublin, Ireland
This was my second visit to Dunbrody and I loved it the first time but unfortunately this time was a little disappointing. I stayed in The Lodge with my daughter, sister and 2 sister-in-laws. The Lodge is very nice but simple things have been overlooked. There wasn't enough toilet paper and the kitchen, while very nice, was a bit shabby and had not been equipped with simple things like tea, coffee and milk. Dinner and breakfast in the main house were good but they weren't up to the standard of my previous visit. Lunch in the bar was, I'm afraid, mediocre. I organised this as a birthday surprise for my sister and just felt a bit let down. The whole place is looking a bit run down and neglected. I hope that with the improvement in the economy Dunbrody will be returned to its former glory. Service was at all times pleasant and helpful.
"A little disappointed"
04/06/16 michaelsheridan bray ireland
Our second visit. We had dinner. Very nice dining room. Staff were fine. The starter of scallops was obviously sitting awhile in the kitchen as they were lukewarm. We dined at 7 and the restaurant was by no means busy. Was there any excuse for this in a 4 star hotel? Our lamb was also just ok. It was cooked as desired but again was Not warm or indeed terribly tasty. The vegetables were delicious and we all thought them the highlight of the meal. Desserts were fine. Overall, and considering the value for money, I would hardly recommend this as a great dining experience. Doesn't compare well at all with Mac Neans restaurant in Cavan.
"Loved this Hotel"
03/30/16 dooly001 Newark, New Jersey
Loved this Hotel from the moment of arrival to departure. Food/Room & service top class and will return. The pub on the grounds (not in the hotel) was a pleasant surprise and great value. Hope to return soon.
"Shame about the food."
03/29/16 Hospitalier23 Manila Philippines
Spent a wonderful 4 night stay before Easter. The free upgrade to a lovely room with large bathroom was very much appreciated. Without doubt the staff were some of the friendliest and professional I have ever experienced in a hotel. The only downside for us was the main courses at dinner in the restaurant. Subjective I know, but my partner felt that the chef was a little heavy handed with the salt, while my lamb during our second dinner was almost impossible to cut through. Ironically the food in the bar was delicious by comparison. and the fish and chips was the best I have ever tasted. A big plus was the fact that breakfast (great selection of food) was available up to midday. Amazingly, Wifi was only available in the reception area, and even then it was intermittent.
"Brilliant"
03/22/16 James K
Really good stay. Friday we ate in the local pub. Really good simple food. Fish and chips etc. Saturday night we ate in the hotel and we did the taster menu. Absolutely out of this world. I highly recommend it. Will definitely go back. The service in the hotel was brilliant also. Turndown service in your room before bed. Lovely grounds to walk around.
"Lovely place"
03/15/16 186605Jacqueline Dublin, Ireland
A two night Christmas present from my husband brought us to Dunbrody on a beautiful sunny weekend where we went from Kilmore Quay back to a ferry ride over to the Waterford side and a lovely lunch in Dunmore East. It really is in such a lovely position. Dunbrody House is oldyworldy in the best way with wonderful staff, some of the best we have ever come across. Had dinner both nights and food very good. Only bad note, apart from one change in starters and mains (the roast) was getting the same dinner menu on both nights. A pity, given the credentials of the place. Otherwise, loved it.
"Lovely Place, Good Staff but Very Poor Food."
03/14/16 John F County Dublin, Ireland
Room was perfect. As seafood eaters we assumed the "Seafood Bar" would have had prawns, mussels or sole. None of it only fish and chip fare. Food selection on menu in dining room was minimal and we had to opt for tasting menu. Very poor with not a vegetable with either miniature main course. At 85.00 per head it was a rip off. Bottle of Chablis was 20.00 more expensive that elsewhere. Only for the drinks and music in the "Local" the visit would have been a disaster.