All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica

"Great resort & excellent staff!"
My husband and I went to secret at James for our 5 year anniversary. Jamaica and the resort exceeding my expectations. The food was good, the drinks were awesome, and the atmosphere was great! The staff including glen at the pool bar and Leo were on point with drinks and service. The entertainment team including Mello, Sparks, and Baby Boy were there to make sure everyone had a great time. I will definitely go back and recommend the resort!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Best vacation ever!"
This place has thought of everything and the staff is so friendly. So many choices for food, and activities. May only complaints are that the mini bar was not always restocked, the gym is small and gets really busy in the morning.
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: It is great that you loved the variety of food and activities as well as the general friendliness of staff. We do aim to provide the best and so, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Your feedback about the fitness centre and mini bar have also been noted so that improvements can be made in these areas. Thanks again for having visited our resort and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Kind regards, Christina Smith eConcierge Assistant
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Jody
"Home away from home.."
First time to Jamaica although family comes from there and I felt as if I've been there several times with how warm and hospitable they are. Welcomed with " Rum punch" and a cool towel. Eat until your stomach hurts! My girlfriend and I went to 3 restaurants in one night! The rooms are gorgeous and the view is to die for. Several restaurants and bars within the resort as well as a mini bar within your room Once at the pool bar you MUST SEE GLENN OR LEO or your trip won't be the same! The liveliest and funniest bartenders I've ever encountered Only down side is the fact that if you need to see a nurse ( which my gf needed to for a heat rash) you have to pay 30 USD before they can even suggest something for you.. Great live entertainment and private beach Overall wonderful trip and will visit very soon!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Cam
"Fun Trip"
From the minute we walked in the door our experience at Secrets St James was incredible. The staff is so friendly and wants your stay to be perfect! Our room was beautiful, food was good lots of variety, and plenty of staff to meet all your needs. Pools are beautiful and the beach was a little smaller than I thought it would be but never too crowded. All in all a fabulous get away. Would love to go back!
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Jeanne
"I have found my home away from home!"
This place is absolutely amazing! I was treated like royalty! The staff was more than accommodating and extremely attentive to my needs, and they are very happy, quite friendly, and quick to resolve situations. My room was always clean and attended to twice a day. The view was unbelievable from every location, the beach, the restaurants, the pool, my room, etc. I was never lacking in basking in beauty while I was there. The thing I loved most was that after 11 pm, everything was quiet. I was able to sleep with my balcony door open and listen to the ocean and breeze blowing through the palm trees. The most serene experience...I will go back again and again and again!
"Be Patient and it'll all turn out lovely"
The Hotel grounds are meticulous with a secluded getaway feel even though you are only about 15 minutes from the busier shopping areas. The pools were nice and made up for the fact that the beach is more like a cove with about two feet of sand. The room was spacious and comfortable. The temperature control was broken so I couldn't get the room warmer than 50 degrees. The staff was VERY friendly and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. The restaurants were lovely with tasty food. I hoped for more authentic caribbean food though so that was disappointing. Room service food left much to be desired as far as taste and arriving warm. The drinks were flowing for sure but there were not a lot of loud drunks roaming around as I was worried about with an all inclusive. My last concern was that the check in process took forever! I did not realize I needed a voucher to get on the shuttle which they informed me was because I went through Hotel.com instead of directly through the hotel. After standing in customs for almost two hours I was put off from the staff taking an hour to check me in. Half an hour was spent with them trying to sell me a VIP package as I watched the remaining sun dwindling away.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"Amazing resort & vacation!!!"
We went for our honeymoon/1 year anniversary. We loved the resort, the staff, the room & the service overall!!! The staff were absolutely TOP NOTCH!!! The food & drinks were excellent! The beaches and pools were beautiful!! We loved the span of the resort and loved taking walks around the resort, especially in the evenings and at night (absolutely beautiful and fun)!! The staff were the nicest & more helpful than anywhere we've EVER been!!! There were no biting insects around (and they usually love me so I'm pretty sure they weren't around when we were there). The beds were amazingly comfortable (even for me who only sleeps on Tempurpedic to avoid back pain from a chronic injury). The view was spectacular (even though we ended up on the 3rd floor when we had requested the 5th). The only negative thing we can say, has nothing to do with the resort itself. Some people may find this problem a plus!!! Many of the guests were quite stuck-up/snobby. Who goes on vacation to Jamaica with that attitude? The attitude began daily at dinnertime when people were fully clothed and many wearing "semi-formal wear." Many of the guests looked unhappy at night (looking past the attitude): the women looked annoyed (impossible to please), and the men looked overwhelmed by trying to please their significant others, to no avail. It was sorta sad! We tried to stay away from this crowd to make our stay pleasurable. That plan worked very well for us!!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Deb
"Wonderful place for a wedding"
We had a wonderful time. The beach is gorgeous and the pool area was beautiful. We stayed at the St james but next will try the wild orchid side. Loved the spa and the gym facilities
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
ann
the staff was very accommodating. Good selection of restaurants. And menus had a ample selection of appetizers,main course as well as deserts. The buffet in the morning for breakfast exceeded all expectations. The beaches were very clean overall a great getaway. And with adults only it was nice not to have kids running around
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice... but flawed"
Great beaches, rooms, and food. Staff was mostly well intended and helpful, with a few exceptions of indifference. Three big issues that fell far short of a good experience. For three days we were treated to loud, noisey, smelly gas powered hedge trimming equipment just a few feet from us for hours at a time. Not quite the peaceful beach experience we hoped for. The second issue was smoking. While the rooms and buildings are smoke free, nothing else is. Outside meals, beach time, and even the use of our veranda were ruined by thoughtless smokers. Designate a non-smoking beach area! And finally, they have elegant dress codes for the restaurants...all of which they ignore. We had dinner at the classiest place, sitting next to a guy in a Metallica tee shirt, camo shorts, and flip flops. And he was better dressed than his partner. And the discount coupons come at the cost of hearing a sales pitch for a vacation club.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Excellent resort!"
This was our first time to Jamaica and this resort made us feel so welcome. The staff was very friendly and so accommodating of anything you wanted. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
The hotel was amazing the food was good and the drinks. Stayed for 3 nights and the resort staff was friendly and gave us really good clubs to party at off the resort. The first night we went to pier 1, that club was fun and packed and it off the water. The shuttle from the hotel waited for us outside the clubs to make sure we made it back safely. Overall I would go back to this resort. Five stars here!!
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
yahna
"Absolutely Stunning!!"
Wonderful staff, great food, beautiful beach. My room was very clean as we're the resort grounds. I didn't get a chance to get in the pool, but the beautiful beach made up for that. The food was exquisite!!! Luxury at best!!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Joyce
"Expected more...."
We were greeted warmly by the Bellman (a really positive first impression) and then ushered to the Reception area (a small dark incense filled room) where we found ourselves waiting for someone to acknowledge us... If you enjoy a grand lobby... there is nothing of the kind at St. James or Wild Orchard. Service overall in the resort was slow...lines for every restaurant and even when we were seated we often found ourselves getting up and going to the bar ourselves rather than continue waiting. Service was also very inconsistent... some of the staff treated us royally... some treated us with indifference, some were borderline rude. If you are a beach walker... this is not your resort...the photos are misleading. It is a very small beach. On the upside... the grounds are very well kept, the spa treatments were very nice, our suite (we were oceanfront, preferred club) was clean and comfortable. The bed very comfortable at the end of the day. The entertainment at the piano bar every evening was wonderful (the absolute highlight for me at this resort) and there were lots of activities (pool table, ping pong, bocce etc) available when you need to get out of the midday sun. We had a good week but I would not go back to this resort nor would I recommend it to others.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Kate
"Logistics need improvement"
This stay was one mistake after another. Upon arrival, check in was botched due to us being placed in the wrong room. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get moved to the correct room. The room itself was much better with a great view but the shower facilities were not well planned out because water leaked onto the bathroom floor after showers. The resort was well located close to the beach but we spent a lot of time looking for any seating on the beach or by the pool. The food and drinks at the restaurant was spotty at best. Some of the restaurants were very good and others were horrible. I felt like very little thought was placed on the food being served to the guests. All told, I was very disappointed by the resort for the amount we paid. I expected much more than I received.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Ernest
"Great hotel, exceptional service"
We were a bit hesitant to go with an all inclusive as we've never stayed at one before.....Secrets St. James, Montego Bay blew us away! The grounds were gorgeous, staff friendly and accommodating and the service was amazing. We stayed in an Ocean view Junior Suite which was perfect! Our rooms were cleaned and straightened twice a day. The food choices were great.....the portions were just right, not too big which is what all restaurants should do! We never had to wait to be seated. A nice variety of activity options....can't beat the pools and ocean being 20 feet away from each other! Couldn't get over how polite and pleasant all of the staff were, our U.S. hotel and restaurant staff should take some lessons from them! Piano bar was great as well as the nightly entertainment. Lots of colorful drink choices and we never had to leave our lounge chair to get them, that is unless we wanted to go to the swim up bar! We were made to feel like we were in paradise! We would absolutely consider going to another Secrets property and highly recommend staying at the St. James/Wild Orchid in Montego Bay!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Mary Ellen
"Relaxation At Secrets St James"
Excellent Resort
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank your for posting your comment. We are very happy that you found our Resort and amenities to your satisfaction and trust that we will have the pleasure to be of service to you once again. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Cecil
"Can't wait to go back!"
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is the place to be. I truly enjoyed my stay! My room was great, the food was awesome (especially breakfast) and the beach was serene. This was my first trip to Jamaica and I can't wait to go back!
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: We so appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback. Guest satisfaction and will remain our number 1 priority and we are very happy to note that our services and amenities met with your satisfaction. We trust that we will have the pleasure of being of service to you on a future visit. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
V
"Great relaxing place for couples."
I stayed at the Secrets St. James in a preferred guest building. The extra perks with that is the icing on the cake..... By the way there are always plenty of delicious deserts in the lobby of every preferred guest building and in every restaurant on the property. The grounds are beautiful, the staff was always kind and ready to cater to your every request.
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are extremely happy that our services and offered amenities met with your satisfaction. We appreciate that we were provided with the opportunity to be of service to you and we look forward to hosting you once again. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Breezy
"Secrets, consistently awesome"
Like any other Secrets resort you stay at, this one was amazing. Excellent beach, excellent accommodations, and great food and drink. The beach at this one was awesome (as compared to Cancun, which was a little dirty and not great for swimmin). My two, very minor complaints: only one jacuzzi that closes at 8pm (for both St James and Wild Orchid) and the sales pitch when you check in (I was starving and just wanted to get to my room and some food). Our stay was amazing though!
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: We thank you for sharing your comments with us and we appreciate that we were provided with the opportunity to be of service to you during your stay with us. We are sorry that the closing time for the Jacuzzi is at 8pm, however, this is necessary to ensure that they are properly cleaned and prepared for the guest use the following day. As it relates to the UVC orientation, this will certainly be forwarded to them for their review. We are happy to note that despite the above our overall service delivery met with your satisfaction and we do look forward to hosting you on a future visit. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
I had a wonderful experience. I satyed at the hotel from 1/29-2/1 for a quick couples getaway and it was more than I imagined.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Excellent hotel on beach"
The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Staff and services were excellent !! Highly recommend Secrets. There is a lot to do there.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Not much of a beach.. Very rocky not sandy. Hotel staff tried to set us up for one of those timeshare deals.. When we didn't show they seemed upset about it.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Amazing Getaway"
Very relaxing, staff very friendly and accommodating, beautiful view, good food, clean & comfortable room, immaculate grounds and very enjoyable, would highly recommend
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Cee
"Second Trip to Secrets St. James"
This resort is beautiful. Great food, people and entertainment. My first time at St. James was in Nov of 2014 and I returned in Jan of 2015. Everything was basically the same as last time however there were a couple of things that they need to update within the room I received. I had an oceanfront view room and the view was beautiful. However the bathroom shower (around the shower door and moldings) needs to be replaced instead of putting clear sealer around it to prevent water from leaking onto the floor. There were other areas in the room on walks and moldings that just need to be restored for presentation purposes...you can't just slop sealer on everything...after awhile it looks really tacky. The customers deserve alot more than that especially after paying their hard earned money...the visuals mean everything! There were also a couple of things that I was entitled to based on my VIP booking with Expedia...like a bottle of wine and cheese tray upon arrival. I never received the bottle of wine (this trip or my last trip). When I called, they told me that I had to order it from room service ...huh??? Upon arrival means waiting for me or already there in my room. I didnt have to order the cheese tray so why do I have to order the wine?? Other than those things...it was nice.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Toya
"Awesome setting, great facilities, so-so service"
First off, the hotel and the setting were great. Can't say enough for how beautiful everything was and how well maintained it was. The service was sub-par and the food was not good at all. Was my first time doing an all-inclusive, and while I loved the convenience, the quality of the food and drink was pretty low. Couple examples: the service was a bit pushy and I could sense hostility under the surface from quite a few of the staff, probably from having to deal with many over-served guests. The room service menu was limited so I called to see if I could get some simple cut fruit, but they would not work with my request. For an all-inclusive resort, that seemed off.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Alex
"Very Nice"
It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. We were looking forward to some water sport activities but they were broken, that was the only disappointment and was not fixed during out 5 days stay. Other than that we were happy with out stay
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
mehreen
"Perfect 4 day tropical escape!!"
4 nights 4 days. Perfect. We're a young couple and we're looking for something relaxing, romantic, and tropical. He hotel was beautiful and neutral and always smelled good. When we checked in we were offered an upgraded view - we asked the concierge to show us the view in the rooms we could choose from and she did with pleasure which made us much more inclined to take the upgrade. The room was a nice room with an insane view - worth every penny for the view alone. It's jamaica, it's humid, so the whole room and all our belongings were slightly damp but we basically has the balcony door open the whole time. The resort is lengthy but nothing massive like I read in some other reviews. No matter which building you stay in you are close enough to everything - the gym the pool the restaurants the lobby. There were no kids and it was a much more peaceful environment. The food wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't 5 star. The beach was gorgeous even though small and there were plenty of activities. The hotel staff was lovely. There was almost always live music which was so much fun to listen and dance to every night. We never left the resort and never felt the need to. New Years eve dance party on the beach was awesome awesome awesome. I wish they provided airport transport. But we were more than pleased with everything else. Definitely an enjoyable vacation!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
c-money
"Welcome surprise"
The outstanding feature of this resort is the enthusiast and extremely pleasant staff. This was an extremely restful vacation. I read some negative reviews of Secrets which were totally unfounded: It is physically beautiful, the staff do not demand tips (although we gave some on our own volition for the excellent service), it is clean. My take on Secrets is that it is an all inclusive resort as opposed to a village. Club med, for example, tries to make a community. You meet a lot of people at Club Med because you are encouraged to do things together. At Secrets, you have more privacy. I am not judging either model: I like Club Med, but I really liked Secrets.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Leon
"Excellent choice"
We enjoyed our stay a lot. Staff was very friendly and committed to make our stay an exceptional experience
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Perfect resort"
This place was amazing. My only criticism would be it isn't as fun as experiencing Negril and 7mile beach which has a bit more flavor and Jamaican culture. Also, rge younger female staff were not as accommodating as the male staff. Overall we gad a wonderful time and would recommend this resort to others in the future!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
jeanie & scott
"End of year vacation"
This resort is beautiful. Had a wonderful time except for our mini fridge was leaking and not getting cold report it three times and still never got replaced. Tv dvd combo had a cd stuck in it didnt bother to report it considering the refrige didnt get replaced. Room was half cleaned some days. Staff at alott of the bars and restaurants were rude. We had a good time all in all and made the best of it. Still would return and recommend to others.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
stan
"Relaxing getaway"
This was our 2nd trip to Secrets St James and it was a great trip although the weather didn't cooperate we had a great time .Waking up and it's 7 degrees in December can you really complain but it did rain a couple of days.The hotel and the staff are amazing my only complaint would be the selection of food at the restaurants it's the same every day no changes.But you do have different ones to try so that was great.Beach area is a little small but you still get great drink service and they cook jerking chicken right there in the area and it was the highlight of lunch time .Overall we had a great time to relax and be pampered.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Great location. People are truly the best. They have over 7 restaurants. Preferred not preferred experience was a bit awkward
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Beautiful Resort"
Overall our experience was great! The food was good, drinks were awesome, the grounds were so clean and beautiful, comfortable and clean room and the staff was AMAZING! They were so friendly, always making you laugh and anything you needed it was yours! Kind of sad to see most people dont tip. That type of service was really above and beyond! Thanks to Kevin, Oneal, Hennesy, Marlando, and Godfry thats only a few to name. Cant wait to go back!
Jenna
Great staff, wonderful experience, will be back!!!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Lovely resort close to airport"
We had a terrific weekend get-away here. The resort was a 15 minute drive from the hotel, so we were ready to sit by the pool about an hour after we arrived in Montego Bay. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was quite good, and the room was clean and comfortable. I also got a fabulous massage at the spa.
Jess
"ok time"
bar tenders were by far the worst attitudes I have ever seen A big let down for a pricey trip
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"thanksgiving vacation"
I visited this hotel in spring this year that's why I deside return for Thanksgiving.Unfortunally, the weather was no good, it was rain almost all days, but we have a good time.Very good time!!!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
tamata
"Relaxing"
We had a great time and the staff are so helpful
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Fun and nice"
IT was good, the staff great! The view and location great, the amenities good. My dislikes was: not a big selection of food for room service unless you select the premium package. There premium alcohol is not so premium and the restaurants do not have AC. Its cooler outside and that's not very cool either. They offer dark beer but it's no where to be found, Tips are encouraged. I got a great deal for the trip it was under 3,000 for air(non stop) and hotel with transfers. If you have to pay more than that for 5 nights, choose another hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Kirk
"Simply Fantastic from start to finish!!!"
Seriously! This place is paradise! I stayed at the Secrets St. James Resort from 11/17/14 until 11/21/14 (Mom until Friday). I will review the following: Check In, Grounds, Hotel Room, Food and Staff. Check In: My room was not ready until 3pm however it didn't bother me at all. Upon arrival they give you a cold towel (once in the lobby) and a drink!!! The check in staff are wonderful and very professional. If your room is not ready, they will hold your bags for you so you can walk around the resort. I didn't get offered the "preferred side" because I think it was fully booked which worked perfect for me being my first time at the resort...I didnt want to start high. I wanted to experience a regular room to tell the difference. Grounds: The grounds are absolutely fantastic! They really take care of this property. There are always gardeners out trimming and making things look perfect! Everything is decorated very well with beautiful flowers and palm trees. The grounds are spotless. ..no dirt or trash anywhere! The beach is small but its PERFECT for sitting by the water to tan or swim. If you want to take long walks on the beach...they may not be the beach for you as this beach is filled with lounge chairs. Although its small...its JUST right!!! There are multiple side to the beach so there is variety. Hotel Room: Clean, spacious and you'll LOVE IT! The beds are VERY comfy!! Food: Excellent with MANY options!! Staff: PERFECT, Kind, professional and helpful!!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Toya
"ST james"
more than i expected I got great experience in JA.!!!!
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for having visited our lovely resort. I am pleased that what we had to offer exceeded your expectations and truly appreciate your review of your experience. Kind Regards, Christina Smith eConcierge Assistant
Beautiful place,excellent food,easy check in, extremely friendly staff and just an overall very pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended and will definitely go back!
Pam & Steve
We were in Jamaica to attend a wedding atTreasurer Beach and stayed at Secrets for 2 nights before heading home. After being in a more remote area of the island, Secrets was a great way to end our trip. Food was great, staff friendly, loved the spa. And my husband enjoyed a game of golf.
"Nice beach"
Great experience, will definitely be there again. Hotel staff was excellent and so was the food.
"Nice resort with all inclusive including wifi!"
Loved it all! The concierge was a bit pushy with the time share toll but overall I recommend it.
SF is for lover
"Elegant stay"
We had visited another area of Jamaica with more primitive accommodations -- this was elegant and relaxing, although we're not sure that we were able to get the full value of the cost we paid. While we were there, the sea was rather high (red flag -- no swimming or boating), so that was unavailable. We found the restaurants pleasant and service excellent; the food was a bit "mass production", but elegantly presented. All staff and facilities were pleasant and accommodating. I had a spa massage while there; the cost was quite high, but the experience very professional.
"Large resort, good restaraunts."
We stayed six days, nice break, very relaxing. Hung out by the pool. Did some sailing.
Russ
"Overall, I would not stay at Secrets again."
There is nothing too bad to say about this resort. For the most part everyone is friendly and the food/drinks were nice. This is however not a luxury resort, it is a party resort. They push the drinks and push the drinks and push the drinks. If you are a young couple fresh out of college, I think this is an excellent choice, but based on the website and some of the reading we had done, we were not expecting Cancun in Jamaica. The other reason I give the rating merely a three is that the front desk staff sucked. Maids, Servers, Gardeners, etc., all other staff was really very good, but the concierges and the front desk staff were NOT helpful at all, they were not knowledgeable and really felt disingenuous/'fake nice' the entire stay. From transportation requests to helping to book excursions to the interactions we had when we first walked in...it was not good across the board. This was very disappointing. I would not stay at Secrets again.
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014