All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereLot 59A Freeport, Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fun Trip"
From the minute we walked in the door our experience at Secrets St James was incredible. The staff is so friendly and wants your stay to be perfect! Our room was beautiful, food was good lots of variety, and plenty of staff to meet all your needs. Pools are beautiful and the beach was a little smaller than I thought it would be but never too crowded. All in all a fabulous get away. Would love to go back!
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Jeanne
"Be Patient and it'll all turn out lovely"
The Hotel grounds are meticulous with a secluded getaway feel even though you are only about 15 minutes from the busier shopping areas. The pools were nice and made up for the fact that the beach is more like a cove with about two feet of sand. The room was spacious and comfortable. The temperature control was broken so I couldn't get the room warmer than 50 degrees. The staff was VERY friendly and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. The restaurants were lovely with tasty food. I hoped for more authentic caribbean food though so that was disappointing. Room service food left much to be desired as far as taste and arriving warm. The drinks were flowing for sure but there were not a lot of loud drunks roaming around as I was worried about with an all inclusive. My last concern was that the check in process took forever! I did not realize I needed a voucher to get on the shuttle which they informed me was because I went through Hotel.com instead of directly through the hotel. After standing in customs for almost two hours I was put off from the staff taking an hour to check me in. Half an hour was spent with them trying to sell me a VIP package as I watched the remaining sun dwindling away.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2015
the staff was very accommodating. Good selection of restaurants. And menus had a ample selection of appetizers,main course as well as deserts. The buffet in the morning for breakfast exceeded all expectations. The beaches were very clean overall a great getaway. And with adults only it was nice not to have kids running around
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Logistics need improvement"
This stay was one mistake after another. Upon arrival, check in was botched due to us being placed in the wrong room. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get moved to the correct room. The room itself was much better with a great view but the shower facilities were not well planned out because water leaked onto the bathroom floor after showers. The resort was well located close to the beach but we spent a lot of time looking for any seating on the beach or by the pool. The food and drinks at the restaurant was spotty at best. Some of the restaurants were very good and others were horrible. I felt like very little thought was placed on the food being served to the guests. All told, I was very disappointed by the resort for the amount we paid. I expected much more than I received.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Ernest
"Great hotel, exceptional service"
We were a bit hesitant to go with an all inclusive as we've never stayed at one before.....Secrets St. James, Montego Bay blew us away! The grounds were gorgeous, staff friendly and accommodating and the service was amazing. We stayed in an Ocean view Junior Suite which was perfect! Our rooms were cleaned and straightened twice a day. The food choices were great.....the portions were just right, not too big which is what all restaurants should do! We never had to wait to be seated. A nice variety of activity options....can't beat the pools and ocean being 20 feet away from each other! Couldn't get over how polite and pleasant all of the staff were, our U.S. hotel and restaurant staff should take some lessons from them! Piano bar was great as well as the nightly entertainment. Lots of colorful drink choices and we never had to leave our lounge chair to get them, that is unless we wanted to go to the swim up bar! We were made to feel like we were in paradise! We would absolutely consider going to another Secrets property and highly recommend staying at the St. James/Wild Orchid in Montego Bay!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Mary Ellen
"Relaxation At Secrets St James"
Excellent Resort
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank your for posting your comment. We are very happy that you found our Resort and amenities to your satisfaction and trust that we will have the pleasure to be of service to you once again. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Cecil
"Can't wait to go back!"
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is the place to be. I truly enjoyed my stay! My room was great, the food was awesome (especially breakfast) and the beach was serene. This was my first trip to Jamaica and I can't wait to go back!
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: We so appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback. Guest satisfaction and will remain our number 1 priority and we are very happy to note that our services and amenities met with your satisfaction. We trust that we will have the pleasure of being of service to you on a future visit. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
V
"Great relaxing place for couples."
I stayed at the Secrets St. James in a preferred guest building. The extra perks with that is the icing on the cake..... By the way there are always plenty of delicious deserts in the lobby of every preferred guest building and in every restaurant on the property. The grounds are beautiful, the staff was always kind and ready to cater to your every request.
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are extremely happy that our services and offered amenities met with your satisfaction. We appreciate that we were provided with the opportunity to be of service to you and we look forward to hosting you once again. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Breezy
"Secrets, consistently awesome"
Like any other Secrets resort you stay at, this one was amazing. Excellent beach, excellent accommodations, and great food and drink. The beach at this one was awesome (as compared to Cancun, which was a little dirty and not great for swimmin). My two, very minor complaints: only one jacuzzi that closes at 8pm (for both St James and Wild Orchid) and the sales pitch when you check in (I was starving and just wanted to get to my room and some food). Our stay was amazing though!
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: We thank you for sharing your comments with us and we appreciate that we were provided with the opportunity to be of service to you during your stay with us. We are sorry that the closing time for the Jacuzzi is at 8pm, however, this is necessary to ensure that they are properly cleaned and prepared for the guest use the following day. As it relates to the UVC orientation, this will certainly be forwarded to them for their review. We are happy to note that despite the above our overall service delivery met with your satisfaction and we do look forward to hosting you on a future visit. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
I had a wonderful experience. I satyed at the hotel from 1/29-2/1 for a quick couples getaway and it was more than I imagined.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Excellent hotel on beach"
The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Staff and services were excellent !! Highly recommend Secrets. There is a lot to do there.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Not much of a beach.. Very rocky not sandy. Hotel staff tried to set us up for one of those timeshare deals.. When we didn't show they seemed upset about it.
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent visit to our resort. It is a regret that your experience was not an excellent one and of course, our team will continue to make changes to improve. Please note also that your comment regarding the Unlimited Vacation Club has been forwarded to the Manager, so that staff training can be geared toward addressing their overall attitude toward all guests. Kind Regards, Christina Smith eConcierge Assistant
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Amazing Getaway"
Very relaxing, staff very friendly and accommodating, beautiful view, good food, clean & comfortable room, immaculate grounds and very enjoyable, would highly recommend
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Cee
"Second Trip to Secrets St. James"
This resort is beautiful. Great food, people and entertainment. My first time at St. James was in Nov of 2014 and I returned in Jan of 2015. Everything was basically the same as last time however there were a couple of things that they need to update within the room I received. I had an oceanfront view room and the view was beautiful. However the bathroom shower (around the shower door and moldings) needs to be replaced instead of putting clear sealer around it to prevent water from leaking onto the floor. There were other areas in the room on walks and moldings that just need to be restored for presentation purposes...you can't just slop sealer on everything...after awhile it looks really tacky. The customers deserve alot more than that especially after paying their hard earned money...the visuals mean everything! There were also a couple of things that I was entitled to based on my VIP booking with Expedia...like a bottle of wine and cheese tray upon arrival. I never received the bottle of wine (this trip or my last trip). When I called, they told me that I had to order it from room service ...huh??? Upon arrival means waiting for me or already there in my room. I didnt have to order the cheese tray so why do I have to order the wine?? Other than those things...it was nice.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Toya
"Awesome setting, great facilities, so-so service"
First off, the hotel and the setting were great. Can't say enough for how beautiful everything was and how well maintained it was. The service was sub-par and the food was not good at all. Was my first time doing an all-inclusive, and while I loved the convenience, the quality of the food and drink was pretty low. Couple examples: the service was a bit pushy and I could sense hostility under the surface from quite a few of the staff, probably from having to deal with many over-served guests. The room service menu was limited so I called to see if I could get some simple cut fruit, but they would not work with my request. For an all-inclusive resort, that seemed off.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Alex
"Very Nice"
It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. We were looking forward to some water sport activities but they were broken, that was the only disappointment and was not fixed during out 5 days stay. Other than that we were happy with out stay
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
mehreen
"Perfect 4 day tropical escape!!"
4 nights 4 days. Perfect. We're a young couple and we're looking for something relaxing, romantic, and tropical. He hotel was beautiful and neutral and always smelled good. When we checked in we were offered an upgraded view - we asked the concierge to show us the view in the rooms we could choose from and she did with pleasure which made us much more inclined to take the upgrade. The room was a nice room with an insane view - worth every penny for the view alone. It's jamaica, it's humid, so the whole room and all our belongings were slightly damp but we basically has the balcony door open the whole time. The resort is lengthy but nothing massive like I read in some other reviews. No matter which building you stay in you are close enough to everything - the gym the pool the restaurants the lobby. There were no kids and it was a much more peaceful environment. The food wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't 5 star. The beach was gorgeous even though small and there were plenty of activities. The hotel staff was lovely. There was almost always live music which was so much fun to listen and dance to every night. We never left the resort and never felt the need to. New Years eve dance party on the beach was awesome awesome awesome. I wish they provided airport transport. But we were more than pleased with everything else. Definitely an enjoyable vacation!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
c-money
"Welcome surprise"
The outstanding feature of this resort is the enthusiast and extremely pleasant staff. This was an extremely restful vacation. I read some negative reviews of Secrets which were totally unfounded: It is physically beautiful, the staff do not demand tips (although we gave some on our own volition for the excellent service), it is clean. My take on Secrets is that it is an all inclusive resort as opposed to a village. Club med, for example, tries to make a community. You meet a lot of people at Club Med because you are encouraged to do things together. At Secrets, you have more privacy. I am not judging either model: I like Club Med, but I really liked Secrets.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Leon
"Excellent choice"
We enjoyed our stay a lot. Staff was very friendly and committed to make our stay an exceptional experience
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Perfect resort"
This place was amazing. My only criticism would be it isn't as fun as experiencing Negril and 7mile beach which has a bit more flavor and Jamaican culture. Also, rge younger female staff were not as accommodating as the male staff. Overall we gad a wonderful time and would recommend this resort to others in the future!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
jeanie & scott
"End of year vacation"
This resort is beautiful. Had a wonderful time except for our mini fridge was leaking and not getting cold report it three times and still never got replaced. Tv dvd combo had a cd stuck in it didnt bother to report it considering the refrige didnt get replaced. Room was half cleaned some days. Staff at alott of the bars and restaurants were rude. We had a good time all in all and made the best of it. Still would return and recommend to others.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
stan
"Relaxing getaway"
This was our 2nd trip to Secrets St James and it was a great trip although the weather didn't cooperate we had a great time .Waking up and it's 7 degrees in December can you really complain but it did rain a couple of days.The hotel and the staff are amazing my only complaint would be the selection of food at the restaurants it's the same every day no changes.But you do have different ones to try so that was great.Beach area is a little small but you still get great drink service and they cook jerking chicken right there in the area and it was the highlight of lunch time .Overall we had a great time to relax and be pampered.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Great location. People are truly the best. They have over 7 restaurants. Preferred not preferred experience was a bit awkward
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Beautiful Resort"
Overall our experience was great! The food was good, drinks were awesome, the grounds were so clean and beautiful, comfortable and clean room and the staff was AMAZING! They were so friendly, always making you laugh and anything you needed it was yours! Kind of sad to see most people dont tip. That type of service was really above and beyond! Thanks to Kevin, Oneal, Hennesy, Marlando, and Godfry thats only a few to name. Cant wait to go back!
Jenna
Great staff, wonderful experience, will be back!!!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Lovely resort close to airport"
We had a terrific weekend get-away here. The resort was a 15 minute drive from the hotel, so we were ready to sit by the pool about an hour after we arrived in Montego Bay. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was quite good, and the room was clean and comfortable. I also got a fabulous massage at the spa.
Jess
"ok time"
bar tenders were by far the worst attitudes I have ever seen A big let down for a pricey trip
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"thanksgiving vacation"
I visited this hotel in spring this year that's why I deside return for Thanksgiving.Unfortunally, the weather was no good, it was rain almost all days, but we have a good time.Very good time!!!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
tamata
"Relaxing"
We had a great time and the staff are so helpful
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Fun and nice"
IT was good, the staff great! The view and location great, the amenities good. My dislikes was: not a big selection of food for room service unless you select the premium package. There premium alcohol is not so premium and the restaurants do not have AC. Its cooler outside and that's not very cool either. They offer dark beer but it's no where to be found, Tips are encouraged. I got a great deal for the trip it was under 3,000 for air(non stop) and hotel with transfers. If you have to pay more than that for 5 nights, choose another hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Kirk
"Simply Fantastic from start to finish!!!"
Seriously! This place is paradise! I stayed at the Secrets St. James Resort from 11/17/14 until 11/21/14 (Mom until Friday). I will review the following: Check In, Grounds, Hotel Room, Food and Staff. Check In: My room was not ready until 3pm however it didn't bother me at all. Upon arrival they give you a cold towel (once in the lobby) and a drink!!! The check in staff are wonderful and very professional. If your room is not ready, they will hold your bags for you so you can walk around the resort. I didn't get offered the "preferred side" because I think it was fully booked which worked perfect for me being my first time at the resort...I didnt want to start high. I wanted to experience a regular room to tell the difference. Grounds: The grounds are absolutely fantastic! They really take care of this property. There are always gardeners out trimming and making things look perfect! Everything is decorated very well with beautiful flowers and palm trees. The grounds are spotless. ..no dirt or trash anywhere! The beach is small but its PERFECT for sitting by the water to tan or swim. If you want to take long walks on the beach...they may not be the beach for you as this beach is filled with lounge chairs. Although its small...its JUST right!!! There are multiple side to the beach so there is variety. Hotel Room: Clean, spacious and you'll LOVE IT! The beds are VERY comfy!! Food: Excellent with MANY options!! Staff: PERFECT, Kind, professional and helpful!!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Toya
"ST james"
more than i expected I got great experience in JA.!!!!
Beautiful place,excellent food,easy check in, extremely friendly staff and just an overall very pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended and will definitely go back!
Pam & Steve
We were in Jamaica to attend a wedding atTreasurer Beach and stayed at Secrets for 2 nights before heading home. After being in a more remote area of the island, Secrets was a great way to end our trip. Food was great, staff friendly, loved the spa. And my husband enjoyed a game of golf.
"Nice beach"
Great experience, will definitely be there again. Hotel staff was excellent and so was the food.
"Nice resort with all inclusive including wifi!"
Loved it all! The concierge was a bit pushy with the time share toll but overall I recommend it.
SF is for lover
"Elegant stay"
We had visited another area of Jamaica with more primitive accommodations -- this was elegant and relaxing, although we're not sure that we were able to get the full value of the cost we paid. While we were there, the sea was rather high (red flag -- no swimming or boating), so that was unavailable. We found the restaurants pleasant and service excellent; the food was a bit "mass production", but elegantly presented. All staff and facilities were pleasant and accommodating. I had a spa massage while there; the cost was quite high, but the experience very professional.
"Large resort, good restaraunts."
We stayed six days, nice break, very relaxing. Hung out by the pool. Did some sailing.
Russ
"Overall, I would not stay at Secrets again."
There is nothing too bad to say about this resort. For the most part everyone is friendly and the food/drinks were nice. This is however not a luxury resort, it is a party resort. They push the drinks and push the drinks and push the drinks. If you are a young couple fresh out of college, I think this is an excellent choice, but based on the website and some of the reading we had done, we were not expecting Cancun in Jamaica. The other reason I give the rating merely a three is that the front desk staff sucked. Maids, Servers, Gardeners, etc., all other staff was really very good, but the concierges and the front desk staff were NOT helpful at all, they were not knowledgeable and really felt disingenuous/'fake nice' the entire stay. From transportation requests to helping to book excursions to the interactions we had when we first walked in...it was not good across the board. This was very disappointing. I would not stay at Secrets again.
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Martin
"Beautiful and relaxing getaway"
My husband and I just came back from secrets resort and spa. It was a great trip. Fun and relaxing.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
The resort was amazing. The fact that it was right along the bay is what really made our trip relaxing and beautiful. The scenes of the bay area were incredible during the day and at night. Every hotel staff member was very nice and helpful. We had no bad encounters. The dining selection was great as well. The entertainment changed everyday and we enjoyed it all. This resort allowed us to have a day of quiet relaxation, or partying and entertainment all day. It was a very good blend.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Beautiful all-inclusive resort"
The resort was amazing. We had to wait a bit to check in due to arriving early so the staff showed us to a restaurant where we had lunch, enjoyed the view, and waited for our room. The room had a honeymoon sign on the door and small surprises throughout (flowers, cheese tray, heart sign...). The property was well kept with beautiful landscape and beach front. The dinning places were excellent with great staff, good variety, and romantic dinner settings. We never left the resort during our stay..... I would definitely vacation at a Secrets resort again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great service and hotel"
I have stayed at the resort 5 times and the service and resort have always been excellent. The rooms are big, modern and always clean. The food is good at all the restaurants and buffets are good as well..the beach and pools are always in great condition...The staff is always friendly and provide great service..i have stayed in several other resorts in Jamaica and secrets blew them all away...I would highly recommend.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
perry
My husband and I got married at this resort last year and returned for our first anniversary this October 2014. We were not disappointed. The beach is great, food is delish and drinks are flowing.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Not the best Secrets Hotel"
1. Had stayed in Secrets Silversands last yr & was wowed so had high expectations 2. On arrival, reception area very crowded, not greeted or given drink as expected 3. Booked ocean view room, given ground floor room with not even a glimpse of the sea. Called reception several times with no one calling me back. After much hassle, following up, disinterest (on their part) and annoyance (on ours) our room was changed on the second day. Replacement room had a really great view. 4. Layout of the hotel isn't great, we were a long walk from the restaurant area etc. 5. Restaurants: Himitsu had no AC, we were so uncomfortable througout the meal & couldn't wait to get out of there, service was good, food was average (at Silversands this restaurant had been amazing). Bordeaux had a 45min wait & when we were seated the restaurant was half empty - a lot of annoyed couples leading to a bad atmosphere there & service was so slow. Food was good. El Patio was all round a good restaurant, service ok. Desserts awful. Seaside Grill - food not good. Barefoot Grill was really good and a handy spot.Breakfast buffet lacked the variety of Silversands. 6. Preferred Club areas had hammocks & nice chairs etc which made me feel like a 2nd class citizen - not really what I'm after when I've booked into a 5* luxury resort!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Very relaxing stay!!"
It was our honeymoon and they treated us great. It was a very relaxing and comfortable place to stay. Our only complaint was the breakfast buffet was not the greatest and only one location for breakfast. Everything else was great.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Tony
"Great hotel for couples, never had to leave"
It was an inviting, quiet, romantic environment. The restaurants were easily accessible and we never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. The food was ok. The best restaurant we went to was the bordeaux. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
bride and groom
"Great exept..."
I have stayed at a few all inclusive resorts in the past. Couples is by far my favorite and I would rate secrets as being my least favorite so far. This is only because even though it is an all inclusive tips are widely expected.they also try to bully you into a 90 minute sales presentation for a timeshare. After refusing several times to do the 90 minute presentation we finally gave it a go. It ended up taking a little over two hours worth of our day. They kept calling it everything except a timeshare which is exactly what it was. The sales pressure was not to unbearably high but it was high enough that made it uncomfortable. I will say that the staff is very friendly and very personable.The snorkeling where as it is all-inclusive is difficult to get a trip out. They will only lend the snorkeling gear three times per day at 9,10, and 2. And the trips are almost always full. I could understand this if it was a boat trip but you are merely swimming out about 50 feet to the reef. If you bring your own gear you can go anytime. They have snorkeling gear available at the gift shop For a very premium price. Also as with most resorts everything on resort is very expensive. They have a tie-dying class but you have to buy the shirt from them if you do not have one with you so they charge you $15 per plain white T-shirt. My suggestion would also be to bring your own T-shirts or tank tops to tie-dye them.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
adam
Great Location, Great Restaurants, Great Service, but the room could use some updating
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Secrets has left not one stone unturned!!!"
Excellent experience at Secrets in Jamaica and we have been to Tahiti which trumps all experiences on Earth! Staff like no other place. Kind people and extremely accommodating. The food is exquisite and the facilities are new. Beaches are spectacular and not crowded. Pools are perfect. Bars everywhere! Too many dining options. Excellent experience!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014