All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Great pool
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
"Great resort with fun amenities"
The hotel was excellent, with great pools and beaches. You don't have to leave the resort to have an amazing time. Included with the hotel, we went on guided snorkeling trips and kayaked. At most restaurants the food was good but not great, however, at the French and Asian restaurants, the food was very good. Overall, a really great all-inclusive resort for a fun and relaxing trip.
5 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Best Anniversary Trip"
We went here for our one year anniversary trip and couldn't be more pleased. We went to a different Secrets for our honeymoon and had such a great time we stuck with it for our one year. Secrets is hands down the best all inclusive resort for adults. The food is great, the staff is so friendly and there's so much to do. We loved our week in Jamaica! My husband fell in love with the Jerk chicken they had every day around the resort! We also went to the Spa and it was lovely. Our massages were very good and not over priced. We were treated very good the entire trip. If you need anything at all, you just call someone and it's right there for you. Also, the room service food is always really good! We can't say enough good things about Secrets! We will definitely be going to another next year!
Other trip Nov 12, 2015
"Perfect spot in Jamaica!"
The staff at the hotel was exceptional. Natalia and Stringbean made me feel at ease. The hotel room exceeded my expectation. This is one of te nicest all inclusive resorts I have seen.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Great all inclusive resort"
My wife and I went to SSJ for our honeymoon. They did have nice honeymoon perks including a bottle of champagne as well as a cheese plate. We stayed in a Ocean view Junior Suite which was a good value, was very comfortable, and served our purpose well. Our room was on the ground floor and what we sacrificed in view was more than made up by the convince of being just steps away from beach and pools without having to use the elevators. The housekeeping staff was top notch. We have nothing but good things to say about all the personnel from restaurant, bar staff, dinning staff and on and on. We did feel like they were a little slow seating you at dinner even when tables were available. We ate at the French, Italian, Jamaican, and seafood grills. All were very good. The only negatives were October weather was only ok (offset by price) and mosquitoes (take bug spray). We are likely to visit this and others Secrets Resorts in the future.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Dan and Angie
"Everyone was courteous"
I like the fact that the entire staff, from the grounds keeper to management, made sure they acknowledged your presence and asked if you needed anything. The food was fabulous and the activities at the resort were well organized.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Mack
"Perfect honeymoon"
We couldn't have picked a better resort to spend our honeymoon together. The service was phenomenal. The property was breath taking. Not one meal disappointed us, and the rooms were super cozy. We will definitely return back to Secrets Montego Bay!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Amazing place, staff, facilities - top notch"
Great staff, friendly efficient, food in restaurants to notch. Beautiful, modern fun and extremely comfortable- plush amenities!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Not good food bad"
Pool stayed dirty all day everyday. I have been to alot of islands and secrets worse resort yet. Met a couple who stayed at a secrets on Punta cana was bad there also. I gave been to Punta cana in another resort awsome stay. Back to secrets in jamaica Food was bad . I sure did not over eat. Turn down and clean towels did not happen daily or restocking fridge. Dirty blanket and robe in room. Dirty silverware under couch when we arrived. Safe did not work. Maintenance turned batteries instead of replacing them. I installed my own. Based on American food and American food.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
genie
"Great service. Few steps away to beautiful beach."
Beautiful place and excellent food choices. Would go back again.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
A
"amazing resort!"
Excellent hotel, great restaurants, amazing beach. We will be back again and again. Many restaurants. Great evening entertainment. Wonderful vacation. Beautiful weather in August
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Needs more emtertaiment"
The staff is amazing.. Very friendly. If there was more DJ entertainment during the day and nightlife. You wouldn't have to spend 100s of dollars leaving the resort in order to be entertained
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Great hotel, beautiful location and staff are great! Would defiantly recommend.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Stephen
"Paradise"
Beautiful resort. They have the nicest staff and the food is excellant, my favorite is the Mexican restaurant. Rooms are great and they keep the mini bar stocked! Beach is beautiful and they have tons of activities. The pool with the swim up bar is my favorite. I will definitely go back to this resort!
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Lindsay
"Awesome resort"
This place is awesome! The staff is super friendly and welcoming, the food was amazing, and the entire experience was perfect. To show how great the place was the only "improvements" they need is the minibar in the room needs to be colder, and there's a lot of spelling errors in the book of information in the rooms. Seriously, everything else was perfect.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great for a romantic getaway!"
This hotel is well located, with a nice beach front and great facilities. The staff is friendly and attentive. Great SPA, although a little expensive.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Gerard
"Vacation in Jamaica"
We visited the Secrets St James for a 4 night stay. The hotel was very nice. They had a lot of things to do around the hotel. The food was not that good as compared to other 4 and 5 star hotels we stayed in. Also, one day the room was not cleaned well and the floors were not swept. All other nights it was cleaned. I would recommend the hotel but I will probably try another hotel when we return,
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Alia
"Great staff!"
Great service and very friendly. Especially Erica, Mark, Leo, and Garfield! would definately recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Well worth the stay great staff. The beaches are amazing.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Goof place."
Some staff members were rude, and the entire staff wanting a tip every five minutes started to get annoying after a few days.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
joey
"Paradise"
I stay for only one night in a trip bussness it was a perfect place, my nest vacation I be there
Other trip May 30, 2015
corporate pilot
"Mixed feelings"
There a many many all inclusive resorts in Montego Bay. We selected this one based on the beach, number of restaurants and the rooms. We had some good experiences and some bad. The resort is in good shape and very clean. The restaurants all had great food for dinner including the jerk chicken cart (still missing it). The seating process for breakfast and lunch was chaotic. There are plenty of tables but you still have to wait about 10 minutes in line to be seated. Did have some issues: 1.) ROOM - The clock time would reset every time we left the room. The shower was dark and the shower head needed to be cleaned and better water pressure would be nice. The beds were way to soft, we would sink slowly into the middle every night. We order pillows from the pillow menu but it took 2 days to receive them. We only tried room service one and it was a total fail. After waiting an hour we called and they said sorry we are out of what you ordered. 2.) STAFF - They were very friendly but unlike some resorts where tipping in not allowed, Secrets does allow it and it seems expected. Most of the time we were at the beach or pool all we took was our room key and it just so happened that we had to get our own drinks from the bar instead of a server taking our order. They would just skip by some people and take orders from others. 3.) RESORT - Had everything you would need. All kinds of food and drinks. Top shelf liquor runs out quick so get it when you can. Visit the soft service machine
Other trip May 29, 2015
Bish
"Wonderful Resort"
This was one of the best resorts we have been too. My husband and I go on two resort trips per year and we are up to 21 resorts in the Caribbean/Mexico. This resort was definitely in our top 3 trips ever. We stayed on the St. James side of the resort. It is connected to the Wild Orchid but I am not sure of the difference. The two resorts shared beaches, pools, restaurants, spa, therefore I wouldn’t think it makes a difference which one you pick. The grounds were beautiful with tons of flowers. The pools were great, as was the hot tub. The beaches were beautiful. We never had an issue finding a place to lay out. The water was very clear and you could see your toes even when the water was up to your head. The food was outstanding! All the dinner choices were a la carte restaurants and very romantic. The breakfast buffet was fabulous, and the lunch choices at the poolside restaurants were delicious. The employees were wonderful and friendly. We were very impressed with the service. We overhead someone comment that the service was slow, but that did not bother us because everyone was so friendly and welcoming. The cultural pace in Jamaica is not as fast as Mexico, so there is a more laid back atmosphere. There had to have been more service people per guest because there was always someone to ask anytime you needed something.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Jess
"Nice room, very slow bar service"
Had a great time. Small intimate beach, friendly staff, beautiful and clean room.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Lyn
"Hotel staff was great."
Our vacation experience was amazing!!! Will definitely return.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Reggie
"Hopped from patio to beach"
Truly magnificent and wonderful!!! I am still daydreaming about my paradisic trip. You just can't beat the hospitality that Jamaicans bring. Isn't Jamaica known as one of the top 5 destined nations to visit because of the people, the culture, the hospitality and their service? I have no doubts about this statement after my visit.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Ms. G
"Take me back to Secrets St. James in Montego Bay"
This is the first time I have been to Jamaica...and the property was magnificent....the grounds and greenery were so well taken care of AND THE STAFF WAS UNBELIEVABLE ...THEY COULD NOT DO ENOUGH FOR ME AND I DO PLAN ON GOING BACK....my only problem is that guests use the excuse that it is "all inclusive" and do not tip the staff...which makes me very unhappy...these people work hard and deserve tips...I find the people that demand the most are the ones that do not tip. I will only book through Expedia since they give me the best service and there is never a problem with flights, room, etc. I am a senior and take these trips on my own so the kindness of the staff is always important...my room was magnificent and I loved the Jacuzzi in my bathroom...can't wait to see all the wonderful people again at the end of the year
Other trip May 6, 2015
tONSTER
"Great resort & excellent staff!"
My husband and I went to secret at James for our 5 year anniversary. Jamaica and the resort exceeding my expectations. The food was good, the drinks were awesome, and the atmosphere was great! The staff including glen at the pool bar and Leo were on point with drinks and service. The entertainment team including Mello, Sparks, and Baby Boy were there to make sure everyone had a great time. I will definitely go back and recommend the resort!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Best vacation ever!"
This place has thought of everything and the staff is so friendly. So many choices for food, and activities. May only complaints are that the mini bar was not always restocked, the gym is small and gets really busy in the morning.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Jody
"Home away from home.."
First time to Jamaica although family comes from there and I felt as if I've been there several times with how warm and hospitable they are. Welcomed with " Rum punch" and a cool towel. Eat until your stomach hurts! My girlfriend and I went to 3 restaurants in one night! The rooms are gorgeous and the view is to die for. Several restaurants and bars within the resort as well as a mini bar within your room Once at the pool bar you MUST SEE GLENN OR LEO or your trip won't be the same! The liveliest and funniest bartenders I've ever encountered Only down side is the fact that if you need to see a nurse ( which my gf needed to for a heat rash) you have to pay 30 USD before they can even suggest something for you.. Great live entertainment and private beach Overall wonderful trip and will visit very soon!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Cam
"Fun Trip"
From the minute we walked in the door our experience at Secrets St James was incredible. The staff is so friendly and wants your stay to be perfect! Our room was beautiful, food was good lots of variety, and plenty of staff to meet all your needs. Pools are beautiful and the beach was a little smaller than I thought it would be but never too crowded. All in all a fabulous get away. Would love to go back!
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Jeanne
"I have found my home away from home!"
This place is absolutely amazing! I was treated like royalty! The staff was more than accommodating and extremely attentive to my needs, and they are very happy, quite friendly, and quick to resolve situations. My room was always clean and attended to twice a day. The view was unbelievable from every location, the beach, the restaurants, the pool, my room, etc. I was never lacking in basking in beauty while I was there. The thing I loved most was that after 11 pm, everything was quiet. I was able to sleep with my balcony door open and listen to the ocean and breeze blowing through the palm trees. The most serene experience...I will go back again and again and again!
"Be Patient and it'll all turn out lovely"
The Hotel grounds are meticulous with a secluded getaway feel even though you are only about 15 minutes from the busier shopping areas. The pools were nice and made up for the fact that the beach is more like a cove with about two feet of sand. The room was spacious and comfortable. The temperature control was broken so I couldn't get the room warmer than 50 degrees. The staff was VERY friendly and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. The restaurants were lovely with tasty food. I hoped for more authentic caribbean food though so that was disappointing. Room service food left much to be desired as far as taste and arriving warm. The drinks were flowing for sure but there were not a lot of loud drunks roaming around as I was worried about with an all inclusive. My last concern was that the check in process took forever! I did not realize I needed a voucher to get on the shuttle which they informed me was because I went through Hotel.com instead of directly through the hotel. After standing in customs for almost two hours I was put off from the staff taking an hour to check me in. Half an hour was spent with them trying to sell me a VIP package as I watched the remaining sun dwindling away.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"Amazing resort & vacation!!!"
We went for our honeymoon/1 year anniversary. We loved the resort, the staff, the room & the service overall!!! The staff were absolutely TOP NOTCH!!! The food & drinks were excellent! The beaches and pools were beautiful!! We loved the span of the resort and loved taking walks around the resort, especially in the evenings and at night (absolutely beautiful and fun)!! The staff were the nicest & more helpful than anywhere we've EVER been!!! There were no biting insects around (and they usually love me so I'm pretty sure they weren't around when we were there). The beds were amazingly comfortable (even for me who only sleeps on Tempurpedic to avoid back pain from a chronic injury). The view was spectacular (even though we ended up on the 3rd floor when we had requested the 5th). The only negative thing we can say, has nothing to do with the resort itself. Some people may find this problem a plus!!! Many of the guests were quite stuck-up/snobby. Who goes on vacation to Jamaica with that attitude? The attitude began daily at dinnertime when people were fully clothed and many wearing "semi-formal wear." Many of the guests looked unhappy at night (looking past the attitude): the women looked annoyed (impossible to please), and the men looked overwhelmed by trying to please their significant others, to no avail. It was sorta sad! We tried to stay away from this crowd to make our stay pleasurable. That plan worked very well for us!!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Deb
"Wonderful place for a wedding"
We had a wonderful time. The beach is gorgeous and the pool area was beautiful. We stayed at the St james but next will try the wild orchid side. Loved the spa and the gym facilities
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
ann
the staff was very accommodating. Good selection of restaurants. And menus had a ample selection of appetizers,main course as well as deserts. The buffet in the morning for breakfast exceeded all expectations. The beaches were very clean overall a great getaway. And with adults only it was nice not to have kids running around
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice... but flawed"
Great beaches, rooms, and food. Staff was mostly well intended and helpful, with a few exceptions of indifference. Three big issues that fell far short of a good experience. For three days we were treated to loud, noisey, smelly gas powered hedge trimming equipment just a few feet from us for hours at a time. Not quite the peaceful beach experience we hoped for. The second issue was smoking. While the rooms and buildings are smoke free, nothing else is. Outside meals, beach time, and even the use of our veranda were ruined by thoughtless smokers. Designate a non-smoking beach area! And finally, they have elegant dress codes for the restaurants...all of which they ignore. We had dinner at the classiest place, sitting next to a guy in a Metallica tee shirt, camo shorts, and flip flops. And he was better dressed than his partner. And the discount coupons come at the cost of hearing a sales pitch for a vacation club.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Excellent resort!"
This was our first time to Jamaica and this resort made us feel so welcome. The staff was very friendly and so accommodating of anything you wanted. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
The hotel was amazing the food was good and the drinks. Stayed for 3 nights and the resort staff was friendly and gave us really good clubs to party at off the resort. The first night we went to pier 1, that club was fun and packed and it off the water. The shuttle from the hotel waited for us outside the clubs to make sure we made it back safely. Overall I would go back to this resort. Five stars here!!
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
yahna
"Absolutely Stunning!!"
Wonderful staff, great food, beautiful beach. My room was very clean as we're the resort grounds. I didn't get a chance to get in the pool, but the beautiful beach made up for that. The food was exquisite!!! Luxury at best!!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Joyce
"Expected more...."
We were greeted warmly by the Bellman (a really positive first impression) and then ushered to the Reception area (a small dark incense filled room) where we found ourselves waiting for someone to acknowledge us... If you enjoy a grand lobby... there is nothing of the kind at St. James or Wild Orchard. Service overall in the resort was slow...lines for every restaurant and even when we were seated we often found ourselves getting up and going to the bar ourselves rather than continue waiting. Service was also very inconsistent... some of the staff treated us royally... some treated us with indifference, some were borderline rude. If you are a beach walker... this is not your resort...the photos are misleading. It is a very small beach. On the upside... the grounds are very well kept, the spa treatments were very nice, our suite (we were oceanfront, preferred club) was clean and comfortable. The bed very comfortable at the end of the day. The entertainment at the piano bar every evening was wonderful (the absolute highlight for me at this resort) and there were lots of activities (pool table, ping pong, bocce etc) available when you need to get out of the midday sun. We had a good week but I would not go back to this resort nor would I recommend it to others.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Kate
"Logistics need improvement"
This stay was one mistake after another. Upon arrival, check in was botched due to us being placed in the wrong room. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get moved to the correct room. The room itself was much better with a great view but the shower facilities were not well planned out because water leaked onto the bathroom floor after showers. The resort was well located close to the beach but we spent a lot of time looking for any seating on the beach or by the pool. The food and drinks at the restaurant was spotty at best. Some of the restaurants were very good and others were horrible. I felt like very little thought was placed on the food being served to the guests. All told, I was very disappointed by the resort for the amount we paid. I expected much more than I received.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Ernest
"Great hotel, exceptional service"
We were a bit hesitant to go with an all inclusive as we've never stayed at one before.....Secrets St. James, Montego Bay blew us away! The grounds were gorgeous, staff friendly and accommodating and the service was amazing. We stayed in an Ocean view Junior Suite which was perfect! Our rooms were cleaned and straightened twice a day. The food choices were great.....the portions were just right, not too big which is what all restaurants should do! We never had to wait to be seated. A nice variety of activity options....can't beat the pools and ocean being 20 feet away from each other! Couldn't get over how polite and pleasant all of the staff were, our U.S. hotel and restaurant staff should take some lessons from them! Piano bar was great as well as the nightly entertainment. Lots of colorful drink choices and we never had to leave our lounge chair to get them, that is unless we wanted to go to the swim up bar! We were made to feel like we were in paradise! We would absolutely consider going to another Secrets property and highly recommend staying at the St. James/Wild Orchid in Montego Bay!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Mary Ellen
"Relaxation At Secrets St James"
Excellent Resort
Response by Secrets St. James Montego Bay - Luxury All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest: Thank your for posting your comment. We are very happy that you found our Resort and amenities to your satisfaction and trust that we will have the pleasure to be of service to you once again. Warm regards, Caulette Mornan Social Networking/eConcierge
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Cecil
"Can't wait to go back!"
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is the place to be. I truly enjoyed my stay! My room was great, the food was awesome (especially breakfast) and the beach was serene. This was my first trip to Jamaica and I can't wait to go back!
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
V
"Great relaxing place for couples."
I stayed at the Secrets St. James in a preferred guest building. The extra perks with that is the icing on the cake..... By the way there are always plenty of delicious deserts in the lobby of every preferred guest building and in every restaurant on the property. The grounds are beautiful, the staff was always kind and ready to cater to your every request.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Breezy
"Secrets, consistently awesome"
Like any other Secrets resort you stay at, this one was amazing. Excellent beach, excellent accommodations, and great food and drink. The beach at this one was awesome (as compared to Cancun, which was a little dirty and not great for swimmin). My two, very minor complaints: only one jacuzzi that closes at 8pm (for both St James and Wild Orchid) and the sales pitch when you check in (I was starving and just wanted to get to my room and some food). Our stay was amazing though!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
I had a wonderful experience. I satyed at the hotel from 1/29-2/1 for a quick couples getaway and it was more than I imagined.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Excellent hotel on beach"
The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Staff and services were excellent !! Highly recommend Secrets. There is a lot to do there.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Not much of a beach.. Very rocky not sandy. Hotel staff tried to set us up for one of those timeshare deals.. When we didn't show they seemed upset about it.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Amazing Getaway"
Very relaxing, staff very friendly and accommodating, beautiful view, good food, clean & comfortable room, immaculate grounds and very enjoyable, would highly recommend
Other trip Jan 31, 2015