All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica

"Fun Trip"
From the minute we walked in the door our experience at Secrets St James was incredible. The staff is so friendly and wants your stay to be perfect! Our room was beautiful, food was good lots of variety, and plenty of staff to meet all your needs. Pools are beautiful and the beach was a little smaller than I thought it would be but never too crowded. All in all a fabulous get away. Would love to go back!
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Jeanne
"Be Patient and it'll all turn out lovely"
The Hotel grounds are meticulous with a secluded getaway feel even though you are only about 15 minutes from the busier shopping areas. The pools were nice and made up for the fact that the beach is more like a cove with about two feet of sand. The room was spacious and comfortable. The temperature control was broken so I couldn't get the room warmer than 50 degrees. The staff was VERY friendly and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. The restaurants were lovely with tasty food. I hoped for more authentic caribbean food though so that was disappointing. Room service food left much to be desired as far as taste and arriving warm. The drinks were flowing for sure but there were not a lot of loud drunks roaming around as I was worried about with an all inclusive. My last concern was that the check in process took forever! I did not realize I needed a voucher to get on the shuttle which they informed me was because I went through Hotel.com instead of directly through the hotel. After standing in customs for almost two hours I was put off from the staff taking an hour to check me in. Half an hour was spent with them trying to sell me a VIP package as I watched the remaining sun dwindling away.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"Relaxation At Secrets St James"
Excellent Resort
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Cecil
"Awesome setting, great facilities, so-so service"
First off, the hotel and the setting were great. Can't say enough for how beautiful everything was and how well maintained it was. The service was sub-par and the food was not good at all. Was my first time doing an all-inclusive, and while I loved the convenience, the quality of the food and drink was pretty low. Couple examples: the service was a bit pushy and I could sense hostility under the surface from quite a few of the staff, probably from having to deal with many over-served guests. The room service menu was limited so I called to see if I could get some simple cut fruit, but they would not work with my request. For an all-inclusive resort, that seemed off.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Alex
"Very Nice"
It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. We were looking forward to some water sport activities but they were broken, that was the only disappointment and was not fixed during out 5 days stay. Other than that we were happy with out stay
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
mehreen
"Perfect 4 day tropical escape!!"
4 nights 4 days. Perfect. We're a young couple and we're looking for something relaxing, romantic, and tropical. He hotel was beautiful and neutral and always smelled good. When we checked in we were offered an upgraded view - we asked the concierge to show us the view in the rooms we could choose from and she did with pleasure which made us much more inclined to take the upgrade. The room was a nice room with an insane view - worth every penny for the view alone. It's jamaica, it's humid, so the whole room and all our belongings were slightly damp but we basically has the balcony door open the whole time. The resort is lengthy but nothing massive like I read in some other reviews. No matter which building you stay in you are close enough to everything - the gym the pool the restaurants the lobby. There were no kids and it was a much more peaceful environment. The food wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't 5 star. The beach was gorgeous even though small and there were plenty of activities. The hotel staff was lovely. There was almost always live music which was so much fun to listen and dance to every night. We never left the resort and never felt the need to. New Years eve dance party on the beach was awesome awesome awesome. I wish they provided airport transport. But we were more than pleased with everything else. Definitely an enjoyable vacation!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
c-money
"Welcome surprise"
The outstanding feature of this resort is the enthusiast and extremely pleasant staff. This was an extremely restful vacation. I read some negative reviews of Secrets which were totally unfounded: It is physically beautiful, the staff do not demand tips (although we gave some on our own volition for the excellent service), it is clean. My take on Secrets is that it is an all inclusive resort as opposed to a village. Club med, for example, tries to make a community. You meet a lot of people at Club Med because you are encouraged to do things together. At Secrets, you have more privacy. I am not judging either model: I like Club Med, but I really liked Secrets.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Leon
"Excellent choice"
We enjoyed our stay a lot. Staff was very friendly and committed to make our stay an exceptional experience
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Perfect resort"
This place was amazing. My only criticism would be it isn't as fun as experiencing Negril and 7mile beach which has a bit more flavor and Jamaican culture. Also, rge younger female staff were not as accommodating as the male staff. Overall we gad a wonderful time and would recommend this resort to others in the future!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
jeanie & scott
"End of year vacation"
This resort is beautiful. Had a wonderful time except for our mini fridge was leaking and not getting cold report it three times and still never got replaced. Tv dvd combo had a cd stuck in it didnt bother to report it considering the refrige didnt get replaced. Room was half cleaned some days. Staff at alott of the bars and restaurants were rude. We had a good time all in all and made the best of it. Still would return and recommend to others.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
stan
"Relaxing getaway"
This was our 2nd trip to Secrets St James and it was a great trip although the weather didn't cooperate we had a great time .Waking up and it's 7 degrees in December can you really complain but it did rain a couple of days.The hotel and the staff are amazing my only complaint would be the selection of food at the restaurants it's the same every day no changes.But you do have different ones to try so that was great.Beach area is a little small but you still get great drink service and they cook jerking chicken right there in the area and it was the highlight of lunch time .Overall we had a great time to relax and be pampered.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Great location. People are truly the best. They have over 7 restaurants. Preferred not preferred experience was a bit awkward
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Beautiful Resort"
Overall our experience was great! The food was good, drinks were awesome, the grounds were so clean and beautiful, comfortable and clean room and the staff was AMAZING! They were so friendly, always making you laugh and anything you needed it was yours! Kind of sad to see most people dont tip. That type of service was really above and beyond! Thanks to Kevin, Oneal, Hennesy, Marlando, and Godfry thats only a few to name. Cant wait to go back!
Jenna
Great staff, wonderful experience, will be back!!!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Lovely resort close to airport"
We had a terrific weekend get-away here. The resort was a 15 minute drive from the hotel, so we were ready to sit by the pool about an hour after we arrived in Montego Bay. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, the food was quite good, and the room was clean and comfortable. I also got a fabulous massage at the spa.
Jess
"ok time"
bar tenders were by far the worst attitudes I have ever seen A big let down for a pricey trip
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"thanksgiving vacation"
I visited this hotel in spring this year that's why I deside return for Thanksgiving.Unfortunally, the weather was no good, it was rain almost all days, but we have a good time.Very good time!!!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
tamata
"Relaxing"
We had a great time and the staff are so helpful
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Fun and nice"
IT was good, the staff great! The view and location great, the amenities good. My dislikes was: not a big selection of food for room service unless you select the premium package. There premium alcohol is not so premium and the restaurants do not have AC. Its cooler outside and that's not very cool either. They offer dark beer but it's no where to be found, Tips are encouraged. I got a great deal for the trip it was under 3,000 for air(non stop) and hotel with transfers. If you have to pay more than that for 5 nights, choose another hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Kirk
"Simply Fantastic from start to finish!!!"
Seriously! This place is paradise! I stayed at the Secrets St. James Resort from 11/17/14 until 11/21/14 (Mom until Friday). I will review the following: Check In, Grounds, Hotel Room, Food and Staff. Check In: My room was not ready until 3pm however it didn't bother me at all. Upon arrival they give you a cold towel (once in the lobby) and a drink!!! The check in staff are wonderful and very professional. If your room is not ready, they will hold your bags for you so you can walk around the resort. I didn't get offered the "preferred side" because I think it was fully booked which worked perfect for me being my first time at the resort...I didnt want to start high. I wanted to experience a regular room to tell the difference. Grounds: The grounds are absolutely fantastic! They really take care of this property. There are always gardeners out trimming and making things look perfect! Everything is decorated very well with beautiful flowers and palm trees. The grounds are spotless. ..no dirt or trash anywhere! The beach is small but its PERFECT for sitting by the water to tan or swim. If you want to take long walks on the beach...they may not be the beach for you as this beach is filled with lounge chairs. Although its small...its JUST right!!! There are multiple side to the beach so there is variety. Hotel Room: Clean, spacious and you'll LOVE IT! The beds are VERY comfy!! Food: Excellent with MANY options!! Staff: PERFECT, Kind, professional and helpful!!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Toya
"ST james"
more than i expected I got great experience in JA.!!!!
Beautiful place,excellent food,easy check in, extremely friendly staff and just an overall very pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended and will definitely go back!
Pam & Steve
We were in Jamaica to attend a wedding atTreasurer Beach and stayed at Secrets for 2 nights before heading home. After being in a more remote area of the island, Secrets was a great way to end our trip. Food was great, staff friendly, loved the spa. And my husband enjoyed a game of golf.
"Nice beach"
Great experience, will definitely be there again. Hotel staff was excellent and so was the food.
"Nice resort with all inclusive including wifi!"
Loved it all! The concierge was a bit pushy with the time share toll but overall I recommend it.
SF is for lover
"Elegant stay"
We had visited another area of Jamaica with more primitive accommodations -- this was elegant and relaxing, although we're not sure that we were able to get the full value of the cost we paid. While we were there, the sea was rather high (red flag -- no swimming or boating), so that was unavailable. We found the restaurants pleasant and service excellent; the food was a bit "mass production", but elegantly presented. All staff and facilities were pleasant and accommodating. I had a spa massage while there; the cost was quite high, but the experience very professional.
"Large resort, good restaraunts."
We stayed six days, nice break, very relaxing. Hung out by the pool. Did some sailing.
Russ
"Overall, I would not stay at Secrets again."
There is nothing too bad to say about this resort. For the most part everyone is friendly and the food/drinks were nice. This is however not a luxury resort, it is a party resort. They push the drinks and push the drinks and push the drinks. If you are a young couple fresh out of college, I think this is an excellent choice, but based on the website and some of the reading we had done, we were not expecting Cancun in Jamaica. The other reason I give the rating merely a three is that the front desk staff sucked. Maids, Servers, Gardeners, etc., all other staff was really very good, but the concierges and the front desk staff were NOT helpful at all, they were not knowledgeable and really felt disingenuous/'fake nice' the entire stay. From transportation requests to helping to book excursions to the interactions we had when we first walked in...it was not good across the board. This was very disappointing. I would not stay at Secrets again.
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Martin
"Beautiful and relaxing getaway"
My husband and I just came back from secrets resort and spa. It was a great trip. Fun and relaxing.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
The resort was amazing. The fact that it was right along the bay is what really made our trip relaxing and beautiful. The scenes of the bay area were incredible during the day and at night. Every hotel staff member was very nice and helpful. We had no bad encounters. The dining selection was great as well. The entertainment changed everyday and we enjoyed it all. This resort allowed us to have a day of quiet relaxation, or partying and entertainment all day. It was a very good blend.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Beautiful all-inclusive resort"
The resort was amazing. We had to wait a bit to check in due to arriving early so the staff showed us to a restaurant where we had lunch, enjoyed the view, and waited for our room. The room had a honeymoon sign on the door and small surprises throughout (flowers, cheese tray, heart sign...). The property was well kept with beautiful landscape and beach front. The dinning places were excellent with great staff, good variety, and romantic dinner settings. We never left the resort during our stay..... I would definitely vacation at a Secrets resort again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great service and hotel"
I have stayed at the resort 5 times and the service and resort have always been excellent. The rooms are big, modern and always clean. The food is good at all the restaurants and buffets are good as well..the beach and pools are always in great condition...The staff is always friendly and provide great service..i have stayed in several other resorts in Jamaica and secrets blew them all away...I would highly recommend.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
perry
My husband and I got married at this resort last year and returned for our first anniversary this October 2014. We were not disappointed. The beach is great, food is delish and drinks are flowing.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Not the best Secrets Hotel"
1. Had stayed in Secrets Silversands last yr & was wowed so had high expectations 2. On arrival, reception area very crowded, not greeted or given drink as expected 3. Booked ocean view room, given ground floor room with not even a glimpse of the sea. Called reception several times with no one calling me back. After much hassle, following up, disinterest (on their part) and annoyance (on ours) our room was changed on the second day. Replacement room had a really great view. 4. Layout of the hotel isn't great, we were a long walk from the restaurant area etc. 5. Restaurants: Himitsu had no AC, we were so uncomfortable througout the meal & couldn't wait to get out of there, service was good, food was average (at Silversands this restaurant had been amazing). Bordeaux had a 45min wait & when we were seated the restaurant was half empty - a lot of annoyed couples leading to a bad atmosphere there & service was so slow. Food was good. El Patio was all round a good restaurant, service ok. Desserts awful. Seaside Grill - food not good. Barefoot Grill was really good and a handy spot.Breakfast buffet lacked the variety of Silversands. 6. Preferred Club areas had hammocks & nice chairs etc which made me feel like a 2nd class citizen - not really what I'm after when I've booked into a 5* luxury resort!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Very relaxing stay!!"
It was our honeymoon and they treated us great. It was a very relaxing and comfortable place to stay. Our only complaint was the breakfast buffet was not the greatest and only one location for breakfast. Everything else was great.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Tony
"Great hotel for couples, never had to leave"
It was an inviting, quiet, romantic environment. The restaurants were easily accessible and we never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. The food was ok. The best restaurant we went to was the bordeaux. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
bride and groom
"Great exept..."
I have stayed at a few all inclusive resorts in the past. Couples is by far my favorite and I would rate secrets as being my least favorite so far. This is only because even though it is an all inclusive tips are widely expected.they also try to bully you into a 90 minute sales presentation for a timeshare. After refusing several times to do the 90 minute presentation we finally gave it a go. It ended up taking a little over two hours worth of our day. They kept calling it everything except a timeshare which is exactly what it was. The sales pressure was not to unbearably high but it was high enough that made it uncomfortable. I will say that the staff is very friendly and very personable.The snorkeling where as it is all-inclusive is difficult to get a trip out. They will only lend the snorkeling gear three times per day at 9,10, and 2. And the trips are almost always full. I could understand this if it was a boat trip but you are merely swimming out about 50 feet to the reef. If you bring your own gear you can go anytime. They have snorkeling gear available at the gift shop For a very premium price. Also as with most resorts everything on resort is very expensive. They have a tie-dying class but you have to buy the shirt from them if you do not have one with you so they charge you $15 per plain white T-shirt. My suggestion would also be to bring your own T-shirts or tank tops to tie-dye them.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
adam
Great Location, Great Restaurants, Great Service, but the room could use some updating
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Secrets has left not one stone unturned!!!"
Excellent experience at Secrets in Jamaica and we have been to Tahiti which trumps all experiences on Earth! Staff like no other place. Kind people and extremely accommodating. The food is exquisite and the facilities are new. Beaches are spectacular and not crowded. Pools are perfect. Bars everywhere! Too many dining options. Excellent experience!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Paradise..."
One of the best vacations ever.. From the minute we got off the shuttle to the time we got ready to leave it was an amazing experience. We do a lot of vacations this was the most friendliest and relaxed. The room was as pictured. Pools very nice and clean. Planty of sitting options. Beach was very clean again many many chairs/beds. Towels are huge and always available. Food options endless. Many previous reviews I read were negative about food. If you're only used to basic finger junk, you may not like it. 9 different restaurants including 4 "fancy ones",9 bars. Swim up bar bartenders were the best. I love that nobody pushes you to do buy things excertions or gifts. Whatever you want is availabe just go and ask for it.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Very nice, modern resort"
Room was nice and big, lots of amenities-jetted tub, robes, slippers, shower with dual shower heads. The food was GOOD! Would have like more than a bite of food with the appetizers but they will bring more if you ask. Staff was friendly and polite. Check in was a breeze and the woman that helped my husband and I was very accommodating and helpful. I believe she even upgraded our room without telling us. There is lots to see and do right on the property. Plenty of shops and restaurants and did I say the food was delicious. The jerk chicken cart had the best chicken we ate during our stay. The coconut cart was always available for a cool refreshing drink that you could spice up with some rum. Several pools are available and we even saw a wedding while we were there. I would definitely recommend this resort and would stay here again or any Secrets Resorts in the world. Very classy and modern.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Sheila & Lex
"Wonderful vacation."
Large comfy ocean view room. Great tasting food with lots of variety. Friendly, efficient staff, esp waiters Clive at breakfast and Roulan in Bordeaux restaurant.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Jacque
"Amazing Vacation had a beautiful time in Jamaica!"
Went to Jamaica in Aug for my wife and I 25th Wedding Anniversary. Had a vacation experience that was unbelievable, first time going to a all-inclusive adult only resort. The Staff was amazing and so nice and friendly and made Jamaica feel like home. The food was amazing and drinks on point. I traded my American money for Jamaican money to tip(not necessary, at all inclusive, its up to you) $1.00 in american Money is $100.00 in Jamaican Money. So I felt like the King of Jamaica! I spend $290.00 for a romantic dinner on the Beach with my beautiful Wife for 25yrs. You have to pay for in advance and pick from the menu before hand. You get your own personnel waiter, I recommend leaving a big tip for this service because its a once in a lifetime experience. Our waiter took photos for us, and also had a professional photographer. Went to dungie falls nice trip and a shopping trip, some of the people outside of the resort can be real pushy. Be prepare to get crowded didn't like that feeling. Overall I can't wait to get back!
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
QP
"Great resort!!"
We've only been to one other all-inclusive resort, but we felt like Secrets St. James was amazing, if not better. The resort is smaller compared to your larger resorts, so it's less crowded, the staff remember you by name, and there isn't a need to make reservations for any of the restaurants. From doing some research, we reserved a private car for airport transfers, and couldn't have been happier with that service. Would also recommend booking a private tour through any of the local companies if you are interested in any excursions. Non-motorized water sports are free! So we took advantage of paddle boarding and snorkeling. The food at Bordeaux, Blue Mountain, & Portofino were great! El Patio was a little too salty for our tastes, but still a good experience. The breakfast buffet is decent, but nothing out of the extraordinary. The jerk chicken is spicy, and the beef patties are addicting! Appleton rum is great, and so are the Bob Marley drinks! We definitely loved this resort and highly recommend it!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
j
"Hotel was great and the staff was exceptional!"
Hotel rooms were nice a large! The grounds were beautiful and well kept. This is one of the newer (if not the newest) all inclusive resorts in Montego Bay. Visited some of the resorts and I have to say that the staff including the entertainment staff is what made this stay exceptional. They work hard to keep you entertained, some of the staff are very talented and can sing really well for you (shout out to my man Herbie (George)) not only that but they are really personable and seem like you have been friends for a long time. Anyway Tamara and Herbie you all were awesome and my wife and I look forward to coming back and visiting again! -Travis
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Travis
"Great place to stay for all inclusive"
Our first all inclusive vacation was great. from the check in person to the housekeepers and èven the gardeners, everyone on staff was super friendly. I liked the variety of restaurants, bars & lounges. my only suggestion is that it would have been nice to see more selection of food and desserts on the overnight menu.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Marci
"Awesome!"
I loved everything about this hotel! The food was great, they had a jerk chicken cart by the pool around lunchtime daily, needless to say the line for jerk chicken was always long because it was delicious! Staff was very friendly and helpful.
4 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Candy
We stayed at St. James only because it was about $100.00 cheaper than Wild Orchid. Our room had a great view from building 3, very close to the ocean, but I didn't realize all the restaurants and entertainment were at Wild Orchid and you shared. This was not a big deal for myself, but for someone that's not able to walk long distance, I would recommend staying at Wild Orchid for convenience. Great place.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Angela
"Beautiful resort, excellent service."
Excellent resort, excellent service. The staff attend to your every need. The hotel is extremely clean and well-kept. We were very happy with the resort and would definitely go back.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Beautiful resort. ."
Only negative, no ocean view from room due to trees. Loved the staff who were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014