All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chetumal / Pto. Juarez Highway, Km 289 10 Lote 2, Mz 70, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Family Stay"
The hotel was amazing. It is perfect for a family and our family of 5 had plenty of room and beds. I have had better food at many of the other hotels but we ate fine. The ocean view is very limited from the rooms and the sea weed made this beach less desirable but we swam the ocean on excursions. The property is extremely well kept, the staff is great, and the room was great with the A and B side. The all inclusive is slightly different since you sign a ticket and check out at every meal but not a big deal. Food choices are limited and up charges are on many entrees. We ate well but we have had such great food at so many hotels in Cancun that I would rate this the worst but we were still happy and full.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear David Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. Seaweed is an environmental problem and not exclusive of our resort. Is currently affecting the whole coast of Quintana Roo State. We try our best to remove the sargassum that comes to the shore but there's little we can do against mother nature processes. We are sharing your comments with food and Beverage manager so that our service may improve. Nevertheless, we're glad to learn you've enjoyed your unit and we look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Riviera Maya
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Worst Customer Service / Incorrect Description"
Do not get conned into booking the JR Deluxe Suite,Ocean View. It is not a single bed. Its also not guarantee that you will receive a room with a partial ocean view. As I was placed in a room on the first floor of the hotel towards the very front. The only view I had were the hammocks and children's playground. After I complained I was told they could move me but of course at an additional charge.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Robert, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We always strive to provide our guest with the highest satisfaction levels and we regret not achieving this goal with you. We always make our best to communicate assertively with our guest. Clearly, there is still room for improvement. Junior suites always include two double beds. We will find ways to explain this in a more efficient way to avoid this perception to be shared by any of our future customers. Warm Regards.
7 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great value for your money!"
Rooms are great!!! Really spacious for a family of four or six. All balconies face the pool or sea. Floor are a little bit slippery. Not everyone in the resort is on an all-inclusive plan, so even though tips are included, you might feel better if you leave a buck or two. The one thing that is really inconvenient is that if your stay includes a Saturday, there is a good chance they'll ask you to change rooms (something to do with their time share program). Food is above average but not excellent except for "Los Murales" restaurant, where food is really good but you must make a reservation. During our stay, the water by the beach was not as blue as you would expect in the Mayan Riviera. Manager on duty (Miguel, I believe) went out of his way to help me extend my stay twice without having to change rooms. Over all a very good stay and a great value for your money.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Eduardo J
"Nothing it is promised to be!"
This place is a joke, short version. This location runs from Saturday to Saturday, they don't tell you this until its too late. What that means is, we went in on a Tues, Sat. we had to change rooms. They told us our OTHER, new room was ready, NO! We waited an hour and a half in the hallway, with our luggage. We went to the front desk and asked , we were promised rooms to be ready? 45 minutes later, they had no answer other than that how their hotel operates. The manager, Ivan Hernandez, could have cared less. We actually just walked away, because he sat on the phone and never looked back or acknowledged us. It took three days to get our room phones to work, had to order room service from the bar, located 1000 yards away. In 4 days had 3 drinks delivered to us on the beach, everyone was complaining about this,If you went to the bar and ordered your own, they would not give them to you to take to the beach, your server had to. We told them if that was the case we would not have walked all the way up here to get them. On rainy days no pool bars, even if the rain clears. Beaches are rocky with volcanic rock. Food was average AT best. They will try and talk you into reservations at Los Morales, good dinner, half of the menu had surcharges on it, so all inclusive is up in the air on that one. Our best meals, room service. One last thing. We told them we were not interested in being members, why?, start from the top, haha. Yet they called EVERY morning just to make sure!
8 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Anthony
"For Families and Retirees Only"
Extremely low key - Not for couples or 30/40 somethings. For families and retirees only.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear guest Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We are aware that there are several resorts in the surroundings with non-stop party but that's not the type of resort The Royal Haciendas is. At Royal Resorts we have always strived to provide our customers with a family-friendly relaxed vacation with a strong focus in resting quality. We hope you've enjoyed the rest of your stay at Riviera Maya. Warm Regards.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Lirp
Great Resort for Families. Many Activities. asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We look forward to welcoming you during your next trip to Riviera Maya. Warm Regards.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Friendly staff and excellent facility. My wife and I would definitely stay here again. The distance to town requires a cab, and they will charge around $15 dollars each way unless you talk them down.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. Taxi Rates are way beyond our control. However: we do provide free transportation via a shuttle that runs hourly from the resort to Playa del Carmen's Downtown. During your next visit, please approach Front Desk to receive further information. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Great place"
The resort is very clean and easy to get around. We did not have any problems getting someone to bring us a drink or find a place to get food. The buffet was good and the restaurant was great. The food at the pool bars was very good and the service couldn't have been better. The pools had plenty of room so you never felt like you are in a crowd. The beach was great with plenty of chairs. The beach did have some seaweed but they cleaned it up every day and you're in a ocean so what do you want. The entire staff at the resort is ready to help you with a anything. They could not have been better. They have activities that you can join in everyday from exercise to blackjack all for free. If you want a place to relax and not have to fight the crowds this is a great place. They even have a grocery store in the lobby if you need something. Reviews of other resorts in the area were not as good as this resort and we're glad we made this choice. If you want to go to Playa you do have to take a shuttle at a small cost but it was worth it. PROBLEM This is the only problem we had that I think the hotel should warn you about. When we went to Playa to walk around and do some shopping someone walks up to you and says hello and don't you remember me I was you're waiter last night. When you say you don't they tell you that happens all the time but they remember us because we were nice to them then they invite you into a store that there family owns and try to sell you something all lies
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Than you for taking time to post about our resort. Unfortunately, the kind of scam you describe at your comment is fairly common. We asure you that Royal Resorts does not promote nor encourage that kind of behavior and for sure that person was not one of our staff members. We invite Expedia's community to stay safe and report such incidents to front desk upon arrival so measures can be taken. We look forward to welcoming you during your next vacation to Riviera Maya. Warm Regards.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Carguy
"Babymoon Trip on April 20 2015"
Been to a few resorts in the past in Mexico and other countries. This one was one of the best I've been to. Booked Royal Haciendas a week before our trip. We are 32 weeks pregnant so we were looking for a comfortable and relaxing vacation. Our room was great. Had a microwave which came in handy once or twice. Clean and looked very modern. Great balcony with an awesome view. The resort is large enough to give you a nice selection of restaurants and bars but not too big where you have to walk 15 minutes just to get to your room. Beach was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Love the colorful look of the resort. Bars are all great. Awesome drinks. Food for the most part was really good. The key to the buffets is have the chef make you your meal specifically. Like all buffets go for what is fresh and hasn't been sitting for an hour. Example. Fajitas made in front of you for lunch. Amazing. Breakfast chef made us fresh omlet and pineapple waffles while I stood a few minutes and waited. Gave me enough time to hit the juice bar for a fresh smoothy. The restaurant at the pool was also grade A. If you like fish or seafood you can't go wrong here. Our concierge Adrian made it very easy to book an amazing couple massage as well as our trip to Xcaret. Also, if you come to Playa DO NOT pass up on Xcaret. It will be the best day you have in Mexico. Although a bit pricy. Well worth the money. Lazy river through the caves will be an experience like no other.
Mike D
"Great food, beautiful beach, beautiful resort."
We really enjoyed this all-inclusive resort. The unlimited amount of food was amazing. Different themed nights at the buffet. Juice bar all morning. Restaurant required reservation, but was no extra charge and very fancy. Huge mosaics throughout the resort. Very clean, well-maintained rooms. Several pools to choose from. Really enjoyed the restaurant at the pool also.
Emily
"Villa outstanding"
Excellent , except for the time share discussions non stop. I don't want a timeshare I want my freedom and privacy
Brad
"Beautiful resort!"
We loved the Royal Haciendas! The resort and staff were all fabulous. We received a free upgrade to an oceanfront room and had a million dollar view! The entire resort was clean, staff helpful and friendly. The swim up bar was a fun perk and the poolside cafes served a good variety and everything delicious. The all inclusive buffet had plenty of choices for everyone with healthy salads and fruits available as well. The resort had something for everyone! We're planning a return trip in the future.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Sue
"Will definitely be coming back!"
I feel like it is difficult to put into words how exceptional this resort is and how impressive our stay was from the minute we walked in. The rooms are breathtaking, the patios/ balconies were wonderful. There are multiple HUGE pools and we never had an issue finding a chair. The staff is so nice. Our concierge was Carla, she was so sweet and very informative/ helpful on information regarding the resort as well as what to do around the area. The food and drinks were great. Ive seen reviews and complaints about hidden fees and complaints about giving your room number/name when ordering and am honestly confused on how that is a complaint. There are a small handful of food items that have anywhere from a $4-7 charge beyond the all inclusive package due to their expensive nature but they are clearly presented that way and most everything is included. Giving our room number was never time consuming or inconvenient, don't let that shy you away. We will definitely be returning and recommending Royal Haciendas to family and friends.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Jacqueline
"Fantastic vacation, especially for the price"
My sister and I took our parents and our own families on a family vacation to celebrate our parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Everyone (ages 3 - 71) had a great time. The rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of space to store your clothes/items. The food was very good and the weather was fantastic. We had no trouble getting spaces by the pool or beach, nor getting seated for dinner. It was a very relaxing vacation. The resort is beautifully landscaped with the buildings in an "E" shape with the legs toward the beach. The spaces between the legs are two very similar courtyards, each with a kids pool, lap pool and large social pool with a swim up bar on the back of the pool side bar/café. The social pools have shallow (~1') areas for little ones to be near adults in the main area (~4' deep). There are multiple hammock areas and one courtyard has a small playground set (a few swings, some items to climb and a slide) that our 3 year old loved. All the rooms face the inside of the E, so they all, technically, have an ocean view. In reality the views from the lower levels are blocked by the courtyard trees/buildings and some upper level rooms have an limited angled view of the ocean. Nevertheless, every room's patio/balcony has a pleasant view and is a nice place to relax at the end of the day. There are a handful of rooms actually beachside on the ends of the buildings (limited availability and higher cost, I assume).
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Excellent most of the time"
We stayed here for our honeymoon. At first we were overjoyed by the service, condition and facilities, we were even allowed to check in a few hours earlier! However, the second day we had to change rooms (which we expected), this is where the debacle began. We were only moving next door, the bellman came up to let us in and the room had not been cleaned. The bed had been slept in, there were hairs everywhere, tissues on the floor and the safe had been jammed. The bellman was meant to give us the new key but informed us we would have to go down to reception to get it. After a few phone calls and a visit to reception we were waiting for the handyman to fix our safe so we could lock up our valuables and go for a swim. This took ages which meant we spent hours in our hotel room doing nothing. wifi was terrible, one day it didn't exist at all which meant by husband was unable to watch the World Cup Final! Other than this small hiccup we loved our stay at the Royal Haciendas. The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful, all inclusive was great, food was fantastic, buffet had so much choice!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Heidi
"Paradise"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel April 12-April 17. It is hands down the most beautiful resort that we have ever stayed at. The grounds are beyond amazing. Our room was pretty and spacious. The fridge was stocked everyday. Room service was fast and the food was great. Each night the buffet had a different theme for dinner, which we really enjoyed. The pool and pool bar was my favorite. Carlos at the pool bar is amazing! He gave us wonderful service and remembered our names. We had a fantastic experience and are already planning to try to go back next month!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Marianne
"royal haciendas, playadelcarmen"
We stayed for 6 days, excellent service, rooms clean , they care for everything and any questions are easily answered and helped out.rooms service was very good.pool service and bar was clean ,well maintained and pool service was excellent. No complaints. Would definitely go there once again when I get a chance.
5 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Shital S.
"Great quiet place to stay with hard beds"
We had a 6 day 5 night vacation at the Royal Haciendas from April 12th to the 17th. Overall it was an amazing experience but there was some room for improvement but it did not damper my experience at all! The beds were really hard and for me sleeping was a little rough, but my husband didn't mind. The resort itself was amazing! It was super clean and the staff was amazing. The buffet had excellent food and we enjoyed everything they served. The room service food was really good too. We never at the fancy restaurant that you had to have a reservation for because that was inconvenient and it was a pain to even try to get in so we passed on that. The drinks were awesome and couldn't be happier with any of that. Other reviews mention having to sign a receipt after everything you do, which is true, but really didn't affect my opinion of this resort. I didn't like that the resort was pretty much dead by 8 PM. There was one night that they had a small show other than that they had some small stuff in the a building somewhere which was never a real hit as it was pretty dead there too. I didn't like that after 6 your only option for food was the buffet or room service if you didn't have a reservation because the restaurant options are very limited for an all-inclusive, but as I mentioned the food was good so it really wasn't a bother for us, but could be for someone else. Overall I would recommend this resort to someone!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Candi
"unhonest front desk sfaff, bad choice for a couple"
after my long hours at the airport & on the airplane, we expected some relax after the checkin but we just wasted 90 minutes more because of the hotel staff. they gave us a terible garden view room instead of a ocean view as we booked . i came back to the front desk asked them why with my booking voucher then they said that room is considered an ocean view room to them...after a few minutes, they gave me a difference room with really a ocean view...90 minutes wasted for moving from 1 room to another. we had only 2 people but had to stayed in a room with 2 double beds. we requested a king bed or they can remove 1 bed out, but they said " they coudn't do that".... then making reservation for dinner is a big headache too...
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We always strive to make every vacation experience a memorable one and we regret not achieving this goal with you. I would like to mention that the front desk staff does not have access to assign units, this is done prior your arrival by the reservations department based on the type of unit that was booked. I understand this may not be relevant for your check-in experience, but I need to share this information with the aim of validating our philosophy which is exceeding expectations; our staff went out of their way to satisfy your needs, since they had to make some calls and go through the inventory in order to provide a second option. We could have offered an upgrade if a king size bed was required, we do have suites with private jacuzzi, kitchen and living room available at a different price in order to accommodate all our guests needs. We would like to apologize if we didn't fulfill your expectations and look forward to serve you again in the future. Thank you for you kind feedback and giving us the opportunity to improve the quality of our services. Warm Regards
Minh
"The worst experience of all."
First this resort doesn't need to give bracelets when they do not serve any real meaning besides the security on the beach that is writing down your room. It is to much signing for everything and if you don't give them a tip they do not do their job. Mediocre food experience everywhere Also there should not be concierge assign to non-timeshare owners. Simply they do not help you, but obstruct your stay. We asked our concierge to reserve a spot in the only restaurant and he didn't do it since we didn't go to the timeshare presentation. Also the diner time for this restaurant from 6-8 is reserved to timeshare folks but that is not shared with the general public. This is the only hotel/resort in the world that we never had shampoo even when we asked nothing happened. I called the service desk to bring me "don't-disturb" sign (it was not in the room) and never came. It was good that one cleaning lady gave it to me. We had twice cleaning lady in the room first she fixed only the bed and replaced the towels, but nothing in the refrigerator (we haven't had anything in that refrigerator to begin with). The second time she put some beer and some soft drinks fix the bed and replace the towels, but no water and no shampoo both times. We met with other people and they had shampoo in their room. At the end they put an envelope to put the tip for the housekeeping - like they've done anything useful. Horrible service everywhere focused only on tips, not on the work they sign up for.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Sir, Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We always strive to make every vacation experience a memorable one and we regret not achieving this goal with you. The REFINE All Inclusive program has been operating at The Royal Haciendas since November 2012 and it has been developing and improving during this time. We are learning from our visitor’s feedback and we can proudly state that improvements have been rewarded by more positive feedback each time. We have added new services in order to become more suitable for the highly competitive market we are in and to add value to your vacation experience. We are truly sorry for not complying with your requests on a timely manner, our standards and philosophy are often reinforced so our guests do not have to make any requests at first, particularly room amenities. Exceeding expectations is our goal and our guests satisfaction is our main reward. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future, Warm Regards
Martin
"Good for young families"
Rooms were spacious. We had to change rooms on a Saturday -- took 2 hours in the middle of the day for staff to move luggage. The pools/grounds were very pretty. The only caveat is that there were not many dining venues.
"Wonderful!"
Everything about the Royal Haciendas was wonderful except for being under staffed.
Jody
"Looking for peaceful place with beach views?"
If night life is not high on your list, this is perfect. The best and most friendly staff. Beautiful grounds and pools. Lovely room and very good food.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Perfect getaway"
Just got back from a wonderful week The resort is very clean , staff is wonderful, drinks are perfect no need to ask for additional alchol. Can't wait to go back
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Family friendly, great beach and close to town"
Solid experience overall. Changing rooms is a pain, but staff is accommodating and pool is great also.
"Amazing hotel!"
My family and I had an amazing time at this resort! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was decent and the pools are wonderful.
Melody
"Great experience!"
We had such a wonderful experience at The Royal Haciendas. The staff was great and made you feel welcomed. The facilities were always clean and the food was excellent.
Julio
"THIS IS A TIMESHARE HOTEL"
EXPEDIA NEEDS TO INFORM CUSTOMERS IN LARGE LETTERS THAT THIS IS A TIMESHARE HOTEL And that if you are staying over a Saturday, you will more than likely have to move to another room and more than likely not as nice as what you paid for. We stayed Wednesday to Sunday and were informed on checkin we would have to move our room on Saturday because owners would be coming in. When we questioned it, they told us we were informed by Expedia, however it's in the small print and didn't read it. Doubt you would have read it either. Hotel assured us it was seamless process. Ha Ha Ha. Information in room says we would have to be out of our room by 11:00 and our new room would be ready at the latest at 4:00, front desk said that wasn't really true that the room would be ready at 11:00/11:30. Called Bell staff at 10:30 and they said to meet them at my room at 11:30. Went to my room at 11:30 and was locked out. Called bell staff and said they'd be up shortly. waited outside my room for an hour and kept calling them and trying to find someone to let me in my room (Front desk was about an hour deep in people trying to check in). Finally at about 1:00 I got a bell boy to take me to my new room. He had keys for me, but they did not work. He got housekeeping to let us in, room was not ready. He than told me I needed to go to front desk to get keys reprogrammed. Waited 45 minutes in line. Finally made it to the beach at 2:00 for my last day of vacation. Won't be coming back!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jane
"3 Generations at Playa"
Fantastic vacation for 3 generations. Wonderful service and very spacious rooms
7 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Allison
"Excellent resort"
The hotel is wonderful and the people are great except for those who want to sell you a timeshare. That part is annoying. The food and drinks are great. The beach always had spots available. The beach is, however, covered in seaweed which they try to clean up daily. I'd go back here again.
cmbrett
"Nice hotel, on the beach"
I loved my stay at the Royal Haciendas. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We spent our time on the beach, by/in the pool or jacuzzi, and napping in hammocks. The whole experience was very relaxing.
Elisa
"Nice hotel but nothing compared to cancun beaches."
Lovely place and staff but lacks night entertainment and most places close early.
Karol
"Royal Stay in Paradise"
My wife and I visited the Royal Haciendas during our Spring break for the second year in a row. Many of the guests are time-share owners but we stayed with an all-inclusive package. Our room was very clean and cozy, with 2 beds, a very nice and large bathroom, and a balcony. But the best parts or Royal Haciendas are out of the rooms. The grounds are beautiful, with gardens, several kinds of pools, hot tubs, and direct access to a perfect beach. Most of the drinks and food were included in our package, no matter if you want buffet, a la carte, or in room dining, all of them being of very nice quality. The gem of the all-inclusiveness, is the possibility of dining at their top-notch formal restaurant, Los Murales, where you would enjoy a superb culinary experience. Overall we have had a priceless experience in the Royal Haciendas, above all for the immaculate service of their always helpful employees. People such as Jorge, Omar, Aaron, and many more, will make you feel welcomed in paradise.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Ruben
"Very nice All inclusive hotel"
Stay was very good. We loved the food. Kids really enjoyed staying here. We reached hotel around 10.30 AM. Check in time is 4 PM. When asked for early check-in they mentioned they will try their best. They gave the room at 1 PM which was not cleaned. However they cleaned it before 4 PM.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Surendran
Quiet and relaxing, family oriented, with amazing views and friendly staff
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Beautiful resort amazing buffet. Right on beach."
We had a great time, but they could use some nightly entertainment! We were bored after 10.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
jayjay
Nice pools and plenty of beach lounge chairs and palm tree umbrellas. Moving rooms is an inconvenience but overall a nice resort.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Fabulous Vacation!"
4 of us (3 generations) spent 10 days at The Royal Haciendas and had a fabulous experience! From the moment of check in until check out ~ we had no complaints! The grounds were spectacular, the staff was very accommodating and the room was amazing. We stayed in a 1BR Deluxe Suite and very nice! We did take advantage of a few activities (Yoga, Zumba, Latin Dance lessons and snorkeling lessons) and really enjoyed them but would like to have seen more evening activities. We would definitely recommend this resort to friends/family!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good vacation spot"
This was our second time at Royal Haciendas, but the first time as all-inclusive. I think the wristband should be enough identification, and not require room number and name for every single purchase. Also, we were told by Expedia that all gratuities were included, but felt like they were still expected.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Elaine
"Great except for one thing"
Our stay would have been great if not for one issue that wasn't handled properly by the manager. Rooms, pool & pool staff, beach, & food were all great but here's what happened that soured the vacation: We booked Wed. through Tues. due to school schedules at home and in reading other reviews and website information was aware that we may have to move rooms on Sat. While not ideal we had no issues with that. Fri. we got the instructions for moving and the new room number. Beach front right by the pool which was awesome! They had told us at check-in that because of the inconvenience they would upgrade us. We didn't really talk about it with our kids until we got the room assignment. Needless to say we were all very excited. For moving rooms, it took nearly 40 minutes for a bellboy to get to our room after calling and waiting an additional 20 minutes. When he arrived with the keys to a different room I was shocked!! He called the manager and I talked to him. He apologized and admitted the mistake and said he would make it right and find a right way to compensate us. We never heard from him until our last night when we tracked him down to see if he was even going to talk to us again. We have seen other reviews with similar concerns so I believe their reservation system is flawed. Maybe because it's a property with a lot of owners coming Saturdays but the biggest thing is we feel the management wasn't even going to contact us. If you go choose Sat-Sat. to avoid moving
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Sir, We would like to offer our deepest apologies for raising your expectations when checking in and offering a free upgrade due to the inconvenience of having to switch rooms on Saturday and then not being able to honor this good will gesture. I understand that do to the inconvenience to your family the Manager applied a credit to your account at the end of your stay for not being able to comply with what the front desk clerk offered upon your arrival. I can imagine how this expectation could affect the perception of our services, but all our staff was focused on providing memorable experiences in every single service along your stay. We highly appreciate your preference and the opportunity to improve in our services by taking the time to send us your feedback, Cordially, The Management
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Adam
"Would go back in a heartbeat"
The facilities are immaculate and well laid out. You are never far from anything. The food was plentiful and the choices were endless. You could eat at the buffet, pool bar, off the menu in the buffet restaurant, or at the "upscale" restaurant. The drinks were varied and delicious. It's obvious that the staff takes great pride in their hotel. Carla (one of the concierges) was very welcoming and helpful. My 2 girlfriends and I had a 2 bedroom suite. Plenty of room and the large balcony and living room were nice when we were relaxing before bed. The wifi was good in the room, but spotty in the public areas. Even though it is all inclusive, you have to sign for everything (there are zeroes on the bill). This was annoying sometimes. I would recommend Royal Haciendas to anyone. Great time had by all. There is great poverty outside of the resort so we tipped well and I truly believe our tips were appreciated.
Shimmie's Mom
"Safe friendly atmosphere! Staff very helpful"
Amazing waiter and waitresses at the lo rodunda bar! Antonio always happy and smiling! Leonardo great! Nevia helped us at the pool many days and so sweet and always there when we needed her. The food was amazing at the fancy restaurant and very tasty at the buffet. I would recommend the all inclusive as it was worth every penny we spent!
Tammy
Beautiful hotel! Cleanest hotel I've stayed at. We had a wedding to attend at a different resort (I won't name which one) and ours was BY FAR better...and at 1/2 the cost! Would recommend to anyone! Food was great.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Nice stay but will not be returning"
This resort is in great need of renovation. It looks very outdated, the lobby is very unattractive. There is absolutely nothing luxurious about this resort or the rooms and there is not enough restaurants. Basically if you have children, there is only the buffet to choose from at night. The food is ok, but nothing special. Not enough variety. That got old very quickly. The hotel only cleaned up the seaweed once. It got so thick and smelled so bad that a couple days we could not go near the beach. We expect to be pampered a little on vacation, and it was disappointing that this resort is just plain boring. There is nothing to do at night so our kiddos were bored. We had a fun vacation but we had leave the resort for all our activities.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Angie
"Great, relaxing vacation!"
We were there Mar 21-28 with another family. We had called ahead of time to ask that our rooms be close together. When we arrived, we were pretty far away from each other. However, with one call, the check in receptionist was able to get us in the room right under our friends with the stairwell outside our door - it was perfect! We had the all-inclusive package and felt the food was really good. Some items had surcharges, but there were plenty of options, even in the nice restaurant, that didn't. All the staff were incredibly nice and accommodating. We did sit through the timeshare presentation to get money off our bill and discounted activities but never felt pressure to buy and they kept to the 90 minutes as promised.
"Great place for families!"
The Royal Haciendas is a beautiful resort with numerous amenities. Our family had a great time - all inclusive - the food and drinks were great.
"Terrible wifi connection. Slow service. Horror tra"
Good small room. Nice room service. Terrible Wifi and transportation. Very slow service. Confusing staff. Ok scheduleing and food.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Sir or Madam, We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us your with your valuable feedback, this gives us the opportunity to improve in the areas which are of the most interest to our guests. We are in the process of improving the WiFi service, all the antennas located inside the rooms are being upgraded with the latest technology. We do provide technical assistance 24hrs to make sure we offer a solution based on your Wi-Fi needs during your stay. I am sorry you got the impression of our rooms being too small but we do have the option of upgrading units to a 6 adults villa with two double bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, living room and a Jacuzzi in the terrace. We will definitely reinforce with our front desk personnel to inform of these options to our guests. At The Royal Haciendas we always strive to provide memorable experiences to all of our guests in every visit, since our greatest reward is your satisfaction. We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future, Cordially, The Management
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Wonderful and attentive staff"
The staff at the hotel were always attentive, caring, and genuinely happy. The grounds were impeccable.
Ked
We went with a group of 20 from our church. Everybody had a wonderful time. The food was great, the beach was great,and everything was perfectly clean.The staff was friendly and worked day and night to meet all of our needs. I highly recommend this resort for people who are looking for a quiet place without a lot of partiers. They do not encourage springbreakers, which we like.
Becky
"Very Clean Resort"
The resort was kept impeccably well. The buffets were delicious and the variety of food was great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint are the beds and pillows were not comfy at all. The actual mattress was not very supportive so we woke up with sore backs every morning. The pillows were like balls of mush...not very good for people who have back and neck problems. FYI: Make sure you bring a lot of single bills for tips. It's not mandatory but it seems to be common place in Mexico to tip $1-2 for good service at the resorts. We tipped a $1 for each drink and $2 every time we ate at the buffet. We didn't mind since the service was usually excellent.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015