All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chetumal / Pto. Juarez HighwayKm 289 10 Lote 2, Mz 70, Playa del CarmenQROO77710Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Delicious food
    Great room
    Bad internet service
"Great vacation with family and little kids"
Excellent hotel, great room service and overall service. Convenient with kids. GYM very good equipment. Friendly staff. Would stay again. Multiple pools on site and great with kids.
4 night family trip Mar 6, 2016
neha
"All-inclusive resort, close to a well kept beach"
Everything was good: accommodations, food, staff, facilities, beach. Beware of jelly fish. Also: you may have to move into another room on Saturday, if you arrive on any day other than Saturday.
Other trip Jan 18, 2016
"Safe and pristine."
Amazing food , beautiful grounds, polite and attentive staff, wonderful beach great for families and couples.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
julesk1123
"No need for more"
This hotel is one of my top picks. It met all my expectations and more. My only negative is changing rooms on Saturday but if you book Saturday to Saturday you won't miss a beat. I think I tried everything they had to offer from room service, to shuttle, yoga, excursion , kids club etc and could not find fault with any of it.
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
laura
The place is nice and is right on the beach. They have timeshare situation where you might get moved at theend of the week. I was moved from a waterfront suite to a first floor smallee suite. The moving process took up a whole day. I spoke with the front desk and they were able to move me back to what I paid for originally. Unfortunatelyit wasted a day. Otherwise the place was as expected.
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
King
We did the all-inclusive. We got a great deal and the place is very nice. Nice rooms, great food, beautiful view and the food is very good too. The ocean was full of seaweed and the beach was covered with the stuff, obviously not the hotels fault but be leery of this anywhere in Playa it made the ocean inaccessible while we were there.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Tony, Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. We are glad you enjoyed our REFINE All-Inclusive package. We work hard to keep the beach as clean as possible from the sargassum that has increased exponentially this year. Looking forward to host you again!
Other trip Jan 9, 2016
Tony
"Nice hotel with excellent people"
Spent 5 nights there with our family and had a great time. The highlights are the food, service and price. The lowlights is that the beach is not great in this area.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Edgar, Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. We take pride on our hosts’ warmth and we are happy to know that you were satisfied with our staff service and our culinary offer. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm Regards,
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
Edgar
"Nice hotel excellent location"
Very nice hotel! Very professional staff and excellent food. Very close to several attractions Wish you can keep the entertainment and the bar areas open until at least mid night
Other trip Dec 27, 2015
Mau
"Nice resort right at beach"
I have a very mix feelings about the resort. The facilities, the condition and the maintenance of the resort are great, but the food and not so much. Also , there weren't many activities and thing to do or go for children, at least for a little once.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Daniela, Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad to know you liked our facilities and appreciated the care we put into maintaining everything clean and in good conditions. One of our main goals is to communicate accurately with our guests and we are sorry we didn't achieve this my informing you about the different activities your children can do at The Royal Haciendas, such as pool games, aquatic pictionary, fishing game, beach games, sand castles, to name a few. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back once more to enjoy a vacation that's up to the high standards we've held for our Royal Resorts owners and guests for more than 30 years. Best Regards,
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
Daniela
"Very nice Time share hotel close to the beach."
We were greeted by the check in staff and then met our concierge Jacqui. She was very informative and asked regarding things we would like to do. Then came the schtick. Time share presentation only 90 minutes lasted 2 and a half hours. We did get discounts on 2 tours and one for free, unfortunately one of group was violently ill at the tour the previous day and we had to cancel our snorkel tour. We were charged half of the fee as a cancellation. and the weather conditions were not good that day anyway. Be very careful. You need a doctors note to get a full refund but the Hotels Doctor fee was higher than the cancellation fee.. So it was better to pay the cancellation fee. Live and learn. The bar staff and pool staff were marvelous. Minerva in the Playa del sol bar was excellent. Friendly efficient and doing her best to learn English.
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
Claudia
"Are staying at the concentration camp"
This hotel was more like staying in in a concentration camp. The food was bad particular the breakfast savings which smelled like dirty socks my spouse and I have been sick for the past several days also the hotel staff does not give out change and keeps it for themselves .
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Jeff and Eloy, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at our resort. Please accept a sincere apology for the behavior and quality of the food described does not comply with Royal Resorts Quality Standards. We are sorry to learn this through this channel. We encourage our guests to communicate any inconveniences on site so we can follow up at the moment. We're sharing your comments with the appropriate channels so that our service may improve. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back once more to enjoy a vacation that's up to the high standards we've held for our Royal Resorts owners and guests for more than 30 years. Warm Regards,
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Jeff and Eloy
Beautiful! Second time there this year and already planning to go back next year
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We're glad to know for the second time we have covered your expectations. We hope to continue providing you with the highest level of satisfaction on your next visit. Best Regards,
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
"Awesome as usuall!!"
WE literally had an amazing stay this is the third year in a row that we have came to the royal hacienda and every year gets better and better...we always bring our small children 1 and 4 and royal resorts always accommodates us! every day our maid left a sucker for our children and in one instance my husband left out $40 in ones and in an evelope our maid left it for us vs. taking it..we had no idea!! All in all this is a great resort some people do complain about the buffet style la palapa but to quite honest its perfect for the kids and me and my husband just ordered from there menu that you can ask for that is included with your all inclusive stay. And our kids got so spoied off of the room service, every morning they ordered cereal and muffins right to the room while watching cartoons!
8 night family trip Nov 10, 2015
"Exceeded my expectations!"
We chose The Royal Haciendas after reading a large number of positive reviews. I was expecting a decent resort, but we were blown away by what we found! The hotel was very clean, and obviously well maintained. But what most impressed us was how friendly and welcoming the staff was. We were treated like friends from the moment we walked through the doors. While I had some reservations about the fact that this was a timeshare resort, my worry was for nothing. We were never ONCE bothered to participate in any kind of informational meeting. We checked in, met for a few minutes with our concierge, Fred, and were quickly escorted to our villa, which was ready for us upon arrival, even though we got there 4 hours before our official check in time. We ate and drank at every bar and restaurant on the Haciendas property (including room service), and enjoyed the meals and service at each one. We were called by name every time, and the wait staff could not have been nicer. Make sure to swim up to Sol bar and say hi to Victor. He was great! I've already recommended the Royal Haciendas to family and friends. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Nov 18, 2015
Ash
"Beautiful place"
The Royal Hacienda was a wonderful place to stay. They made us very comfortable and the property is beautiful. We were most impressed with the staff here. The level of professionalism and all around service from the staff is second to none.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
Pat
"Beautiful property and wonderful staff"
We just got home from a fantastic week at the Royal Haciendas. First, I can't say enough about the staff. Absolutely, everyone that we encountered gave excellent service! Our concierge, Fred, was extremely helpful. We were shocked and delighted to be put in an oceanfront room, which was a highlight of the trip! The grounds were very clean. Yes, there was some seaweed on the beach but the staff was out every morning removing as much as they could. The seaweed was not as bad as I expected based on some earlier comments and it didn't interfere with us enjoying the beach area at all. Food-- Los Murales had excellent atmosphere and our food was very good although my 9 year old son was not as impressed. The buffet was surprisingly good with the different themes each night. We especially enjoyed the Italian night and Prime Rib Night. The room service had a limited menu but was included in the all-inclusive package. Now, keep in mind, this is a timeshare location but also an all-inclusive family resort so if you are looking for a lot of nightlife then this is probably not the resort for you. I wish there had been another sit-down restaurant option other than Los Murales and buffet.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
"Relaxation and sunshine!"
What a beautiful resort! We went there to enjoy some sunshine and relaxation and the Royal Hacienda did not disappoint. First of all it is a huge resort, multiple pools and a beautiful beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. After a day or so they even knew us by name. We did an all inclusive package and the restaurant choices were ok. The food and the service was always good, but I would have like an additional choice. Buffet, fancy and a limited mexican sushi was not quiet enough variety for me. It is a timeshare resort, but they were not pushy or annoying with trying to sell to you, they took no for an answer. We would defiantly recommend it to anyone who asks and hope to return again someday.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"okay hotel"
its a 4 star hotel, but its more like a 3 star hotel. Not impressed at all
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, We truly appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that your stay didn't meet your expectations. We will reinforce our procedures so no future guest shares this perception of us. We hope you give us a chance to show you how much we can improve by visiting us again. Regards,
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
Pitufina74
"It is NOT All Inclusive resort!!!"
I am very upset about the entire experience with the Expedia. I purchased vacation package for me, my husband and two kids, through Expedia, for 9 nights stay in so-called all-inclusive resort Royal Haciendas, and exceptionally disappointing flight with JetBlue. First of all Royal Haciendas is a TIMESHARE RESORT, it is pretty and the grounds are well maintained, it is also very accessible for handicapped people. However, it is NOT ALL INCLUSIVE, and it should not be advertised so. There are SURCHARGES on selective (good) menu items and other resort's services. I had to call everyday and remind to stock drinking water in our room, otherwise NO DRINKING WATER. There is BARELY ANY ENTERTAINMENT, NOT DAYTIME, AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO AFTER SUNSET. I would not recommend this resort to anyone under 60. The staff is oriented on mature clientele's needs. I found all personnel bored. My kids usually love spending time in the kid's clubs, refused to go to the one in Royal Haciendas, because it was extremely boring. We met a few couples our age, and with kids, they shared same opinion about this place. At the check-in we were notified that we will HAVE TO MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM ON SATURDAY, since timeshare holders are checking in and out EACH SATURDAY. I want to give my thanks to the Zumba and Pilates instructors, my only entertainment on premises. To conclude, this place is not for young, active people. JetBlue delayed the flight by 6 1/2 hours due to tech problems, no notification.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
New Yorker
"Nice hotel, plenty of family activities"
The hotel is very nice and clean , hotel staff has plenty of family activities everyday to keep the atmosphere relax and enjoyable for the entire family. Will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
villalobos fam
"Nice hotel, close to the beach, no night life"
All in all the experience was OK. I would probably not go back to this resort unless I wanted to sit around and literally do nothing but drink and swim all day and night. There were no activities to do on the resort premises, if we wanted to do anything we had to walk to the resorts next door for that or go to downtown. The food was great food but there were really only 2 options: the buffet and the steakhouse. We had to move rooms on the last night we were there because they "book rooms on a Saturday to Saturday basis" which I found a complete inconvenience. I booked the room through Sunday so they should have planned better for my reservation.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. One of our main goals is to have an effective communication with our guests. We are sorry we did not achieve this goal with you. We do have several themed nights at La Rotonda lobby bar. We also offer a special show on Tuesdays at the stage located on phase 2. This activities always end before midnight. Please accept a sincere apology for the inconvenience of switching rooms on Saturday. Our Inventory department works shoulder by shoulder with Guest Services department to avoid this situation as much as we can. We’ll keep on striving onto avoid this situation as much as possible. On the other hand, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed our access to the beach and that the hospitality of our staff and cleanliness of the facilities met your expectations. We sincerely hope that you give us the opportunity to show you how much we can improve by considering us for your next vacation to the Riviera Maya. Best Regards,
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great hotel, great staff"
Everything about this hotel was great. The food was really good, staff was amazing, and the hotel was very clean. No issues at all in pur time here, i would recommend staying here.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Cody, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about The Royal Haciendas. We are glad you enjoyed the dining options offered at our resort along with the hospitality of our staff and the cleanliness of our facilities. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the Riviera Maya. Best Regards,
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
cody
"Warm pool"
Stayed 6 days. Most of the staff friendly, but when they saw we had the all inclusive band, they became less attentive. Room was cleaned, well stocked, with good ac. Food in the buffet was consistent, but did not rock my world. Fish tacos at the snack bar were awesome! Dinner at the upscale restaurant, Los Murales was exquisite. The high premium items, like the lobster include a surcharge that is indicated in the menu. The desserts were works of art. The pools were very well maintained. The tile are around the pool was often slippery and posed a real safety hazard. Good idea to wear booties, flip flops with a good non slip sole. Mosquitoes were out in Force....and not responsive to Off or similar products. Staff not very helpful on that one. Wear long sleeves and long plants after dusk. Actives were plentiful, but low key. Night time entertainment and activities, quaint- seen higher quality elsewhere. Beaches, were easy to access, but not utilized due to excessive kelp and resulting smell and sand flies. Staff worked hard to clear the kelp, every morning, but it may just be that time of the year. Mamitas beach in playa del Carmen was more aesthetically pleasing. Good place to stay if you want something low key and hospitable.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
leslie
Did not receive a oceanview room even though that is what I paid for and the hotel was almost empty.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Unless you're a member don't bother staying here"
We stayed as AI guests, as soon as the staff sees the blue band they put on you they give you an attitude. The maids wouldn't clean the room and would put the do not disturb sign on the door to justify it. You can't pay for anything with cash, you have to put everything on the room to include any excursions you purchase. They only amazing staff members were Caleb and Marco, they were both amazing
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Very Nice Resort"
Overall, it was a pleasant and joyous experience for our family. The location is close to the airport and nice places to visit, especially the Xcarat park. The hotel location is well-secure...very safe. Staff members are friendly and very attentive to customers. Our room was always clean...with view of the swimming pool and the beautiful beach. A formal dinner at the steakhouse/seafood restaurant was a wonderful part of our stay at the hotel. Very classy, a real gourmet. We had a one-year old baby with us who got sick. The hotel's doctor was very prompt and quick in providing medical services. He even called twice to check on the baby. The baby started to get well the next day. (Thank you, Doc.)
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Castro Family
"NO OCEAN VIEW"
Overall, it was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay again but with some caution. I booked an "ocean view" room. I had no glimpse of the ocean from anywhere in my room. Not even close. I had a view of the courtyard from my patio, and from the front door it was a parking lot with bags of trash. I asked the front desk when I checked in and she said "we call all our rooms ocean view". I paid a lot to stay there and thought I would see the ocean from my room. Be sure you know what you are paying for. Also misleading was the "all inclusive" package. There were a lot of menu items that carried an upcharge and not all drinks were included. It was my first visit, so perhaps it's on me for being naive.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear P., Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our resort. The restrictions about the All-Inclusive package are included in Expedia’s website under the section ‘About the hotel’, so our guests have this information before they arrive to the resort. None of our rooms overlook the parking lot. However, some hallways (entrance to the villas) are next to our parking lot. One of our main goals is to communicate assertively with our guests and we are sorry to learn we did not achieve this goal with you. However, we are glad that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff and the paradisiacal environment by the Riviera Maya. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next vacation. Kind Regards,
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
P.
Not good Big problem of stuff that doesn't speek English...At all. The front desk people will not tell you the true...they will be sorry but no one will take any responsibility . They will switch your room...they will give you an opening but figure at list 5 hor. If you pushing them. A regular people ( if not time shere ) are secendery . Over all regular employe are good if they understand what you want...management are bad...( don't lost your key, it will cost you )no meters if you spending thousands of dollars. the sea weeds......guys the beach and water line are full of them. I don't blame them of cours, but it's over all problem at the all hotels. Other than that the facility is good,close to p.d.c witch for us was very important. Stay a way from time shere presentation it dosnt worth the money they ofer you,and it's take much longer, a day. I will not come back there and not recommend the royal hacienda to my friend. I like stuff and menagment that tell the true, and stay by that.....
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Ken, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We always strive to provide our customers with the highest satisfaction rates and we regret not achieving this goal with you. Our staff is continuously receiving training and courses to improve our service. English language is part of this continuous education program. Our resort is a mixed use resort and it does lend ourselves to a few challenges. However, losing the opportunity to completely satisfy our customers requirements for an excellent vacation experience is simply unacceptable. We're committed to take all the countermeasures required to avoid any of our customers to share this perception of us. Please accept a sincere apology. We look forward to welcoming you again. Warm Regards.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
ken
"Good hotel for family."
We stayed in this hotel for six days and we really enjoyed, the hotel is very nice, really clean and the service is excellent. The room we had was a junior suit with two beds, kinda small for me but it was ok, not very comfortable beds but they keep it really clean. The food is ok, not really good taste and not much variety.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Time Share Resort"
Overall we had a very good experience. Got tired of the Time Share sales. You are not obligated to take the 90 minute tour but they will give you discounts on excursions or a bill credit if you do the presentation. If you have not been before, as we had not, beware of the Mexican Airport. They have a line of people waiting for you as soon as you pass thru the customs. Time Share sales presentations that they claim are "not Time Share" in exchange for discounts on Excursions. The Mexican Airport is overpriced for anything you buy especially food. The people at the airport will try to lure you into receiving discounts for excursions to "visit" another property. The Royal Haciendas has a timeshare presentation as well but it is a little softer, not so much pressure. I do not like Time Share sales presentations but from the looks of things they do quite well selling "vacation packages".
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Ben
"Time share vs. All Inclusive?"
This property is both a timeshare and an all inclusive and because of that, they struggle with their identity. Very nice room. We got upgraded to a 2 room suite with an a ocean front view. It was gorgeous. The restaurant selection is limited, only 3 on property so if you enjoy your food, I would not recommend it! We had an all inclusive package which afforded us a wristband. Despite this, everything we did, they asked us for a room number, that was extremely annoying!
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Meena
"Good location, comfortable apartments"
Good for family. Restaurant Murales is awesome. All good for the price paid.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad you had an overall good experience and we'll focus on improving so during your next visit we can get a 5 stars review. Warm Regards
Andrea
"Great for family vacation"
We enjoyed our stay, great place! We stayed in a one room ocean view villa-very impressive.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Jeanette, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad to learn you've enjoyed your most recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Janette
"Cool place to take the kids"
The Good - the room was really nice - separate master, two Murphy beds in the living room, full kitchen, great patio (with hot tub) that led directly to the beach. Truly beachside. Staff was very polite and helpful. Food was well above average for an all-inclusive. Pools were clean and the grounds spotless. The spa was great (wife and I both enjoyed the massages) and it was cool that they didn't push the time share purchase. It's a big resort, but we didn't find it difficult to move around. The Bad - seaweed. Lots of it. The hotel did its best to remove the grass in an environmentally responsible way, but you're still left with loads of seaweed in the water. It's all over the Yucatan, so this isn't a compliant about the hotel.
"Very Average"
Overall, the rooms were clean, the food was good but not impressive, and the resort itself has some nice areas. Too many holes in the experience to rate it any higher than a low average. Very limited choice of restaurants as compared to other resorts we have visited, fairly continual pressure from our concierge to sign up for the time share/resorts presentation, and just enough shampoo/towels to get through the day. The pool bar staffers were great, but they got the most tips also. Coincidence? Otherwise, don't drink your first cup of coffee too fast at breakfast unless your willing to go get the second.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about your experience at The Royal Haciendas. We are sharing your comments with our food and beverage manager to ensure we can take advantage of your comments and improve on our opportunity areas. We hope to see you again soon during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Amber
"very nice resort with great staff members"
Wife and I traveled to the Royal Haciendas for 8 days. Arriving on Friday there was a potential of us moving rooms the next day (resorts with time shares work on Sat to Sat basis). Luckily the staff found us a very nice room for all 8 days without the need to move -- 4th floor with a very nice view of the Caribbean. Despite of what resort states, not all rooms are "ocean view". That's because several suites (1st or 2nd floor) have their views partially or fully blocked by palm trees or 1-story building here and there. The amenities were very nice and the quality of food was great (in my opinion). Some individuals may (and have) complain that there are relatively few dining options for an "all-inclusive" resort. That is rather true, but the restaurants (La Palapa or the Pool Bar/Grill) make up for the lack of quantity with quality. The food was always very good at the La Palapa and you've had a different theme every night, so there was variety. The reason I gave them 4 out of 5 stars was that the resort management did absolutely nothing with people reserving beach chairs around the main pool. Don't get me wrong, if there was a reservation policy in place, I would have no issue, but what was happening was that people were coming out at 8am (or earlier) and simply placing a towel on a chair and disappearing for hours. Hence, frequently there was 20-30 people present around the pool by noon, but often all 100+ chairs were all taken. Royal Haciendas -- PLEASE INSTITUTE A POLICY!
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Matt, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad to learn you had an overall good experience during your most recent visit to Royal Haciendas. We do have a policy regarding pool lounges, we're sharing your comments with security management to ensure a correct enforcement of this policy to avoid any of our future guests to share this perception. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Rooms were great. Hotel staff couldn't have been more accomidating. The dive shop on site (Dive Balam) was amazing. It was our first dive experience after getting certified. They made it an experience I'll never forget. We would definitely go back.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Corry, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad to learn you've enjoyed your experience at The Royal Haciendas and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Riviera Maya. Warm Regards
corry
"Excellent place for larger families"
This was our 2nd visit to Royal Haciendas and we love it! The two bedroom/2 bath is perfect for our family of five (kids 20yr, 18yr, 15yr). The food is good, the service is excellent and the facilities are beautiful! I totally recommend this resort!
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Teri, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad to learn you and your family have enjoyed your most recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. We hope to have the chance of welcoming you again during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Teri
"nice hotel, very confi, pool"
over all nice hotel near to Playa del Carmen, good activities for family and kids, good service, good food and the bar pool service very good.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
sebas
"Fantastic family value!"
Excellent we'll run resort that's perfect for families. The rooms and grounds are impeccable. There is an issue with seaweed on the beach.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great Resort, seaweed a pain."
Hotel was great... service excellent, room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel staff was great, and prompt. Pool facilities were great, daily events great, and Los Morales restaurant was very very good, great service, food was excellent, just remember to make reservation. Only bad part was the beach - because of seaweed, was not good, not much could be done - Mother Nature played a role. Would suggest though the hotel invest in a better clean up service... guys with wheel barrels never put a dent in the volume of seaweed. Stayed in Cancun last year, hotel had a machine that picked up the seaweed quickly, made entrance to ocean a lot better. heck, rent a dump truck and have the guys toss the seaweed in it and dump, repeat till beach is cleaned up. the wheel barrels isnt the way to do it. Overall, would definitely stay at hotel again.. good times! Thanks to the hotel staff, everyone was great!
"Huge rooms"
The Deluxe rooms are huge with hot tubs on the balconies. All have beautiful views and the grounds are spacious. Too much sea weed when we went. Couldn't swim in the sea because of that.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Wish the bar stayed open later for the adults. Along with the pool bar.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Great hotel and awesome staff...."
Went with wife and kids had a great time. Not alot of nightlfe in the area which is fine for us. All-inclusive is the way to go. Make sure to check out Los Murales Restaurant great food and presentation. My only piece of advice is to stay away from the time share presentation. They say it's only an hour. We ended up sitting there for 2.5 hrs... We did order get some free day trips /spa treatments out of it WOOHOO! But it was exhausting... Overall awesome trip and kids had a blast!
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
COOL
"Beach Paradise!"
This resort is amazing. It is a gorgeous resort that opens onto the beach. The rooms are awesome and very clean. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home. The food is very good also. The all inclusive package is worth every penny. There are a few things to know before checking in. First, you are required to put down a $500 deposit on credit card. This is released at the end of the week. Also, be careful not to get sucked in to a timeshare promotion. The hotel isn't pushy at all but does offer incentives for sitting thru a promotion. I recommend that you use a private Thomas Moore shuttle from and to the resort. The resort recommended it and I'm so glad we did. My husband and I loved this resort and plan to return with our kids next year.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
mommy4
"This is not all inclusive hotel - time share hotel"
We are all inclussive travelers and this was our 12th time in Mexico (third time with Expedia). This is NOT an all inclusive resort. All inclusive package is available but most hotel guests are on time share without all inclusive privileges. Staff asks for your name and room number every time you order anything, anywhere. THERE ARE NO SAIL BOATS IN THIS RESORT!!! Despite of what is written in Expedia website. Kayaks were barely available. Virtually no entertainment, 1 show during the whole week. The rooms were the best part, very clean, very well equipped and nicely furnished but we were not there to stay in the room!! Excellent service at the beach, they bring drinks and food when ordered all the time. The beach is very nice however if you like to swim in the ocean, the shore has many rock/reef areas.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"A Lacking All Inclusive Resort"
Stayed here 7-19 thru 7-26. Cold greeting upon checkin. Checkin slow even though properly staffed. Went to room, not serviced. Called to complain they said check in not till 4. Went to back after lunch. My Jr Deluxe Suite with oceanview was a room with a door between bedroom and kitchenette. Oceanview was oing on patio and turning 90 degrees to right to see ocean. Spoke with manager he informed me that is the room I purchased. I asked about checking me into a filthy room. He said that was for my convience. I said so you routine do that. He said that was for the guest convience. I barely got a apology so I assume this was there practice. Went to ocean with family. Got towels. You have to sign for them and if you don't reeturn them you will be charged. Finally made it to ocean, covered in seaweed. They did work hard clearing it. Unfortunately the beach is all rock and barely usable. The next day we went to pool. Put our towels on chairs and headed to the lobby to meet consierge. We were informed by security that if we gone to long that was abandoning our stuff and and they took the towels. Then you are responsible for. I informed him I was going to meet the consierge who requested us come over. When we got there I told about some of our problems like we only had 2 towels in our room for 4 of us. When I called to get more towels the said I could only have 3 based on my room. I told them that the room sleeps 4. The consierge fixxed this. The first time the room w
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Awesome all inclusive"
Pros: The staff was great. Waiters, bar tenders, maid, room service all treated you with great respect. They were awesome. The room we had faced the ocean (awesome views). The pools were great (many, big, and clean). The food was good, we tried everything except their "fancy" restaurant. Wifi signal existed through-out resort. Cons: People kept insisting on partying on the beach outside our villa late into the night. We had to call security several times to get them away from our room. Not really the hotel's problem, but still they could have kept a better watch on this. Buffet food was good but we kind of got tired of it after a week. Currently the Gulf of Mexico has sea weed washing ashore on all beaches. There is not much the hotel can do without totally breaking their bank, but it was a bummer not to see the clear blue waters that this area is known for. (FYI: The hotel did its best to try to clean it up a bit every morning). Even though you could get Wifi through out the resort, it was spotty at best. Our villa had an old style TV, which kind of sucked since I had taken our roku with us :-( Don't waste your time with the time share sales pitch. They are not pushy but I regretted wasting close to 3 hours on that.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
hiowatha
"Everything about the hotel was just perfect."
Just a great place to stay. Very clean and comfortable. The gardens within the complex are beautiful and the staff work hard to keep the entire place looking beautiful. Right on the beach which is well maintained with plenty of sun chairs and tables. Unfortunately the entire coast was troubled with seaweed at the time we were there.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Very good hotel overall."
It was an excellent hotel overall, except lack of live entertainment at night.
Response by The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We're glad to learn you've enjoyed your most recent stay at The Royal Haciendas. We are a resort with strong focus on families and rest quality. Nevertheless: we are adding some entertainment options for our customers. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Warm Regards.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015