All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chetumal / Pto. Juarez Highway, Km 289 10 Lote 2, Mz 70, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

We all loved this resort. The staff, food, drinks and cleaniness was better than most other all inclusive resorts that we have been to in the area.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Beautiful resort next to the beach"
resort, staff, and rooms were fantastic. Our family went over spring break and we loved the 2 big pools and the beach. Resort was 90-95% booked and we could manage to find chairs either by the pools or the beach. No getting up in the morning to reserve chairs. From the moment we checked in to the time we left 5 days later, our experience was great! Thank you staff!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Great Hotel rite on the beach!!!!"
This is a fantastic hotel my sister and I stayed here for a week,we were more then pleased. The hotel sits rite on the beach granted you cant walk out of your room onto the beach but about as close as you can get. The beach was well kept and a nice swimming area. Lots of beach chairs and huts to sit under plus several pools to choose from.The hotel pretty much quieted down by 8-9 at night which was fine with us it meant we could actually sleep and get up earlier to enjoy the day. I could not get over how hard every one worked to keep every thing so clean very impressed neither one of us had ever stayed at such a clean hotel. The staff was always friendly and willing to help you out. I also loved that we were a 3 mil walk into town from the hotel and could really take in the area on the walk,plus lots of cool shops
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great resort for families!"
We were very happy with our experience at The Royal Haciendas. From our amazing suite, to the food, pools, beach and staff, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect vacation. We did the all inclusive package and felt it was well worth the amount we paid for our week's stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Gina
"No teenagers for March break++++++"
Great resort. Was there last year and again this year. Can't wait to go back. 50+ crowd or very young kids. Perfect.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Great location on beach!"
Very clean and well appointed property. The staff was very helpful and prompt.The room was not cramped and very clean. The ocean was beautiful the sand was nice and not rocky and the beach chairs are very comfortable. The food was good. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others. The online photos on the website don't do the property justice, it's much more beautiful! Thank you so much! PS Gabriel at the front desk was great!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
CC
"The hotel is ok. Not great, not bad."
Beware-the ocean view rooms could be miles from the ocean!! I complained about our room and got moved to an ocean front room. The view was spectacular! Had we not been moved I would have been very unhappy about the hotel. PRO's- the beach, the view, the waiters and bartenders are awesome!, the food is ok CON's- ocean view rooms are NOT ocean view, only 2 restaurants, the hotel is massive, you can not swim in the ocean because of all the rocks, front desk people are not so nice, the beds were SO uncomfortable!! When checking out I asked how I could get our room again and I was told I would have to book through the hotel (which means no package deal). If I could get the same ocean front room I would go back. If not I would pick a different hotel.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Trtaci
"Great for Family's"
This resort is smaller then the other resorts we've been to in Mexico. We are used to giant buffets and many choices of restraunts. But the trade off was better quality here. Way better! The buffet was limited but the pool bar food and room service made up for it with leaps and bounds. Top notch food and service here. Beach service was awesome! All hotel staff was very friendly. We never had an issue finding a perfect spot on the beach though. This was our fifth trip to Rivera maya/ playa del carman area and this place was about as perfect as it can get. Very family oriented, so dont come here to party because you'll be partying alone. I did drink delicious mixed drinks all day everyday but just casual drinking. You can tell this place does not want the spring break parties here which is why we brought our 2.5 year old boy. He loved it and I'd say this place is very family friendly. The only downfall was sometimes we were given dirty looks from the time share owners. I hope some of you owners are reading this. It's not anybody's fault you bought a time share here and don't be mad when I'm ordering 12 drinks a day on the beach and enjoying some of the best food I've ever had. I paid for all inclusive for a reason. My family didn't let this bother us but some of the time share owners were just rude. We also tipped over $200 in ones to the staff and next time I go I'll tip more because they truly can make a vacation better then imagined. We will return here again at some point.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Josh
"A nice place. Won't be going back."
Overall a vacation is what you make it. We are not a property owner, rather we did this as an all inclusive. So, I think that singles you out and the staff focuses on you. Once you figure out all of their crazy rules you can feel a little more relaxed and at "home" as they say. An example - every morning the pool "security" would approach me and make sure I was reminded of the rules - you can't "reserve" your chair for more than 60 minutes, you can't play games (like chicken) in the pool, no tossing of any type of ball, kids can't come to the swim-up bar with you, etc. Other hotel rules were you can't order a can of beer (but you can go to your room and order a can of beer and bring it down). Seriously annoying and over the top. We made the best of it and still had fun - but do not plan on ever going back. The resort was very clean, food was wonderful.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
BergieFamBam
"Great Hotel and amazing staff!"
We booked this hotel based on the pictures and great reviews but when we arrived it actually surpassed our expectations, food was great, hotel is very nice and the best thing was the amazing staff! we will definitely come back to enjoy it again.
"Excellent friendly staff."
Excellent friendly staff, will certainly visit again.
jason
"Exceeds expectations!"
I strongly recommend The Royal Haciendas to anyone. From the moment you arrive you and see the interior of the resort you realize you are in paradise. From the cocktails to dinner all the food is delicious and there is variety for all palates. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming, we will definitely return!
JA
"Very nice hotel. Friendly staff."
Nice hotel with great staff. We enjoyed our stay of 5 nights and 4 full days. The pools were nice and given that this primarily a time share the guests were all very well behaved. The beach lacked a little with a lot seaweed and wind but it was still nice sit on the beach and enjoy the chair side service. The food was above average and they had a buffet theme every evening.
Jane
"Royal Haciendas"
Our experience in The Royal Haciendas was great from the first day to the last. Sincerely I have to recognize the great job every one of the staff is doing.I definitely will come back. Thanks !!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
George Chumas
"Could be better"
We had a good time on our trip but the resort had more cons then pros.It very clean and has a nice spanish architecture the staff is very nice and friendly.Beach is good and you can allways find chairs.The two pools are nice and the food is ok.Cons very hard bed mattress and bad pillows very loud air conditioner had to turn it off the hole trip.Only 1 buffet and 1 restaurant for dinner.Restaurant allways booked we only at there 1 time food is good but everything you order has a surcharge.This is a timeshare resort so for every drink or food you eat at buffet pool restaurant pick up towels for beach ect... yoy have to give them your room number your name it was very bad you have to wait a long time just to get a drink.No entertaiment zero so after dinner either go to bed or go to the city of Playa Del Carmen witch we did 4 nights out of 7.City is very good so i food and enertaiment.But what is the purpuse of paying for all inclusive when you have surchagees and have to go out to eat and have fun.Will not return to this resort but we will go back to Riviera Maya.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
risto
Drinks, food and accommodations were amazing. It gets quiet there at night but it was okay because you're tired by 8! Staff was super friendly and everything was always super clean. Carlos and raymundo at the swim up bar are the best! Definitely got our money's worth out of the all inclusive package!
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Another 10 days at the Royal Haciendas"
We decide to go back this year again to the Royal Haciendas for the comfort of the villa( full kitchen, separate bedroom, tub on the porch) and again we were pleased. We have not been bothered to buy timeshare at anytime, including last year. Our concierge was very good and helpful as usual(Carla). This is still a very good resort. But, the rules are less and less applicated. People started to put their towels on beach and pool chairs at 6am without being there until 11 am. This is something we did not see last year as the 60 minutes rule was in force. I feel the resort is going more and more towards full all Inclusive package. We notice also this year, that the buildings are starting to get old. We understand that maintenance is an everyday battle, but last year, I don't remember any maintenance issues. The food is still exactly the same, pretty good for a buffet with themes changing everyday(same as last year). The roomservice at no charge(except tips) is still up to par and pleasant to use at any time. If you don't feel to eat at the buffet, you can order ''a la carte'' menu for small fee. Steaks are awesome. About the card to get anything, this year, the servers and all did not asked for the card, but only for the room number which is an improvement.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
coachmorin
Excellent staff, well kept grounds. Only negative we found was the variety of places to eat. Despite the food woes, we'll be back.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
ben
"First time warm weather vacation and Mexico"
It was a great experience, super resort, comfortable, staff helpful, kind and attentive. Minor glitches but mostly nothing but wonderful things to say about our visit. We left the resort twice to parasail and to visit town. Shuttles, transfers, transitions smooth and safe. Loved it!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
karen
"Was ok"
It was nice vacation, but there no show in the evenings, no animation and terrible buffet in the big restaurant. The most memorable was time on the beach which was great and has very good service on it, also excellent kids club. Do not go to the main buffet, food is terrible, you have to stay long line to get a little piece of the"special" food like shrimps or fish. No fish dishes, just one night of the seafood. Buffet is sooooo little, no desserts, just terrible cake. We enjoy to to have Dinners in the les murares restaurant which was a la carte, we reserved it everyday. Food and service was excellent, waiters and manager were super pleasant and professional, also food is delicious. We were satisfied and our vacation was good. Be aware of time share people, they trying to get you every time.
natalie
"Totally worth it"
this was an amazing experience. Went for the all inclusive package and for the price that we paid, everything was amazing. The food was great, the drinks were amazing and definitely not watered down and the facilities were amazing. Definitely would come back again with the all inclusive package.
"terrible experience"
I pay for a room when I got there they give me a total different one no towels the room was ugly. The next day we book a trip to swim with dolphins after we pay they ever arrive we try to get the money back and the charge me 45 dollars for the retur. The hotel food was so bad lots of salt in everything my stay and vacation was really bad. Bad bad hotel, food, service, everything...
yessenia 26
"Mexican Partial All Inclusive"
Overall, this resort is wonderful. If you are wanting to get away and unwind without the head banging party music, this is the place. The facilities and grounds are beautiful. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We were first placed in a room that only had a palm tree view. I called the management and they gave us two other options. Although the furnishings in the side that we moved to was a little more dated, the view was spectacular. I have heard of nightmare behavior in some "adults only" resorts. You won't get that here. This is a family friendly resort. The guests were very nice and easy to meet and converse with. There aren't a great deal of activities after 5:00 pm, so you might want to research evening activities in Playa. You will have to work it in order to get reservations to Los Morales Restaurant. I recommend telling them that you paid good money and you wish to eat there at least one or two times. If you reserve for the early seating, you will have a better chance. (You may even walk in at around 5:30pm. This is early, but the food is much better than at the other restaurant.)
Ballard Family
"Nice resort with beautiful beach, amazing service"
We booked here after a recommendation from a friend, and were not disappointed at all. Great, clean room, amazing views, friendly helpful staff and great food. My only surprise was this is mainly a timeshare resort, the all inclusive option is a new market for them. So there are prices listed on most things and a few surcharged items not included in the "all inclusive" option. However, this wasn't a damper on our vacation at all, just something to note. Overall, A++ vacation!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Ellen
"Friendly staff, excellent food and facility!"
Had an amazing time! Great clean place. Excellent location! Amazing bartenders.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Tiff
"this is the second time at this hotel. wonderful"
the hotel staff is so helpful and friendly. The food is very good and the drinks are great. Love it there
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
sandy
"Great place!"
We loved the resort! It was exactly what we hoped for when we booked!
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Just spent a great week at this hotel. The service was wonderful, never waiting for a drink especially at the pool bar. Carlos and Raymundo at the pool bar were great. The buffet was ok, it was hit or miss but overall it was good. No nightlife at this hotel so if that's what you are looking for go elsewhere. The beach is rocky but very clean. You cant really swim and if you do id recommend watershoes and the rocks can be sharp. They do a great job of cleaning the seaweed daily. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Wonderful rooms, facilities and food"
We are a family of three (adults) and stayed for four nights in a deluxe room. The room was incredible, so much so that we kind of felt like just staying in there the entire time. It was extremely well kept and tidy, the furniture arrangement and colors are welcoming and comfortable. The same can be said about the rest of the hotel facilities, although in some parts of the buildings a new coat of painting wouldn't do any harm. The staff was, in general, really friendly and polite, although there were a couple of isolated occurrences when they were a bit rude; nothing so bad as to ruin the day, however. The beach is beautiful, with white, soft sand. The sea has a bit of seaweed in it, but there are clearly delimited zones where the weeds have been cleared and they're nice for bathing. In our opinion, one of the highlights was the food. We enjoyed the buffet so much, that we didn't even bother going out for dinner anywhere else. Every night, food of a different culture will be prepared, and there is enough variety for all tastes. The hotel feels really quiet most of the time; there aren't any huge crowds walking around, we found it strange at first, but learned to enjoy the quietness and sense of privacy that came with it. The concierges do a great job of helping you plan trips and activities for your stay (Thank you Jacqui!). We went snorkeling in Puerto Morelos and did an express trip to Tulum, as well as visited downtown Playa del Carmen. Overall an amazing experience!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Luis
"A home away from home"
Me and my girlfriend went there for our winter vacation trip and we just booked this hotel after reading some reviews. All the positive reviews are spot on and I would recommend you staying there if the description sounds like it fits your needs. It is a membership property and you will be asked to take part in a presentation and for this they give you discounts on excursions and a credit to use as you wish. I was skeptical at first bc who wants to sit in on a time share sales mtg. Well, the management there did a great job, it was not forced or salesy at all. We even became members - as they have various flexible options available. Have a great time and remember to BE ON VACATION.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Johnny
"Loved it!"
We stayed at the Royal Haciendas from 2/21-2/28/2015. Our suite was spacious and very clean. The landscaping and pool areas were beautiful. We enjoyed the food at the restaurants and poolside grills. The drinks were good and readily available. This was our first time to stay in an all inclusive and we loved it! We are making plans to return sometime soon!
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Well maintained, not overcrowded, time share avail"
All inclusive is the way to go if you plan on doing most of your eating and drinking at resort (one restaurant, one buffet, 2 pool side cafes)...which can get mundane after 5 days so having different theme nights at buffet was nice. Short ride to downtown Playa del Carmen, 30-45 minutes to some Mayan ruins and Cancun. Clean, well kept facilities and private beach... Was better than most others we saw when walking to other resorts. Great place
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
John & Tiffany
"Wonderful"
We stayed 5 days in February 2015 and had a wonderful time. The resort/property/beach is very nice. Our room was very nice and clean. My only complaint with the room is that I booked and paid for an "ocean view" room, and you could barely see a little sliver of the ocean. Very disappointing. We had no problems getting a cabana on the beach. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Although we did notice that the staff who spoke the worst English were at the front desk...Speaking of the front desk...When you first arrive to the resort and check in they ask you to place $300 on your room. EVERYTHING is charged to your room. You cannot pay in cash or credit card for anything. It is all charged to your room. We booked 2 excursions the very first day so that wiped out our $300 then when we tried to buy some sunscreen in the hotel store they wouldn't let us pay the $10 for it in cash because they will only let you charge it to the room. We had to go back to the front desk and add more money to our account/credit card just to buy the dang sunscreen. We ran into this problem several times during our stay and it was a huge pain in the neck! Definitely the worst part about the service. Other than the inconvenience of having to go to the desk every time you wanted to purchase anything (that includes excursions, spa, transportation, anything in the store) we didn't have any other complaints with the resort. The food was wonderful.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Kayla
"A very good (not excellent) family resort."
An excellent value for money for families with kids. We are in Mexico about 3 times a year aiming to stay at 4+ Star hotels (not 5 star true ultra luxury properties). This would go as a solid 4 star all-inclusive that scores 5 stars in certain categories (eg room). Below are some pros/cons of this property: Pros 1. Excellent room. You get a spacious two room suite, so kids can sleep in a separate room. Fully equipped kitchen and nice large terrace with whirlpool. Rooms are clean and updated 2. Kids club. Free kids club from 9am to 6 pm. Our kids refused to leave and chose to completely ignore our requests for attention 3. Beach/location are good and on par for similar locations in playa Things to improve 1. Service. It's ok but not great. Nobody is rude and staff is generally friendly. At the same time, you would not get a proactive service that we got to love about Mexico. Just to give you a flavor, a poolside waiter would probably show up twice during 3-4 hour span by the pool (not life threatening, but not great if you want that extra margarita or bottle of water). This applies across the board, don't expect to be "pampered" 2. Food alternatives Main restaraunt is good and offers plenty of alternatives (if you are not expecting miracles). It is however pretty much the only choice in the vicinity of the hotel, as the other restaurant is by reservation only, and it is small and getting a booking at a reasonable time would require more effort than it is worth
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Max
"Okay place, but there are a few things to consider"
Went all-inclusive. Arrived on Monday and put in a beachfront unit, building I in the corner of the complex. Great room. No complaints at all. On Saturday, we had to move to a new room because of the time-share people coming in and whatever. Not a big deal itself. We knew about it up front. However, the way the resort manages the move is bad. I was moved to Building F, which stinks. It is in the middle of the resort and faces no water. It is noisy. It reminds me of some average motel. I can hear every cart clicking along on the tile surface. It was made worse by the fact that we were on the east end by the Palapa del Sol restaurant. Nothing but noisy carts, slamming hotel doors, kids yelling, and the whole deal. I do not recommend any room that's not on the beach. Get a beach room guarantee up front, in writing. Staff was always polite and courteous. Service was hit-or-miss on the beach and at the pools. Some days the waiters were timely and responsive. Some days you'd go an hour without seeing a soul. That was annoying. Place is clean. Patrons include lots of families and older retired people. Do not come if you want to party after 11 pm. You will be disappointed.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Manny
"Very nice atmosphere as a whole"
Wonderful experience. Lacking a choice of restaurants.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
marina
"A Perfect Vacation"
Everything about this vacation was perfect. When we got off the plane in Cancun we were ushered to our hotel by Canada Transfers (who had ice cold beverages awaiting us). Arriving at the Royal Hacienda at 11:45a, much earlier then check in time (4p), we were given our all inclusive wristband and told to help ourselves to lunch and check back in 2 hours. Our room was ready and it was beautiful and so clean! We found the staff friendly and helpful. Caleb our concierge was very helpful and Casiano the bartender was the best! The food was plentiful and very good. The beach was amazing! Only a few minutes away to downtown Playa del Carmen. We rented a car from Alamo in town and traveled to Talum, Akumal and Cozumel. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Debbie
"Fabulous place!!"
Loved everything. I have read some posts that complained about the food, don't know how they possibly could have. Everything was great. The fine dining restaurant was unbelievable, best restaurant I have ever ate at. Staff were all wonderful. Carlos and Raymundo are the best bartenders ever!!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Jon
Nice hotel. Limited restaurants and eating choices
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Nice hotel. But not an all inclusive hotel."
The whole point is that this hotel is not a real all inclusive hotel in the way everybody Understand, for example Riu, Barcelo. Etc. On the other hand is a really nice hotel for families With kids. The food is well made and the staff are friendly. Everything looks well maintained.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
young couple.
"Nice Place, Good service but need some renovations"
In few words , furnitures are old , I had visited the resort , 8 years ago , now I found the same furnitures . The TV is very old and the most important to me , WiFi is not so good either. Service is good and the beach is very nice. I´d got some troubles with the ¨Thomas More¨ travel Agency at the Hotel . They show me some pictures about an excursion to Xixen-Itzá with people at a bus, with seats so spacious for legs and a very special service with foods and beverages. Then we received , a very good service at guide , but not about the bus and the room for my legs , that´s very important to me with 6 1/2 ` tall. The situation to take an excursion with no room to go confortably was very disappointing to me.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Gabriel
"Another fabulous stay..."
This was our 3rd year returning to The Royal Haciendas. We absolutely love it there. The staff is wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, and the atmosphere is so relaxing. This year we were a group of 9 (including 3 kids) and we had a blast. Loved having Playa Board Sports on site! We took paddle board lessons and took the kayaks out with the kids. Can't wait to return!
Erin
Great Resort! Views were great and rooms were very large. We booked here as a friend is timeshare owner here. We traveled with 7 couples and had a great time.
pawelcn
"Beautiful beach and views"
Very relaxing stay clean rooms and grounds wonderful food and service amazing beach and pools. Can't wait to go back.
bill
Great place in a beautiful location and for a great price. Highly recommended!
"Great time--great beach!"
The vacation exceeded expectations. Booking through expedia was a great decision and everything worked out really well. We walked along the beach everyday and in comparison the beach at the Royal Hacienda was far superior to all the other spots we saw. The food was great, room service was quick. Drinks were ample. The all-inclusive, in my opinion, was the way to go. Beach service was prompt, and most everything about the hotel staff was great. They were all very friendly and helpful. The style of the room was nice. It's not a 5 star resort but it serves its intended purpose in a pleasant way. We were told the beds were queens but they were full-sized. Paddle boarding was not included in the all-inclusive, though we were led to believe it was. Kayaking is included. The pools were beautiful and warm, but the beach is where you should spend the entirety of the trip. Eat at Los Murales for sure and breakfast at La Palapa Del Sol on the patio was beautiful!
Hannah
"Beautiful property. #paradise"
Everything about our experience was WONDERFUL. Hotel staff treated us like royalty. The food was delicious. The only downer was that there were several little bugs in our room. We have stayed at Royal Haciendas 3 other times and did NOT have this problem.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great for families"
A family focused resort which had everything we were after. We didn't leave the resort and lounged by the pool or on the beach.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great resort to relax!!"
We went to relax and we can both say: mission accomplished! Great staff, always smiling. We got two staff who were rude, but everyone has an off day. The pool was our favorite area, as we felt so well taken care of by all those who worked there. It was nice to see that it was also family oriented and it gave us ideas with our families :) Great place, great food, great drinks and great service. We are going back!!!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
S-M S
"Great amenities, close to beach, family friendly"
Property is very well maintained, clean, spacious, HUGE..! This was our first time in Playa. Family vacation with my husband and two kids. The food is excellent, the pools are large and you are close to the beach. Really can't walk anywhere, like to town, must take a taxi or shuttle. Shuttle is not free.. We booked all our excursions thru the agency in the lobby, Thomas Moore Travel. Very convenient.. Pool towels provided.. great drinks! Don't forget to tip, tip, tip...not included in the all-inclusive package!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015