All hotels in Ruemlang, Switzerland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereHofwisenstrasse 30, Ruemlang, ZH, 8153, Switzerland, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Excellent for the price"
The hotel provides all you need for a short stay in Zurich. The airport shuttle goes every 30 minutes from and to the hotel which allows you also to take the public transport at the airport to go e.g. for a short stay in Zurich center or other locations. The rating is based on the hotel classification which for the price deserves an overall excellent rating. Also nice is that just around the corner their are some shops and fast food restaurants.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Markus
"Worst Check in and Rudest staff...!"
I have been travelling in the world even in China or Bangkok but this was the worst staff I have ever encountered. They were not help at all and VERY RUDE. Switzerland is a tourist country and you would expect people in the service industry to be friendly. The shuttle service driver was the worst person I have ever met in Switzerland. He is tall and bald man with bad manners. Location is walking distance from Rail station and grocery market. Hotel was clean but not good enough sofa bed. Main thing is worst staff. I would never stay in this hotel even for free.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Leos
"Convenient Zurich airport hotel."
Convenient and comfortable airport hotel to conclude Switzerland holiday.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Hal
Disappointed that we had to pay extra to park our car. Staff at reception and breakfast not too friendly.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
T of CO
All were very helpful? Dining in the restaurant was just OK. Breakfast was good.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Airport hotel"
Close to airport, easy to transfer to and from the hotel
Other trip May 20, 2014
sreekant
"very clean notel"
satisfied & comfortable very clean near air port very good rate
Other trip May 19, 2014
sam younan
"Stop Over Before Airport"
Perfect place to stay before an early morning flight.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Christine
"The hotel staff were especially accommodating."
Very positive. Staff was especially helpful. Room was clean. Internet offered as a bonus.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Inconsiderate staff"
We came a few days before daylight savings. There was no notice or sign to alert the guests about the change in time. As tourist, we were completely unaware of this. Luckily we realized this when we were an hour late for breakfast and not our flight home. Other hotels we've stayed at always notified us or posted signs on the lift or entrance. Very inconsiderate.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Megan
"can not cancel"
Suggest you don't use Hotels.com if there is a remote chance you will not make it. The non cancel policy is well hidden until after you have paid. There was a pilot's strike.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Close to the airport"
I choose this hotel , for the proximity of my meeting, it was in Winterthur, so 20 min by car - the hotel its well located, near to the airport, the have a shuttle for the dowtown, so you dont need to worry how to take the trains and etc... but probably will be easy as weell, after all you are in Switzerland So for a overnight or two days , ok
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Rodrigo
"Comfortable hotel"
Friendly staff & near to airport, good price & good food
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Good Option for Overnight in Zurich"
This is an option for an overnight stay at Zurich airport , the price is very good compared to other Swiss Hotels. There is a free shuttle which runs very regularly , the staff are great - very friendly professional and efficient. The dinner in the restaurant was good, but of course Swiss prices. The rooms are clean and good size but the bed for me is far to soft and I finished up sleeping on the floor. So for me I could not come back here until beds are upgraded as even though I had a very early flight it was not a good rest. The hotel has everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express but please - better beds
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Good price, Near the airport"
Simple but comfortable enough if you need to stay near the Zurich airport. The rooms are clean, and you get everything you need at a very, very reasonable price for Switzerland. Again - only book this hotel if you are attending a near-by conference or if you need to stay close to the airport.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Convenient budget hotel for Zurich"
Zurich, a great city, is also one of the most expensive in Europe. Checking for hotels, many wanted something on the order of 30 US dollars for breakfast. So I found this one, at a very reasonable price, with breakfast included. And it was more than generous considering it was included. Quite good, in fact. The Rumlang S-Bahn station is a five minute walk to the hotel, and if one is out late on a Friday or Saturday night, the return trains run once per hour all night. This was a great base to enjoy Zurich, if one cannot afford to be in the center of town.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
ALK
"convenience to the airport"
Good value for the money, but that's only because it's extremely cheap. Close to the airport, but a horrible breakfast buffet. Very understaffed, particularly the restaurant area.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
"Hotel near the Zurich Airport"
We stayed here because it was cheaper than hotels closer to the city and there is a train stop nearby. It is easy to use the train but cost about 12 euro per person even though it is only 4 stops from the city center. The hotel staff, who all spoke English, was able to direct us how to use the train. If the hotel offered a shuttle into the city they did not say anything about it. I might have been better to pay a little more to stay closer to the city and use one of the metro-type trains.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
"Great Breakfast and shuttle"
We were only there one night as we had to catch an early flight. The shuttle service worked well and the breakfast included in the room rate was very good. Overall a happy stay.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
The room is ok..quite clean. However, the services are lower standard. The guy at the bar needs to be at the cashier, bartender sometimes also a reception! Everything was slow when it came to dinner at the bar. Long line cause lacking good management. The quality of the food is lower standard as well compared to the high prices. I didn't want to eat there when I saw the prices but I thought it was my last day in switZerland and I wanted to use all my swiss currency so I was fine but the quality of the food frightened me. I ordered Caesar salat but what I got was just a cut lettuce with cheese and bacon with salat dressing. My partner ordered chips which wasn't even cooked! Moreover, we booked the shuttle bus to the airport early morning which was a famous time for customers to go to the airport so it was full. My boyfriend was asked to stand in the van for 10mins to the airport! Once we passed the police he had to sit down on the floor otherwise the driver had to pay fr.200! I don't see the reason why they accept customers when they know that the van can contains a certain number! Or if it's full why can't they provide one more van or use a bigger bus! It was my worst stay ever! Ruined my good mood from holidays in Zurich!
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Great Place to Stay for a night or two"
Hotel was clean, complimentary breakfast was solid. You are not really close to anything but there is a bus station close by that you could use to go to a main transit area. Room is kinda small especially if you are travelling with two kids but it worked out.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2013
"Understaffed! Underserved!"
Hotel shuttle left a family with a baby in freezing cold for thirty minutes because they lack capacity to service ALL of their customers. Check in was a nightmare with too many people and no proper queue. Restaurant/bar was being staffed by 2 people to serve around 80 diners. Needless to say there was a wait. Basically the hotel was very busy and all services were dysfunctional. IMO if business is booming you should probably hire some staff. I guess Holiday Inn disagrees. Otherwise it was typical of a Holiday Inn Express.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2013
Chase
"review"
The hotel was close to the airport, which was great. There was a McDonald's Restaurant across the street which was great also. There are not very many Restaurants close to our hotel. The staff said in town, there were more. I asked about restaurants, one of the young ladies at the check-in desk made a reservation for us at an Italian restaurant, which was nice. I asked later from our room, if they could give us a good morning wake-up call, so we would be sure to be up to not be late for our airplane flight. They said they do not do this. This is disappointing, and some customers would really appreciate this, especially if they are very tired and don't have much time between flights. Could you please consider this for your customers? I know it would be greatly appreciated. Also, one other young lady behind the check-in desk with blond hair said she could not call to cancel our reservation,( because I knew we would not be able to make it because we were so tired) but, I didn't understand because one young lady with brown hair was so gracious to make the reservation, and the other one would not call for us. If we would have used the hotel phone, it would have cost us money, and even from our room, it would have cost money for a phonecall. Did not understand this, so the restaurant at your town in Zurich lost money because she would not call to cancel the reservation. Other than these two things everything was great. Breakfast was very good. We really enjoyed the local food.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
Kari
Familiy with 2 small children stayed one night. The hotel is neat, clean and agreable. The room was small but very comfortable for 1 night. The included breakfast was agreable and largely furnished. Unfortunately we had to pay 17CHF extra as parking fee, as there was no other possibility to park the car (not possible to anticipate). Service was nice although I would have highly appreciated if a Zurich map would have been available.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Good neighborhood for walking !"
Enjoyed the area.. especially the local rest. Romanica Breakfast was good. and fact of being included. Glad we located your Hotel this time.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2013
Stan Ingman
"Closest place to an American experience"
Overall, this hotel is a good place to stay if you are grabbing a flight in the morning. The only negative thing I could say, the staff during the day seemed very misinformed and rude compared to the staff working at night. It may have been due to arrogance or simply an inability of the day staff to grasp the nuances of American culture and language. I normally wouldn't care except for the fact that a majority of the hotel guests seemed to be American. Also, beware of the Internet! I would definitely give them another try.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Good airport Hotel. Staff unfriendly"
The mechanics of the Hotel are all great. Clean, quiet, comfortable, and close to the airport. The staff however was very unfriendly. Everyone from the airport shuttle driver, to the desk staff, to the bartender, acted as though they were doing me a favor by working there. Check-in staff barely made eye contact, and did NOT help me sign up for a morning shuttle (which I found out the next day was required.) The bartender took 20 minutes and 3 requests to get a drink for me (the bar had only a few people there,) then LEFT without giving me any means to pay my tab. I had to get someone from the front desk to come over to total my bill so that I could go to bed. I'm not sure whether I caught them on a bad day, or whether this is typical, but if I were managing this staff, I'd schedule some training about hospitality.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
"Good services"
The hotel was very comfortable and clean. Room was well equipped with everything needed. Breakfast was OK, but it is cleared away promptly at 10:00!!! I will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
Jim L.
The hotel was great, especially for getting to the airport early. We tried to have dinner on our one night there and it was chaotic and unorganized. We went to the radisson across the street which was much nicer but expensive. Holiday inn should take a few tips from them on restaurant service. The free breakfast was good.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Very Far from Down Town"
The hotel is good, its very expensive to come from downtown by taxi.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Kumar
"very poor front desk staff except Mr Julian"
The hotel is far from the city. The only access to public transport is train station which is 5 minutes walk from the hotel. No bus or tram service. They have shuttle service from & to the airport which is quite reliable. Reasonable facilities and break fast. Front desk staff is very disappointing. One guy was only interested in dispensing beer to his customers and getting tips from his customers. he kept us waiting for 10mts at reception when we arrived at the hotel at 06:00pm
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Tris
"Nothing to write home about"
Room was ok, nothing great. Disappointed most in the shuttle service...had to wait at the airport for an hour...and the limited internet service. Complimentary internet is for a mere 30 minutes!!! Then the charges for internet thereafter are highly exorbitant.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Wunderbar!"
We liked the young dark haired waiter at breakfast who responded to our needs..answered questions and helped at finding things.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
Lilikoi
"Perfect for an overnight layover"
Very convenient for an overnight layover, just 5-10 minutes from the airport with free airport shuttle and very nice breakfast included. Room was a bit tight for 2 adults with 2 children, but for one night, it was fine.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
Liz
"Adequate hotel close to the airport"
Overall, I was pleased with the Holiday Inn Express. The bus shuttle was excellent, the room quiet, despite overlooking the street, and the breakfast was fine. I found the hotel personnel who were there during the day (I arrived around 11:00 AM) helpful and friendly. This was not so of the night staff. One woman in particular (She seemed to be in charge of the bar and restaurant) had a real attitude (not a good one). In addition, she was not well informed. She suggested I might go to a restaurant about a ten minute walk from the hotel, and even get a discount if I showed my Holiday Inn key. This was on a Saturday night. I did walk there, only to find they were closed on week-ends. Also, I tried unsuccessfully to get an extra blanket for my room.One request was totally ignored, when I called a second time, after waiting 30 minutes, I was told they were busy and I'd have to wait another 20 minutes. Since I had an early plane to catch I chose sleep over warmth.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Great for ZUR airport convenience"
Basic Holiday Inn Express comfort. One of the few hotels in Europe with a coffee service in the room which is nice. Super convenient to the airport and the shuttles run fairly on time. Not close to many restaurant options, but the hotel is food is OK in a pinch. Stayed here before, probably will again.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2013
JT
"Dissappointing stay"
Arrived at the hotel a little late (about 9:30PM) and was told only smoking rooms were available. This was dissappointing, add to that the kitchen was closing soon. The meal was satisfactory, but the staff was less than willing to help. The next morning the breakfast was less than satisfactory with slow service and it wasn't very clean. I won't be staying here again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Family trip to Swiss"
It was OK. The room was somehow small. The check in time should be a little bit earlier.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Ali
The Holiday Inn Express was fantastic! They provided an air port shuttle at no cost, breakfast included as well as a shuttle to the city for a fraction of the cost of a cab/taxi. The hotel was spotless, the breakfast was delicious, the staff was extremely helpful. I travel extensively and would recommend this hotell 200%.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Maria
Just okay
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Very good for anyone using the airport in Zurich.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice, Modern Hotel"
Everything was great. Nice staff, close to the airport. Good included breakfast. Very modern hotel. Highly recommend it.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Unfriendly bad experience - poor Customer Service"
We booked this hotel due to Holiday Inn brand. We could see people at reception rude while talking to the customers while I am in queue. Breakfast service closes at 10am and even before few minutes restaurant worker was trying to clear all items. A lady took a tea bag in a cup and restaurant worker did not allow her to fill water into the tea bag because it is 10am already. Guest was very upset at the humiliation in front of others and probably lost her day in this thoughts. If the restaurant management do not fix these issues, it will definitely lose lot of customers. Decent facility with very bad service.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
S Chand
"Convenient location near the airport"
This is a very nice hotel for the price. Very clean and great service. Convenient location near the airport.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
K
"Good hotel for access to Zurich airport"
The staff there was great and spoke great english which was very helpful. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport every half hour which was really great. The rooms were ok. The breakfast was good. There is a subway sandwhich shop and a market within easy walking distance. The restaurant is open in the evenings, but was kind if expensive, but then again pretty much everything in Switzerland is kind of expensive. I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Dean
"For the price, can't be beat."
Free shuttle to and from airport, breakfast (decent), and extremely friendly, accommodating staff.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Wonderful hotel near airport"
This hotel was one of the best, very clean, equipped with everything somebody needs, wonderful breakfast and very good price.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"easy airport access"
The hotel was conveniently located "just around the corner" from the airport, making the trip to and from no effort at all. The complementary van service is lovely and the ease of check-In and check-out is wonderful. The open lobby makes it easy to keep an eye on the van service while enjoying meals or a drink.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Liz
"Ok for the price."
Stayed there only one night before took of flight for US. Did not care the room was small. Good breakfast. Shuttle ride was little long but that is ok. It was just one time so did not bothered me. Room was small but clean. Shower door had no lock but that was ok. Front desk was bit rude need little bit work. I was tired after long travell so was not exactly in mood for their jokes. Anyway overall it was positive experiance.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Unreliable"
I'll start off positive and say that we were pleasantly surprised to learn that the breakfast buffet was included in the price of the meal and that it was an excellent breakfast. On the downside - it advertises free wifi, but fail to tell you it's only 30 minutes per room and then you have to pay. Also, the shuttle is unreliable and the staff not truthful. We confirmed that the shuttle would be running the day we arrive and waited over an hour for it. We then had the Tourist office at the train station call to find out what was going on and were assured it was on it's way. After another hour of waiting we finally took a cab which cost us $55. When we got there they told us the shuttle wasn't running that day due to it being a holiday of some sort. They also told us that we could have to pay $5 per person for the "complimentary" shuttle the next morning. The next day, they finally agreed to waive the $5 fee but then told us the shuttle was broken and had been for over a week. After much discussion, they did pay for our cab back to the train station.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2013