All hotels in Ripon, England, United Kingdom
Swinton Park, Masham, Ripon, England, HG4 4JH, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
Excellent stay. wonderful walks on the estate. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Exceptional service in the restaurant and rooms. I would recommend the Hotel to relatives and friends. I look forward to another visit in the near future.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013

"A wonderful place in an exquisite environment."
A very friendly, professional environment Jonah in the restaurant was excellent along with David the porter. Go here and be very impressed.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
shaun willis
"Absolute Bliss"
Everything we expected and more! From reading reviews and looking through the photos we expected a luxury stay and we were not disappointed, it was perfect! From the staff to the room to the food, it was all amazing and certainly worth every penny! I can also highly reccomend a visit to the spa :)
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Ryan
"Superb"
Stayed at this hotel, and what a fantastic experience it was. From the moment of arrival, the staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. The grounds and amenities were excellent, spent several hours just walking the grounds looking at the herds of deer, the Falconry centre, and the various lakes. Can not praise the whole package offered enough.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Comfortable,relaxing,good service when you got it, need more organised staff.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"A very warm and friendly hotel, a pleasure to stay"
You felt part of the hotel as soon as you arrived, wonderful
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"old world charm"
From the minute you drive through the gates you feel it is going to be a unique experience. It is a lovely building and it is old with antiques. Grounds are beautiful with the deer. We had dinner and it was excellent, staff were all very friendly which made you comfortable as some of these high class places can be a bit toffee nosed and a bit off putting but you didn't feel like that here. Restaurant manager was very fussy so standards were high and he catered for your every need above and beyond. It is expensive so it isn't a everyday hotel but it is worth spoiling yourselves now and then. I think children are accepted but I personally wouldn't take mine as I think they would get bored and feel uncomfortable in the restaurant.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Jules
"Wonderful English hotel"
Beautiful rooms, excellent staff, very extensive grounds with an amazing wildflower garden, lakes, deer herd, hawk and owl centre. Definitely would go back.
"Giod service"
Nice quality hotel
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Swinton Park Castle Hotel"
First off I have to admit we booked this hotel through Expedia at a astonishing low price, so my review has to be based mostly on that fact. Swinton Park is impressive as you drive through the gates and up to the entrance, where the concierge will take your bags for you while you park. We had a easy check in and were shown to our rooms, we had 4 of the Dukes bedrooms, each equally impressive, very large, and fantastically equipped ( I mean complimentary whiskey!). There are some tiny issues with both room and general hotel areas that could be addressed regarding décor, but as with any hotel of this size it must be in constant maintenance. The grounds are beautiful and a pleasant walk, we also enjoyed our Bird of Prey experience and Spa treatments booked via the hotel. Breakfast was good, a wide choice of cereals, pastries, jams, fruit etc plus the cooked breakfast (vegetarian option was very good), all served in the impressive dining room by attentive staff. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Swinton Park hotel, although we must admit if we had to pay full price it might have been a tad on the expensive side.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
DPG
"Died and gone to heaven"
Best hotel I've ever been too. Far better than the 5star chain hotels.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Wow was amazing"
The staff were great the location amazing really great time
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"spa"
Very good. enjoyed it with my fiancée. The food was amazing. The spa was good as were the massages. Will definately book there again
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Outstanding"
A wonderful and relaxing time in beautiful surroundings
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Luxury hotel with great service"
Its a great stay with no fault. The location is just nice for a retreat and if it gets bored, you can easily drive 5mins downhill to grab a bite or some shops. The hotel service is excellent and we slept well in the room. Its a dream come true for staying in a castle. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2013
SS
SG
"Grandour"
This is a lovely hotel in a very nice place in north Yorkshire. Everything was great and lots to do and see. One minor comment, breakfast servings were not as efficient as dinner.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Roddy
"A holiday to remember"
There were 6 people in our party,all over 75 years! We all had a very good time and the hotel gave us all the help that we needed. All the requests were dealt with promptly.The food in the fine dining restaurant was very good indeed. We were able to visit many places in the area,and had a warm welcome when we returned. I would recommend this hotel to any age,but mainly couples.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Doreen
"Oh my goodness AMAZING"
Wow, the most amazing experience ever. Surroundings are breathtaking rooms spacious and luxurious everything was just perfect. Staff couldn't do enough for you and the little touches were very special. Would go back in a heat beat, best hotel stay I have ever experienced.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2012
Tash

"お城に泊まって王侯貴族の気分を味わう"
高速道路からかなり離れており、ナビゲーターなしでは、探すのに苦労します。ホテルは古城ホテルの雰囲気を伝え、特に環境が素晴らしかったです。敷地は広大で、野生の鹿が多数棲息し、鷹やミミズクを飼育しているほか、敷地内の池、沼には水鳥が泳ぎ、芝生のいたるところにうさぎが跳ねています。食事、サービスは行き届いていますが、ホテルの部屋の設備は今一つで、冷蔵庫がなく、またバスタブにお湯をいれるのにかなりの時間がかかりました。鍵を部屋の内側からかけられないため、夜9時半を回ってから、ベッドメーキングにハウスキーピングの係りがカギを開けて入って来て、時差ボケで早寝をしていたため、びっくりしました。
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
JP
"素晴らしい自然の中にある歴史を感じさせられるお城のホテル"
クッキングスクール併設だけあって、お料理も期待できるホテルで、パンもとても美味しい。 特に、朝の焼きたてのクロワッサンは、フランスでいただいているように最高に美味しかった。 朝のエッグベネディクトも気品あるお味で美味しかった。 古い由緒ある建物ですから、シャワーの水圧がよければもう言うことなしのホテルといえるでしょう。自然の中の空間は、綺麗な空気と水の美味しさで、心身ともにリラックスできるホテルです。
Emiko
RONALD

TripAdvisor reviews for Swinton Park

"Birthday treat"
08/26/15 Tracy D
My partner treated me and my daughter to a birthday treat. Fair to say we were overwhelmed with what a stay we had. My daughter had a lesson at the cooking school, and we were treated to a private spa for an hour. The food is amazing and the staff couldn't do enough. Felt we were staying in a stately home rather than a hotel. Never once needed to say who we were all the staff knew us and what we needed. Excellent all round, can't wait to stay again.
"Faultlrss"
08/25/15 LHA82 London, United Kingdom
From our arrival to leaving this place ticked every box and felt like pure luxury. A stunning location & beautiful hotel with a wonderful history. What a treat to have our car parked for us! And bags taken up to our rooms, which so often does not happen now. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, we loved the little added touches including the bear on the bed ;) We also loved that so much had been thought through here too, such as a boot room for guests to borrow coats, boots, bicycles etc what a great idea! There was so much to do, we loved the Owls & the deer park, strolling round the walled gardens too. One could easily spend several days here happily without leaving at all. An added bonus that it is dog friendly as we would love to bring our dog. The food was delicious and the staff incredibly helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble! A wonderful place to spend a romantic weekend and we definitely hope to be back! Thank you.
"Amazing stay at Swinton Park. Missing it already."
08/25/15 Colin S Leeds, United Kingdom
Truly amazing hotel. Was lucky enough to stay in a suite overlooking the deer park. Room was out of this world. Our 9 year daughter loved the cooking course she did. The meal in the restaurant was first class, and the staff everywhere were terrific. Only downside is that we couldn't stay longer.
"3 rooms in 24 hours"
08/24/15 123oliveoil Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Having enjoyed the delights of Swinton on several prior occasions, I decided to push the boat out and booked a 2 day break for our anniversay in a Dukes room. I particularly wanted 2 nights so that we had a proper chance to distress and enjoy the room without having to pack almost as soon as we had unpacked. I had specified a room with at least 2 windows in order to keep cool in the evening and view of the park. On arrival we were shown to the Harrogate room which fitted the bill but which I noticed had an unpleasant smell. Unfortunately the smell became worse and I reported this to reception. We were asked to wait until 7pm for turn down service when housekeeping would be in anyway. We agreed to this but on our way to dinner in Samuels I popped to the desk to make it clear that if the strong smell of drains was not solved I would be unable to sleep in the room. After dinner at 10pm David, the porter, asked if we had checked the room. We went upstairs and unfortunately the smell remained so at 10.30pm we packed our stuff and were moved to The Harewood ( a suite but with a small bedroom and bathroom and no view and small windows). Apologetically, we were also told that as the hotel was very full they were not sure where we would be staying the following evening but the manager would see us in the morning. Needless to say we did not unpack anticipating another move and spent the night wondering where we would end up! After breakfast in the morning we went, as instructed, to find out where we would be staying that night, expecting to see the manager. Instead the receptionist told us that we could stay in the Harewood that night after all . I was not happy with this and so were offered another Dukes room - The Bradford which I was very happy with, having stayed in this room before. However, the room would not be available until the afternoon. We went out again, packing our toiletries etc again, and returned in the afternoon reporting again at the desk. We were asked to take a seat and wait as the manager wished to speak to us. After 10 minutes David took pity on us once again, collected the key for us and showed to our room which we finally got in at 4.30pm. Upon arrival there was half a bottle of champagne and a letter from the manager expressing apologies and saying he was aware of the problems and would see us the next day - a nice gesture but which we were unable to enjoy as we were so stressed by this time. Both my husband and I felt that we deserved to see the manager in person to express our disappointment and asked to see him. He said he could be there In one hour and we waited. After agreeing that the situation was not acceptable he said he would look at the bill the following day to see what could be done and meet with us again after check out. Once again the following day we waited again for him prior to checking out and I reiterated that it was not the relaxing luxurious break I had anticipated or expected from Swinton. They did offer to reimburse one nights room cost ( minus £40 for two breakfasts! ) or another night DBB at another time. Hoping for a better experience later in the year we opted for the latter. However I'm afraid rather than returning home refreshed and relaxed, we came home totally stressed and deflated. Come on Swinton - this is not what you are about! You have a reputation for service and customer satisfaction - earn it! May be worth noting that there has been a management change!
"Birthday night away "
08/17/15 Dawnscott_2014
We had the most amazing night away here, from start to finish we loved it. We stayed in the Bradford room, amazing views and both bedroom and bathroom was a great size. The staff couldn't do enough for us and made us free so special. We had a meal in Samuels restaurant and wasn't disappointed..... such great food! The grounds are so lovely and we had such a nice walk round all the lakes and gardens. We can not wait to come back and cannot recommend Swinton park enough! Thank you all so much for our lovely stay
"Fabulous hotel with amazing staff"
08/16/15 nessie35 scotland
We stayed here as guests at a wedding and it was a fantastic time. I have nothing negative to say at all. Our room was excellent with a huge bathroom you could have played football in! The grounds are spectacular with many walks and the bird of prey centre. They have a turn down service at night in your room and each room has a lockable safe. There was also a trouser press and an ironing board and iron too. The bed was huge with lovely bedding. Breakfast was lovely with a great selection of continental and cooked. The staff were attentive, friendly and overall the best staff I have encountered in all my hotel stays over the years. The wedding was fantastic and despite the last minute change of plan due to the deer house flooding they really made it a day to remember. Food and drink was lovely too. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a treat and pampering but I have to say the staff really made it for us
"Foodie Celebration"
08/15/15 ashandjake Derbyshire, United Kingdom
My boyfriend and I visited Swinton Park Hotel this week as a surprise for his birthday. Being food lovers I had opted for the foodie celebration package and we were not disappointed! The hotel on arrival is stunning to behold - very grand, well maintained, with actual, live, living, moving deer roaming the grounds! Our car was parked and luggage taken to our room for us - I was able to choose specifics on booking, and had a courtesy phone call a few days prior to the occasion to ensure everything was correct. We had Full Afternoon tea in the drawing room followed by an hour in the wet spa - which we had all to ourselves! The Swaledale room was perfect, especially the bathroom - pics online. Our evening was delightful - champagne and cocktails to start with complementary canapes! Then the seven course tasting menu with wine pairing which was absolutely delicious! All prepared by the head chef :) Our waiter Karl was friendly, attentive and knowledgable regarding the courses and wines served. We felt very comfortable and neither rushed nor waiting for food. Courses included warm freshly-baked spelt bread, smoked trout, scallops, beef tartare, beetroot, pigeon, local strawberries and cottage cheese, and nasturtium ice cream with fresh flowers for dessert. Extensive full and continental breakfast menu was cooked to order - with the same exceptional service. Jake reports this has been his best birthday yet! Overall, we could not think of a way to improve on our stay here, and I am now struggling to come up with ideas for his 30th!
"Return of the Native"
08/15/15 Kristian E The Hague, The Netherlands
I was returning to my native Yorkshire to attend my sister's wedding and the scenery, hospitality and wonderful dining made it an unforgettable occasion. The quality of the food was unparallelled. every member of staff did their level best to make our stay as pleasurable and as enjoyable as possible. We will certainly be returning soon. Simon Crannage and his team of chefs produced a Wedding Breakfast of superior quality. The Fountains Abbey and Knareborough rooms and suites were a delight.
"An amazing experience"
08/13/15 Penny B Luton
Swinton Park is an amazing place and is staffed by wonderful people who bent over backward to make our stay such an outstanding experience. The opportunity to fly birds of prey around the stunning grounds added greatly to the pleasure of our stay. The house is amazing, the grounds are stunning, the food is unbelievably good and the staff are so totally helpful they could not do more for you. All in all staying at Swinton Park is a truly memorable experience.
"Well worth a visit!"
08/13/15 PP10 UK - Stockton on tees
On Monday, I made my third visit to this beautiful place. I stumbled across it a few months back whilst on a short break in Wensleydale with a friend and have since taken two other friends to see it and to stroll round the beautiful gardens adorned with the lakes, walled gardens and deer park. On each visit, all the staff have been so welcoming and friendly. On my visit on Monday gone, it was a delight to see the chef in the gardens picking strawberries and wild flowers to make his ice cream and my friend and I really appreciated him taking a few minutes to chat with us and answer our questions about Swinton park. I would advise that anyone in the area of Swinton park make some time to visit the house and gardens,,,,you will not regret it!