All hotels in Ripon, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereSwinton Park, Masham, Ripon, England, HG4 4JH, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

"A wonderful place in an exquisite environment."
A very friendly, professional environment Jonah in the restaurant was excellent along with David the porter. Go here and be very impressed.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
shaun willis
"Absolute Bliss"
Everything we expected and more! From reading reviews and looking through the photos we expected a luxury stay and we were not disappointed, it was perfect! From the staff to the room to the food, it was all amazing and certainly worth every penny! I can also highly reccomend a visit to the spa :)
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Ryan
"Superb"
Stayed at this hotel, and what a fantastic experience it was. From the moment of arrival, the staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. The grounds and amenities were excellent, spent several hours just walking the grounds looking at the herds of deer, the Falconry centre, and the various lakes. Can not praise the whole package offered enough.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Comfortable,relaxing,good service when you got it, need more organised staff.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"A very warm and friendly hotel, a pleasure to stay"
You felt part of the hotel as soon as you arrived, wonderful
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"old world charm"
From the minute you drive through the gates you feel it is going to be a unique experience. It is a lovely building and it is old with antiques. Grounds are beautiful with the deer. We had dinner and it was excellent, staff were all very friendly which made you comfortable as some of these high class places can be a bit toffee nosed and a bit off putting but you didn't feel like that here. Restaurant manager was very fussy so standards were high and he catered for your every need above and beyond. It is expensive so it isn't a everyday hotel but it is worth spoiling yourselves now and then. I think children are accepted but I personally wouldn't take mine as I think they would get bored and feel uncomfortable in the restaurant.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Jules
"Wonderful English hotel"
Beautiful rooms, excellent staff, very extensive grounds with an amazing wildflower garden, lakes, deer herd, hawk and owl centre. Definitely would go back.
"Giod service"
Nice quality hotel
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Swinton Park Castle Hotel"
First off I have to admit we booked this hotel through Expedia at a astonishing low price, so my review has to be based mostly on that fact. Swinton Park is impressive as you drive through the gates and up to the entrance, where the concierge will take your bags for you while you park. We had a easy check in and were shown to our rooms, we had 4 of the Dukes bedrooms, each equally impressive, very large, and fantastically equipped ( I mean complimentary whiskey!). There are some tiny issues with both room and general hotel areas that could be addressed regarding décor, but as with any hotel of this size it must be in constant maintenance. The grounds are beautiful and a pleasant walk, we also enjoyed our Bird of Prey experience and Spa treatments booked via the hotel. Breakfast was good, a wide choice of cereals, pastries, jams, fruit etc plus the cooked breakfast (vegetarian option was very good), all served in the impressive dining room by attentive staff. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Swinton Park hotel, although we must admit if we had to pay full price it might have been a tad on the expensive side.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
DPG
"Died and gone to heaven"
Best hotel I've ever been too. Far better than the 5star chain hotels.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Wow was amazing"
The staff were great the location amazing really great time
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"spa"
Very good. enjoyed it with my fiancée. The food was amazing. The spa was good as were the massages. Will definately book there again
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Outstanding"
A wonderful and relaxing time in beautiful surroundings
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Luxury hotel with great service"
Its a great stay with no fault. The location is just nice for a retreat and if it gets bored, you can easily drive 5mins downhill to grab a bite or some shops. The hotel service is excellent and we slept well in the room. Its a dream come true for staying in a castle. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2013
SS
SG
"Grandour"
This is a lovely hotel in a very nice place in north Yorkshire. Everything was great and lots to do and see. One minor comment, breakfast servings were not as efficient as dinner.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Roddy
"Oh my goodness AMAZING"
Wow, the most amazing experience ever. Surroundings are breathtaking rooms spacious and luxurious everything was just perfect. Staff couldn't do enough for you and the little touches were very special. Would go back in a heat beat, best hotel stay I have ever experienced.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2012
Tash

"素晴らしい自然の中にある歴史を感じさせられるお城のホテル"
クッキングスクール併設だけあって、お料理も期待できるホテルで、パンもとても美味しい。 特に、朝の焼きたてのクロワッサンは、フランスでいただいているように最高に美味しかった。 朝のエッグベネディクトも気品あるお味で美味しかった。 古い由緒ある建物ですから、シャワーの水圧がよければもう言うことなしのホテルといえるでしょう。自然の中の空間は、綺麗な空気と水の美味しさで、心身ともにリラックスできるホテルです。
Emiko
JP
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2013
"Relaxing surroundings"
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Swinton Park

"Lovely Hotel and staff"
05/05/15 Damion N Northampton, United Kingdom
We were lucky enough to stay in the Wensleydale suite for a few nights. This hotel is lovely, the staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The only negative comment I would give this hotel is the menu for diners with children due to them not being allowed in the main dining room in an evening. The menu quite limited and the bar area in my opinion not very inviting, the lounge not really a place I would eat an evening meal due to it being sofas, something I avoid at home let alone a hotel. Don't let this one negative put you off staying here as it would be 5 stars from me if this was amended to a more extensive bar menu. Lots of places to explore in the hotel grounds and beyond by foot or car. For the UK standard of hotels this is one of the best.
"staying in your own stately castle"
05/04/15 KatieS6KTN Falkirk
I laughed with delight as the car drove up the driveway...such a beautiful approach.The inside was simply like walking into a grand castle and immeadiately felt at home and instead of a reception desk, there was table and chairs in the morning room. All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. My room was large and spacious, with Molton Brown toiletries, and views over the river and parkland. Really want to move in here ....permanently. Thank you for a lovely stay...next time I promise will be for more than one night
"Chefs Table"
05/03/15 Roberta B
What a fantastic evening. 5 couples sitting round the table in the cookery school while the brilliant Steve Bulmer prepared & cooked for us. Food was amazing & the whole evening was a medley of humorous entertainment , fine cooking skills & tips all made possible by his depth of knowledge & competence together with his support team. Swinton Park are very lucky to have Steve on board. Thank you.
"Quiet location, friendly staff, superb food"
04/27/15 Joel M
This is a countryside hotel with an historical aura. It's a bit worn down maybe, but other than that it's just excellent. Friendly bar, snooker room. A few other rooms for sitting down an reading a book whilst having your afternoon tea (I guess, it looked cozy enough). It's possible to walk around the premises or down to Masham to have a bite at the restaurants or one of the breweries there. There's a shuttle service that can take you back to the hotel. Unfortunately me and my colleagues laptops couldn't connect to the Wifi, but the phones were fine.
"Disappointing"
04/26/15 Cameron226 Port de Pollenca, Spain
Afternoon tea. A treat by anyone's standard; in our case as this had been given to us in the form of a voucher. On arrival we were asked at reception if we had booked, yes we replied and were pointed towards the corridor and a door on the left. We followed these instructions and wandered along the corridor and into a quiet and hushed room where two other tables were taken. We were not sure if we were in the right place so wondered out again. We bumped into someone who directed us back to their room and told us someone would come. We sat down and someone did come. We ordered our tea. The tea was served by a very pleasant young man who was very helpful and professional. Then came the cakes and scones, from a different waiter, we were told the sandwiches were on there way? They duly arrived, with another waiter. We came to the scones, well they were hard as rocks! These were changed on request. But a clean plate was not offered and had to be requested, this was forgotten and only remembered when the waiter reappeared and was reminded. Sadly not what I was hoping for from a hotel of this reputation.
04/26/15 Jilllian Liverpool, United Kingdom
Every part of our stay at Swinton Park was excellent, from the room (massive most comfortable bed) to the staff and the service they provide. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious; all very very tasty. Overall a fantastic one night stay. Cant wait for the new spa to be built.
"Bad Customer Service"
04/24/15 pitstop007 Northamptonshire
I found Swinton Park on "Secret Escapes", due to the need to book quickly I phoned the hotel to see if they could match the price. The gentleman who answered thought for a moment and confirmed they could so we commenced to make a reservation for May, once it was made the gentleman read back through the reservation but did not mention that dinner was included in "Secrete Escapes" which I brought to his attention, again another hesitation, presumably while he collected his thoughts, he answered that he would have to check the precise details and said he would call me back...at this point I thought that he would not call me back, and now some three days later he hasn't. I have no idea what the hotel is like from first hand experience, it could be very good, BUT their customer relations doesn't seem to support that thought.
"Hive of activity"
04/22/15 brushmeister Nottingham, United Kingdom
What a wonderful place to stay, many things to occupy your time or just relax in the grand rooms. Our room and bathroom were very spacious and well equipped with a mix of complimentary drinks. The staff were friendly and very helpful, very guest focussed. Had a night in the cookery school at the chefs table what a fun, tasty and enjoyable night it was too. Would certainly return.
"Only an evening meal"
04/19/15 David900 Clitheroe, United Kingdom
This was the location chosen for an evening meal for a business group. It was simply superb. We were a large party, of at around 70 guests, you wouldn't have known. The quality of all the courses was brilliant, from the starter to the cheese, each was very well presented, cooked and tasty. The matching wines were a real treat. The service from the team was very good and I cannot recommend the dining experience enough. OK, I've no idea what the prices were but they will be good value. I'd love to stay over, as I'm sure the whole experience and location would make it a special time, every time.
"wedding aniversary"
04/13/15 leedsdaverave leeds
have stayed once before, two years ago and wanted to book for our anniversary for something a bit special. we were not disappointed. you may look at the prices and think it a bit costly, but the rooms are elegant, staff are very friendly and professional. the food is divine. will be back for that special day next year. kevin from bradford