All hotels in Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America
235 W Capitol St, Jackson, MS, 39201, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

"All is good but the food"
Aside from the quesadillas I ordered everything was good.,
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Matthew
"On the west side of the downtown area"
This is an older hotel which was Remodeled well. When you enter the lobby you can see the elegance of the facility. The room was comfortable. The hotel staff is very accommodating and hats off to the bell staff and their shuttle service. Pricing was good
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Grandpa Bill
Upon arrival we was greeted by pleasent and customer service friendly employees. The rooms was very clean , the only thing I observed that could have been better was the fact that 2 of the towels had large black stains and there was no tub just a shower. But overall the stay was comfortable and clean.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Kei
"Jackson Break-Away"
Only disappointment was that we had to ask to have the room vacuumed after we arrived. Most responsive staff. Great location. The Café restaurant is in the next block and it is incredible.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
TigerPop
"Nice hotel right downtown"
Overall was very nice, Staff was very helpful. Stayed two days and did not have coffee in the room the second day. That was a little disappointing.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Housekeeping staff was great. Tonya was the one that served my room. She was such a pleasant person I wish I could take her with me every place I go.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Excellent all around"
By far the nicest hotel for this trip (which included 7 different hotels).
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Mississippi Blues"
Was in Jackson for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. I chose this hotel since it was close to the festivities. The hotel itself and the staff were great. We also ate at the restaurant and had a great experience. I wasn't happy to be charged $15 a day for parking. The hotel is in a run down area of Jackson. I was warned to not walk around after dark. The room was nice but not quiet. It is right by railroad tracks and my room was on the street side. The heater was loud, the toilet didn't work right and the TV wouldn't shut off without unplugging.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
bob
"it was ok..."
good food and very nice hotel staff. couldn't close curtains which bugged us and the sliding closet doors were completely off their tracks.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice Hotel, but nothing around"
Nice hotel but nothing around except expensive restaurants. Paid $18 in the hotel shop for 3 small bags of chips, a candy bar, and a drink.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Perfect"
Great and friendly staff
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Get place to stay in beautiful Jackson, Ms"
Always a great stay...
1 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
"Downtown near museums."
Excellent time. Service staff was excellent. The suite was magnificent.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Beautiful historic property"
Beautifully renovated historic property in a distressed but emerging part of town. Only a quick walk to the capitol area. Yes, the buildings along the walk are boarded up and vacant but there are signs of a few new restaurants along with a few old iconic ones as well. So if you prefer some character in your hotel and appreciate the downtown area, this is a very nice choice. I will stay there going forward on my business trips. Staff was very nice and helpful.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Excellent hotel 4 blocks from convention center"
The entire experience was excelletnt. Friendliest staff I have been around in a while. I would stay there everytime. The lobby was beautiful. The restaruant and bar was excellent. Could not have been happier!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Alanna
"Great customer service!"
I'll say the customer service was wonderful. Not crazy about the location, but the hotel itself was great. It is very close to the convention center and other downtown locations. The staff of the hotel was the highlight of the stay. The registration, the door man and the breakfast buffet staff were all very accommodating. We will stay here again.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Gene
"Hidden Jewel."
This is a beautiful hotel with great facilities. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The staff (from the front desk, to the cleaning crew, to the Valet) were all friendly and helpful. Each of them offering a greeting if I passed by them. The gym was also nice (although the handles on the cable machine could be replaced). I overheard the staff say that this historical hotel had been vacant for 45 years before reopening. Glad to spend my money and time in a hotel like this.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Chad
"be sure to test heat/cooling system can be loud"
cleaning staff was not at all responsive to request ..... front desk staff was plesant in person .. but get back home and call for management and they do a 360 to staff from hell....
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice hotel in the downtown Jackson area"
Really enjoyed my stay at Hilton. The hotel bar was quite nice. My bartender Jessica was great. She told me a lot of the history involving the hotel an the downtown area.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Harbortown
I was expecting a little more from a Hilton. The room was adequate, but that was all. We had the "buffet" breakfast the next day and it was a complete rip-off. The food was cold and bland and we had to wait for servers to bring us food instead of being able to get it ourselves as a buffet indicates. The dining and lobby carpets were dirty and the hotel was located across the street from a row of boarded up buildings. There was nothing going on within blocks of the hotel, it felt like a ghost town.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"Would stay again"
We had a great get away weekend. Staff was very friendly and attentive. All of our needs were met.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Low price, excellent value"
Pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the hotel for the price! Great breakfast and fitness facilities
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Jessamyn
"Slummy"
Awful location....right on train tracks oh yea but they provided ear plugs really??? Bed was worse ever. Felt like I was on the wrong side of the tracks
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Diamond in the rough"
This is nice hotel with good service in a not so great location. Most certainly a diamond in the rough.
3 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Emmanuel
"Nice people -clean a comfortable."
good. Helping stuff and very friendly. Big rooms-clean & comfortable.
Jacob
"Great Service, disappointing room"
Definitely not the best as far as hotels go, but maybe the best in Jackson? We had to move to another room because there was a huge red stain on the carpet. The next room still had filthy looking floors, but at least there wasn't a crime scene stain. The restaurant was nice, and the hotel service staff were great, especially the night manager! He was very accommodating and friendly. The staff did their best with the hotel they were dealt. Don't think I'll be visiting Jackson again because it's just one very boring city despite how friendly the people are.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Lori
"Parking Scam"
I was upset that i had to pay to park in the parking lot and i spent 2 nights there.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
CHELONDA
"Upscale Property with great location!"
I was pleasantly surprised at how upscale this hotel was. I stay at Hilton Garden Inns regularly and they are all very acceptable. This was exceptional. Great Service, comfortable and upgraded room and excellent location near fabulous restaurants.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Rosalind
"Love the hotel!"
The hotel itself is amazing. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. It's not the hotel's fault the downtown area of Jackson looks like a war zone. You'd figure the city would do something to beautify the area and cover up the construction. I will say the bathroom could use an update, the all tile stall was kinda dirty and felt weird.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"beautifully restored lobby"
when i was in college in Jackson 25 years ago this building was abandoned. We would go down there on saturday nights and crawl around in it. To see it restored and beautiful is amazing
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
emery
"Beautiful hotel in Downtown Jackson"
Great hotel in downtown Jackson. We were a little unsure of the location initally but it turned out to be a little gem. The hotel was beautiful, clean, and super comfy. Friendly staff as well.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Kimberly
"Awful"
We were told that there were no parking places and that we had to let them valet park us, the area was very dark and borderline scary. I called inside from my cell phone to tell them I needed to cancel because there were no parking places and she said we will find you a place to park. I was just told by one of your employees there were no parking places. What a joke of a place.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Anonymous
"neighborhood in transition"
The hotel is very nice and comfortable. The surrounding area is in transition. Perhaps in 5-10 years it will a great place to stay. For now, it's a little rough.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Julia S
"Jackson, MS"
The hotel staff was excellent and very professional. I will stay there again on my next trip to the Jackson area.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Diamond in the rough"
While the hotel's building is nice, the surrounding buildings are run down with boarded-up windows, many of the streets are under construction, and the ones that are not apparently haven't been repaved since 1958. The train station is across from the hotel, with the bus depot on the other side of it. However, all of that melts away when you walk inside. The lobby is beautiful stone all over, with large columns and a nice bar/restaurant area off to one side and a Seattle's Best coffee off the other. The welcome I received at the front desk was southern hospitality at its finest. I arrived early in the day, so the gentleman at the desk took down my cell number and offered to call once my room was ready. When I got to my room, it was nicely appointed, very clean, and very comfortable. My window faced the railroad tracks, but I barely noticed when trains went by - they did an amazing job with soundproofing those windows. Every staff member I interacted with was beyond courteous - the waitress in the breakfast area even finished cooking the waffle I started and brought it to me at my table. The only downsides other than the surrounding area are that the breakfast buffet is a bit pricey, but pretty much in line with what you see at any other full-service hotel elsewhere, and the only parking available is valet, which is reasonable compared to other cities, but still pricey. But, other than those things, this is a great place and I look forward to staying here again.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
PJ
The city is not the business...but this hotel was excellent :-)
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"GSU game"
Old hotel look with modern amenities
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Mick
"Great hotel!"
Wonderful experience!
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Smokey room"
The overall appearance of the hotel was nice. I was initially impressed. However, the 1st room I was put in smelled like an ash tray. I am not an overly sensitive person to cigarette smoke. When I called the front desk, the female clerk told me there was nothing she could do and the hotel was at 100% capacity (it was a Tuesday night.) When I insisted that she look harder for ANY other available room, I was placed on indefinite hold. When I finally called back down, I spoke to a manager who immediately searched and found me a new room. Once moved, my stay was fine.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Vanessa
Wonderful ambience offered
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
bob
Good hotel with nice amenities
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Beautiful place"
I was very surprised to see how opulent and beautiful this hotel was. The service was awesome ! The price was fair, and the stuff wa helpful and delightful. My new home when in Jackson !!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
P
"ok"
We had a great time, but the neighboth oof is questionable. I also didn't like the fact I had to pay $15 a day for parking when the garage was unsecured and there were crazies walking about.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice hotel close to area we were visiting."
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was the free Wi-Fi. We could not get it to work in our room so we had to go back down to the desk. The staff said they were having issues with it but they were able to get it to work on our device.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Great hotel. The best in the area.
2 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"Great Customer Service"
I have stayed here many times but never had a chance to go to the bar. Best customer service ever. Food and libations were superb. Will definitely go back!
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Tanisha
"Bed sooooooo comfy!"
Our rooms were immaculate! My son and niece had a huge double and I a king suite. We were very happy due to the cleanliness, kindness and decor of this hotel. This is the official spot for my stays while visiting my son at Jackson State University. Go Tigers!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Mama
"Great place"
Great historic hotel in bad neighborhood- I would recommend it to everyone!
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Excellent staff. Excellent chef in restaurant"
This is a well run hotel. Everything worked and when we got stuck in hotel due to bad weather we were very happy with food quality in restaurant. Obviously a well run property and very competent staff. I'd recommend it highly to any business traveler.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Bruce Nierenberg
Had to ask 3 times for towels. Other than that everything was great.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014