All hotels in Edesheim, Germany
Luitpoldstraße 9, Edesheim, RP, 67483, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lovely place, full of character and helpful staff"
Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Despite my total lack of German language skills they all speak fabulous English and went out of their way to help me enjoy my stay.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014

"Schloss mit Atmosphäre"
Schönes, klassisches Hotel. Tolles Bauwerk. Zimmer etwas älterer Standard.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Nikolaus
"Schloss mit flair"
Tolles Ambiente. Leider fehlt der internationale Comfort.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Nikolaus
DE
"Super Hotel. Nächstes Mal gerne wieder"
Geschāftsreise 1 Übernachtung. Super Frühstück und tolles Zimmer.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Sehr schönes Hotel"
Sehr schönes Hotel. Nettes Personal. Schöne Gegend. Nach einem harten Arbeitstag hatten wir allerdings das Pech, dass gerade eine Hochzeitsfeier im Hotel stattfand. So wurden wir in der Nacht mehrere Male geweckt.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
DE
"schönes Ambiente im Herzen der südlichen Weinstraß"
perfekter Aufenthalt Menü im Gourmetrestaurant bis auf den Hauptgang von sehr guter Qualität
Other trip Mar 24, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Schloss Edesheim

"Heaven!"
12/14/14 Blair F Mississauga, Canada
We booked one night here on the way to Switzerland. What a beautiful schloss! We felt like the Baron and Baroness! We booked with half board and had a private table with a personal server for dinner. The food was amazing as well. The European breakfast was delightful. The gardens, fountains and the view of the vineyards from our room was inspiring. The Maxilillian suite was incredible. Thanks for a wonderful stay.
06/27/14 Mallesh P
Was here for a conference. Also, got somehow upgraded to the maximilian suite. So i'm very biased---the room was spectacular. Indeed the bathroom was larger than the average room i stay in when visiting Europe. So really, this was amazing. My colleagues' rooms looked pretty serviceable too, though the non-suites were more standard European sized rooms. On the upsides, the food was good, the grounds were picturesque, the service staff were friendly, cordial and efficient. Mostly made for a great stay. On the downside, the (free) wifi could be spotty, and didn't always have excellent coverage. Didn't get to sample it very much but there were tons of beer and wine gardens all around town. Seems like a nice quaint town.
"Jewel in the heart of town"
06/18/13 WineTravelista Canada
First time to Germany, visiting wine country, on my way to a wine judging event in Strasbourg France. Wanted to stay in a castle and was pleasantly surprised by the grounds and our suite. The suite overlooked the vineyards with a large size balcony, absolutely beautiful. A must to walk around the property and take in a show outside. The room was adjacent to the very large bathroom, just had to put the toilet seat down at all times. Separate walk in closet with a lock on the door. I absolutely suggest upgrading to a suite for a memorable vacation. A buffet breakfast was included, the service help did not speak English though. I didn't know you could ask for eggs to be cooked to your style of liking until the last day. Everyone speaks English in Germany, so I was surprised that they didn't at breakfast. Overall I would definitely go back here, I loved it that much!
"Great workshop ambiente, the room are not 4 Star standard"
06/05/13 Adpalme1 Bad Schonborn, Germany
We had a workshop in the hotel and the location was just perfect for it. The workshop room was nice, but old windows where the wind just blows through every niche (which made it partly very freezing if you were sitting close to them). The hotel room was okay; being on the highest possible floor in the hotel (mini castle) was not the best possible room. Besides that the internet connection was fairly unstable and expensive (I used the iPhone hub instead), the bathroom was more old fashion, the furniture looked like the age of the hotel, the bed / mattress itself was okay. What was astonishing, because I was located on the highest floor and it felt a little bit like in haunted house, was that I had a little emergency box in the room, with a key for the room next door, to use in case of an emergency the fire escape stairs of this room, but seriously, even if not allowed, what would happen if I just use the key to say hello to the guest in that room..... well but maybe only my concern...... The staff was friendly and the food was good too.
"Poor and unprofessional"
10/12/12 SemG1979 Siegen, Germany
Apart from the nice surroundings and pleasant wine ambience, this place has nothing good. I was staying there for the workshop and found that the hotel staff was pretty rude and unfriendly. The Internet was available for 10 Euro / day (it is 2012 now, has the management of the hotel got stuck somewhere in the stone age) and even for these 10 Euro / day it did not work properly... The dinners were served extremely slowly 2 hours between the first course and desert.
"Nice place for business"
08/27/12 Stanislav M Prague, Czech Republic
I spent only one night in Schlosshotel Edesheim and only attending business workshop, so I can hardly judge about the prices, quality of the restaurant or fulfilling special requests. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay, my room was very nice, located in the tower with excellent view to wineyards surrounding hotel. I can´t complain about service provided - breakfast was ok, nothing special, but not bad and hotel staff quite helpful. Even I was very satisfied, I´m not sure if I will choose this hotel for private stay as the area is very quiet, but for business conferences or workshop it´s ideal.
"Special, but not really"
08/22/12 FoppevM Zuidlaren, The Netherlands
If you arrive at the hotel, you feel special, wow a real castle in the vineyards. But the price-quality relation is not so balanced. We had a lovely room with an outdated bathroom. Shower in the morning was cold. The gastronomy restaurant was also not what was expected. Breakfast was quite OK. Staff friendly, but not super. And the parkin in the vineyard is unorganised, an primitive.
"A total disaster compounded by inefficient and uncaring manage"
05/16/12 hepzibah66 Kent
Emails for easy accessible rooms ignored and put on top floor ... No lift! Reservation for dinner email ignored ... Restaurant fully booked for wedding. Curtains unlined, blinds broken. China chipped. Cannot stand up in rooms on 4th floor and bumped head! And the list goes on!
"Unexpected but charming"
09/12/11 dectraveladdict zentral schweiz
We've driven or zoomed passed this part of Germany on the Autobahn, but this time slowed down and and visited the 'Sudliche weinstrasse", ie southern wine route. Discovered this gem in this quiet region of vineyards and vintners's farmhouses. This is a Schloss or Castle dating from 1597. There was an armour, no doubt genuine on the landing. We were upgraded to a suite, perhaps because there were 2 wedding parties the weekend we stayed and the regular rooms were suddenly needed. The Marie Sophie suite was charming but I couldn't understand why the bathroom lights dimmed on its own accord, not expecting a 'brown-out' in Germany! Aside from this perhaps spooky experience, the stay was very pleasant and the restaurant professional. This is a special part of Germany - ppssst, known as the "Tuscany of Germany". In fact, Ludwig I of Bavaria chose to build his summer palace nearby. A region, a secret, enjoyed by a select few and the Schloss Edesheim makes this possible to stay here in comfort. I tried to imagine what it felt like to live in this special place 500 years ago, with the special sunshine pouring in.
"Would have liked to had more than one day here!"
08/15/11 dcshoe Herndon, Virginia
Small hotel in the middle of wine area. My balcony looked out over fields of grape vines. Very large comfortable rooms, mine had bedroom on second floor. It would have been nice to spend a week here relaxing. No AC, but open windows were enough even in late July. Quiet area so this was no problem. I did not get to sample the restaurant, it was packed and I arrived too late to get in. Next time...