All hotels in Sylva, North Carolina, United States of America
2807 Hwy 74 E, Sylva, NC, 28779, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"Hotel review"
We enjoyed staying at the inn in Sylva. We did not spend much time at the hotel but the room was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was was great. Overall great experience. The only thing was there was a shortage of parking spaces.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Dana
"Comfortable"
Nice service, room was clean. Breakfast cudve been better, but overall I give it a "A"
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Guy Green
Hotel over all in its appearance seems in great shape. Great breakfast area. Rooms/bathrooms need updating.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Review of Sylva Inn."
The people were very nice and helpful. The hotel is a little dated, but okay. Our rooms were comfortable. The pillows were soft.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"ok served the purpose"
o it was ok it served the purpose did get good nights sleep it was quiet
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Terrie

"surprise dog fees"
Found out upon arrival that there is a pet charge of $20/night. Other sources in the room said $15/night with a max of $45, but I was told these were the old charges.
3 night business trip Jul 16, 2014

RU

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn Sylva

"Nice Place in Sylva"
08/28/15 jmpncsu Raleigh, North Carolina
I was heading to the mountains to see High Falls on West Fork Tuckasegee when Duke Energy opens the dam for a whitewater release. There's not a lot of accommodations in the area, including campsites where I'd normally stay, so I decided to stay here as it's only a 30-minute drive. Plus, staying in a hotel would make getting ready early in the morning easier. Most hotel guests, I gathered from talking to others, stay here for its proximity to Cherokee and the casino. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and made checking in and out quick and easy. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was very comfortable. It's a good value for a room in the area, especially in peak summer tourism season. And the free breakfast in the morning was pretty good - I liked the make-your-own Belgian waffles, but they need more toppings, like whipped cream and strawberries. There were a couple of downsides. The WiFi was unusable, at least in my room. I mentioned this in the online survey I took after my stay and someone from the hotel promptly replied and apologized and indicated they were working to upgrade their systems. The hotel and room in particular had a musky smell, like it was formerly a smoking room and they didn't clean it well enough. And getting into the hotel is a little tricky. It's right after a turn on US-74 if you're heading west from Asheville and I-40 and the speed limit is 55 MPH. Even using a GPS, I didn't slow down enough in time and missed the turn. So make sure you know where the turn is and slow down in time. None of these things were really a big deal to me - I didn't really need WiFi, the smell didn't really bother me, and I was able to turn around and reach the hotel. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area in the future.
"Dated rooms"
08/03/15 juanv165 Columbia, South Carolina
Our room was ready after 5 pm. When we arrived to the room,the air conditioning was not working. Management came to look at it, and finally change our room. The rooms are very dated , old TV, old mattress , old furnishing. The free breakfast is OK. I think driving a little more and stay somewhere else.
"Good Stay"
08/02/15 MommyDre Chattanooga, Tennessee
Stayed in Sylva so that my husband could play poker in Cherokee. Cherokee is about 20 minutes away...not too bad. Beds were extremely comfortable! But the rest of the hotel was a little dingy. Breakfast was average but it was included. Staff was very friendly. Pool was ok.
"Family trip"
07/22/15 Winona F Acworth, Georgia
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. The ladies at the front desk were very fantastic (Lauren & Bhumika). Especially Lauren - she has a great smile, very friendly and was eager to help with any questions or needs we had.
"Two Outstanding customer service employees"
07/02/15 Janie B Monroe, North Carolina
Our room was clean and comfortable and had the amenities we expected and some we were delighted with. The luggage rack is a small amenity but offers such convenience and the storage space was most welcomed. But what impressed me most was Chelsea and Lauren. These girls went out of their way to be accommodating, always in a business and professional manner. They brought the luggage cart to our floor, let me check in a bit early, allowed us to use tables in the breakfast area for things other than breakfast. These two girls need a gold star for going beyond the call of duty. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future. Thank you Chelsea and Lauren.
"Clean & Comfortable"
06/29/15 RoseA3102 West Columbia, South Carolina
Reserved via Hotwire and was very pleased with our room. The bed was very comfy, everything was very clean and plenty of soft thick towels. The TV in the room was dated but it worked just fine. My only complaint was the pillows was a little lumpy but I had a good nights sleep all the same. Free Breakfast was typical of most motels. I would certainly stay here again.
"Nice and Clean"
06/27/15 Jason A Atlanta, Georgia
I was looking for an inexpensive place for the night after wrapping up a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This hotel is located off Hwy. 74 so there is a little truck noise but other than that the room was clean, the staff friendly and in a convenient location. If I'm back up this way I would stay here again.
"Best nights sleep"
06/27/15 Meemee72 Dresden Oh
Other than the gal at the front desk was swamped with hotel guests, this was our best night of our vacation. Rooms clean nice parking. Highly recommend it! Employees were professional. Breakfast was plentiful and dining area clean. We didn't get to use the swimming pool but it was lean and inviting.
"Very positive experience!"
06/07/15 Mel P Asheville, North Carolina
My husband and I decided to stay here for a night while we had overnight care for our toddler. We chose the hotel because of the location and the pool. Our room had a mini-fridge, microwave, couch, and beautiful view of the mountain. The front desk staff was beyond friendly! They were not only extremely helpful (always asked if they could do anything for us) but actually had conversation and joked with us as well. The snack bar is convenient. I can't speak to the quality of the sandwiches but we bought a couple of bottles of beer and a candy bar, saved us from running out in the evening. Breakfast the next day was exactly what you would expect of a hotel of this caliber, nothing special nothing terrible. We used the pool around 8:00 for a bit. It was chilly but would have been perfect if we had gone when the sun was full on it. It was clean, a good size for the hotel, and we had it to ourselves. The room was clean, the shower worked well, the tub is smallish. The bed was comfortable enough, maybe a little lumpy and bouncy but nothing that kept us awake. The windows actually open a little so we were able to air out the slightly strong cleaning smell, I suspect it was to cover up a previous smoker in the room. The smell was certainly not overpowering, but noticeable. The TV was a little outdated and the remote was testy but the channel selection was good. One last note, the elevator means business. The doors start to close the second you step in so be quick! Overall we had a great stay for our date night and will definitely visit this hotel again!
"Driving to the North Carolina Mountains?"
06/04/15 Jay R Raleigh, North Carolina
If you want to absorb the feel of the Mountains and not pay exorbitant amount of money for a hotel room, the Quality Inn Sylva East is your best bet. Less than an hour drive from I-40W and with proximity to Lake Junaluska, Magee Valley, Cherokee and Western Carolina University all of these sites within driving distance. Now, get this, you are barely 3-4 miles from downtown Sylva, 10 miles from the university and the best part of it, the rates are perfect if you are planning a quick family get-away. The hotel has nice, very clean modern rooms, very comfortable beds, Wi-Fi, outdoor swimming pool, where you can let the kids have fun and the staff make you feel like you are part of the family. The only down side of our stay was the television set, it had to be at least 15 years old, still had a decent picture and plenty of channel selections.The next morning you are treated to the customary Quality Inn Breakfast. You will not be disappointed.