All hotels in Sylva, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2807 Hwy 74 E, Sylva, NC, 28779, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

1 night business trip May 16, 2015

RU

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn Sylva

"Clean & Comfortable"
06/29/15 RoseA3102 West Columbia, South Carolina
Reserved via Hotwire and was very pleased with our room. The bed was very comfy, everything was very clean and plenty of soft thick towels. The TV in the room was dated but it worked just fine. My only complaint was the pillows was a little lumpy but I had a good nights sleep all the same. Free Breakfast was typical of most motels. I would certainly stay here again.
"Nice and Clean"
06/27/15 Jason A Atlanta, Georgia
I was looking for an inexpensive place for the night after wrapping up a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This hotel is located off Hwy. 74 so there is a little truck noise but other than that the room was clean, the staff friendly and in a convenient location. If I'm back up this way I would stay here again.
"Best nights sleep"
06/27/15 Meemee72 Dresden Oh
Other than the gal at the front desk was swamped with hotel guests, this was our best night of our vacation. Rooms clean nice parking. Highly recommend it! Employees were professional. Breakfast was plentiful and dining area clean. We didn't get to use the swimming pool but it was lean and inviting.
"Very positive experience!"
06/07/15 Mel P Asheville, North Carolina
My husband and I decided to stay here for a night while we had overnight care for our toddler. We chose the hotel because of the location and the pool. Our room had a mini-fridge, microwave, couch, and beautiful view of the mountain. The front desk staff was beyond friendly! They were not only extremely helpful (always asked if they could do anything for us) but actually had conversation and joked with us as well. The snack bar is convenient. I can't speak to the quality of the sandwiches but we bought a couple of bottles of beer and a candy bar, saved us from running out in the evening. Breakfast the next day was exactly what you would expect of a hotel of this caliber, nothing special nothing terrible. We used the pool around 8:00 for a bit. It was chilly but would have been perfect if we had gone when the sun was full on it. It was clean, a good size for the hotel, and we had it to ourselves. The room was clean, the shower worked well, the tub is smallish. The bed was comfortable enough, maybe a little lumpy and bouncy but nothing that kept us awake. The windows actually open a little so we were able to air out the slightly strong cleaning smell, I suspect it was to cover up a previous smoker in the room. The smell was certainly not overpowering, but noticeable. The TV was a little outdated and the remote was testy but the channel selection was good. One last note, the elevator means business. The doors start to close the second you step in so be quick! Overall we had a great stay for our date night and will definitely visit this hotel again!
"Driving to the North Carolina Mountains?"
06/04/15 Jay R Raleigh, North Carolina
If you want to absorb the feel of the Mountains and not pay exorbitant amount of money for a hotel room, the Quality Inn Sylva East is your best bet. Less than an hour drive from I-40W and with proximity to Lake Junaluska, Magee Valley, Cherokee and Western Carolina University all of these sites within driving distance. Now, get this, you are barely 3-4 miles from downtown Sylva, 10 miles from the university and the best part of it, the rates are perfect if you are planning a quick family get-away. The hotel has nice, very clean modern rooms, very comfortable beds, Wi-Fi, outdoor swimming pool, where you can let the kids have fun and the staff make you feel like you are part of the family. The only down side of our stay was the television set, it had to be at least 15 years old, still had a decent picture and plenty of channel selections.The next morning you are treated to the customary Quality Inn Breakfast. You will not be disappointed.
"Clean Room But Dirty Towel Left In Bathroom"
05/19/15 dab012015 Salina, Kansas
This hotel was just average but you get what you pay for at this hotel. The price of the room was affordable but we did not sleep very well in our room. We were given a room on the first floor and these rooms face the front of the hotel. The noise from the traffic kept us both awake most of the night. We stayed 2 nights and we were very tired from lack of sleep. We had reserved a room with a King bed and we were given a Handicapped room with a Queen bed. We did not need nor request a Handicapped room. We were not told at the front desk that we were given a Handicapped room with a Queen bed. We discovered this change when we got to our room and felt that the front desk person should have mentioned this to us at check in. Also, if you have a pet with you, then you can only stay in the first floor rooms and these rooms face the busy highway and are noisy because of traffic noises. This resulted in poor sleep for us and an upset pet. This was the biggest complaint that we had with this room. Also, when we arrived in the room I noticed that there was a towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I did not think too much about this until the next morning when we discovered that this towel was a dirty towel. I took this towel to the front desk person and told them about the towel and they took the towel and gave me a funny look. They did not apologize about this situation. Otherwise, the room was clean, a little dated. The breakfast (eggs, sausage links, biscuits, waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee) was good but my only complaint is that the housekeeping staff mopped the areas around the breakfast area with a very strong smelling cleaner (Pinesol smell) and this made the breakfast unappetizing. This smell (Pinesol) lingered all day and it was unpleasant for me to smell this all day and it aggravated my allergies. The bathroom only had a shower stall and it was a very small shower stall. Probably the smallest shower stall that I have every used. I wonder how a handicapped person would be able to use this shower stall. We stayed at this hotel because it allowed pets and it was located in the near the area that we were visiting to conduct important business. We were not at our best to take care of our business plans because of the issues we dealt with at this hotel. I wish this area would have more hotels that would accommodate guests that have pets but the hotel choices here are limited. If we have to visit this area again we plan to stay at a different hotel even though this will result in being quite a few more miles from where we conduct our business in this area.
"Awesome! Good breakfast menu. Add a microwave. the dining area for perfection. .... Awesome!"
01/31/15 hturnip Atlanta, Georgia
Good clean rooms. Awesome staff. Hard to find, or maybe it was our GPS. Lauren guided us by many phone calls until we arrived. Good breakfast selection. Pancakes,eggs,link sausage, fruit,pastries,coffee, juices,cereals. Only thing that would improve it, would be to add a microwave to help melt butter on the pancakes!
"NYE stay"
01/07/15 Wover Fremont, CA
Gave this place a try since they had reasonable rates for NYE compared to hotels closer to the Cherokee Casino. The bed was comfortable and water pressure in the shower was good but the tub drain was slow. Breakfast was OK and it's always nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Only complaints were the room faced the highway so you heard road noise, especially from trucks. The heat/AC unit is the type where the fan only runs when it is on, so you can't use it to drown out the noise and if you are watching TV on the old tube type TV you have to adjust the volume every time the unit turns on and off, which is fairly often if it's hot or cold outside. With only one elevator it was usually quicker to take the stairs. internet service was OK As long as the price was right, I would stay here again
12/30/14 PJIPR Augusta, Georgia
This is a nice, clean hotel. The rooms are nice, the bed was comfortable. New carpet, drapes. The staff is very friendly & helpful. Coming from Asheville, it sneaks up on you pretty quick. There are nice restaurants in Sylva. We visit often. And the dirve to Cherokee is about 14 miles.
"Great Hotel, Great Value"
12/16/14 Richie P Hickory, North Carolina, United States
I am actually a frequent visitor of this hotel. I travel through the area for business. The staff is always courteous and respectful. The rooms are always clean. The breakfast they serve is very satisfying. I will continue to use this hotel for my visits to Sylva, NC