All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
505 N State Street, Chicago, IL, 60654, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Mark (front desk) is amazing"
First time in Chicago for me and the family. Great location, able to walk to a wide array of restaurants and bars. Easy walk to all shopping and museums and the staff here was great. The only downside was the parking rates!!
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
theBZA
"Weekend Travellers"
We stay downtown a few time per year, the Palomar is a hidden gem with an outstanding staff
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Celebrating the Hubbie's 30th"
If I only had one word to describe our evening @ the Palomar it would be "perfect!" From the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out it was absolute bliss. The hubbie turned 30 over this past weekend so I planned a romantic evening including dinner (Del Friscos!) and a night @ the Palomar. We checked in early Friday evening & were greeted by Ben @ the front desk who was extremely pleasant, helpful & seemed truly genuine. He got our keys for us quickly & explained how to get up to our room & told us we made a great choice with the King Spa Suite (agree!!). Spending a bit extra on this room was more than worth it- lovely king suite including a fabulous jetted tub!! About 10 mins after checking in Ben @ the front desk called to make sure we were loving the room & to see if we needed anything- love that! More over about 15 mins later we got a knock @ the door with a card from Ben wishing my Ben a Happy Birthday & included a bowl of candies to munch on- over the top & loved it! Ben @ the front desk really went out of his way to make sure we had a memorable evening & I'm super thankful for that! Our evening was really lovely- dinner @ Del Friscos & back @ the hotel to enjoy our evening. Also enjoyed the city views & late check out the following morning. 100% will stay here again. Thank you again for a lovely evening!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Nikki
"Love it every time I stay!"
Anytime work sends me to Chicago I stay here. Most helpful staff, elegant hotel, happy hour and Just away from the red line. They even hunted down a laptop charger when I'd forgotten mine.
3 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
rebecca
"Did not live up to expectations."
Could not get a good cup of coffee anywhere in hotel. Keurig coffee makers are available on request. But they only brew half a cup which is too strong and not hot at all. Coffee in the lobby only until 10:00 am and no flavored creamers. That coffee in the insulated containers, luke warm at best. The restaurant only had a breakfast buffet for $20. Not a big breakfast person so to pay that much for a piece of toast or bagel.....NOT. Was told at checkout that the restaurant had flavored cream, you just have to ask for it. Why?
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Vicki
"Comfortable hotel in a great location"
No problems. Staff is business-like. Wish I could have made the room cooler at night.
3 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Favorite Chicago Business Hotel"
I stayed at this hotel for a recent business trip. The service was excellent. Room service orders showed up within 20 minutes. The decor is modern and the rooms are comfortable. The location puts you in walking distance from a ton of great restaurants. I will be back!
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Brandon
"Great service"
The hotel service is great, staffs are all very friendly and nice. Also the hotel lounge provided a free wine time between 5pm- 6pm. Although the room is a bit small, its comfortable and clean.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
YU
"Outstanding!!! Highly Recommended!!!"
Everything was outstanding! The entire staff, from the front desk to the bell hop to housekeeping.....they all went above and beyond and made our stay extra special. The service here was very personalized and full of extra touches. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, the location was excellent and the staff was very professional and courteous. We will definitely be back! The bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and accommodating as well.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
melissa
"Just for fun"
Loved the complimentary wine hour!!! Great Location!!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Perfect spot for NYE"
Great hotel and close to where we were spending New Year's Eve. Note: this is a dog friendly hotel, so don't be surprised to see them walking around. They all were well behaved, so no skirmishes, fights, or accidents, and we couldn't hear any barking. The staff were great, especially the doorman who helped us with cabs, etc. The beds were phenomenal. The complimentary continental breakfast was very average, but there are plenty of places for breakfast and brunch all over the city.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Fantastic Place in Chi-Town"
The Palomar is a great place and it starts with the check-in. The "greet staff" has personality plus and are incredibly decent people, especially Abdul. The room we had was also incredibly great with full views of State Street and the city. The hotel restaurant is very, very, very good. We had breakfast there and talked to a couple in the elevator who said dinner was even better....and it was. Venison that melts in your mouth. We took out the car three times and the valet service was smooth as silk, plus the doormen, especially Stan, were incredibly (again "incredibly") personable with both adults and children and we saw him with a 4 & a 3 year old and he (& they) melted our hearts. All in all, we could not have asked for a better experience........wish we could rate this hotel higher.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
leithadams
"New Year Eve Stay"
My wife and I went to the Palomar for a 5 night stay between Christmas and New Years. We absolutely loved our stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the service was first rate. The front desk staff was very courteous and always willing to be of service. The front lobby area was often busy with guests hanging out enjoying themselves in front of the fire place. Although we are not wine drinkers, the 5:00 wine hour was very popular with the guests. We also used the workout room several times and found it to be very good with a great view from the 17th floor. If you are a coffee drinker, you will need to go to the lobby for coffee service. This was a minor inconvenience although this did offer to bring up a Krueig machine (not sure if there was a fee, we didn't inquire). I would suggest bringing your own coffee mug along because the take-out cups were very small (8 oz) and you may end up making multiple trips. Hotel location is perfect - two blocks from Michigan Ave, walking distance to many great restaurants (recommend the Indian House), and a grocery store across the street. If you drive, watch out for the self-parking rates. We were in town during the week and it ran $46/day (ouch). Hotel Valet is $57. Self park may be cheaper during the weekend - worth checking in advance
5 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Overall, excellent hotel in walking distance to Michigan Ave and restaurants. Room was comfortable and quiet. Pool on 17th floor was warm and lounge chairs comfortable.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great Hotel in Downtown Chicago"
We really enjoyed the hotel. Staff was super friendly and helpful, and it is an elegant/modern decor. Our only complaint was that we could hear much of what was going on in the room next door through the adjoining door. The hotel restaurant 'Sable Kitchen and Bar' is excellent!
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Theodore
"I loved the Palomar"
The employes were so friendly and kind. I asked bobby, the concierge for some firm pillows and got the best pillows ever!!! I love the free coffee and cocktail hour. I will return often and recommend highly!!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
wendy
"Wondeful River North hotel!"
Beautiful hotel in the River North area, with awesome customer service. Everyone was wonderful, from the doormen to the front desk people. They were very helpful, even recommending a Packer bar for us to go watch the game! Would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Kate
"Good location friendly staff"
Love the free drinks 5-6 pm and morning coffee or hot chocolate till 10am. Friendly young staff - very helpful .... Good swimming pool ( though a little cold) but no one else seemed to notice. Room good size and great view. Very sound proof.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
I was satisfied in every way. In a great location right by subway stop.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"One of the best"
Wonderful. One of the best I've stayed at and is the bar which I will compare all other 4 star hotels by. My only suggestion would be a useable mini fridge and microwave.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Lovely, reasonable, perfect location."
Professional staff, very friendly. Bent over backward to make sure we were comfortable & great to our 12-year old. One tiny gripe is lighting in bathroom could be brighter. Staying here next time we visit the city. Staff just great. Oh, and dogs everywhere, which we loved. If you're allergic or have dog issues, this isn't the place for you.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
A
The staff is what makes this hotel shine, from the second you pull up to the valet to any interaction that you have with the staff. Everyone was so pleasant and went above and beyond to make sure that you had everything that you needed. Stanley and Mark were both a delight!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Amazing staff and service!"
We loved every minute and would return no question.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
bruce
Great location. Terrific staff. WONDERFUL beds and pillows!!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
I have to believe that Hotels.com got me the smallest room in the hotel. This was an opportunity for Palomar to showcase to a customer their beautiful hotel. Instead I got what I think was a handicap room. The shower was tiny. The room was small. The fridge had no room in it. The people were phenominal. I won't stay their again. Chicago is filled with great hotels. This one is middle of the rode at best.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
Keith
It was a great experience, the staff at the front desk were very helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounding area.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Location, comfort, cost"
Had a weekend stay here. Very comfortable, great location in near north of the loop. Very walkable, went from hotel to Michigan Ave, down to the Art Institute and back. Pleasant staff.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Perfect location, great hotel."
Hip, sharp, beautiful hotel in the perfect location in Chicago. We will stay at the Palomar again!
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
"Overnight Shopping Trip"
My Mom and I traveled to this beautiful hotel on a Monday and had a fabulous stay. We were close to shopping and a delicious restaurant called Benny's Chop House. Not only were we able to check in early, we enjoyed complimentary wine and appetizers that evening as well as a coffee and tea bar on Tuesday morning. The staff were polite, caring and professional - our needs were met above and beyond. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Palomar is Perfect"
In the city to catch a show during Thanksgiving Weekend--Palomar Hotel was AWESOME! The room was large and well appointed, the pool was not crowded, and the hotel is just steps away from great restaurants and shopping.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Comfortable and classy"
The hotel is very centrally located. The staff was friendly, the room comfortable and they had a cocktail party for the guests!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Alison
"Great hotel and very family friendly"
The hotel was fantastic and remarkably family friendly. The environment and staff were hip but not pretentious. Our small children were not only accommodated, but welcomed. Our only complaint is that the beds and pillow could be more comfortable. Notwithstanding, I would choose this hotel again due to overall level of satisfaction with the experience. Restaurant attached to hotel is superb.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"A well located property that offers great design."
Well thought out amenities, sophisticated design and great location provide an oasis of calm when visiting this energy charged city. The restaurant s breakfast is passable. though I never ate dinner there, it is said to be good. There is a fitness room and a lovely glass enclosed pool for healthful endeavors. Meeting interesting guests at the hotels free daily 5pm free wine reception is a treat!
"Gorgeous, comfortable, convenient, friendly hotel"
I was in town for a four-day conference a few blocks away...and what can I say? I made the right decision in staying at the Palomar and not at the conference venue. The nice staff are as superb as the facilities, from the excellent restaurant on the ground floor to the panoramic indoor pool on the 17th floor. My room was extremely comfortable, spacious, and well-appointed...a true home away from home and on-the-road office, all with spectacular views and a comfy bed. Quiet and clean with fast WiFi (free if you sign up for the Kimpton guest program). Great value for the money!
Bradley
Stayed recently while visiting my son at DePaul. 15 minutes from campus by subway and the red line entrance is a block away. Very convenient to the best of downtown.
"Very nice"
Outstanding place... Close to the michigan avenue
"Great hotel, staff, amenities."
Professional staff took care of all our needs. Great room, clean, modern.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Weekend Travele
"Nice Modern Hotel in Near North"
First visit to Chicago. Hotel is well located with public transportation, restaurants & shopping nearby. 5pm complimentary wine & flatbread in the lounge with gas fireplace was most appreciated after a day's sightseeing.
4 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Ronald
"Can beat this"
It was clean, convenient and pleasant. I would definitely recommend and would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
beatrice
"Great location and great staff"
The staff, from the bellman to front desk, are very nice. They offer water at the front and coffee in the AM and wine in the PM. The rooms are spacious and the outside terrace and gym were great.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Neville
"Convenient for Chicago Marathon and Pizza"
I stayed there for the 2014 Chicago Marathon and enjoyed the experience. They had coffee in the lobby at 5:00 am on marathon day, very nice. Close enough to the start to walk there and far enough away that it was a nice walk to get there.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"great location and great staff"
Our reservation was messed up when we got to the hotel. We were put in a room with double beds even though our reservation was for a king. The room we had reserved was sold out. The staff ended up putting us in a king suite with a jacuzzi tub. We were thrilled! They fixed the issue with an upgrade. Our mini honeymoon turned out great!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Great location, great staff. Overall good experience.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"A jewel in the loop."
Front desk very professional and friendly.
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
arthur
"great area"
It was very nice except that it was hard to control room temperature and sometimes it was a little warm and we couldn't do anything about that
3 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
It's a shame that I have to go down the street to get a decent cup of coffee!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Beautiful hotel with friendly staff"
I had a great experience at this hotel. The hotel has a great staff. The nightly wine hour was like icing on the cake.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Nice place!"
Stayed here for a ladies' weekend. Loved the rooftop terrace. Great neighborhood close to the El and Eataly. We didn't really like the sliding and unlockable door in the bathroom, but otherwise, no complaints! Loved the wine reception and the outdoor patio out front, too.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Great location with charming staff"
The Palomar was perfect for my husband and I in Chicago for the first time. Plenty of non-stop people watching from the street level terrace. Complimentary wine-hour at 5pm to top-off your day of adventure or start your evening with a touch of elegance. Surprisingly good coffee (also tea) in the morning to get you started. Big bonus - located one block from an actual grocery store to pickup supplies or buy a bunch of grapes when you're burnt out from too much vacation living.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Kathleen
"Bumpkins in the Big City"
Once we realized we could not get any hotel room in Chicago proper for less than $150 a night we decided to go with a chain we trust, that being Kimpton. The hotel and its staff did not disappoint but we made the rookie mistake of not factoring in parking. The only parking available at the hotel is valet parking, the cost of which put us seriously overbudget, especially as we were there for 3 nights.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014