All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Rotensterngasse 10, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Neighborhood hotel in Vienna"
Spacious room and very modern bath. Quiet neighborhood close to tram #2 which goes around the Ringstrasse and close to the metro station. Bakeries close by if one doesn't want to eat breakfast in the hotel. Easy walk to Swedensplatz.
5 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Comfortable and upscale"
Comfortable hotel on quiet street. Lovely room with wood floors and AC and nice veranda. Liked the water cooler in lobby. Not much free water in Europe!
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
kenneth
"Great location."
Great location, clean, quiet, and the staff were there to help (just be sure to ask).
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Imlauer Wien"
Generally nice hotel in more-less convenient location. Staff are OK but will NOT take an extra step to help the gues. Location is good if you are able to do good amount of walking. Within 12-14 blocks you can walk to the center if you can walk that much. Train is close by, but still about a block away. Area seems safe, we walked during all times of day and night no problem. Breakfast is ridiculeusly expensive. There are some small stores and cafes close by to eat and buy necessities if needed.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Marina
"Nice large room a quick ride from Vienna Center"
The Hotel and Room were very nice. It was our first stay for our trip to Austria, so the small streets were an adjustment. Fortunately no car to worry about. It was very easy to travel around to the main tourist sites in Vienna as the subway was a block from the hotel. It is a nice neighborhood with small stores, shops and restaurants around. Out of the main Vienna center, which is both good and unfortunate. Since we stayed in another location at the end of our trip, this site worked out very well, as you feel you are living amongst the inhabitants and not just with other tourists. The area felt very safe. We had a small balcony outside of our room, which was very nice to sit on at various times of the day. The view was of a courtyard, other building backs and roof tops. Not a great view but still nice and comfortable.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Jack
"DIRTY AND NASTY HOTEL"
The room carpet was wet. We ask for a room change and the hotel changed us to a room that was more dirty, even with papers on the floor. In the changing room, we forgot to bring the charger cell. The staff never found it. The internet never worked. The rooms are small al dirty and old
Other trip May 14, 2015
MANE SAXTON
"Objective"
Although I've checked that we would also have our daughter who is 5 years-old with us during the online reservation, it was not mentioned in the voucher. When I tried to solve this by writing to the hotel they told me to contact to Expedia. However, maybe because of a web site designing mistake, it was not possible to write to Expedia using the steps mentioned. And no flexibility was shown when we arrived to the hotel and asked for the correction of this mistake. As our daughter would sleep with us and we did not ask for extra beds, still 60 Euros were charged from us.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"great for business trip"
Stayed here for a conference; very friendly staff and close to the U2 metro stop.
6 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Perfect for business trips"
Business trip attending a conference. Hotel was equidistant from the conference venue and downtown. The hotel is in a decent neighborhood but it could have been nicer. For my needs, it was perfect. 12 minutes from the door to the conference and about the same to downtown where I ate dinner every night. Hotel staff was very helpful and they all spoke English, making it super easy for me since I don't speak German at all. I recommend this hotel if you are on business.
4 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Christopher
We are traveling around europe and after 4 destinations before Vienna this hotel was the best room and jus €10 above the average of the one we have stay during or trip.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Oscar Canas
"Great location, peaceful street, beatiful hotel!"
We booked last minute based on location to Prater Station. Great choice.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Judy
Very god location hotels is OK
1 night trip Dec 22, 2014
"Nice hotel, slightly off the beaten path."
The hotel is new on the interior, and well maintained. We booked a junior suite however we only got a larger room. It was very hot in the room, and even when I had the thermostat down to 10C the room was still 25C. The other issue is that they limit the TV to a low volume and is barely audible if anyone talks or is taking a shower while your trying to watch. One other weird thing was that housekeeping took or three away some small things. We came back one evening and my toothpaste was gone, and the day before it was the caps to some of my toiletries. The staff was friendly but their english is limited. I would go back.
"Met my needs"
Quick weekend shopping visit/stay during a business trip Close to everything (walking distance) relatively well priced (Budget friendly)
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Nice hotel. Comfort room. Good facilities. Very Good breakfast. Location a litel far from center city.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
zeev
"Nice hotel to spend a night while on a long trip"
I needed a place to stay during my trip from Split to Hamburg, this hotel provided a really pleasent room, clean, staff was very friendly.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Johny
"Excellent hotel"
If you do not mind a slightly detached garage, it is a great place to stay.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Good choice in a budget in Vienna. Great for a weekend
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Comfortable, modern, and clean"
We liked the recently remodeled room and restroom. I would stay at this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Camille
"Funny Hotel"
The air condition was miserable cause the reception mentioned if the temperature outside is below 20 C the AC wont work and you have to open the window ...lol funny..why it is called air condition ??and you need to go to a floor below ground floor to do ironing if need iron and iron board because it's not allowed in the room ,another funny story !!!!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Wfoaz
"Loved the Imlauer"
Excellent staff, superb breakfast, stylish rooms, convenient location. I am so glad I booked the Imlauer for my first trip to Vienna. Imlauer will be my first choice every time I return.
3 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Miguel
"Nice place to stay"
The hotel is excellent, and I found it to be a nice place to stay. The only challenge was one of access and parking. They have a small parking garage, but doesn't hold many cars, and it gets congested. Hard to get in and out as well.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
DeVon
"Great hotel, but a short walk to old town"
This hotel is modern and the rooms are spacious. Expect a 20 to 30 minute walk to the old town and castle, but the walk is nice as long as the weather is good. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Brittney M
"Nice hotel close to centre."
Staff are very nice, helpful, and efficient. Very good breakfast buffet. Very clean. Conveniently located near Underground and only 10-15 minute walk to St. Stephen's Cathedral/city centre.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"very nice hotel in central location of Leopoldstad"
Very friendly staff, clean hotel and central location
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
susan
"Trip to Vienna"
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The room had modern furniture and looked nice. We used the hotel to sleep and shower pretty much but not to spend the vacation in the hotel. The location was convenient to the subway which takes you to Vienna downtown very fast. The internet was a bit slow and disconnected itself at times. We had a problem with the shower drainage. The bathroom got soaked since the drain was not working. Maintenance arrived in 5 min and fixed it though. The breakfast is expensive but I enjoyed eating breakfast in other places like coffee shops and such to see other places and it was cheaper. I recommend the hotel for the price and location if you are going to use it like I did; a sleeping place near downtown area. The surrounding area does not have too much light but Vienna is very safe.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2014
Alex
"Charming neighborhood, comfortable and modern room"
Charming area, good staff, a perfect hotel for a weekend in Vienna. The rooms are small, so if you're planning on spending lots of time in your room, look elsewhere. But if you want a comfortable and modern place to sleep after a day of exploring Vienna, this is the place to stay.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Impression"
It was a nice hotel and location was good. Breakfast was twice the price of any where else so we ate elsewhere .
4 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
"Modern hotel near historic district"
Modern hotel in the heart of the city. Reasonable location with many nearby restaurants and within walking distance of the Danube. Great service. Clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Bmanthy
"Nice hotel, short walk to city center"
We wanted to stay within walking distance of the Vienna city center. This hotel is very much that. Easy to navigate and walk. It is also close to an underground train station. I found this hotel on hotels.com and it was about 30 percent off, so I think we got a nicer hotel for what we were planning to spend on the 2-night stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
stlpeach
"Close in, clean, comfortable."
Great place for the price. Expedia just told me I need to write more than the brief sentence I just wrote but as I don't get paid for this... I'm out of time. Sorry!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
annette
"Excellent staff, helped with special requests."
This staff here does a great job at helping with special requests. They also paid attention to wait for our lost luggage and received it and brought it to the room for us.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
A great stay in Vienna with a convenient location by two underground stops. Directions on the website are insufficient, I would definitely recommend looking them up beforehand. Hotel is clean with nice amenities and a great buffet breakfast (well worth the price). Staff could be a little bit friendlier on the whole, but all in all we were very pleased with our stay at Hotel Imlauer.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Very comfortable!"
Downside , when we arrived there was a note on the bed to join them for breakfast. The way it was phrased made it sound like it was included. It was not , however it was very good.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Quiet, cool and Very clean and classy!"
We visited 6 cities in Europe, and Hotel Imlauer was by far the best of all! Enjoy!
3 night family trip May 21, 2014
"Heating off in May with 8C outside"
The hotel is ok. A few blocks away from the VIenna action. The room was a bit small for the American standard but ok for the European norm. One relatively minor issue: Heat was off which I found out in the middle of the night. The excuse is that it is "summer time" while technically is still Spring and the temperature outside was 8C. They said they can provide space heaters or blankets, which seems unacceptable for a 4 star hotel.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"very nice for the price"
Recently updated and very comfortable, and close to the underground but thankfully in a quieter district than the tourist epicenter. Would stay there again. If breakfast were more reasonably priced, or were included in the rate, this place would be unbeatable.
5 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Awesome stay for a short getaway in Vienna"
My wife and I were going to be in Vienna for 3 days so we rented out a room at Hotel Imlauer Vienna. We could not have been more pleased with our stay at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, even helped us plan out a day trip outside of Vienna. The facilities are super nice and clean, the sauna was awesome. The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the U, which made it very easy to get around. The area surrounding the hotel felt very safe at night. We didn't have a car so I can't comment on parking situation and costs associated with it. We didn't eat at the hotel at all so not sure about the price or quality. But prices in Vienna are a little bit high overall anyways. I would highly recommend staying here.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Minhaz
"Great hotel close to 2 metro stops"
Great hotel. Loved the location. Very close to two different metro lines, so depending where you were traveling you could choose which to take. Made it very convenient for daily travel. Hotel was very clean with great service. The beds were a little firmer than I prefer, however I would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2014
"Clean, Friendly, and Near the U-Bahn!"
I checked in early in the morning, and was offered a room upgrade and daily breakfast for a nominal fee, which I accepted. I found the room to be large by Euro standards, and very clean. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful, and spoke wonderful English. The breakfast was very nice, as were the dining room staff. My only complaints about the entire week-long stay are that the chairs in the room were uncomfortable for sitting, and that the room cleaning staff was stingy with bar soap replacement... I eventually caught the cart in the hallway, and procured my own bar soap that way. But overall, a wonderful stay.
7 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Very reasonably priced Vienesse Hotel"
We had very modest expectations based on the price. Wow were we surprised!!! This was a very nice, modern hotel close to transportation and a short walk to the center of town. Our stay was very comfortable. The staff and recommendations they provided were excellent. I can recommend without reservation.
5 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
We had a s"suite " with access to an outside terrace - very spacious by European standards - clean , friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Janet
"good hotel"
good sleep. good location, reasonable, no complaints
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Nice hotel,close to city center and trasnportation"
Great location, a short ride from the city center. The room was very clean and spacious. Fair prices.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Nice hotel 20 mins from Vienna center"
This is a nice hotel situated 20 mins from city center. Breakfast are very good but nothing unusual. Rooms are nice too. Not very good mattress because one double bed contains of two parts. But in general it is a very good hotel.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Ruslan
lobby wasnt fancy but staff was great and the rooms were very nice and new and clean
3 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"The first and the last time i will go there"
We had a terrible experience with the staff of the hotel.Altough we asked them were should we park the car and they said that in front of the hotel till 9 am it s free,when they change the shift they called the car picking service and took our car away We had to pay 250eur in order to get our car back.When we confrunted the manager he said to us that we are liars and he left leaving us with only one explaination:i dont care Lausy people with no experience in customer service I will never go back to this hotel again
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear Guest, I have received your comments regarding your stay at the IMLAUER Hotel Vienna. Of course, you can park your car on the Rotensterngasse until 09:00 a.m. but not on the „No-parking zone“. Our front-office staff give you this information! The short-stay-parking zone is free of charge from 10.00 p.m. until 09:00 a.m. Please understand that all traffic signs means the same worldwide and we trust that all our guests may read this on their own. I wish to assure you that we at the IMLAUER Hotel are sincere in our aim to make sure that our guests receive a high standard of service. If you are planning on returning to Vienna, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so we can restore your faith in us. We look forward to see you among our returning guests. With best regards from Vienna Gerald Wlcek General Manager
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"great!"
The hotel is very clean, rooms spacious and new. I will come again!
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2014
Nikolina
"A good hotel for a weekend, located near the cente"
Good location in the 2nd quarter. Centre in 5-7 minutes. Excellent large rooms. Next to the metro.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Aleksander
"Very nice hotel"
The hotel is clean and nice, rooms are spacious; the bathroom is very nice and also very clean. The staff was polite but quite indifferent (not smiling, not talking nicely, just doing their job as fast as they can so as to get rid of the customer). We stayed there at Christmas, but there was no welcome treat or "feel at home" attitude. There is a coffee pot in the room, with two packs of Nescafe and tea, but they don't restock it, so we had coffee for the first day only. It was not very nice, considering the fact that every store and coffee shop around was closed for Christmas and the only coffee/food option was McDonalds which is 5 min away... The hotel management should think about this small things that make a big difference, expecially for holidays and special occasions. The hotel is about 30 min walk from the city center, very easy to find the way, and 5 min walk to the metro. In general the location is good for those who like walking.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014