All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Rotensterngasse 10, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Adequate hotel in a quiet neighborhood"
I was somewhat dissapointed by the hotel. The room is on a small side. Breakfast was not included in the price. On arrival, we were offered a larger room with breakfast included, but had to pay quite a bit more for this. As far as breakfast is concerned, there are a number of coffee places around the corner where you can have a wonderful breakfast for third of the price of the hotel's. the hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood that becomes absolutely dead at night. Getting to the center though is very convenient and fast: either by tram #2 or by metro. You can also reach the city center on foot in 10-15 minutes.
6 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
"New, modern hotel"
Great stay. Very happy with hotel and pricing. A little further than we wanted to city center, but manageable. some of our rooms were a little small, but overall very comfortable. Would stay there again!
2 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
"Everything was perfect exept.."
Our stay was perfect: room was big, clean and new. Every day they cleaned very tightly. And breakfast was good, only a little bit expensive. The only thing that was disappointing was the stuff on reception, unhelpful.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
vicks
"Very nice room, good locatio0n, great staff"
The Immlauer Hotel chain is very nice and the rooms are large. The only negative that we experienced was the high cost of the breakfast offered, we chose to eat at the numerous local cafes.
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Paul Elliot
Convenient location. Friendly staff and provided some service on special request, as had confirmed earlier. Rooms are a bit small but that can be explained by the hotel's convenient location (a satisfied customer).
7 night business trip Sep 14, 2013
P. Dash
"good hotel for the price"
convenient location, good price. internet access is limited intermittently
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear value guest, thank you very much for your comments on tripadvisor. We are very happy that do you had a nice stay at our hotel. Our WIFI-connection is now brand new and works properly now. I really do hope to welcome you back at any time. Best regards Daniel Zwieb Asst. General Manager
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"Nothing exceptional. No complains"
Close to public transportation.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Excellent value for money"
The hotel itself was in mint condition, with new and modern facilities. I had a clean, spacious room + storage space, with useful amenities including tea/coffee + kettle, television, snack bar, etc. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. Hailed cabs were less than 5 minutes away, the U-bahn and S-bahn were reasonably close, and the neighborhood itself seemed safe. A supermarket, bakery, and a great little restaurant (Bahur-Tov) were all within walking distance. This was a really excellent hotel at a really excellent price.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
"Nicely renovated rooms"
The location isn't exactly city-center (or it would be more expensive), but close enough. I enjoyed the room which was a little roomier and newer than a lot that I was in in our entire month-long vacation in Europe and UK. Nice bar, helpful staff.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Amazing hotel in Taborstrasse near city centre."
The room was really clean and beautiful, a very good hotel! I recommend this structure to all.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"nice modern rooms, very quiet towards courtyard"
good value for the money. good for a weekend trip. hotel is really nice and modern.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
andreas
"great for family"
this is a great hotel with hardwood floor which I can't find in U.S. We love it very much, beautiful interior. will stay here for next visit.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2013
yuan
"better options available"
Neighborhood and room were depressing, closeness to u-bahn station was good. Hotel staff were completely uncooperative, I was told I had to upgrade my room to get a bath robe and run down to the basement during their work hours to use the iron. Room itself was like a hospital room, sparse ikea-like furniture and not very welcoming, I must say though that it was very clean. Hallways had automatic lighting which really cheapened the whole experience. Overall this is a 3 star hotel and should not be considered 4 stars.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
A
"Good hotel near city center"
Hotel is very comfortable, wi-fi was included. It is one block away from a metro station a also one block from a tram stop. You can also reach city center by walking, very easy and beautiful walk. Staff speaks english and was helpful and friendly. Room size was OK. The closest metro station is just one stop away from a big station where you can change to other lines. That station is also a train station, you can reach the airport in 30 minutes from there. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Rodrigo
"location was great! Not far to walk to subway"
Staff were outstanding, always helpful with hints of what and where we wanted to see. Signed up for a city bus tour and castle visit. Record temperature ever in Vienna, 104. We also used the subway system almost every day and were all over the city. The food was great, service was awesome and we would stay there again in a heart beat. Thank you for helping get the reservation.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Great Location & Service"
The hotel was quite a good value with all the amenities we would have expected to pay more for. The room was very comfortable and the staff was helpful. The desk clerk even came outside to help us navigate into their parking garage. The fitness center was great and had free water!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
Jay
"clean and conveniently located"
I was impressed with the hotel when I first walked in. It was modern looking. The room was new, clean and nicely decorated. It is conveniently located close to the sights, and close to the metro. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"great everything!"
I highly recommend this hotel. It's inexpensive, conveniently located, clean, comfortable and friendly. I don't know what more you could want in a hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Reasonably priced hotel, nothing fancy"
I chose this hotel because it was outside of the city centre, which makes parking a little easier. The Expedia VIP badge also influenced my decision, but no room upgrade was offered at check-in. The room was a reasonable size, the bathroom was large too but didn't have a bath (which could easily have been accommodated on the floor plan). Bed and room fittings were quite cheap.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Good location, very clean rooms."
There is a small fridge in the room (a minibar), we used it to store our stuff. They supply teabags and coffee (NesCafe) and refill every day. They have a free wi-fi in the rooms. The speed is sufficient for checking e-mails and random browsing, but not for viewing of online videos. Also looks like they block YouTube somehow. The only TV channels in English are news chanel and EuroSport. You can leave your baggage in the hotel prior to check-in and after the check-out as well. The city tax is not included in the room price, we paid 6 Euro for 3 nights. Also they require a deposit of 50 Euro (via credit card) at the time of check-in. There is no view on the city from the windows.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Great location. Good price. Small, but ultra nice."
Even tour drivers say this is one of the best hotel deals in central Vienna.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Lee
"Close to the Old Town. Walking distance to just ab"
Hotel was great. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Hotel was immaculate and the Breakfast was very good.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Good value and location"
This was a good place to stay. The hotel was conveniently located just north of the Ringstrasse within walking distance to all major attractions and just a couple blocks from the subway. The room was smaller than what they put on their website, which is typical as they either chose their largest rooms to show or used wide-angle lens to take the photos. Although outside the building looked traditional, inside was entirely modern– decent bed and firm mattress, great shower, and a safe for your valuables. Breakfast was an additional charge of twelve euros, since I was there for four nights; otherwise it would be seventeen euros per person. The food was good– from scrambled or hardboiled eggs to sausages, cheeses, cold cuts, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, pickles, croissants or Danishes, fruits and a variety of breads. I especially like the German whole wheat bread with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. There were about three kinds of juices, typically orange, apple and tomatoes, sometimes grapefruit too. Although breakfast was not cheap, it was worth it because of its convenience. When you wake up, it’s there. The staff was very friendly both in the dinning room and the front desk. They spoke decent English with confidence, even when it was not grammatically correct. Most TV channels were in German, plus BBC, CCTV, Euronews, and many CNBC, among many others. The best part was the value, when I booked the hotel as a package with flights. Hotels within the Ringstrasse were much mo
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Wifi signal very weak, A/C was weak also. Half a mile away from the center of town. No parking on street and hotel garage cost 24 euros a night.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Luis
"Nice Hotel and pretty near to the city center"
I was visiting Vienna for the first time with my Family and booking this hotel turned out to be a very good decision, from Expedia. Very economical according to the services and facilities provided in the rooms. Staffs were friendly and attentive. Hotel itself is located near the subway U3 or U2 each only 2 stop away from the city center Stephanplatz . My full recommendations.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Outstanding"
Exquisite experience. Been there for one night only, but what an upgrade after Italy. This 4 star hotel would have been off the star scale in Italy or the US. A pleasant surprise, I will be back.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Very nice stay"
Hotel was very clean and modern with large size room. Great shower and comfortable bed (pillows could have been a little larger). Our room had a balcony. WIFI worked very well. We took the S7 train from the airport and walked to hotel with bags. Bit of a struggle, but it can be done. U2 stops are closer and easy to use from this hotel. I would stay here again.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2013
"Located Close to Metro, Clean Rooms"
Nice, clean place close to the Taborstrasse U-Bahn stop. Very close to a nice little breakfast place, as well as a Spar Gourmet and Aldi. Staff helped us out a lot.
4 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great staff, comfortable quarters"
Staff very accommodating and helpful overall. Fabulous attitude. Breakfast included wide variety of items prepared well. Only problem we encountered was the fact that our GPS did not recognize the street where the hotel is located, even though the neighborhood is hundreds of years old, on the edge of the Old Town.
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear guest, thank you very much for your great comment. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will forward your positive words to all our employees, as this is the best motivation for the future. We hope to welcome you again soon. Best regards, Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"No Stay"
Broken pipes flooded our rooms so we were unable to stay there. They did find us another place that was ok, except they wanted to charge us 36 Euros a day to park. Found a place for 20.
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear value guest, I regret that you experienced some inconveniences with your vacation in Vienna. Please be assured that guest satisfaction has the first priority and we really do our very best to make everybody as happy as possible – I still hope to welcome you back for a stay in our Hotel Imlauer Wien. Best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip May 24, 2013
Connie
"Modern and clean."
Excellent hotel. Room size is large by European standards. Modern and recently remodeled. Their website says it's only a 10 minute walk to downtown, which isn't exactly true unless you run the entire distance. But no biggie, since the subway stops down the street. Just be aware the hotel is in a side street. In all, a good value (but no free breakfast buffet). I recommend.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
Burgerwars
"Good night sleep....."
Nice room in quiet and clean hotel. Close to the center and yet far enough from all the busy tourist sites
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
"Great Vienna Hotel!!!"
The stay at the Imlauer in Vienna was great. The room was completely modern,up to date and very clean. The staff was outstanding in assisting us with information and making dinner reservations at local restaurants in Vienna. We both agreed when returning to Vienna we would certainly stay at the Imlauer Hotel in Vienna.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Great hotel for a family"
The hotel was conveniently located to sights, found a great bar to eat at. Although staff was trying to be helpful, gave us wrong information regarding bus and train to budapest. I thought I was catching a bus at 8:10 turned out that the bus was leaving at at 11:00, and the train leaving at 10:00 actually left at 7:56, we barely made it for that. Yes getting around can be easy for those that live there but staff needs to remember that we are tourists and need more info then just turn left and then left again, luckily people were more friendly and gave better instructions.
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback regarding our service. I will share your comments with our team and I will make sure that all your remarks are being taken care of and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to serving you in the future. Best regards, Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotel IMLAUER & Nestroy Wien
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
"right by the Ubahn"
pretty good location if you wanna use the subway... i would use this hotel again and again for the price and location
2 night trip Mar 27, 2013
david
"Close to U-Bahn"
The location was ok - a fairly long walk to get across the river, but an easy walk to a U-Bahn station made it suitable for exploring Vienna. The hotel itself was modern and well-maintained, however our room was not quite as clean as expected upon check-in. Our bed for two was really just comprised of two single beds pushed together, and an odd mix of blankets meant it was not the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in, although it wasn't terrible. Staff was polite but did not seem interested in going out of their way for conversation or recommendations. Overall it was not a bad experience, but not quite up to par with what we were expecting.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2013
"Very good hotel"
A very good and clean hotel, staff are helpfull, had a pleasent stay. Very good price/quality! Location is also fine, very close to two metro stations.
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear value guest, Thank you very much for your review here on expedia. It’s a pleasure to read through your kind and worm words. We do offer ironing service, our guest can choose between shelf-ironing in the ironing room or laundry/ironing service made by the laundry. I hope to see you again soon. Best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
Other trip Mar 6, 2013
Alex
location is good, 2 METRO stops from the City Centre Brand new hotel, very contemporary design
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear value guest, Thank you very much for your great review. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you back again very soon. Best regards Daniel Zwieb Assistent General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2013
Eduardo
"perfect"
The room was small but perfectly set up. The staff could not have been nicer!
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2012
B Marcus
"Good to stay"
Nice hotel, good location, clean room, only breakfast is expensive and one of the beds is old in our room.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
Doctor
"Comfortable, Quiet, Easy Walk to Center"
Great hotel. Close to the center of town but also far enough that there's a local feel. Great local bar immediately next to the hotel with a great scene and an amazing selection of beers. Within 10 minute walk to all the main sites in Vienna and convenient for public transit. Recently renovated. I will stay here again!!
Other trip Nov 17, 2012
"Nice hotel but somewhat rude staff"
Good location witha 20 minute walk to the Old City. The staff however needs to be trained to be polite and customer driven (bartender included).
Response by Hotel Imlauer Vienna
Dear value guest, Thank you very much for your review and your positive feedback. Please be assured that guest satisfaction has the first priority and we train our staff on a regular basis in order to hold and improve our service-quality. I hope to welcome you back any time and remain, With best regards Gerald Wlcek General Manager Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien
4 night romance trip Oct 7, 2012
Shailesh V
"Modern hotel near the metro line"
There were two metro lines a short distance from the hotel. We were able to find free street parking on Saturday and Sunday and put our car in the hotel garage for Monday which saved us a little money. Several very nice bake shops close by so we decided not to used the hotel's breakfast. They did not have a self serve laundry. The staff was helpful. The hotel is located on a one way street and it took LOTS of turns around the neightborhood to finally reach the entrance.
3 night family trip Oct 6, 2012
"Overall a Nice Stay"
This hotel is very convenient to the subway line to get into town. I don't agree with some of the previous comments about the area seeming "unsafe". My wife and I felt very comfortable walking to and from the public transportation at all hours of the day and night. From the subway, you can get anywhere in the city in no time! Overall this is a nice hotel. My only complaint is that the beds were REALLY hard and a bit uncomfortable. Other than that the accomodations were quiet, clean, internet worked great. I would stay here again
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Definately stay here again!"
I was amazed of the location of the hotel, Subway was 2 min walk and it took us 10 minutes to get to Schonbrun Castle on the other side of the town. I couldn't booked any other better reasonable priced hotel. The breakfast buffet was rich, and the staff friendly and professional. The hotel is only 2 years old and you think it opened yesterday. The bathroom were large and gave a boutique feel, room was exceptional clean and had all the amenities needed (mini bar, safe, HDTV, AC, windows opened). - If I ever travel to Vienna again, I will definately stay here again!!! - Thank you.
Trip with friends Oct 1, 2012
"comfort close to city center"
We had a suite for three adults which included a king sized bed and then a single fold out sleeper chair. It was perfect for our 4 night stay. We opted not to have the breakfast at the hotel as it seemed rather expensive and there are many cafes / bakeries in the area with inexpensive, quality food. It is a very short (less than 5 minute) walk to the nearest subway station, and indeed a very short walk to the city center as the website advertises. Staff was very responsive via email prior to the trip as well as during our stay.
4 night family trip Sep 16, 2012
A.
"recent stay"
It was overall a very pleasant stay! Hotel does not provide free breakfast and charges 18 euros for that which is a lot. But there are so many places in Vienna where you can get excellent breakfast for lot cheaper. Enjoy your stay in Vienna - it's a fantastic city!!!
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
"nice hotel"
I liked the place, only concern is the high price of the breakfast. I find 17EUR is somewhat expensive for a breakfast
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2012
"Large room with quaint balacony"
After a rough start (I had phoned the hotel two weeks prior to my stay to arrange a shuttle from the airport and this request was not honored) things improved. The hotel staff was apologetic and offered my travel companion and I a free drink at the bar. Nothing soothes a misunderstanding like a freshly made Mojito. The bar tender lacked the friendly outgoing personality I'm accustom to, (grumpy comes to mind). Our room was beautiful. Mid-modern with plenty of room for our bags. The bathroom was huge and spotlessly clean. I only wish it held the bath tub I was hoping for. The walk out balcony was a nice treat and distracted the fact that we had no view of the city--just the inside court view of the wall of windows of other rooms in this hotel. Daniel and the rest of the staff were very sweet and accommodating. He efficiently booked tours for us and was always friendly and helpful when giving us directions to sites in the city and the Metro system. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if given the opportunity.
4 night trip Aug 22, 2012
Sue
Very clean and comfortable room
3 night trip Jul 27, 2012