All hotels in Berlin, Germany
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereElla - Trebe - Straße 9, Berlin, BE, 10557, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great for travel by train"
This hotel is very conveniently located for late train arrivals or early departures. It is about 1 minute from the train station. The room was clean, we had TV in English, and there is a great rooftop patio where you can bring a beer and enjoy the view. The only part that we didn't like was that there was nowhere inside or in a secure area to store the bikes. We ended up locking them outdoors on rental bike racks.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Simple but good for the price"
First off, the blonde woman at the front desk was not very friendly. I'm just going to assume she was in a bad mood. The overall hotel is just one step above a hostel which was fine with me since I had a short stay. Everything was about average. I reserved two double bunk beds. The rooms were quite small, but the one in the corner was of decent size. I didn't expect it to be a huge room so no big deal. It has everything you need, a bed, a towel, a bathroom. It's simple and within walking from the metro.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"Great hotel close to the station"
I was surprised by its closeness to the station as soon as I've arrived Berlin Hbf. We stayed here for one night and everything is great. It seems the lower floors is hostel so that the front is always filled with people, but our room was clean and quiet (even through the track is right out of the window but it was really quiet). The Internet is fast, too.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Kenneth
"Good hotel"
Everything was great (room, bathroom, staff) except for the WiFi which was terrible.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Cheap"
Next to central station. Dirty rooms.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Gerardo
"Location is fine, small but clean room and bathroo"
The locations is perfect, the rooms are very small but very clean. The bathroom was perfect (clean and good size). Maybe the rooms are very small but only for sleeping its ok. The internet didnt work inside my room. I had to get close to get signal.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Ronald
"Hotel with easy Access to main station and aiports"
Overal its was an Ok experience but wouldn´t stay here again. Upon arrival i found hairs in the bed sheets and in between the folded duvet cover which made me wonder if they changed the bed sheets from prior guest. Anyway I decided to ask for others and chenged them myself. Also on my lasy night before my departure, I was supposed to wake up at 5 am to depart to the airport, and it was imposible to sleep until after 1 am because people were slamming and yelling on the corridor and after they were loud noises in the next room knocking the wall. I interacted little with the front desk but staff were ok there. I decided to stay at this hotel becauses of the easy access to city and my late arrival and early depature to/from Berlin. Overall I wouldn´t stay here again and would have a look at the other hotels (which were plenty) near here.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Mauricio
"Last night in Berlin"
Ok but the TV did not work
1 night trip Nov 16, 2014
"Good for transit stay"
Overall impression as in a good youth hostel rather than a hotel
"Great location, small rooms."
Just steps from the Hauptbahnhof entrance, so location is ideal. Rooms are very small, but clean. Lobby is often chaotic, seemingly at all hours, but survivable. Front desk staff were very good.
2 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
"Meininger Berlin Station - Not for light sleepers"
Location is great if you are coming in and out by train and don't want to carry your bags across town, the hotel is literally attached to the train station. Rooms are basic but comfortable, breakfast area is simple but adequately stocked. Bar is good but a little expensive. Downside with location to train station is when they decide to make service announcements over the external speakers at 2am - not for light sleepers.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Convenient to train station"
Convenient to train station.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"A for location D for facility and service"
We were visiting Berlin during our one night layover, and Air Berlin mistakenly checked thru our baggage so we were making do without our morning amenities. The receptionist was cold and harsh when asked about any amenities like complimentary tooth brush etc. The room was hostel like with bunk beds, and extremely spartan and small. Bathroom was clean and operational, but with no hair dryer. The train station nearby is main station, and has excellent range of eateries.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Anil
"Great location, tiny room"
The location is fantastic - right on top of the Central Station in Berlin. 15 mins walk from the Bundestag, 20-25 mins walk from the Brandenberg gate. This is dream location. But the rooms are tiny, space is uncomfortable, and the top bunks don't leave enough headroom.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Basic but cheerful and clean. Great location"
For a family of four, getting a room with two bunk beds wasn't quite what we expected, was expecting a double and a bunk bed. Room was very cramped, but clean and had a nice updated bathroom. Anyway its a good value given the location is very convenient for the main station and city center. The hotel had a fun youthful feel and clientele, and suits budget minded travelers - you can cook your own food and do laundry if you want. Good value breakfast available too. You can also join others in the downstairs or rooftop bars and games rooms at night .If you are the sort of traveler who wants to spend every waking hour out doing stuff (and spending your money doing that not on hotels) then this place is great. However if you like to spend time relaxing in luxury in your room you might be disappointed.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Bevan
"great location! amazing location"
great location Wi-Fi was spotty, actually Wi-Fi wasn't great. I think it was sure to the amount of people staying and connected. But hotel is great second time at a meininger hotel first one was Amsterdam which was also great!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Brandon
"convenient location"
everything was fine except for the wifi, which was incredibly slow, really not adequate.
4 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Ann
"Terrible stay, inconfortable."
It was vert bad experiance because the hotel was full with more of 200 students. The lobby was full, the restaurant was always full, elevators. The room was very small without space and the air conditioner did not work properly. In the flirts night I asked for a biger room but IT was deneid.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
ale
The rooms were small and congested. Bathroom was not clean
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Excellent location but terrible WIFI connection
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Good hotel and location"
Easy to get around Berlin from the hotel being right next to main train station. Only draw back during my stay was that there were tons of High School kids... Loud and a bit rowdy... But overall good! Good breakfast but get there early if all the HS kids are there!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"OK. Staff is nice."
I only chose this hotel because of its location - it's next to the HBF. I booked last minute, so I definitely overpaid, but if you can get a good deal in advance, I suppose it would be worth it. The other hotels in the vicinity were too expensive, and I really only needed a room close to the HBF since I had an early morning train to catch. Overall, this hotel was satisfactory. The staff were nice and helpful. The room was okay. I was a little disappointed probably because I paid too much, but it did the job. Unfortunately, it was really hot in Berlin and there was no air conditioning in the rooms, only fans that didn't really work. It was so hot and stuffy I felt like my head was going to explode. I was forced to keep the window open, so unfortunately I didn't get to sleep until around 3am due to the constant noise. I would recommend requesting a room away from the central station.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Stacey
Very good for Young age group to stay
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Great low budget hotel!"
The rooms are small, but perfect for travelling. The location was great, right next to the train station. I would highly recommend this hotel to people who don't need a large room, just somewhere to put their things and sleep. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Great place!"
Clean, close to everywhere ,aforable
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Thank ysou for your feedback - glad to hear that you had a good stay at MEININGER! All the best - your M-Team
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Centrally located, which is the concept"
Rooms too small. It was myself and my children who are 16 and 21. We were crammed in the room which is different from the other meininger that we stayed in the other cities but doable.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Angela
"Next to Berlin HBF train station"
Excellent everything except for the wifi in the room, it didn't work!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Camilo
"More hostel than hotel"
We picked it because of location (Berlin Mitte) and price ($70 for four people) so I did not expect luxury. It's cramped, with LOTS of students, but more or less comfortable (two bunk beds in a room the size of a large cracker box) for the price. The one thing that was annoying was the folks in the next room who had probably partied all night in the city, then came back to their room at about 5 am and were LOUD until about 7am. My wife said: "Not sure I would want to stay there again." I am ambivalent.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Dear Jeff Thank you for your feedback - MEININGER do have a great variety of guests (families, school groups, backpackers..) - these beds are perfectly suited for this purpose. I understand the situation regarding the noise and I am really sorry for that, usually our nightshift check all floors during the night. All the best, your MEININGER-Team
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Very nice, modern hostel in great location"
This was my first time staying at a hostel and I've been told that this hostel is a lot nicer and more modern than most. While the room is small, everything (including the bathroom, which is always really important to me) was very clean and well maintained. The shared kitchen is great and breakfast is a good deal (all you can eat and drink for €6). The location is very strategic. You can't find a hotel closer to the Central station. There's a good mix of people staying here: families, big groups of friends, couples and solo travelers. Everyone seems to respect each other's quiet time at night, which is great. I would stay here again next time I'm in Berlin. The only downside is that the wireless was really slow. Also, hotels.com should clarify that this is a hostel.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Vania
"Walking steps to the train station"
Good staff and exactly opposite side of the main train station.. average rooms but clean.. you might be annoyed because there are too much students which makes the internet connection so weak and disconnected regularly. . But overall it's good for a short stay
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Affordable place to stay right by the train"
The Meininger was a decent place to stay for the money. Our double room was a bit small but the hotel makes up for it with lots of common space.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Thanks for your comment! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels ;-)
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
Nic
"Convenient location"
The location was godd for train travelers. The front desk person needs more training as he was unable to find our pre-paid reservation booked through hotels.com without assistance from other staff. It would have been nice if the promised washer and dryer had worked. But it was very clean and there were families as well as single travelers.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Dear Barbara, thank you very much for your comment. We are sorry that one of our staff members could not find your reservation in the first moment. But with help of someone else and your booking confirmation or the correct name of the person who booked the room, we were able to check you in. Unfortunately the washing machine was out of order during your stay, but it is already been fixed and working again ;-) We hope to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels! Your MEININGER Team
4 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Very basic, convenient hotel"
There is nothing special about the hotel, but it is very close to the Central Train Station. It was very convenient for forward travel. The room offered the basics, but little more. It was small, but it was a single room. I would recommend if you are taking the train, but don't expect luxury. Fairly priced.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2013
LewieE
Very nice hotel. Great staff and tasty breakfast. Proximity to train station a plus. A bit of a sketchy neighborhood at night. Overall top notch facilities.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
The room was small .however the aircon was not working and so were fans which we were told could not take the load as the hotel was full .we could not open the window as the Noise due to trains and construction was unbearable .when we asked for help from the desk , they misguided us informing that if u close the window the aircon will work .when this did not happen , they told they do not have aircon and hotel was over booked .room was suffocating as summer heat and window could not be opened fully was bad experience .the person at the reception was blaming nature rather than take corrective measure .staying 2 nights was night mare .only advantage was closest to hbf but repeated request to change room did not happen and they have one more hotel in city which was also booked fully and hence could not shift .the wifi is free but very slow .lot of noise due to students occupying the bunker accomodation and reception was crowded .when we checked in had good experience but after staying for first night , realised it was a mistake .
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
First time there, next to chancellory, Reichstag and other public offices. Brandenburger Tor and Tiergarten only a few minutes' walk from hotel. Due to it's proximity to the central station, it's VERY conveniently located to reach almost any place in the city by S-Bahn. There is no A/C to really cool the room. Berlin seems to be hot only for a few weeks a year. Very nice receptionists. On a hot summer night you need to open the window and the noise from the railway station can be heard. Not a tragedy though. We'd surely return to this very same hotel on our next trip to Berlin.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
"Easy to find this hotel"
Location is very convenient for further travel and for the city sightseeing. Staffs are all friendly; we are not big size people, so we had a nice stay.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2012
Tomi
The hotel was very convenient to the Hauptbanhof and was clean.
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2012
"Add an "s" to hotel and you get hostel"
This family of 3 adults (1 late 20's and 2 in their 50's) had a late night arrival at Berlin's Schonefeld Airport and an early morning departure from Tegel Airport. Staying near the Haupbanhof Berlin was our solution and, thus, our reservation at Hotel Meininger. A midnight arrival in the lobby was like walking into a university dorm party -- loud, boisterous, teens and 20-somethings. Check-in was quick and room was easy to find. Despite the room being right at the elevator and the noise of the lobby, it was quiet and peaceful in the building. Noise from the neighboring taxi stand was bearable. Notably, nowhere in the hotel listing did we realize that a "room for 3" was really 2 bunk beds. Minimalist room -- no phone, no clock, no closet. But, it was CLEAN, it was CONVENIENT, and it was CLOSE. So, despite a near-hostel experience, it wasn't bad -- just not quite what we expected.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2012
DrMom57
"More like a hostel, better for backpackers"
It was literally right next to the train station so it is a good location if you have to catch a very early morning train as I did. It is a short walk from the Reichtag, Bradenburg gate and Holocaust memorial. However, the hotel felt more like a hostel than a hotel. Many groups of kids and backpackers. Very loud and extremely busy with young students. The breakfast was not included and cost 5 euro per person but was not worth the price at all. Nothing there except coffee, some bread a couple cereals and very basic meat and cheese. Would have been way better to just go across the street to the train station for breakfast and much cheaper. The room was small and not that comfortable. We could not get the AC to work and it was very hot. I would only recommend this hotel for backpackers or those looking for hostels though the price is higher than what you would pay at a hostel.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2012

"it is good location, enjoyed the family trip"
overall it was very good stay, enjoyed the family trip
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
vijaya pratap kumar
"Give the breakfast option a skip."
2 nights in Berlin. Can't get more practical than this in terms of location to the main train station. Good WIFI Internet access. Do yourself a favour though and get breakfast somewhere else. For the price been charged they offer very little. The lifts can also take forever in the morning, so factor this in if you need to get out early and you staying on one of the higher levels.
2 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2015
ZA
"Comfortable beds in a very reasonably priced hotel"
Excellent location, near to main railway station... Comfy beds, fresh towels daily, sound proof windows with electric shutters... Shower gel provided in modem bathroom...
3 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
karen
"Short but sweet stay"
I stayed for 1 night. The room was small - a single - but it had everything I needed and it was clean and modern. It was even closer to the station than I'd expected which was good. I would happily stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"good for short stay"
no slippers nor toothbrush available in room.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"Cheap city hotel by main trainstation"
Nice and cheap for a city hotel, if you don't mind hostel atmosphere then maybe it's for you (a lot of young travellers on school trips). But other than that it's a nice and clean hotel. And even with young travellers it's quiet. But if you need wifi then make sure you ask for a room with good wifi because not all rooms are good. But that's no problem because you can go to the lounge to use it there. We asked for a double bed because only twin rooms are available and thought they would change the twins into a double by putting a double sheet on and giving us a duvet for two but no, I had to get up in the night to push the beds back together as they were eating us in the night lol. Also if you want to add extra night here, book on Internet as they will charge you more at the reception.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
"Hope they will get some new sheets"
The location is pretty good and we don't even need google map to locate the place, it is just beside the central station (but you have to pick the right side of the exits). The hotel staffs are very nice and helpful. I did not try the breakfast but I had a look when I checked out, for a 5.9 euro breakfast I'd say it is a good deal. But one thing need to say is the sheet is pretty old and pilling... I had to get out my blanket to put on the sheet, which is not very pleasant.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Simple and great"
It was very pleasant and in a great location to access everything easily.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"Good value for overnight stop"
Good value for an overnight stop, next to the Hauptbahnhof so very convenient. Rooms are not spacious for if you are planning a longer trip with family you may want to go for something else.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"great budget hotel for quick stop over"
good budget hotel, friendly staff.great for a quick overnight stop if catching the train. If you want to spend lots of time in your room then I'd go for a different hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014