All hotels in Berlin, Germany
Ella - Trebe - Straße 9BerlinBE10557Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
fine lower cost alternative next to the Hauptbahnoff
4 night business trip Feb 16, 2016
Conrad
"Highly recommended!"
One of my favorite during my European tour. I stayed only for 1 night and i feel like i dont want to leave my room. Its so near to the Berlin hbf. You can also explore the nearby sights. The sightseeing buses stops just right next to the hotel. We arrived at around 11:30am, but the check in time is 3pm, but you can keep your luggages in their luggage room. Explore the city while waiting for the time, thats what we did, and we came back at 6pm and of course our room was waiting for us. This hotel won't fail you.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
Saharajane
You walk out of the train station and it is just to the right. The price was incredibly low - it didn't include breakfast but that was only 6.90 euros/person for quite a large buffet. I was with my two sons who are in their twenties so the 2 bunk bed room worked great. It wasn't luxurious but fit the bill and the price/location was right. Right near tiergarten and the Brandenburg gate was only 10 minutes away
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
WENDY
"A lot of people"
There are always a lot of people coming in and going out. It's very loud, even on the 8th floor. It is very close to the train station though.
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
"Not worth it"
Pros: if you need to catch a train in the morning. Cons: everything else.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Dear guest, thanks a lot for your feedback and we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at all at our hotel. We hope that at least you had a nice vacation in Berlin! Your Meiningerteam
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
david
"Tiny"
Everything about it is small and looks nothing like the pics. The quad room is 2 sets of bunk beds. Get what you pay for I guess.
Other trip Nov 15, 2015
Jenni
Great situation, right next to the central train station.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Janet
"Great value"
Good location and great value. I was able to walk to everything I wanted to see.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great central location."
Overall a good hotel but crowded in the lobby. Nearby train station. Breakfast was OK, typical sliced meats, breads, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Just was swarmed every time I was there. More of a younger crowd but great location.
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"Great staff!"
After a long day of traveling, I really wanted to just go to my room and rest. However the booking didn't go through (even though I got a confirmation email from Expedia) and there were no private rooms available for the night. I was clearly a little displeased; however the staff was really patient, understanding, and accommodating. They arranged a dorm room for the first night and promised I could move into a single the next day. She even included free breakfast and gave me a free water bottle. The next morning, the manager had the new room ready for me before 10am! So despite the misfortune, the staff was truly fantastic! Also the hotel's location is just great and the place is very clean. I would stay here again!
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
We couldn't sleep well because the air conditioner was too weak. It was very humid and hot inside.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
K
"Ok hotel/hostel"
Location was good. Room was clean, but no A/c (only a fan with a cooling element). On arrival to the room there was no bathroom light, and no electricity in the power outlets. They fixed it, but apparently it was an entire floor that was affected. Probably wouldmt choose to stay again, although, the breakfast looked nice.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Martha
"Close to Berlin HBF, but very noisy"
Hotel is close to Berlin HBF, which is a good and bad thing. It's good for transit but bad because the hotel room was very noisy. Also there is no AC, so it was very hot in the room which made sleeping almost impossible. The hotel room itself was a little bit dusty. Service is just ok.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Rayen
Close to main train station, small room and need a better cleaning on the room and especially in the bathroom, the carpet on the hallways was nasty.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Ana Beatriz
"Close to Train Station"
My main focus was to get a hotel by the train station. It was literally just steps from a very nice, modern train station with all kinds of restaurants, shops and the tube as well as train. The hotel was nice and modern. They seemed to cater to younger kids (a hostel also?). The staff was very friendly and accommodating. A nice walk to the Brandenburg Arch and Holocaust Memorial, as well as the Parliament Building. There was some kind of demonstration outside the hotel (and we were told it happens each week), however it seemed like the polize had a great presence and everything was in control.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Tam
"Function not form"
Right at the train station, how could you complain. The lobby is too small for a zillion young students or backpackers, but we are at least two steps above Hostel. Can't complain for the price.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
A bus traveler
"Convenient and comfortable hotel"
We were a group of three females traveling together. This hotel was very convenient for us! We got to Berlin central station, walked out and the hotel was on our right. It couldn't have gotten more convenient. There was also a metro station inside central station, so getting around the city from the hotel was very easy. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was as well. The room was a little bit small, but that didn't bother us. Just don't plan to wash clothes there. The dryer didn't dry our clothes which was inconvenient. i would recommend this hotel to a friend for sure.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Good option if you're coming and going"
The hotel was perfectly adequate, and very convenient if you'll be needing easy access to the new central train station. The immediate neighborhood otherwise lacks any charm, and the hotel is quite popular with school groups, giving it a slightly "campy" feel. But overall a great deal - clean, convenient, hip.
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
Stephan
"Great for travel by train"
This hotel is very conveniently located for late train arrivals or early departures. It is about 1 minute from the train station. The room was clean, we had TV in English, and there is a great rooftop patio where you can bring a beer and enjoy the view. The only part that we didn't like was that there was nowhere inside or in a secure area to store the bikes. We ended up locking them outdoors on rental bike racks.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
The hotel is very near the train station with very good wifi connection.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Simple but good for the price"
First off, the blonde woman at the front desk was not very friendly. I'm just going to assume she was in a bad mood. The overall hotel is just one step above a hostel which was fine with me since I had a short stay. Everything was about average. I reserved two double bunk beds. The rooms were quite small, but the one in the corner was of decent size. I didn't expect it to be a huge room so no big deal. It has everything you need, a bed, a towel, a bathroom. It's simple and within walking from the metro.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"Great hotel close to the station"
I was surprised by its closeness to the station as soon as I've arrived Berlin Hbf. We stayed here for one night and everything is great. It seems the lower floors is hostel so that the front is always filled with people, but our room was clean and quiet (even through the track is right out of the window but it was really quiet). The Internet is fast, too.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Kenneth
"Good hotel"
Everything was great (room, bathroom, staff) except for the WiFi which was terrible.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Cheap"
Next to central station. Dirty rooms.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Gerardo
"Location is fine, small but clean room and bathroo"
The locations is perfect, the rooms are very small but very clean. The bathroom was perfect (clean and good size). Maybe the rooms are very small but only for sleeping its ok. The internet didnt work inside my room. I had to get close to get signal.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Ronald
"Hotel with easy Access to main station and aiports"
Overal its was an Ok experience but wouldn´t stay here again. Upon arrival i found hairs in the bed sheets and in between the folded duvet cover which made me wonder if they changed the bed sheets from prior guest. Anyway I decided to ask for others and chenged them myself. Also on my lasy night before my departure, I was supposed to wake up at 5 am to depart to the airport, and it was imposible to sleep until after 1 am because people were slamming and yelling on the corridor and after they were loud noises in the next room knocking the wall. I interacted little with the front desk but staff were ok there. I decided to stay at this hotel becauses of the easy access to city and my late arrival and early depature to/from Berlin. Overall I wouldn´t stay here again and would have a look at the other hotels (which were plenty) near here.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Mauricio
"Last night in Berlin"
Ok but the TV did not work
1 night trip Nov 16, 2014
"Good for transit stay"
Overall impression as in a good youth hostel rather than a hotel
"Great location, small rooms."
Just steps from the Hauptbahnhof entrance, so location is ideal. Rooms are very small, but clean. Lobby is often chaotic, seemingly at all hours, but survivable. Front desk staff were very good.
2 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
"Meininger Berlin Station - Not for light sleepers"
Location is great if you are coming in and out by train and don't want to carry your bags across town, the hotel is literally attached to the train station. Rooms are basic but comfortable, breakfast area is simple but adequately stocked. Bar is good but a little expensive. Downside with location to train station is when they decide to make service announcements over the external speakers at 2am - not for light sleepers.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Convenient to train station"
Convenient to train station.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"A for location D for facility and service"
We were visiting Berlin during our one night layover, and Air Berlin mistakenly checked thru our baggage so we were making do without our morning amenities. The receptionist was cold and harsh when asked about any amenities like complimentary tooth brush etc. The room was hostel like with bunk beds, and extremely spartan and small. Bathroom was clean and operational, but with no hair dryer. The train station nearby is main station, and has excellent range of eateries.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Anil
"Great location, tiny room"
The location is fantastic - right on top of the Central Station in Berlin. 15 mins walk from the Bundestag, 20-25 mins walk from the Brandenberg gate. This is dream location. But the rooms are tiny, space is uncomfortable, and the top bunks don't leave enough headroom.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Basic but cheerful and clean. Great location"
For a family of four, getting a room with two bunk beds wasn't quite what we expected, was expecting a double and a bunk bed. Room was very cramped, but clean and had a nice updated bathroom. Anyway its a good value given the location is very convenient for the main station and city center. The hotel had a fun youthful feel and clientele, and suits budget minded travelers - you can cook your own food and do laundry if you want. Good value breakfast available too. You can also join others in the downstairs or rooftop bars and games rooms at night .If you are the sort of traveler who wants to spend every waking hour out doing stuff (and spending your money doing that not on hotels) then this place is great. However if you like to spend time relaxing in luxury in your room you might be disappointed.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Bevan
"great location! amazing location"
great location Wi-Fi was spotty, actually Wi-Fi wasn't great. I think it was sure to the amount of people staying and connected. But hotel is great second time at a meininger hotel first one was Amsterdam which was also great!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Brandon
"convenient location"
everything was fine except for the wifi, which was incredibly slow, really not adequate.
4 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Ann
"Terrible stay, inconfortable."
It was vert bad experiance because the hotel was full with more of 200 students. The lobby was full, the restaurant was always full, elevators. The room was very small without space and the air conditioner did not work properly. In the flirts night I asked for a biger room but IT was deneid.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
ale
The rooms were small and congested. Bathroom was not clean
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Excellent location but terrible WIFI connection
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Good hotel and location"
Easy to get around Berlin from the hotel being right next to main train station. Only draw back during my stay was that there were tons of High School kids... Loud and a bit rowdy... But overall good! Good breakfast but get there early if all the HS kids are there!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
marty
"OK. Staff is nice."
I only chose this hotel because of its location - it's next to the HBF. I booked last minute, so I definitely overpaid, but if you can get a good deal in advance, I suppose it would be worth it. The other hotels in the vicinity were too expensive, and I really only needed a room close to the HBF since I had an early morning train to catch. Overall, this hotel was satisfactory. The staff were nice and helpful. The room was okay. I was a little disappointed probably because I paid too much, but it did the job. Unfortunately, it was really hot in Berlin and there was no air conditioning in the rooms, only fans that didn't really work. It was so hot and stuffy I felt like my head was going to explode. I was forced to keep the window open, so unfortunately I didn't get to sleep until around 3am due to the constant noise. I would recommend requesting a room away from the central station.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Stacey
Very good for Young age group to stay
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Great low budget hotel!"
The rooms are small, but perfect for travelling. The location was great, right next to the train station. I would highly recommend this hotel to people who don't need a large room, just somewhere to put their things and sleep. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Great place!"
Clean, close to everywhere ,aforable
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Thank ysou for your feedback - glad to hear that you had a good stay at MEININGER! All the best - your M-Team
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Centrally located, which is the concept"
Rooms too small. It was myself and my children who are 16 and 21. We were crammed in the room which is different from the other meininger that we stayed in the other cities but doable.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Angela
"Next to Berlin HBF train station"
Excellent everything except for the wifi in the room, it didn't work!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Camilo
"More hostel than hotel"
We picked it because of location (Berlin Mitte) and price ($70 for four people) so I did not expect luxury. It's cramped, with LOTS of students, but more or less comfortable (two bunk beds in a room the size of a large cracker box) for the price. The one thing that was annoying was the folks in the next room who had probably partied all night in the city, then came back to their room at about 5 am and were LOUD until about 7am. My wife said: "Not sure I would want to stay there again." I am ambivalent.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Dear Jeff Thank you for your feedback - MEININGER do have a great variety of guests (families, school groups, backpackers..) - these beds are perfectly suited for this purpose. I understand the situation regarding the noise and I am really sorry for that, usually our nightshift check all floors during the night. All the best, your MEININGER-Team
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Very nice, modern hostel in great location"
This was my first time staying at a hostel and I've been told that this hostel is a lot nicer and more modern than most. While the room is small, everything (including the bathroom, which is always really important to me) was very clean and well maintained. The shared kitchen is great and breakfast is a good deal (all you can eat and drink for €6). The location is very strategic. You can't find a hotel closer to the Central station. There's a good mix of people staying here: families, big groups of friends, couples and solo travelers. Everyone seems to respect each other's quiet time at night, which is great. I would stay here again next time I'm in Berlin. The only downside is that the wireless was really slow. Also, hotels.com should clarify that this is a hostel.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Vania
"Walking steps to the train station"
Good staff and exactly opposite side of the main train station.. average rooms but clean.. you might be annoyed because there are too much students which makes the internet connection so weak and disconnected regularly. . But overall it's good for a short stay
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Affordable place to stay right by the train"
The Meininger was a decent place to stay for the money. Our double room was a bit small but the hotel makes up for it with lots of common space.
Response by MEININGER Hotel Berlin Central Station
Thanks for your comment! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels ;-)
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013