All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
9-14 Kobuna-cho, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 103-0024, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Small room but comfortable and clean"
If you're alone traveler and only need a place to stay at night, this is a good place to stay. Clean room with own bathroom and confy bed. A bit far from the nearest train station but overall good.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Gerry

"Convenient location"
Pleasant little place. Nihonbashi feel so a little more work atmosphere than fun but very convenient location close to subway. Hard to find the first time so make sure you google a map.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Freddie

"友人同士で泊まるには必要にして十分な宿"
部屋は新しい感じではありませんが普通に小奇麗でした。友人数人で宿泊するには必要十分な条件を満たしていると思います。もし、同じような機会があればもう一度利用したいと思います。
Other trip May 27, 2013
JP
3 night trip Oct 22, 2013
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Sumisho Hotel

"Good for the price"
03/08/15 Mone P Chicago, Illinois
This is my 4th trip to Japan and I should have known better and sprung for more when making room reservations in Tokyo. I am too old for this kind of accommodations. Sumisho Hotel is tiny and dingy. The room reaked of cigarette smoke. You get what you pay for in Tokyo, I am certain of that now. The only good thing is that it is located a short distance from Tokyo station on a taxi ride. Next time I will spring for more in Tokyo.
"Basic, serviceable hotel in Tokyo"
02/18/15 MrDurden Sydney, Australia
There is nothing amazing about this hotel, the best features of which are probably its proximity to transport. If you arrive at Tokyo station it's a short and relatively cheap taxi ride (probably too far for most people to walk with bags though); however if you understand how the train system works it's possible to catch a Keisei Sky Access Line train from the airport (NOT the Skyliner) that goes direct to the nearby Ningyocho station (or reverse). It is also close to Mitsukoshimae station which broadens the options for transport to other parts of town. The hotel has a small onsen but it operates limited hours. Staff speak some but not much English. A Japanese-style breakfast is available, as is a wi-fi service. There is a reasonable selection of restaurants available nearby although the area is not particularly well adapted for non-Japanese speakers. Rooms are not great and the hotel is a bit run down. In particular it is disappointing that some of the rooms have clearly had smokers in them. Rooms have limited space (as is common in Tokyo); I stayed in a room that had acceptable space for 2 people but which became very cramped when they added a third bed. I have stayed in nicer rooms in Tokyo in this price bracket.
"More like an old dorm than hotel"
09/30/14 KranJams San Francisco, California
We've been to Japan many times and have stayed in many different types of hotels (western and traditional, one star to five star), and this is the first hotel I can say was really terrible - musty, dank, unclean. The staff were predictably very nice and apologetic and even changed our tatamis one night, but we could barely sleep because of the lingering smell.
"Short Taxi Ride From Tokyo Station"
08/04/14 mikoramos Pasig, Philippines
We liked the Japanese style room with tatami mats though just big enough for the 3 of us. No foul smell and aircon worked well. Staff were accommodating and tried to help us despite language barrier. They helped show us food places and get us our taxis. Breakfast and coffee were very good! Onsen was clean and we were even provided robes and complementary bath scrub/oil/soap! Recommendable!
"Cheap and Close to Central Tokyo"
08/02/14 NicMoyle Victoria, Australia
Last hotel for our trip, not the best of choices, but one of the cheapest. We chose a Japanese style room for the experience, but the futons were painfully thin, and the pillows not much better. Thankfully I had a chiropractor appointment the day after arriving home. The room was not too bad in size, we had a nice garden view from our room, but the bathroom was tiny, the air extraction didn't work and when you showered the water pooled up over our feet, taking some time to drain. The TV had very few channels, but sometimes allowed you to access the "Paid" channels for a short time, which made for some interesting viewing. The neighbouring room could be heard waking at 6am in the morning along with the banging of a guest on their door, which I seriously thought was someone banging on our door. The staff were not overly helpful, and did not even inform on times and use of the onsen, so this wasn't used during our stay disappointingly. The plus of this hotel was that it was a short walk from Ningyocho Metro station, which can get you directly to places such as Tokyo Skytree, and Ueno Station for Airport access, You can also utilise their free WiFi. I would probably opt for a Western Style room, hopefully the beds would be a liitle more comfortable.
"a bit disappointed"
01/09/14 mariflorez Santiago, Chile
My husband and I stayed here in April 2013. We were really a bit disappointed by this hotel. We had reserved a tatami room, but upon our arrival it really had an overwhelming smoke smell. The person at the front desk wouldn´t let us change rooms, but tried to get rid of the smell with a small machine (that didn´t really work so well). The room also had some cigarette burns, etc. It was certainly not as nice as the pictures on the website had led me to believe. We stayed on the first floor, which was a bit noisy. The best part about this place is definitely the onsen, which was really quite nice. There was no breakfast included.
"Tucked away from it all"
05/29/13 freespirited60 Perth, Western Australia, Australia
I decided to take a taxi to Sumisho Hotel from Tokyo JR station because I had a bit of luggage to tote. Well, the taxi driver got lost and drove around in circles, even though he had a gps installed. Anyway, he deducted 500 yen from the 1500 yen to compensate. It is a 10 minute walk, but without luggage! Take note of this, everyone. I was a bit a taken back when I entered as it was dark, pokey and dingy. It also stank of stale cigarettes. I didn't think it was worth 10,700 Yen per night for what it was compared to the Almont Hotel in Kyoto which was, 6500 Yen per night. The room was clean, but I was amazed to see there was no coffee supplied, just two green tea bags inn plain wrapping. HMMM....in fact everything in the room was "CHEAP". So, I felt a bit ripped off. I used the public bath and even this was pokey and no room in the changing room to swing a cat. The next evening they asked me not to use the females public bath as it was booked out, but I could use the male public bath; females only for that evening, The males public bath was clean, bigger and newer!!! Go figure? The next thing was, I was out a bit late and my sister in law and brother were driving me back, we got lost too, even with the GPS. We rang to say we would be later than midnight, because that was their curfew.. kindly the owner said he'd wait up until I got there. Overall, I was disappointed with the choice I had made with selecting to stay here for three nights.
"Japanese style"
01/29/13 sawaty Warsaw, Poland
Location-wise, it's pretty good . Ningyo-cho statio is just 7 min walk away and also you came here by taxi from Tokyo station within 10 min. Around this hotel, there are convenience store and restaurant. When I stayed there, it was not so high price in that season,and room cleanliness also not so bad. It was Japanese traditional style.(tatami) They have special bath(Dai-yoku-jo). I was looking forward to take it, but unfortunately they limited only 18-24 for Men, 6-9 for Women. I didnt get up to take it in that early morning just take a bath... They didnt tell us in front, only they posted on the wall in elevator. It was little disappointed things. But service and breakfast were pretty good. Thank you for everything! Please remember if you want to use wifi, you have to ask pin.
"A very nice place to stay"
12/28/12 worthj1970 Nashville, TN
Sumisho was chosen based on other reviews. It was an excellent choice. While it is a bit of a walk from the station (and, thus, requires a bit of navigating), it is in a good, quiet location. We used Ningyocho station, and it's about five minutes or so; it's about ten minutes from Mitsukohsimae, and twenty or so from Tokyo. All of this depends on your walking speed, of course, and your luck in catching the lights. The room was small, with three single beds, which is exactly as described to us when we made the reservation. We found the beds comfortable, and the heater worked nicely. Service was excellent; the staff were very professional and friendly. What we really liked about the hotel was that there was a public bath on the ground floor. Our room had a shower/tub (large tub, too), but having the bath on the ground floor gave the place the feel of a ryokan (inn), rather than a tourist/business hotel. There were Japanese-style rooms available, too, so I think the hotel has much older roots than it's modern facade indicates. Overall, a great place for the money.
"A good choice"
08/25/12 Grife0 Innsbruck, Austria
We were very happy of this choice. The location is very convenient. The bath very nice. It is located very close to the subway station where the grey line passes. This line is one of the most useful to visit Kyoto. The neighbor quiet and nice.