All hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Clean
    Room is all right
    Bad amenities
"Location is excellent"
If location is your number one priority, the Green Garland is a good choice. It's a 3 minute walk to the clock tower and a 2 minute walk to the Charles bridge. The manager was friendly and helpful. But it's difficult to find, there is an intricate door locking scheme to follow and it's above a very busy and noisy bar. Amenities were minimal, bathroom cleanliness was disappointing and wifi was intermittent.
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
Excellent location close to Charles Bridge and in Old Town. No elevator but the room was spacious and included 500+ year old beams. The beds were very comfortable and the included cold breakfast was good.
2 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
"Near Everything!!!!"
Great Location and very reasonable. No frills but comfortable. On a quiet street which is important in Prague.
4 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Great location, within walking distance to major attractions and city center. Great breakfast.
2 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Excellent pension in Prague's Old Town"
The Green Garland Pension is a small, friendly hotel. It is located on a quiet street (dead-end for cars) in Prague's Old Town, a hop, skip and a jump from the Charles Bridge. The historical house is beautifully restored, allowing light to enter and highlight architectural features like the impressive vaults and beams. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful - in a reserved, Czech sort of way, of course. There is a spacious lounge area, with a fridge to keep your goodies fresh, and free tea! A lovely vaulted breakfast room, with a good, buffet-style breakfast, 8-10 a.m. Phone and free WiFi; but no TV, and towels are changed every few days (bravo on both points, as far as I'm concerned). An unfortunate side-effect of being so centrally located in Old Town is the noise from the late-night revellers, who manage to err even into this relatively quiet street. Closing the windows eliminates the problem, but in this unusually hot summer, that was not really an option.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Philip
"Lovely old building in heart of Old Town Prague"
Accommodating staff. Exposed beams and white walls with iron sconces create charming ambience. Location can't be beat. Simple but ample breakfast.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Great place to stay
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"great location"
The Green Garland is perfectly located for a vacation trip to Prague - less than 5 minutes from the Charles Bridge and the Old Town Square. The staff were very helpful, both before we arrived in arranging a taxi to pick us up at the airport and during our stay. However, it is a pension, not a hotel. There is no elevator so we walked up three flights of stairs to our room. And the Internet connection was a bit erratic.
4 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Best stay in Europe"
This place is a gem. Friendly and helpful staff. Extremely close to Old Town, but on a quiet street. Best place I stayed on my trip to Europe. The rooms are also fairly large for a European hotel.
3 night family trip May 26, 2015
Tanner
"Prague gem"
Nice staff. Good breakfast with lots of choices. Great location. Good value. Clean. Comfortable.
Other trip May 28, 2015
anne
"Location couldn't be beat. Noise a concern."
Friendly service, great location, spacious room and bathroom. Primary drawback: very noisy outside our 2nd floor windows. Late night partying on a nearby bar/restaurant patio kept us awake.
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Fantastic location!"
This was the most wonderful place to stay! It is a few minutes walking distance to the city square, so it is very centrally located. The Green Garland was perfect for our stay; the staff was so nice and helpful. I highly recommend staying here; you will not regret it. There is also a wonderful restaurant right at the end of the street that had great food at a reasonable price.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Becky
"Right in the middle of Old TOwn"
HOtel was nice and clean. The room is smaller than your usual room but this is old town. It's 5 mins walk to the Old clock, and less than 10 mins walk to Prague bridge. Breakfast is ok and staff was polite. There is no elevator by the way. They can also arrange a taxi cab for you since it's a good 30-40min drive from the airport.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Felix
"Stay at this hotel!"
Two friends and I went to Prague for 4 days and 3 nights. We stumbled across the Green Garland Pension on Expedia and decided that the rates for 3 nights in a 3-person room were reasonable and that the location would be great, if all else failed. We most definitely underestimated this hotel. We were blown away by what this hotel had to offer, and all agreed that not only would we look into staying here again if we ever came back to Prague, but that we would recommend it to everyone we knew. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are so quaint and clean. The breakfast was an added bonus and a great way to start the day!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great Hotel in Prague!"
The stafff is really friendly, the room very spacious for being in Europe. Good price and location couldn't be better.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Nice B & B close to Old Town/Charles Bridge"
Even though there were two long flights of stairs to our room, the B and B was comfortable, clean and cozy. Our host was friendly and went out of his way to make sure we had what we needed. The breakfast provided was ample, nothing fancy. I would recommend this B and B to those who want to be close to Old Town and the Charles Bridge and want to spend a lot of time sight seeing, not in the room.
"Great location and great value!"
My friends and I stayed here on holiday, and we were definitely sad to leave. The staff was friendly and extremely accommodating, our room was immaculately clean, and it was conveniently located in the Old Town neighborhood of Prague, so we were only a short walk from all of the historic sights. I would highly recommend the Green Garland Pension to anyone!
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
Megan
Pension is near the main tourist streets. On the one hand it is a big plus. With another - it is impossible to sleep because of noise outside.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Great location in the old town, big clean and very comfortable rooms. There is small kitchen in hall between two rooms where you can make a tea etc. Breakfast also was good. And very friendly staff. We felt like at home.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
I started here for four nights and it was the quietest most restful sleep I had on my 3 week journey! The breakfast was wonderful, many things to choose from and very filing!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Excellent stay, mainly thanks to this B&B - having an appartment in downtown is wonderful. Service is really fine, the waitress are friendly and efficient. I will recommend this B&B to my friends.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Location to old town was fantastic. The staff friendly and ready to help. Wifi was great in room. Bathroom was spacious and plenty of hot water. Breakup fast had a nice selection. Would recommend green garland inn.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
a wonderfull place to stay in this old and exceptional beauty town.ist central to all attractions and a great thanks to all of the staff - we will come again!! Juergen and Carola
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Prague spring"
Our 4 night stay could not be any better. The location is the most central in Prague! The hotel is in a historical building located only 2-3 min from the Astronomical Clock, but the street is very quiet, not touristy at all! There is a pub just downstairs that open until very late night, but it didn't bother us - it was cold so we didn't open the window. The room is very charming and clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is large and everything is new and clean. The breakfast is nothing special but it is fresh and filling. There is a common siting room that has refrigirator and everything to make instant coffe and tea. The staff is very professional and friendly. We arrived very early in the morning and they let us store the luggage for a few hours and arranged early check-in. The only inconvenience is 3 flights of stairs to carry our luggage because they are not allowed to install an elevator in the historical building. Thanks for making our stay so pleasant!
4 night family trip May 14, 2014
Marina
Location close to Center - very big room - friendly helpful staff - lots of restaurants nearby - grocery 1 blk away
Other trip May 18, 2014
Amazing. In the center of city with very few distance to all the important monuments.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Great value for money"
This hotel has the perfect location - at close distance to all the attractions, and yet on a quiet street, far from the street noise. It is a historical building which adds more charm to it. The room we had was basic but clean; beds were very comfortable. The staff were great - extremely polite and always willing to help. Overall, it was a great value for money.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice modest place in the very heart of old town"
Very large comfortable room, good bathroom. There is no TV in the room, but there is tea kettle. If you want to see the city -- that is your choice.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Alex
As probably often in this crowded area there was no parking at the hotel (but in 5 min walking distance for 660 Kronen per day). The hotel provides excellent service (in relation to the price) and basis for walking tours through Prague. The numerous hotels (that is, tourists) in that area cause some noise on the streets...
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Lovely hotel. I felt like being at home. It is like a big house. The room was spacious, so was the bathroom. Breakfast is very good and the dining room is very cozy. I would certainly go back there if I happen to travel to Prague again.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"Price in this neighborhood can't be beat"
Owner was very nice and attentive. I even received an email prior to my arrival asking if I would like for them to arrange a taxi pickup for me from the train station to the hotel. I walked because I was familiar with the city, but appreciated the extra effort. Hotel was close to Old Town, although a little confusing getting through all the allies, but with a bit of practice it ended up being a great location. Price was great for the location. Not modern or new, but for a weekend where I only slept in the room and nothing else, it was great. Room was very clean, but modest. A little cold in the room but I doubled up on blankets. Breakfast was a good European breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2014
Marian
Located in a great area. Very close to all of the main attractions. The staff was very helpful and provided us with all of the information we needed. I would recommend staying at the Green Garland when visiting the old city of Prague.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
Very large and clean rooms, perfect location, kind staff , good breakfast and good wifi connection
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Historic building, great location"
Super helpful staff. Modest, but very good breakfast set up. Conveniently located to the tourist areas, but at the end of a dead end street so it wasn't loud in the evening.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Green Garland was fine. In the middle of things. ..Great. Though a little hard to find. Very nice staff,very helpful (not unfriendly like Czech vendors and trainmen). NO TV? I would still recommend
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Perfect location and a staff that was very helpful. For the price it would have been hard to find a better place.
6 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Phil
The B&B is located in a great location and still is quiet at nigth. Very close to the main plaza. The rooms are nice, clean and cozy. Good space for your stuff. No AC in the rooms, the room can get quite warm because of the hot pipes. Maybe I couldve asked for a fan but I didnt, so I dont know if they have. Wifi had strong signal but the connection was not very good all the time. Buffet breakfast was served everyday in the breakfast room, breakfast was good. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall is good value for your money. The best thing was the location.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Excellent location (3 min walk from old town square) friendly staff, breakfast was good (5 kinds of cereal, toast, cheese and ham, jam,...), tidy, clean bathroom, no elevator but the stairs is do-able. 10 min walk from Mustek Metro station.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
My friend and I arrived late to the hotel at about 8:30pm and had to drag the luggage up 3 flights of stairs. We stayed for 4 nights in late July. The room was lovely, really spacious with high ceilings and wooden beams. There was only a little fan in the room and no air conditioning. It was very noisy at night, hardly got any sleep as there were kids sitting in the street below the window every night. There are two pubs on the street which contributed to much of the noise, although no noise from inside reached us, as walls very thick. Breakfast was of relatively low standard. No fresh fruit, just tinned brown fruit, toast, cereal, yoghurt, ham, cheese and strange chocolates bread concoctions. Although it says it has wifi here, you cannot access it in most parts of the building, even the communal area, which is lovely, but you can only sit in during the day if you want to see what you are doing, because the lights go off at a certain time and there are signs everywhere saying don't touch the lights. Staff were really helpful, advising us of trains, trams and helping us print boarding passes. Aesthetically this place is wonderful and there is an amazing ice cream place close to the end of the street. Good place to stay if you want to be close to Prague's attractions, though I personally fail to see what attractions Prague has besides Thai massage parlours....
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Great location and right price"
The hotel is centrally located, clean and with a friendly staff. The mini store selling water and beer is a plus.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Incredible location in the heart of Prague's historic architecture and bustling streets, and minutes away from the river and bridge to the Old Town - at an amazing price! My room was a quiet, cozy haven, with my own bathroom, comfortable bedding, and charming interior in this historic building. The staff were very nice and helpful. The free breakfast is minimal and not worth eating, but I loved this place otherwise. I would not recommend for the elderly or physically challenged, as you have to go up lots of steps to get to the rooms.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Cute, small pension in a great location"
Though my room was small, it is a small price to pay for the great location in old town Prague. It was hot in July, and not having air conditioning made for a few hot nights of sleep. The Green Garland is right next door to a pub that was frenzied with laughter into the early morning, so bring ear plugs for a good night sleep, since you will want to sleep with the window open for air in the summer months. Just blocks away from the Elbe river, St. Charles Bridge, the main square where all the action takes place including the Astronomical Clock. Good included breakfast, and always smiles from Mr. Pavel. The wifi was not working for half my stay.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
Well-traveled
For our first trip to Prague, the Garland was perfect! Excellent location in Old Town, close to the square and Charles Bridge. Alice and the entire staff we very helpful and easy to communicate prior to our arrival, and fantastic for the duration of our stay.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Centrally located, near to everything. If you are taking the metro get off at STAREMESTRO STATION then walk 3 blocks to get to the pension house. Breakfast adequate.
Other trip May 9, 2013
room with 2 beds
Other trip May 7, 2013
Great location, nice staff, except for the a little slow WiFi, this hotel is perfect!
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
This was my second stay at The Green Garland. The staff is the most attentive and pleasant I've ever encountered. The location of the Inn is perfect for walking around the historic city - close to restaurants, shops, and transportation. The breakfast is lovely - so nice to sit quietly each morning and enjoy the meal while planning my day. I would definitely stay at this quaint bed and breakfast again and would recommend it to my friends. My only sadness with this visit was seeing all the grafitti which had been applied by vandals to the outside of the building, but it is an epidemic across the city. Otherwise, many stars!
Other trip Feb 28, 2013

The staff were extremely friendly, wonderful location just beside old town square. A spotless, though no frills room.
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Christopher
"Good hotel,very close to everything"
Staff were very friendly. Our room was a good size with a big double bed and 1 single Sitting room for all rooms located next to most rooms was very comfortable,with a refrigerator, coffee& tea were also available. The room we had faced the street although not a busy street,it can be noisy on weekends
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was large and clean and the location was perfect.
4 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015