All hotels in Invermere, British Columbia, Canada

Poor value for money
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable

"Convenience Only"
This was a last minute booking a week before our trip. My mother has been ill so wanted to make sure we wouldn't have to cancel. Obviously renovated. Mattress was soft and lumpy and both my husband and I were stiff and sore the next day. Biggest issue was pricing but as peak season in high tourist area obviously demands this high of price. No hair dryer or outlet in the bathroom. So went to do my hair in the main room and no mirror at all. A/C sounded like air plane taking off and was obviously very old.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
We have oodles of hairdryers at the front desk just waiting for someone who needs one... pity you didn't ask for one... we have been steadily replacing ac units, so our apologies if your room had one of the few remaining older ones... they still pump cold air though, but yes they can be a tad loud..
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Little D
"Awesome place to stay!!"
My first time there and it was fantastic!! It's an older motel but very nice!!
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Thanks for noticing the renovations Richard! This winter we got into every room in the property and did a lot of work... We are glad people are noticing the improvements... Happy travels!
3 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Richard H
"One night getaway to the lake."
Had a great time staying one night here. Nice redone reg. hotel rooms. I'd stay again just because for price and location it's the best. Close to a great Italian restaurant and the downtown strip. We had the nice shower you see in the pictures with the stone- it was awesome. Really nice staff too- helped us with a couple things.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey thanks Veronique! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Guests like you make our summer!! Happy travels!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Veronique
"Nice, clean recent reno"
Stayed in 1 bedroom room, smaller but clean & fairly quiet, great for 1 night's rest!!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Motel is in dire need of renovations and updating"
way over priced for being off season, but being their was a major event down the road at near by town you take all you can get !
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
My apologies you did not enjoy your room... I have a feeling you rented one of our un-renovated rooms, which we are working towards updating as part of an ongoing program throughout the property... Try our one queen rooms next time as they have all been completely redone!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"I will not recommend that hotel"
Not enough towels for 2 people. The toilet was like a rocking chair. A very confine area for way to high of a price for the quality of service.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
We have lots of towels at the front desk if you needed more... And we could have definitely tightened the bolts on the toilet to stop it from wiggling... If you didn't come to the front desk to inform us how could we offer any quality of service at all? That's too bad... i am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay...
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Just so old..."
It's just so old. You can't expect anything fancy. But the guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Thanks Kate! We are getting newer!! All single queen rooms have been renovated and we are almost finished 9 more double rooms! Glad we could be of service!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Kate
"Good Overnighter for business"
It was just a short trip for business and Inn is adequate and comfortable for a night stay!
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey thanks we think so too!
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
This was awful. We checked into our room and discovered the sheets on the bed had never been changed. There was a dirty towel left in the room and there was no electric outlet in the bathroom.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
kathy
"Nice Motel"
Pro: Close to the main street and only a couple blocks from the beach. Con: Wifi dropped off when ever you didn't use it for a while. The room was okay but very SMALL, no desk for the laptop so we had to put it on a chair and sit on the bed while using it. Overall stay was okay, the area was nice and quiet so we were able to sleep good. I would probably look for a different accommodation if we went there again. Could have been worse and could have been better.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
we could have definitely helped you with a desk or table for your laptop... glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise! (The wifi does that for security reasons)...
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Sylvia
"A cheap place to sleep during a roadtrip"
It was a bare-bones stay in Invermere, a small town/village just outside of Radium Hot Springs. Since we were planning to hike and visit the hot springs in Kootenay National Park, this was the perfect location for a stay. The motel is just off the main shopping street in Invermere, but still walkable to all of the little stores. The room wasn't bad, and the bathroom seemed to have been recently renovated. There was a slight musty smell and it was a little dusty, so people with allergies might need to take an allergy pill. Bed was creaky and uncomfortable, but we were so tired after our trip, we didn't care. This place isn't bad for a quick stop when driving through to Lake Louise/Banff if you don't want to spend too much money.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey thanks for the comments... you will be happy to know ALL carpets have been changed over the winter...
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Lucy
"Good location for walking around to see things..."
It was very quiet and in a good location. It was relatively clean and service was good; however it was somewhat in need of repair and maintenance. The air conditioning - blade was broken, window was difficult to lock and unlock. The outside stairs were in dire need of a good paint job. Wall lamps did not have bulbs - table lamp fell apart on 2nd day. If one does not keep up with maintenance things fall into disrepair.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
This is a puzzling comment, as there was a man painting the stairs during your stay with us... The lamp issue was not brought to our attention (although it took one twist to get the shade back on tight) and the wall lamps were out of service and this was explained at check in... You will be happy to know almost all of the AC units have now been replaced...
3 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"Edmonton Stay"
Hotel wi fi service was terrible. You could connect but unable to down load emails, web sites and apps. Front desk staff is aware and have expressed concern to hotel mgt but nothing is being done.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but the wifi is working fine... when the whole hotel is using it the internet does slow down, but i suspect you didn't enter the correct login information on the splash page... your device will connect to the network, but unless you enter the proper codes via a web browser you will not be online... this is a standard security measure... again, we wish you had've brought this to our attention as it would have been remedied in no time... we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regardless...
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Not good"
I booked two rooms. One had microwave but another one didn't have it. Room were small. Could get hot water in 2 minutes so I gave it up. Anyway my friend got hot water in another room. Maybe I had to wait longer.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey Tao, I wish you had've let us know... We have extra microwaves available upon request... Hot water can take a few moments sometimes, I'm sorry you didn't ask us for assistance... maybe next time!
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Tao
"Very run down."
Manager was friendly. Motel room very old and run down. I expected it would not be the greatest experience but needed a place for the night and everywhere was booked. Would have rather slept in the car. Dead bugs on floor, very old mattress, torn sheets, etc. worried about the possibility of bed bugs. Quickly searched for other accommodation while in the room and left shortly thereafter as relieved to find alternative hotel.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Canterbury Inn on Downtown Invermere"
My wife and I took a trip to Invermere BC for a little get away which was on Valentines day. We attended the hotel at 6:00 P.M. Friday evening and when we approached the hotel we noticed there was only one vehicle parked in the parking lot. This was not reassuring that this was a good motel. When I attended the lobby I knew I was in for a bad experience and when the motel clerk attended, his appearance confirmed my thoughts. I requested to see the room and upon doing so, the smell was all I needed, to confirm that this was not a place my wife or myself was prepared to stay. This motel was bad. I informed the clerk that I was not prepared to stay there and he informed me I had to pay one nights payment. I had booked the motel for three nights. I attempted to deal with American Express on this matter as well as Expedia.ca the next morning to no avail and with no help what so ever. Over all, a bad experience. I have lost confidence in Expedia and American Express.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
LJ
Location is great with easy walking access to the local shops. Although our room was small it totally met our needs and we could park our vehicle outside so very convenient. Price is good value for money and we would consider staying there again.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey thanks Andy! As one of only two accommodations downtown you really do get to enjoy everything Invermere has to offer right at your doorstep... Glad you enjoyed your stay! :)
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2013
Andy
Very comfortable, affordable and clean room, very friendly staff, would definitely stay there again and recommend others to as well.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Hey thanks Jack! We look forward to seeing you again!
3 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2013
Jack R.
low budget place but they seem to be making an effort to improve
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
We are! Thanks for noticing!! :)
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Walking distance to beach and shops"
Had great time, Josh and the staff were super, met some terrific travelers/guests at the motel. Will definately be back...
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Can't wait Scott!! It was great having you stay with us! :)
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Bathroom was renovated, staff was friendly, good location
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
The whole room was renovated too Rob, but we are especially proud of the custom slate tile work in the bathrooms... Happy travels!
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
Rob
"Decent"
Decent basic accommodations. Good for an overnight stop or just a place to sleep. Room was clean. Staff was very helpful and got us into our room early when we arrived in town early.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Thanks Tom, that's a decent review... We hope to see you again someday!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
There was no soap in the bathroom and the airconditioner made awful noises, but the bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
No soap in the bathroom?!! I am very sorry about that!! Please let us know next time and we would have given you all the soap you required!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Bolam
"Reliable accommodations"
This is an older motel. Tasteful upgrading is evident. Clean, quiet, close to restaurants and central location in town. Staff were very helpful and polite. For a basic place to stay, this is ideal.
Response by The Canterbury Inn of Downtown Invermere
Thanks Lawrence! We strive to be exactly that... simple and located in the heart of it all...
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
woody

TripAdvisor reviews for The Canterbury Inn

"A hidden Gem!!!!"
01/25/16 Glenn C Calgary, Canada
Myself and a bunch of my golfing buddies stayed at the Canterbury Inn. We had 5 rooms and were treated like gold. It was not only affordable, it was right downtown, close to everything and was perfect for what we needed. We golfed in the area for 3 days. Josh and Kimberley treated us all like family....we found our new accommodations for our annual golf trip. Thanks everyone at the Canterbury!!!!
"Central comfort!"
10/06/15 ModLebowski Canada
Busy weekend and staff quickly prepared a room for me, it was great! Coffee in the morning use of ice machine. The Norwegian elk hounds were nice company! The staff were playing guitar and singing! Nice and clean,friendly and informative. One suggestion is it would be nice to have kicking horse coffee in the rooms!
"Glad we found this hotel"
10/06/15 runningbeat BC
Check in was quick and so friendly. Made sure they gave us a good room and no one beside us because must be slow season. Because they had a special on for Octoberfest, we got it for $79, other wise with tax we would of paid $113 which was a bit high for low season. Rooms were clean, nice sheets and comforter, a fridge, table, good view and quiet. Bed was ok. They have a bench outside each room for smokers, but on a nice day also nice to sit outside and relax. Now we know where to come for night when we visit Invermere. It is only 1 block from downtown, and only a 10-15 min walk to the beach.
"enjoyable!"
09/20/15 brammatothreeboys Alberta
We just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Canterbury Inn - it was a very enjoyable stay in this quiet, quaint motel in Invermere. The rooms are clean, recently decorated and upgraded, and bed was comfortable. An added treat was the comfy duvet on the bed! We would definitely stay here again when out this way!
"super friendly staff and very nice and modern rooms"
08/29/15 Pim S
I really enjoyed my stay here! rooms are very clean, nicely renovated and modern. Better and nicer then any of those big chains like best western plus cheaper. The Inn is locally owned and operated which in my opinion is always better! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Definitely one of my favourite stays on any of my trips. would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Invermere! Super close to main street and very well priced.
"Clean, quiet and very nice rooms in the best location in Invermere"
08/23/15 Alyse B Winnipeg, Canada
What a great little motel with really nice rooms. It's everything you need and you can walk anywhere in town or to the beach within minutes. I stayed here because the best western was booked up. I was very impressed with the Canterburry Inn and it will be my first choice from now on when I visit Invermere. I got the chance to meet and chat with the owner who was born and raised in the area. He was very friendly and takes pride in his business. Thank you for a wonderful place stay as there are few hotels right in the town of Invermere.
07/21/15 Irina V Chicago
We ended up staying here during our bike tour and the place was lovely. Very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bed was nice. The wifi was strong. The price was reasonable for high season. There is a really good pizza place just across the street. Highly recommend
"Located in downtown Invermere this quaint inn was a great value with very friendly staff and an excellent location."
07/16/15 Warren N Kamloops, Canada
I had a very comfortable room with two double beds and a nice view of the downtown. The staff were friendly and the proprietor went out of his way to help us get to a family gathering by arranging a ride with the taxi so we wouldn't have to drive. It was quiet and comfortable. Close to all amenities. I'd recommend it as a nice alternative to the big brand name hotels.
"great little stop in the center of town"
07/13/15 Dik28 Kamloops, Canada
stopped in Invermere for one night and enjoyed this Motel so much that we stayed a 2nd night. Pierre the owner was very hospitable and went out of his way to make sure all our needs were met. Room was clean and quite. Located right in the center of town and we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go downtown. we would definitely stay there again when traveling to Invermere, BC
"i would not recommend it to anyone. costumer service was horrible staff are completely disrespectful."
07/06/15 Drayton P
rooms are apparently remodeled, not the case they painted the concrete walls dark gray but that's it. Showers go from cold to burning hot TVs are OLD box TVs wasp nest right outside our bathroom window with no screen they said they have a BBQ didn't see one. Called to change from a single bedroom to a double bedroom and treated worse then i can ever imagine. The room was just plain old ugly and stuck in the 1900's i expect better if you charge $349 for 2 nights it was me and my 2 grandparents in town for a wedding. Big sign that says the have seniors rates not the case they are a bunch of lying scumbags i'm NEVER staying at that dump again.