All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Salzgries 21ViennaVienna1010Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
"My shower dripped for four days my entire stay."
I could not sleep without the bathroom door closed. therefor it was cold to take a shower the next day. I told three people about this. One understood english the others not so much. It never got fixed. I would never stay there again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Would not recommend to anyone"
Pros: Great neighborhood, right in the Vienna first district (within the famous Vienna Ring). Many tourist attractions are within walking distance. Cons: - NO AIRCONDITIONING!! It was 35C (100F) outside, and we could barely sleep (and not for romantic reasons!). No fans either. Summer bugs (moths, random insects) were everywhere. It was highly uncomfortable. - Wifi did not work inside the room. We checked with some of the other guests, and they said it didn't work in their rooms either. On the second night of our stay, the wifi didn't work in the hotel lobby either, and as a result we couldn't check in online for our flight. - Reception staff leaves at 4PM. So if you come back late in the evening and forget/lose your key, good luck. That said, the lady who was at the reception in the morning was very friendly and helpful. - Breakfast was OK. Nothing warm/hot. No toast, no scrambled eggs. Coffee was being made on a per-carafe basis by the lady at the reception (who was super-busy otherwise, as she was the only one handling the entire hotel). So most people had to stand in line to get some weak watery coffee. - On the first night, we wrote an email to the hotel manager explaining our discomfort about the airconditioning, and the response was mainly a snarky "piece of advice: you should check the description on the booking website." No discount offered for the wifi not working either.
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately the week when you visited Vienna was very warm. We don't have ac, and this is not yet a standard in Vienna because we rarely have warm days like those. We apologize for that. Reception is opened until 16 h and after that the mobile number that also has Viber/Whats App is displayed at the reception desk so you could contact us 24/7. This is especially in case if you lose your key. We do have a quick solution for cases like this. No luck needed :) All amenities are clearly displayed on our page, so unfortunately we couldn't offer any discount. Best regards from Vienna! Dan In n Out staff
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Clean, Good Location and Excellent Staff"
A short time before checking into this guesthouse I had the misfortune of losing my computer tablet. When I mentioned this to the front desk receptionist she immediately provided me with information on where I could purchase a new tablet and gave me very good directions. Although I did not get her name she was consistently helpful and friendly. I feel that the helpfulness and customer service skills of the staff can be the defining factor as to whether an experience is a good experience or a bad one. The lady who is the receptionist is an excellent example of how excellent customer service can save the day.
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you so much for your kind words. We do understand when somebody is in trouble and needs help. We solved the situation together and we are glad that this didn't spoil your Vienna impressions and staying in our small hotel. We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Ed
Location was best feature of this property & a staff were very cooperative/helpful. Was here 9 nights & enjoyed my stay overall. Very modern & bright place. Couple of items would have made my stay great. No air conditioning which I failed to notice when I booked. Wasn't a major problem because weather was moderate. Had 2 night where it as a bit warm. Had to leave windows open so a bit noisy but not serious. Alexandra & entire staff were really great! Bathroom was small & sink tiny but managed. Would have loved hard boiled eggs couple of days.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great location and Vale"
This is a great hotel for the price. I can't complain about anything. Nice breakfast included. It is really an excellent location. The airport bus is two blocks and the subway is five blocks. A city bus stops next door.
2 night trip May 6, 2015
barry
"Not-that-expensive hotel in the heart of Vienna"
Furniture and equipment is a bit worn-out but clean. Very small bathroom. In a walking distance to historical places.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Nice clean, comfortable hotel with nice breakfast. If you have trouble walking, it was a good hike to attractions, we needed taxi. If you don't have issues walking it was fine.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Great location with friendly and helpful staff"
I stayed here for 3 nights with my son on our first trip to Vienna. The location is great, a 5 minute walk to the Ubahn station and walking distance to all the Old Town sights. The room was very big for European standards and clean. The included breakfast was good, nothing fancy, but enough choices. I would add some flavored yogurts in addition to plain and low fat milk as well as full fat milk. But that's just my preference and what they have is perfectly adequate. The best part about the hotel is the great staff. I'm sorry I cant remember the name of the oing lady that was there during our stay because she really went out of her way to help us in so many ways, printing out boarding passes, translating ticket pick up info etc. The hotel is easy to find if you have the address and a simple map. I would recommend emailing them ahead of time to get instructions on how to enter the building and get your keys if it's after hours. I will definitely be back!
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
I was traveling for leisure. The hotel has a very central location. It was easy to go anywhere walking or using the public transport in the city. The hotel met my expectations.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
did not enjoy. No I answered your questions that is all
Other trip May 20, 2014
very small bathroom, rare furnishing. breakfast with less choice (no rolls, no jam, ...) reception desk only available until 17.00 o´clock - so you have to check-in very early. summary: very cheap accommodation in the 1st district of vienna - but not suitable for business trips.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
I stayed there for sightseeing.The hotel met ours,in case of location for sightseeing & for facility for airport Bus.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Very good pension, with excellent location and many good services. Good breakfast. The service of free internet (WI Fi) was working nicely at the room.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
there were 3 things I missed in the room: 1. no table / desk on which to put a laptop or write anything. 2. neither a kettle in the room to boil water nor a coffee machine in the public area nor anybody in the hotel to make / sell a hot drink. 3. I had a problem connecting to hotel's wireless and nobody
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
mati
Simple but efficient and comfortably hotel. Position super!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Overnight value"
We pretty much knew when we booked this room that it wouldn't be a 3 star hotel. We picked it for its low cost and proximity to central Vienna. We were not disappointed. Room was very clean and had no problem getting into the hotel. We just rang the buzzer labeled Dan in n Out and the girl came on the intercom and buzzed us in. Remember there is not a large sign on the outside of the building. Simply a small label near the doorbell. Also when you 1st walk in you'll see a long hallway w/ a few bicycles lined up along the corridor. Down the hall on the left will be the stairs & elevator which you'll take up to the 1st floor.Breakfast consisted of cereal, bread, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice and milk. Not a hot meal but more than adequate. Great for a one night stay.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
the room was rather simple, plumbing in the bathroom was broken, but what can you expect for that price ...
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Nice location. Clean room. Slightly noisy at night but not a big issue. Breakfast was descent and staff was friendly.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Staff was very accommodating, allowing us to leave luggage after check out was very convenient. Overall a great stay for the price.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Vienn-easy"
Great location for those arriving via the airport bus, close to transportation and the downtown sites without being right in the middle of the hubbub. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vienna. It is bare bones but really, how much time are you really going to be spending in your hotel room!
1 night trip May 23, 2013
Pat
In General, the hotel corresponds to the price. Good location, friendly staff. The main thing when searching for a hotel on the street do not run past: a small sign above the call. The only minus is a very good audibility!!!!! Couples you know about your sex will be informed of the guests in the next room!
Other trip May 14, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Simple basic all we needed."
Great location. Simple room, area was quiet. Value for money. Nothing luxury but happy to have simple breakfast in the morning. I would suggest some new pillows but that's all. Had a great stay would definetly stay again
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We do hope to see you again. We wish you all the best! Dan In n Out team
2 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
"good value good location"
Home away home! the rooms are very clean and big, good location, airport bus and metro is around the corner, many small cafes/restaurants downstairs. Easy walk to the cathedral and many points of interest while on a quiet and trendy street. Staff is friendly, breakfast is simply but got everything you might expect, the eating area is clean and well organized, reminds me of school dorm days. I highly recomment this hotel!
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you so much for taking time and writing the review for us. We are glad that you liked our city and especially our hotel. We expect to see you again! Dan In n Out team
1 night trip Nov 18, 2015
Not Provided
"Reasonably priced central accommodation"
Great little gem of a hotel in central Vienna. Quite difficult to find at first, especially if on foot but we asked at a bar and they gave us directions. Really reasonably priced, clean and tidy. The area was great for bars and restaurants as well as the ambience (cobbled, winding streets) but can be a bit noisy at night. Very simple breakfast but enough for what you need. The staff were very helpful lending us an iron and hairdryer and calling taxis for us. Recommended for anyone who wants to stay in central Vienna but doesn't want to pay over the odds.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"awful hotel"
awful hotel with dirty walls in rooms, very uncomfortable beds and bad administration
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Victoria
"Right in the center of the Old city Vienna"
For some reason I couldn't mark ratings but all overall are exellent
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Koni
"Spacious"
Lovely room that was comfortable and spacious. Good location.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Central location"
Very clean bedroom, good breakfast,secure car parking close by ,short distance from river and near by restaurants.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Disappointed as no staff at times, basic breakfast and little for vegetarians When staff were there they were very helpful
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking some time and writing this review Regarding "no staff after 16 h" , the policy is made like that, but it is clearly emphasized in instruction e-mail, as well as in hotel(written on the reception). Guests always have our telephone number and you can use it to call us in any time 24/7. We always try to provide all information as soon as possible. We also have Viber and WhatsApp so you don't have to spend your credit. Regarding the breakfast, we apologize that you could't find anything to fit, and we will try to improve our breakfast. Thank you for being our guest. Dan In n Out team
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice location but nothing else"
Hotel is in a good location. That's the only good I could mention. As the hotel has only 2 staff running around, they were very busy. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told the room would be ready in an hour, we could leave our luggage somewhere and come back later. We did that. When we returned, we buzzed the hotel at the entrance and waited for 10min before someone looking angry came to the door. Curtly told us the code, and with quite a bad attitude, told us that the room where we left the luggage in was our room. Some more, there is a pub close by and for the 2 nights we were there, we could not sleep well as there was loud noises from both the party-goers and traffic till late into the night. Also, the beddings were uncomfortable, not to mention a broken bed (which was mended the next day). Not at all value for money.
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear Tzer, we apologize for any inconvenience that you had. The problem is that many guests don't read "Check-in instruction e-mail", so we expect that you are prepared when you come to us. Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience that you had. Regarding the pubs, although there are not many of them in our street, we are located in city center so it is expected that some noise is going to be present. We do hope to see you again.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Tzer Jeng
SG
Hotel was great. We had some problems getting into the hotel, even though we were there at 2:30 and they asked to check in before 3. Overall we had a great stay and it was well within walking distance of all of Old Town.
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear guest, thank you for taking some time to write review for us. We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great Location!"
This hotel has a great location! Its very close to where Morzinplatz where airport lines buses takes you quickly from airport. All the supermarket and good restaurants are nearby. Many major attractions are nearby and you can walk to those places. Rooms are very basic but are clean. Breakfast is also fine and the staff is responsive. I hope rooms could be spruced up as the hotel prices are on expensive side.
Response by Dan In'n Out
Dear Vishal, thank you for staying with us. Best regards from Vienna.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Vishal
"Very good experience !"
Perfect hotel for people that want to visit town for a couple a days. Rooms are medium size with the toilet included and in the morning you have although small a good breakfast to get you ready for the day . I would recommend specially because it's a good deal - price/quality !
3 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2015
"Totally satisfied"
Perfect place related to cost and location. Very clean. Staff so friendly and very helpful. When in Vienna again I will book there.
5 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Mohamed
We spent 3 nice days & nights in Dan in'n out.The place is very clean & very well maintained,all the facilities are present & the staff is cooperative & helpful .
2 night business trip May 13, 2014
Dr.Hani Leon
PH
"lovely basic hotel"
a long weekend to vienna with a friend. less than 5min walking to airport bus which is fantastic, friendly staff, within close walking distance to old town. however rooms are all facing communical area which is occupied for breakfast so if you might be disturbed with some noise outside room if youre looking to sleep in. and communical area smells of smoke (but you'll find that everybody smokes everywhere in vienna). all in all good stay good value for money and very convenient location.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"Very basic"
No receptionist in the "hotel". They only showed up to let you in, set the continental breakfast and on the last day to collect the money. Basic, clean and comfortable enough room. Great location and the airport bus leaves about 5mins walk from the "hotel".
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Good location-easy walk to most city centre sites."
This is a Guest House - not a hotel so don't expect hotel amenities. It is basic but very clean and well maintained. It is about a 10 minute walk to the main pedestrian walking streets & sites such as St. Stephens Cathedral. Breakfast was good and filled regularly.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Bruno
"Great place to stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay at Dan In n' Out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They put on a great spread for breakfast. The location was wonderful -- within walking distance to all kinds of sights as well as the underground. We would stay there again and would recommend it to other travelers.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2013
"Close to all"
Nice Hotel, in a old building, No Air conditioner but when outside was 33 dregee inside with 3 Windows open temperature was 23-24 degree. Breackfast is almoust ok because some can say that is to pour in choice. Cleance an room view are quite very good. It is close to important metro station, tram and aiport bus city connection (end of line) 5 min walking realy slow. 7-10 min to Saint Stephen's Catedral. Nice close restaurants, for evenings, pubs and lot af fast food.
3 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
Very nice Hotel at very nice price.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2013
dorcohe
IL
"nice ..."
nice price & nice location & nice hospitality ...
1 night trip Jun 12, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Hostelli, ei hotelli"
Hotelli oli enmmänkin hostelli. Ei vastannut valokuvia yhtään. Huone oli hieman rähjääntynyt ja likaisen oloinen. Perussiisteys kuitenkin oli, mutta pinttyneet tarhrat kylpyhuoneessa sekä kosteusjäljet ovessa/huoneen pöydässä eivät luoneet siistiä vaikutelmaa. Seinät olivat kuin paperia, mutta onneksi pääsääntöisesti asiakaskunta hiljeni klo 22 aikoihin. Sijainti on loistava! Erittäin ystävällinen palvelu, josta saa olla kiitollinen. Aamiainen oli hyvä.
4 night romance trip Mar 18, 2016
Niina
FI
"Super zentral, mehr nicht"
Ich war fünf Übernachtungen im Dan In'n Out. In dieser Zeit wurde zweimal das Badezimmer gereinigt, und einmal das Zimmer gesaugt. Jeweils an unterschiedlichen Tagen, wohlgemerkt. Die Aussage der Rezeption, dass das Arbeitsverhältnis mit der tätigen Reinigungskraft nicht weitergeführt wird, und diese daher wenig motiviert ist, ist vielleicht eine Erklärung, aber keine Entschuldigung! Ansonsten gibt es nicht viel zu sagen. Das Zimmer ist sehr spartanisch. Für einen kurzen Aufenthalt ist es durchaus geeignet, da es wirklich eine absolute Top-Lage hat.
5 night trip Mar 4, 2016
Jeffrey
DE
"Enkelt men centralt."
Enkelt men fungerar bra om man vill ha nära till shopping och kultur och kommunikationer. Nära flygbussens hållplats.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
Birgitta
SE
"괜찮았어요"
방안에 냉장고가 없어서 아쉬웠어요. 와이파이는 터지나 잘 안되요.... 관광지와 위치는 아주 가깝습니다.
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2016
2 night trip Feb 11, 2016
Nicolas
FR
"Vale a pena!"
ótimas instalações, quarto limpo e espaçoso e excelente localização.
2 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2016
BR
"편리한 위치, 친절한 직원분들 :)"
직원분들이 친절하셔서 좋았습니다. 방은 쾌적했으나 난방이 안되는 점이 아쉬웠습니다. 조식 뷔페는 괜찮았습니다. 위치를 가장 중요하게 생각하고 예약한 호텔이었는데 역시 위치는 정말 좋았고요. 다만 저희 방에서는 wifi가 안되었는데, 원래 1번방이 wifi에 접속하는 데 문제가 있다고 하시더라고요.
2 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2016
Kyungeun
KR
"Vienne à noël"
4j à Vienne, ville très agréable pendant la période de noël, pleins de choses à faire .
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015