All hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here316 Calle Fortaleza, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Romantic getaway in old san juan"
Hotel Casablanca is a diamond in the rough tucked away in Old San Juan. The decor is perfect down to the constant loop of "Casablanca" playing on the TV's in the lobby. The little touches really made the difference here. The real selling point for us was the rooftop area that over looked all of San Juan. With it's lounge chairs and stone tubs it really was the perfect place to be when the beach was just out of reach. Only downside was the restaurant and bar being closed Monday - Wednesday, but with all the other wonderful places to eat and drink in Old San Juan, it didn't matter in the least.
3 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
"Boutique hotel in San Juan"
Nice place, quiet and in the center of old San Juan.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
martin
great location, room was quaint, clean, very nice common areas in the hotel, great views from rooftop
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
Audrey R
":)"
I loved it!!!!!
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
"Old world charm"
if you want to step back in time when excess wasn't best, and simple things were enough, then this is the hotel for you. It's old world charm, and small rooms add to the feel of way back then. Then walk around the corner to the Mallorca restaurant, when the waiters and bus boy wear old style uniforms to complete and old world romance experience. The location is great, at around 11pm we sat at the plaze de las Armas and had a pastry and coffee. If you want lap of luxury with space and bling, go to Cornado, but if you want a charming cozy hotel room, then stay at Casa Blanca. The staff were great and helpful. We will be staying here again and reliving the romance, and trying the rooftop tubs.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Remmy
"Perfect place to stay in old San Juan"
Excellent hotel with its own distinct charm, we got to know all of the staff very well and they were incredibly helpful regarding suggestions for local eats/drinks; we absolutely loved the rooftop. There is no better place to stay in old San Juan.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Perfect start to our vacation"
We will definitely go back to visit. Did not have enough time to see everything.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
K Moore
We loved the hotel and the atmosphere. We wanted to experience some local flavor and this was perfect. Our bed was so comfortable!! The décor was eclectic but tasteful. The location worked out great as we could walk to many other places to eat or sight see. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. Only thing I would change is to add an elevator if possible.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Karen Vangilder
"Very cozy, beautiful hotel"
It was perfect for 1 night in the heart of Old San Juan. The location is perfect, the staff is very nice and extremely helpful. Our room was very pretty and nice for a romantic getaway. There is just ONE thing that was a bit strange: because of the architecture, there were no windows in our bedroom (most of the bedrooms have small window-like opening on the hall) but that did not bother us much.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Valentina
"charming"
In the heart of Old San Juan! Great location with shopping and restaurants at every turn! Lots to do by foot. Building is older but has been remodeled and updated. A very charming feel! The service is outstanding!!! Downsides: parking is a wall and on your own, no elevator in the building, and the rooms are small with no real Windows. Definitely recommend to experience at least once.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
marc
"Great Friendly Staff"
We all loved our rooms and the staff was great! Awesome way to start our Puerto Rico vacation!!! Very clean and cozy.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Conveniently situated in old San Juan"
Location is right in the heart of old San Juan. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The decor is superb, consisting of Moroccan artifacts and furnishings. We were made very welcome when we arrived.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Val
Great service and lovely character hotel. Surprised that no window in bedroom, room in the middle of the building ..... Renovations in progress so rooftop terrace closed ..... disappointing as baths were a great feature / attraction when booking. Enjoyable stay and would return .... when rooftop finished
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Best hotel to enjoy Old San Juan"
I had a great experience in this Hotel, it was very clean, it was very comfortable to stay in the room although it was a little small we enjoyed our 6 days vacation very much, their staff was so helpful to point us in the right direction so we can enjoy beautiful places, they even did laundry for us and I was so grateful for that because I didn't know where the laundromat was at. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to spend good time in Old San Juan.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Cesar
"NO FREAKIN ELEVATOR!!!!"
My first mind was to book a room at another hotel closer to El Morro, but I found this one for $30 cheaper and decided to save some money. HUGE MISTAKE!! My wife and I arrived and were told the bellboy was out to lunch and to leave our bags at the front desk. THEN, we were given a room on the 4th floor, which sounds great until you find out THERE IS NO ELEVATOR!!! We had to climb up the stairs then realized something important was in our luggage and had to go back down and since we were already down there, we carried our bags up. An hour later and the bellboy still wasn't back, so I'm okay with our decision in retrospect. No real amenities, the ice machine is on the first floor ONLY. No vending machines, no views, no microwave, no ironing boards, no closet, the list just goes on and on!! I will NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE!! The best thing about this place was their breakfast and proximity to both El Morro and Cristobal.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great service and location"
The room did not have a window or a closet, but the staff was excellent.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice boutique hotel close to everything."
The check in was fast. The hotel decoration is beautiful. The staff is friendly. Romantic ambiance in the room. Every place you need to go in the city is walking distace. Did a lot of things during the day and night. Excelent place for couples or families. Nice view from the rooftop and good place to relax. Loved the bathtubs on the roof. Will come again.
Luis
"much fun, great staff, great location"
would do it again
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
cactus dave
"GREAT PLACE"
AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. Thank you
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
David J
"THE place to stay"
I would stay here again and again. Amazing location, wonderful rooms... Wow!!
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great location and that's it."
This hotel is in a great location and a nice looking lobby. And that's it. The rooms are small and mine didn't even have a window. While the staff is helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean. I've stayed in hostels that had similar or better amenities. Here you are paying a lot of money for what the rooms are for the amazing and convenient location. If you are looking for a nice hotel experience, This is not the place. If you just need a place to crash at the end of a night around Viejo San Juan, this place is great. But be warned, there is no elevator.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great in heart of old San Juan"
We stayed here for our first night in Puerto Rico, it was right in the center of Old San Juan and was very easy to walk to all the sites. There are a lot of stairs, but the staff helped us carry our bags up and it wasn't much trouble. I don't know if I'd want to spend more than a night or two here, the rooms are small as you'd expect in a historic area, but we really enjoyed it while getting our bearings in the city.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Chose this hotel for its location. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly/helpful, but note there is no elevator and it was a four floor hike. Again, great location which was the selling point for us.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Damian
"Casa grande is THE place"
I read recently went to Puerto Rico and extended my stay past the time that the rest of my group was going to be there. I booked a room at the Casa Blanca hotel and was very glad I did! The staff was beyond courteous and helpful! They did everything they could to make my state pleasant! The room was comfortable, clean and the decor was lovely ! The tubs on the roof were interesting but I did not attempt getting in one. The stairs could be an issue for some , but I took them one at a time ! I would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Kathleen
"Cozy and convenient"
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Especially Keyla the server at the restaurant. The location was prime if you are looking to sight see old San Juan. If you are looking for a beach you'll have to take a cab. If you enjoy staying at a cozy place with ambiance then this is the place. If you prefer elevators and more amenities then a Marriott is more for you. There was construction going on but further up the road, i couldn't hear it. However, the walls are pretty thin and i was on the 2nd floor and could hear people talking at the bar below.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Millie3a
"wonderful"
The hotel was great! In an excellent location and everyone was very helpful and nice. Would recommend it and stay there again! I rated the comfort of the room a 4 because there is no window. (I realize there is nothing the hotel can do about this.)
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
great 2 night stay
Wonderful place right in the center of everything. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again if I travel back to old San Juan.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"great spot with character and all the essentials"
Loved, loved, loved this place! Located in Old San Juan, it's easy walking distance to all that's on offer - fort, museums, restaurants. Hotel itself is a nice fit given its location: plenty of character and quirky decor, yet complete with clean, comfortable rooms, necessary amenities and hospitable staff. Beds have awesome foam mattresses, bathrooms come with solid water pressure and toiletries, and the rooftop provides a neat view of Old San Juan. We did not try the bar or the restaurant, but the staff is very helpful, accommodating and friendly, so I am certain the breakfast or evening scene at the hotel is worth the time. Parking garage just two streets down charges 50cents/hr and provides peace of mind in this one-way cobblestone neighborhood. Definitely would stay again!
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2014
Marina
"PERFECT LOCATION :)))"
I felt like I was at home which is saying a lot because I traveled to PR alone. I absolutely LOVED this hotel and location. The staff is so friendly, warm, and informative. They genuinely care about your stay both in the hotel and in PR. No elevator but no problem as the gentleman gladly assists you with your bags. Be nice and tip as he's a sweetheart. Guests do get a discount in the hotel cafe and the service is nice but you can find better deals by exploring restaurants near by. The terrace is so peaceful at dawn and just as the sun sets. Brave the flights of stair it's worth it :) OMG ... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. You are literally in the middle of EVERYTHING!!! If you want to dance the night away at THEE BEST salsa place, Nuyorican Cafe is just a few doors down. Local shops, restaurants, Walgreens is just up the block, Starbucks (I'd recommend local coffee) is just around the corner ... I could go on. Point is you can't find a better place to rest your head while enjoying the beauty of Old San Juan. I already miss Casablanca and Old San Juan :)
Other trip May 30, 2014
Christina
"AMAZING! Authentic"
If you want to experience Puerto Rico authentically visit here! Extremely helpful staff and really neat place! Located in a great convenient area that is not full of tourists and in front of Marmalade Restaurant!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Good location in Old San Juan"
Great location, beautiful lobby area, very comfortable bed. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and attractions.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"close to all great sees"
loved the hotel and great location and very accommodating staff-totally cool décor-would definitely stay there again
2 night trip May 16, 2014
susan hogg-wise
"LOOOOOOVED My stay!"
The customer service was beyond excellent! The only reason I gave the hotel a rating less than 5 (Very satisfied) was because they were conducting maintenance during my stay and testing the fire alarms.
5 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"One night stay"
Pre-cruise stay. One night was about all I could do, as Casablanca has no elevator, and we stayed on the 5th floor. But the room was spotless(small), and cool. Staff carried our bags up & down the stairs. Very short walk to eats & drinks. 10-15 minute taxi to Royal Caribbean cruise port.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Lou
excelente
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Carlos
"Great location and boutique hotel"
Great boutique hotel, clean room, friendly staff and great location to see everything in old San Juan. Only con during our stay was the wireless internet kept going in and out. Other than that I have no complaints about our stay. I would stay here again in a heartbeat
Response by CasaBlanca Hotel
Hello Zach, Thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving such a nice review! We apologize for the intermittent internet connection, we finally were told AT&T antenna had been tampered with, they thought, as everyone had interrupted service and the harm seemed other than from natural causes. Thank you for your patience and we hope to see you back soon!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Zach
Our stay at Casablanca was pleasant. The front desk person, Miguel, was very friendly and helpful. It is walking distance to all the bars, restaurants and tourist spots in Old San Juan. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The view from the rooftop is amazing. It doesn't have an elevator, but we got a good workout. Would definitely stay there again and would have liked to on our last night but they were all booked!
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Alevaza
"Great night sleep"
Love, Love, Love this hotel. When I go back, I will not stay any where else. They held onto bags before and after check in.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"I cant wait to go back!!"
I Love Casablanca, location was convenient, easy to get to. Staff was friendly, helpful and very accommodating.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Won't go back"
Went on a trip to San Juan and the hotel was recommended in old San Juan. There are no elevators and we were on the 4th floor. I was suppose to get a room with two beds and didn't and the two bed rooms were taken by others. We paid extra for a balcony and it was horribly dirty overlooking the trash and roofs of San Juan. The floors were dirty in the room. Quite expensive for the food.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
C
"Was a very beautiful hotel authentic with helpful,"
we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was helpful and caring. The hotel was authentic and beautiful. It was within walking distance of everything.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
sue
"Pre-cruise stay"
This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel prior to a cruise out of San Juan. We love the location right in the middle of Old San Juan. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel and with no elevator that was a bit of a challenge carrying our luggage up so many flights of stairs. Miguel carried my wife's up which was an added benefit. The air conditioner worked great and the room was nice and cool as it was very hot and humid outside. He also suggested a nice place for dinner and breakfast which wasn't too expensive. The room was quite small but had a comfortable bed. After we arrived back in from our cruise the next week we took our luggage back and they kept it for us while we wandered around in Old San Juan again for several hours before our flight left. All the staff were very courteous and accommodating even giving us extra pillows when we requested them. We'll go back again!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Gary & Debra
"Fun trip to San Juan"
We had a great trip to San Juan for a couple nights before heading to our island destination. The staff were very friendly and helpful upon arrival. The rooms are clean and efficient. Our room had no windows, but seems pretty typical of the layout of hotels in the area. Air conditioning worked great so no need for windows anyways. Be sure to venture right across the street to the Marmalade restaurant as it was the best we had on our visit.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Perfectly quaint hotel -- exactly what I hoped for"
We stayed in Old San Juan the last night of our week-long vacation in Puerto Rico. This hotel was perfect and conveniently located to shopping, the cruise ship port and one of the historic forts. We stayed in a 2-bedroom room which was perfect for us and our kids. It had a balcony overlooking the street. The bath tubs on the roof were a unique bonus. Only one complaint: they should have alerted us about the construction and road closure in front of hotel and offered alternatives. We came in very frazzled because the road the hotel is located on was closed for construction. We had spent an hour driving in circles on cobblestone, one-way streets trying to find the hotel. We finally parked (very limited parking in Old San Juan) and walked several blocks with our luggage to the hotel. The staff was very gracious then and all through our stay.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
The rooms were extremely small and NO elevator. I had to carry 6 heavy bags ( going on a 2 week cruise) up and down 4 flights of stairs.No elevator should have been identified!!
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Great Location, Simple Hotel"
The location is great, walking distance to everything in Old San Juan. The staff is friendly and helpful. The lobby is very small, but nicely decorated. There are some tubs on the roof that would make for a nice place to have a drink and soak. I wouldn't personally pay extra for a room with a "view", as you're pretty much looking at ugly rooftops wherever I looked from the 5th and 6th floor. I guess the rooms that are on the main street might have somewhat of a view, but it didn't seem like much. The rooms are very small, but they are clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a lot of sunlight and noise in the morning, but this is to be expected if you're staying in the heart of Old San Juan. No elevator either, but they'll help you with your luggage. This was a basic, good hotel that was worth the money for the location, and was very clean.
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2014
"elegant"
Great location specially if you are crusing ... loved my room small but just right lots of staires no ELEVATOR!! beautiful view tubs on roof to enjoy
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
eliza
"Love the Stay"
Hotel staff does everything to make stay comfortable....you just have to like stairs because elevator is not in hotel yet
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Amazing staff, eager to help. Our first room on 5th floor was small and the accumulated repairs were visible; bits of cement, cracked tiles, etc. But definitely clean. The room had been described as having a large window but that window actually opened into the hallway with a large external window across the hallway. Moved to a larger room on 3rd floor which was in excellent repair, shared balcony overlooking the street, and clean as well. Great neighborhood just away from the tourist areas where the cruise ships dock. Very safe area as in all of the old city. Near good restaurants and coffee houses. Great place to stay if you get the right room.
5 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Colorful Hotel in Old San Juan"
Location was great. Staff was attentive. Hotel though old was clean and colorfully decorated.
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014