All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2310 Kuhio Avenue, Suite 140, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5
"Kalakaua or Kuhio? 5 minutes and worlds apart"
The stay was mostly very comfortable. The bed was a bit hard and VERY squeaky, but the kitchen area was adequately supplied and very handy. No great views. The establishment as a whole IS older, but our room was clean. The hotel's front entry is kind of hidden away. Office staff was very kind and helpful, as we had added an extra day and were able to stay in the same room. They even let me keep the beach chairs and umbrella PAST our checkout time, as our activities lasted longer. I hope they upgrade their beach loaners soon, as the ones we used were so tattered and worn. The lei greeting was a pleasant surprise!
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
small and quiet. Older hotel but comfortable mostly,,,, the bed was way too soft
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
ginger
For the price it's a very modesty priced hotel ...staff is wonderful and one of the best Japanese restaurant right down stairs ...1 block off the beach very nice over all ..would go back
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Disappointing"
No water pressure in the simple shower, front desk staff was lazy and unhelpful. Changing the batteries to the remote was cumbersome for her.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Mieko
Close to beach and everything in Waikiki. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Decent hotel in the center of Waikiki"
The room is clean and has a queen size bed that you pull out of a wardrobe, but the matress is not great. Extra people can sleep on the sofa bed. The kitchen has almost everything you need to cook a meal. Wi-Fi available at extra cost.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Ale
"Budget hotel"
Bascially you get what you pay for. Nothing fancy, but the service is good.
5 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Diego
"Roach hotel"
Horrible office hours. Dirty, worn rooms. Club right below banged music til 2 am. Check in late (4pm), check out early (10am). Charged $15 for parking at a garage 2 blocks down. When we parked, saw that the garage actually was charging $10. $250 hold for incidentals. Bed was a bed that folded out of the wall and was very uncomfortable with no comforter.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Do not Stay!"
Upon check i. I was asked to place a $250 depisit down which was larfer than the cost of my stay !
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"I would stay here again!"
Staff was friendly. The location was great- not too far from the beach. I liked that were places to eat right outside the hotel: korean bbq, subway and a sandwich and smoothie place. There was a kitchen and fridge inside the hotel room. Free towel and umbrella and water toys. Cant beat the price for what you get!
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Katie
"Clean & close to everything in Waikiki."
the room was clean and comfortable. Being on Kuhio Ave it was close to everything.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
alexander
Friendly welcome upon check in. Was able to check in early as a room was available. But if not they do not have space to hold luggage... The room was a great value. Clean, although out of date. The Murphy bed was not very comfortable however. I would stay again for the value and the kitchen.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Inventory"
The only thing I didn't like was having to due an inventory on the dishes, cups, and forks etc.... That was kind of a pain because I had no use for the kitchenette that came with room. Other then that the front desk staff was great and for the price good deal.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Never stayed there. Hotel was closed at 10 PM with gated bars to prevent entry. Hotel would not send a clerk back for check-in.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"No Aloha"
Luckily, we only used this room as a base camp to spend our final day before taking the overnight flight back to the mainland, otherwise, I'd be very very displeased. In my humble opinion, a "hotel" (and I use the term lightly) of this poor quality doesn't belong in the Expedia inventory. I felt more like Section 8 housing than a hotel... run down and smelly elevator (Who puts carpet on the walls of an elevator in a tropical, humid environment?), very un-secure room doors (So easy to by-pass the locked main entrance, breezeway is exposed to the apartments behind, no deadlocks, very easy for someone to simply scale up from the outside and jimmy the door), shabby, smelly carpeting in unit. On the plus side, the bathroom was very clean (what we were really after, so we could spend the day on the beach and then shower before heading to the airport), the staff friendly and helpful, and they did offer beach towels, chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards. Another plus is that Marukame Udon is directly in front of the "hotel", and this is probably some of the best Japanese "fast food" you'll get in Waikiki: they make their udon fresh constantly through the day and the prices can't be beat! This unit wasn't cheap... there are many better deals if you hunt a bit more.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
NarsiscoLopez
"A nice little hotel"
With stunning views of an alley way and restaurant's HVAC system, Kuhio Banyan is not what you expect from Waikiki Beach. But that being said, it is three blocks from the beach. The area is nice. The price is much lower than the posh resorts, and the staff is super-nice and helpful. The rooms feature a nice little kitchenette which was great since I was travelling with my 4 y/o son. I liked the place enough to return a second time. Yes, it's a bit old. No, it's not a resort. But if you are on a budget and but need something clean and family-safe; you could do a lot worse than this place. I liked it and I will book there again if I return to Hawaii.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Patryk
"OK"
This hotel is OK. The murphy bed was new for us, but that's part of the adventure with traveling. We were first sent to a smoking room which was filthy, so we asked to be moved to a non-smoking room and it was much cleaner and better. But the AC can get annoyingly loud. Just don't expect anything super fancy. This is an apartment-hotel, studio type. What disappointed me was the club next to the place. Noise wasn't an issue but you'd find shady people lurking around the corners, drinking or drunk. Just not a safe feeling at night. But there's a security guard by the hotel at night who is nice.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice location but terrible house keeping."
Very nice location right in Waikiki. 2 blocks down to the beach , and the famouse udon is just right upfront. however, the service was terrible , nobody come to clean my rooms for three days until I talked to the reception about it. Room keeper didn't not change towels nor vacuum, and carpet was still full of sands. For about the same price go to the holiday inn that is just right next block. Save yourself hassle.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Kenji
"Worst hotel ever!"
Dropped off at a night club. When I had my 13 yr old and then i needed a code to get in. Was not given one. Had me wait 5 hrs to get assistance. The hotel manager wanted to charge me $45.00 so she can come out and give me code. I went and walked with my daughter at 2am in Honolulu and I found a hotel myself. Was very unhappy with this night club hotel. How can Epedia ever recommend it to anyone. That place is a college hang out with lots of drinking. Cops were called twice. Inside that hotel. And the security was rude and kicked us out and told us we had to wait outside. This place has no lobby it's a dump and a party house.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Worst hotel on kuhio avenue"
Called let them know that I was checking in late. Lady couldn't find my res for a while then told me to look for security when I got in and gave me a code. Got there and took me 15 min to find security. Put me in room right above play bar and had pounding music in my room all night couldn't sleep. Hotel front desk spke broken English improper for any hotel. Room was dirty and smelled like mothballs. Horrible stay
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
local resident
"Clean, spacious and convenient"
Clean, spacious, convenient and affordable. Quick overnighter this time but would book a longer stay because of the spacious, clean rooms and kitchenettes
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
DaBigBamboo
"Great room for the price"
This room was in the perfect location for me and my activities that I had planned. Parking is always a little tricky if you have a vehicle, but it is definitely do able. The room was very spacious and came with plenty of kitchen gear to create your own meals. There was plenty of towels, blankets, and necessities to make your stay very comfortable. The staff at Kuhio Banyan are also excellent and are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Budget price kitchenette."
Budget place to stay. Great if you want to cook your own meals and stay for a while in Waikiki without breaking the bank. Bring your own shampoo, soap and hairdryer. Be prepared that there is traffic noise and a bar downstairs that is noisy on some nights. The style is definitely "Old Hawaii" Furnishings and décor are not new or trendy. For the price, it is clean, comfortable and secure. Security guard at night and key only entry after office hours. Staff is very friendly and helpful with the exception of one front desk person.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"dont stay here"
Not a hotel. Its an apt building converted to hotel. Not worth time or money
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
r
"wrong choice"
I'll never recommend this hotel for any body. They don't have bed. I should slept on the floor because they didn't prepare bed in the room. Nobody believe me when I say about this worst hotel. Finally they gave me small mattress without blanket. Before I check in I waited 1 and half hour because nobody was at the counter. Be smart!! Never choose kuhio banyan
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
Ace
"the nightclub below likes loud music!"
good location. Noisy, oler hotel
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Hotel on a Budget."
If you want to go to Hawaii and you have limited funds, this place will work just fine. The Kitchenette is great for eating in. I always bring some easy dinner meals from home and make my own meals. This leaves me more to spend on gifts. It is an older hotel and furnished from the 70's, but you get what you pay for. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful in finding parking for you if you have rented a car. I got to use a parking space from one of the perminent tenants. He only charged me 10 bucks a day. That was another savings! Used that towards gas. If you are expecting 4 star quality, don't stay here. If you are wanting a place to rest your head in between seeing the island and you don't care about having ammenities, here you go!
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Close to beach"
Murphy bed was terrible. Room was clean but really run down. People were nice.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Good hotel for this money"
Very good staff, Very good locacion of 200 meturs from beach.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Muri
"hole in the wall"
This is not a hotel, it is a converted apartment complex with an entrance in a mini-strip mall type of building. It needs work, but the rate reflected this and it was affordable for being in Waikiki. After arriving on a late flight, I got to the building at 10:10pm, which was 10 minutes after closing time. No one was there and there wasn't a note on the door telling me to contact security. The phone number that was listed just rang and rang. I had to get a room at another hotel, which was not cheap and it took a couple hours before I was able to get to bed. Not a great first impression. Otherwise the staff was nice.
5 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
DD
"Look can be deceiving...."
The picture of the building looks inviting, but once you get in the room, it needs a lot of updating. TV is so small and outdated. 20 inch tv is so small. The bed was not as comfortable and it's called the Murphy bed, the kind that you pull down from the wall. If I only knew, I would not have stayed there. Carpet and furnitures needs updating and should be replaced. The shower header was too low and placed on the corner of the shower stall. The air conditioner was the old fashion kind that's still fitted to the window. The couches and cushions were smelly and dirty, they need to be replaced. After we checked in the room, there was a note stating that the water will be turned off at a certain time, that was inconvenienced. The window treatments were terrible and should be replaced. Windows needs to be double pane to keep the loud noises coming from the club or bars surrounding the area. Carpet throughout the whole area, the hallways and elevator needs to be replaced. It was filthy dirty. Not enough lighting around area when returning to the room at dark. This place could make big bucks if they could raise up the standards of the rooms.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
david
Very small and there was no parking could park at another hotel for $25 a night
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Mahea
nice bathroom
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"Great Experience!"
In all, I really enjoyed my stay. The room was a bit old and out-dated, and the bar downstairs was a little bothering. But, the service was fantastic, and for the price...you can't go wrong. The room was surprisingly very clean and I loved the little kitchen. My experience was a lot better than I expeted it to be.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Close to beach"
Very close to beach. Room was OK, queen size Murphy bed and two twin beds. Some staff members were very helpful, others, not so much. If you wanted a hot shower there was no water pressure.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Bad customer service, the room felt dirty."
I did not like how the lady at the counter desk gave me attitude, she was so disrespectful and rude. I would never go to that hotel ever and I surely don't recommend this hotel to anybody. I had to switch to 3 rooms. Back and forth! back and forth! It was the most irritating thing. Also the front desk lady did not tell me everything that I needed to know about the hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"I would never stay here again..."
My friends were coming the next day, so I decided to book a random cheap place where I can just sleep for one night. I am not exaggerating when I say that this was the worst Hotel experience in my life. The lady at the front desk was nice, but the building, the room and the location is dead awful. I had to kill a cockroach with a night stand in my room. The air conditioning is old and very loud. The shower looks like one you would find in a prison. There is no shampoo in the bathroom and the water trickles down from the shower head. Worst of all, there is a bar/club downstairs, and you hear the loud music well past midnight. I would not stay here for 20 dollars. Maybe if it was free but only for one night.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
LoveTravelling
"Just WOW!"
Television didn't work. Room smelled like mold! Bed was a Murphy bed...very uncomfortable. No shampoo or any standard amenities. Gross is the word that comes to mind when I think of this room. The front office staff was EXCELLENT! But great personalities only go so far.....
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
dave
"A basic place to stay"
A hotel similar to what one would find traveling about in out of the way places in Asia; if you are looking for a five star hotel, look elsewhere! A low cost, basic place to sleep (and cook if you wish); location accessible to all of Waikiki. Our experience was that the staff was very accommodating: we showed up before check-in time and the desk person found us a room; they were consistently helpful with information.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Cheap and shabby but clean"
The bare-bones room with a Murphy bed was clean but it looked like nothing had been changed since the 1950's.
3 night business trip Jul 30, 2013
"It is at the prime location, however..."
The hotel in general is old and ok, but there are three things need to bring up for future customers' attention: 1) the small wall air condition is so noisy when you turn it on. I have to put ear plugs to get to sleep. (still pretty loud) 2) the wall bed mattress is uncomfortable, it's uneven, and it makes noises when you writhe. 3) the maids only come on Tuesdays and Fridays to make it full clean up. ( I stayed from Wed. till next Tue., so I only get ONE TIME clean up. I did not realize until I asked the staffs for more towels.)
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
B.B.
"Close to bua stop"
it was okay ezcept it gets really loud at night because of the club
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Budget accommodations in Waikiki"
Stayed two nights. On arrival my plane was delayed, so I got to the hotel after 9pm. I was charged $45 cash because the agent had finished work for the night! Hotel staff were less than helpful, to say the least. Not demonstrating the "Aloha Spirit" on my first impression of Hawaii. Hotel is centrally located, easy access to Waikiki Beaches and other attractions. The price is right.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Cathy
"Kuhio Banyon"
All rooms are Studios with a pull-down Queen sized Murphy bed and kitchenette with a small refridgerator, micro-wave oven, coffee-maker, utensils, dishes and a breakfast table. Two living room sofas also convert to two single beds. Clean. Window air conditioned kept it cool. Variable speed overhead fan with overhead light. Adequate closet space for two people.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good place if not going to be in the room much"
The hotel is conveniently located close to the beach and shopping in Waikiki. There is not much to the room, but it is convenient and not too expensive if you're going to take advantage of the things there are to do in Hawaii and not spend too much time in the hotel. The bed is not very comfortable. They did not replenish the coffee packet. We only got the one and we were there 17 days. The staff was friendly.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"A Fair Treat"
The Front Desk Ladies were very helpful in making quick decisions to allow changes made without any hassle or any additional charges. I was very happy and satisfied .
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Amla
"I'd stay again"
Not super friendly staff but who cares. Cheap room, 2 blocks from beach, full kitchen so we saved even more money eating in. Win win.
6 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
Leah
"Close to the each but....."
hotel was close to the wikiki nightlife but that allow for allot of outside noise the rooms were actually pretty clean for the price. Unfortunatley the room smelled like an ashtray
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Good value for the money"
The Kuhio Banyan is an older, walk-up building on the mauka (mountain) side of Waikiki. Rooms are small studios with Murphy beds -- nothing fancy, but the place is clean and well cared for. If you plan on spending your time at the beach and doing other outdoor activities and need a safe, clean place to sleep, Kuhio Banyan provides great value for the money. In addition, the staff were friendly and helpful and beach gear (chairs, boogie boards, coolers, beach towels) are available for day use at no charge to guests.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"not the way i pictured it."
hotel location is too rowdy. drunk people from the club downstairs was scary.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013