All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2310 Kuhio Avenue, Suite 140, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Dont be thrilled"
The hotel is very basic. Murphy bed in the room. They require to charge you $250 deposit and if room looks OK after your stay -they will refund. I did not like this at all. Dated carpet. Not the greatest place but OK for one night stay like we did.
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2016
tatyana
"Great price, great location."
The hotel is in a very busy street but is very peaceful.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Ned
Staff was friendly but front office is hidden took a while to find. They need to tell people there is a $250 deposit that they hold before they book the room. Also no parking took hours to find parking especially at night since they have a bar right in front of the hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
No wifi available this time. Everything is fine except wifi. But at night, mom said noisy outside because there's a bar. I will stay this hotel next time but make sure wifi is working :)
4 night family trip Dec 7, 2015
Megumi
The hotel is fair but do not stay on Room 324. It's right above a night club and every 4am when the patrons get out of the club are noisy. Then there's a central air condition for the club right outside the room. So every night that makes a lot of noise. If you're a light sleeper not the room for you, make sure you get the mountainside. All in all it was fair at least the hotel is in Waikiki.
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
Rosemarie
"Great location : outdated dirty room"
Honestly, the room just felt dirty. The carpet was old, really old, like... I didn't want to walk on it with my bare feet old. The sheets were discolored. There was just a lot of things going on that I refused to touch/use. We actually went to Ross Dress for Less and picked up cheap twin bed sheets for the two twin beds they had in there. I didn't even want to use the bathroom/shower. I mean? We couldn't get into our condo rental our first night in Honolulu, so we found the cheapest rental available. So I guess, you get what you pay for? If you want to sleep 4 guests on the cheap with a mini kitchenette and you aren't afraid of what other guests may or may not have left behind, this is definitely the place for you. I fully reccomend bringing your own sheets and pillow cases. Theirs tons of sleeper inserts you can find online as well, but sheets and pillow cases will do just fine.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2015
Valarie
Washing machine didn't work a lot of the time. Roaches in room.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Every things okay Friendly and professional front desk,the only thing I want to mention is the shuttle bus pick up area by the corner of the hotel at 5am is too dark.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2015
"More for city folk"
Constant door slamming.. Yelling and verbal fights in the corridor ... Hard to sleep.. But if ya wanna party this is the place everything is in walking distance ..
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Decent hotel, nothing special."
No parking, horrible Internet. Convienently placed in Waikiki, close to the beach. You get what you pay for. If you're staying more than a week, kitchen and cooking supplies come in handy. Construction happening all around, very loud. If you're not planning on being in your room very often it's fine..
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
illy
For a cheap stay this is a great hotel
2 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Stayed for 5 nights. Staff was Nice and friendly. Free rentals on boggy boards, unbrellas and beach towels. Room was clean but the bed was too hard. The worst was that there was hardly anywhere to park.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Cynthia
"Not a vacation getaway, but nice for the price"
Staff is friendly but not helpful. This place is more of an apartment kitchenette than a hotel. Good if you get a good price, and if just for a day or 2. But I would not suggest for a vacation getaway.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"No parking"
Had to he up at 6am to move my car, no hotel parking
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Tracy
"Decent location - uncomfortable"
Decent location, close to bus stop. Easy to take "The Bus" to & from airport & around island including pearl harbor as long as you don't check luggage & don't plan to check-in before 4pm. Can walk to beach. Expected to take inventory of room contents & report missing items, but they didn't replace so next guest wouldn't have same problem. Wifi didnt work. Murphy bed extremely uncomfortable. Don't expect to sleep.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"ok"
they let me check in early-good. internet was so bad i went to starbucks to use theirs.............lol.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Boy who like Na
"Kalakaua or Kuhio? 5 minutes and worlds apart"
The stay was mostly very comfortable. The bed was a bit hard and VERY squeaky, but the kitchen area was adequately supplied and very handy. No great views. The establishment as a whole IS older, but our room was clean. The hotel's front entry is kind of hidden away. Office staff was very kind and helpful, as we had added an extra day and were able to stay in the same room. They even let me keep the beach chairs and umbrella PAST our checkout time, as our activities lasted longer. I hope they upgrade their beach loaners soon, as the ones we used were so tattered and worn. The lei greeting was a pleasant surprise!
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Nice room, middle of it all great staff. Very helpful getting to airport cheap.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Best price in town,great staff,near the Happenings"
Great price.If you are going to stay on the south shore?Don't rent a car-ride the bus,or only rent for a day.There is no place to park-if only by a very slim chance.If you do,don't leave anything showing in the car-there are a lot of break inns.This hotel is clean,close to the beach,near bus stops(the staff have copies of the bus #'s to all the spots to see) Not a bad deal.....WS Long Beach,Ca.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Great location but not comfortable."
It has a murphy bed that is hard and lumpy. The couch was more comfortable.
Other trip May 3, 2015
joanne
"It was OK"
Only slept there. The shower and the toilet worked.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Ron
"Cheap with no extra"
The place doesn't have a front desk after 10pm and the front door is locked so make sure you make arrangements if getting in past that time to be able to get in and get your room key. Also their is no baggage check to either check in your bags if you arrive before your room is ready or if you have a late flight and want to walk around some with out your laggage. It is a cheap place to stay.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
never got the chance to stay and by the looks of it I'm so glad no parking for the hotel?????? CRAZY!!! called to see how to park and find LOBBY.. they close at 10pm but for a deposit he'll put your key in a safe for you... wasted over $100.00 on NOTHING!! Shame on Hotels.com for adding this to its site.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Tiffany
"GOOD VALUE FOR YOUR $$$$$"
LETS FACE IT WHEN PICKING THIS HOTEL YOU AREN'T LOOKING FOR THE RITZ CARLTON.THIS CLEAN ROOM IS WELL EQUIPT SO YOU CAN SAVE MORE BY COOKING IN.THE ROOM IS NOT CLEANED DAILY! WE SATYED 6 DAYS ONLY ONE TIME. YOU PAY FOR MORE CLEAN TOWELS,COFFEE PKG.,SUGAR,TEA BAGS.T.P...THE MAID LIKED US SO KINDLY GAVE US MORE PILLOWS :) BED WAS COMFORTABLE.LINENS WERE NICE.T.V AND STERO WITH D.V.D ALSO. WINDOWS DON'T OPEN.YOU MUST SIGN OUT IRON/BOARD..HAS WASHER AND DRYERS TO USE FOR FEE (CHEAP) FREE ICE AND CHEAP SODA MACHINE.BUSES/TROLLEY/SIGHSEEING TRAMS/CABS/ETC. ALL JUST OUTSIDE, VERY EASY. IF USING PUBLIC TRANSPORATION BUY BUS PASS FOR THE WHOLE STAY MUCH MORE CHEAPER!!! THE DEAK CLERK PAUL WAS TOPS!! VERY QUITE THERE. DONT NIT PICK THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU WANT A FIVE STAR PLACE...THIS IS NICE ENOUGH FOR THE MONEY.CLOSE TO ALL THE ACTION AND BEACH TOO..IF I HAVE ANY COMPLAINT IT IS THE FOOD COST..WOW EVEN FAST FOOD IS 12.98 FOR MCDONALD'S MEALS..LOOK FOR THE COUPONS AND FIND HOLE IN THE WALLS..THE FOOD IS WONDERFUL AND PLENTIFUL AND THEY LOVE YOU CAME THERE AND NOT THE COMMERICAL REGUALRS..:) FOR SURE BUY THE OUHA PASS FOR ALL YOU EVENTS IT WILL GO EVERYWHERE YOU WANT AND MORE OF LESS THAN HALF YOU'D SPEND BUYING INDIVIDUALLY OR DIRECTLY..WE SAW 6 DAYS OF PACKED QUALITY GREAT STUFF FOR A MERE 256.00 EVEN HAD SOME GOOD STUFF LEFT ON CARD BUT POOPED OUT :)THE FRI FIREWORK SAIL IS A MUST..(ON THE CARD)..REMEMBER THE TIME CHANGES THERE, IT WILL MESS YOU UP..LOL..WAS CHEAP TRIP
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
GRAMMY CR
small and quiet. Older hotel but comfortable mostly,,,, the bed was way too soft
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
ginger
For the price it's a very modesty priced hotel ...staff is wonderful and one of the best Japanese restaurant right down stairs ...1 block off the beach very nice over all ..would go back
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Disappointing"
No water pressure in the simple shower, front desk staff was lazy and unhelpful. Changing the batteries to the remote was cumbersome for her.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Mieko
Close to beach and everything in Waikiki. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Decent hotel in the center of Waikiki"
The room is clean and has a queen size bed that you pull out of a wardrobe, but the matress is not great. Extra people can sleep on the sofa bed. The kitchen has almost everything you need to cook a meal. Wi-Fi available at extra cost.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Ale
"Budget hotel"
Bascially you get what you pay for. Nothing fancy, but the service is good.
5 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Diego
"Roach hotel"
Horrible office hours. Dirty, worn rooms. Club right below banged music til 2 am. Check in late (4pm), check out early (10am). Charged $15 for parking at a garage 2 blocks down. When we parked, saw that the garage actually was charging $10. $250 hold for incidentals. Bed was a bed that folded out of the wall and was very uncomfortable with no comforter.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Do not Stay!"
Upon check i. I was asked to place a $250 depisit down which was larfer than the cost of my stay !
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"I would stay here again!"
Staff was friendly. The location was great- not too far from the beach. I liked that were places to eat right outside the hotel: korean bbq, subway and a sandwich and smoothie place. There was a kitchen and fridge inside the hotel room. Free towel and umbrella and water toys. Cant beat the price for what you get!
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Katie
"Clean & close to everything in Waikiki."
the room was clean and comfortable. Being on Kuhio Ave it was close to everything.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
alexander
Friendly welcome upon check in. Was able to check in early as a room was available. But if not they do not have space to hold luggage... The room was a great value. Clean, although out of date. The Murphy bed was not very comfortable however. I would stay again for the value and the kitchen.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"untrusted business"
I couldn't check in . The desk closes at 10:00 p.m. I am still in the airplane. Failure on the booking agent to tell me the closing hours. My family slept in the car. I called you and you gave me another hotel at 5 times the rate. From $89.00 to $489.00 a night ! Is that how you run your business to make money. I trusted you and you stabbed me and my children in the back.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Wilbur
"was okay for economy with kichentte"
was good .... not too bad... but elevator was from stone age & smells like anything. .. room is not spacious as expected.. kitchen is right infront of bothroom .. tv & bed is on same side... in short room has everything but not user friendly... :)
4 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
"Inventory"
The only thing I didn't like was having to due an inventory on the dishes, cups, and forks etc.... That was kind of a pain because I had no use for the kitchenette that came with room. Other then that the front desk staff was great and for the price good deal.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Never stayed there. Hotel was closed at 10 PM with gated bars to prevent entry. Hotel would not send a clerk back for check-in.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Big $100 mistake"
First, arrived at the Kuhio Banyon Club at 10:45--only to find a large iron grate covering themain entrance. A security guard strolled by. I asked where's the hotel? He smitked, and said the hotel closes up at 10 PM. He could call them to check me in, but they will charge an extra $45 for that service. Hmmm--sounds like a racket. Called Hotels.com. They said there is nothing that can be done, and that I sould have checked the KHC website which would have detailed this information. Ha! Hotels.com sent a confirmation with no website, or added details about this hotel that they represent as part of their selections. $100 lesson in Honolulu: you get what you pay for.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"No Aloha"
Luckily, we only used this room as a base camp to spend our final day before taking the overnight flight back to the mainland, otherwise, I'd be very very displeased. In my humble opinion, a "hotel" (and I use the term lightly) of this poor quality doesn't belong in the Expedia inventory. I felt more like Section 8 housing than a hotel... run down and smelly elevator (Who puts carpet on the walls of an elevator in a tropical, humid environment?), very un-secure room doors (So easy to by-pass the locked main entrance, breezeway is exposed to the apartments behind, no deadlocks, very easy for someone to simply scale up from the outside and jimmy the door), shabby, smelly carpeting in unit. On the plus side, the bathroom was very clean (what we were really after, so we could spend the day on the beach and then shower before heading to the airport), the staff friendly and helpful, and they did offer beach towels, chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards. Another plus is that Marukame Udon is directly in front of the "hotel", and this is probably some of the best Japanese "fast food" you'll get in Waikiki: they make their udon fresh constantly through the day and the prices can't be beat! This unit wasn't cheap... there are many better deals if you hunt a bit more.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
NarsiscoLopez
"A nice little hotel"
With stunning views of an alley way and restaurant's HVAC system, Kuhio Banyan is not what you expect from Waikiki Beach. But that being said, it is three blocks from the beach. The area is nice. The price is much lower than the posh resorts, and the staff is super-nice and helpful. The rooms feature a nice little kitchenette which was great since I was travelling with my 4 y/o son. I liked the place enough to return a second time. Yes, it's a bit old. No, it's not a resort. But if you are on a budget and but need something clean and family-safe; you could do a lot worse than this place. I liked it and I will book there again if I return to Hawaii.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Patryk
"OK"
This hotel is OK. The murphy bed was new for us, but that's part of the adventure with traveling. We were first sent to a smoking room which was filthy, so we asked to be moved to a non-smoking room and it was much cleaner and better. But the AC can get annoyingly loud. Just don't expect anything super fancy. This is an apartment-hotel, studio type. What disappointed me was the club next to the place. Noise wasn't an issue but you'd find shady people lurking around the corners, drinking or drunk. Just not a safe feeling at night. But there's a security guard by the hotel at night who is nice.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice location but terrible house keeping."
Very nice location right in Waikiki. 2 blocks down to the beach , and the famouse udon is just right upfront. however, the service was terrible , nobody come to clean my rooms for three days until I talked to the reception about it. Room keeper didn't not change towels nor vacuum, and carpet was still full of sands. For about the same price go to the holiday inn that is just right next block. Save yourself hassle.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Kenji
"Worst hotel ever!"
Dropped off at a night club. When I had my 13 yr old and then i needed a code to get in. Was not given one. Had me wait 5 hrs to get assistance. The hotel manager wanted to charge me $45.00 so she can come out and give me code. I went and walked with my daughter at 2am in Honolulu and I found a hotel myself. Was very unhappy with this night club hotel. How can Epedia ever recommend it to anyone. That place is a college hang out with lots of drinking. Cops were called twice. Inside that hotel. And the security was rude and kicked us out and told us we had to wait outside. This place has no lobby it's a dump and a party house.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Worst hotel on kuhio avenue"
Called let them know that I was checking in late. Lady couldn't find my res for a while then told me to look for security when I got in and gave me a code. Got there and took me 15 min to find security. Put me in room right above play bar and had pounding music in my room all night couldn't sleep. Hotel front desk spke broken English improper for any hotel. Room was dirty and smelled like mothballs. Horrible stay
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
local resident
"Clean, spacious and convenient"
Clean, spacious, convenient and affordable. Quick overnighter this time but would book a longer stay because of the spacious, clean rooms and kitchenettes
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
DaBigBamboo
"Great room for the price"
This room was in the perfect location for me and my activities that I had planned. Parking is always a little tricky if you have a vehicle, but it is definitely do able. The room was very spacious and came with plenty of kitchen gear to create your own meals. There was plenty of towels, blankets, and necessities to make your stay very comfortable. The staff at Kuhio Banyan are also excellent and are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Budget price kitchenette."
Budget place to stay. Great if you want to cook your own meals and stay for a while in Waikiki without breaking the bank. Bring your own shampoo, soap and hairdryer. Be prepared that there is traffic noise and a bar downstairs that is noisy on some nights. The style is definitely "Old Hawaii" Furnishings and décor are not new or trendy. For the price, it is clean, comfortable and secure. Security guard at night and key only entry after office hours. Staff is very friendly and helpful with the exception of one front desk person.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"dont stay here"
Not a hotel. Its an apt building converted to hotel. Not worth time or money
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013