All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2310 Kuhio Avenue, Suite 140, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"the nightclub below likes loud music!"
good location. Noisy, oler hotel
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Hotel on a Budget."
If you want to go to Hawaii and you have limited funds, this place will work just fine. The Kitchenette is great for eating in. I always bring some easy dinner meals from home and make my own meals. This leaves me more to spend on gifts. It is an older hotel and furnished from the 70's, but you get what you pay for. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful in finding parking for you if you have rented a car. I got to use a parking space from one of the perminent tenants. He only charged me 10 bucks a day. That was another savings! Used that towards gas. If you are expecting 4 star quality, don't stay here. If you are wanting a place to rest your head in between seeing the island and you don't care about having ammenities, here you go!
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Close to beach"
Murphy bed was terrible. Room was clean but really run down. People were nice.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Good hotel for this money"
Very good staff, Very good locacion of 200 meturs from beach.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Muri
"hole in the wall"
This is not a hotel, it is a converted apartment complex with an entrance in a mini-strip mall type of building. It needs work, but the rate reflected this and it was affordable for being in Waikiki. After arriving on a late flight, I got to the building at 10:10pm, which was 10 minutes after closing time. No one was there and there wasn't a note on the door telling me to contact security. The phone number that was listed just rang and rang. I had to get a room at another hotel, which was not cheap and it took a couple hours before I was able to get to bed. Not a great first impression. Otherwise the staff was nice.
5 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
DD
"Look can be deceiving...."
The picture of the building looks inviting, but once you get in the room, it needs a lot of updating. TV is so small and outdated. 20 inch tv is so small. The bed was not as comfortable and it's called the Murphy bed, the kind that you pull down from the wall. If I only knew, I would not have stayed there. Carpet and furnitures needs updating and should be replaced. The shower header was too low and placed on the corner of the shower stall. The air conditioner was the old fashion kind that's still fitted to the window. The couches and cushions were smelly and dirty, they need to be replaced. After we checked in the room, there was a note stating that the water will be turned off at a certain time, that was inconvenienced. The window treatments were terrible and should be replaced. Windows needs to be double pane to keep the loud noises coming from the club or bars surrounding the area. Carpet throughout the whole area, the hallways and elevator needs to be replaced. It was filthy dirty. Not enough lighting around area when returning to the room at dark. This place could make big bucks if they could raise up the standards of the rooms.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
david
Very small and there was no parking could park at another hotel for $25 a night
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Mahea
nice bathroom
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"Great Experience!"
In all, I really enjoyed my stay. The room was a bit old and out-dated, and the bar downstairs was a little bothering. But, the service was fantastic, and for the price...you can't go wrong. The room was surprisingly very clean and I loved the little kitchen. My experience was a lot better than I expeted it to be.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Close to beach"
Very close to beach. Room was OK, queen size Murphy bed and two twin beds. Some staff members were very helpful, others, not so much. If you wanted a hot shower there was no water pressure.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Bad customer service, the room felt dirty."
I did not like how the lady at the counter desk gave me attitude, she was so disrespectful and rude. I would never go to that hotel ever and I surely don't recommend this hotel to anybody. I had to switch to 3 rooms. Back and forth! back and forth! It was the most irritating thing. Also the front desk lady did not tell me everything that I needed to know about the hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"I would never stay here again..."
My friends were coming the next day, so I decided to book a random cheap place where I can just sleep for one night. I am not exaggerating when I say that this was the worst Hotel experience in my life. The lady at the front desk was nice, but the building, the room and the location is dead awful. I had to kill a cockroach with a night stand in my room. The air conditioning is old and very loud. The shower looks like one you would find in a prison. There is no shampoo in the bathroom and the water trickles down from the shower head. Worst of all, there is a bar/club downstairs, and you hear the loud music well past midnight. I would not stay here for 20 dollars. Maybe if it was free but only for one night.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
LoveTravelling
"Just WOW!"
Television didn't work. Room smelled like mold! Bed was a Murphy bed...very uncomfortable. No shampoo or any standard amenities. Gross is the word that comes to mind when I think of this room. The front office staff was EXCELLENT! But great personalities only go so far.....
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
dave
"A basic place to stay"
A hotel similar to what one would find traveling about in out of the way places in Asia; if you are looking for a five star hotel, look elsewhere! A low cost, basic place to sleep (and cook if you wish); location accessible to all of Waikiki. Our experience was that the staff was very accommodating: we showed up before check-in time and the desk person found us a room; they were consistently helpful with information.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Cheap and shabby but clean"
The bare-bones room with a Murphy bed was clean but it looked like nothing had been changed since the 1950's.
3 night business trip Jul 30, 2013
"It is at the prime location, however..."
The hotel in general is old and ok, but there are three things need to bring up for future customers' attention: 1) the small wall air condition is so noisy when you turn it on. I have to put ear plugs to get to sleep. (still pretty loud) 2) the wall bed mattress is uncomfortable, it's uneven, and it makes noises when you writhe. 3) the maids only come on Tuesdays and Fridays to make it full clean up. ( I stayed from Wed. till next Tue., so I only get ONE TIME clean up. I did not realize until I asked the staffs for more towels.)
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
B.B.
"Close to bua stop"
it was okay ezcept it gets really loud at night because of the club
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Budget accommodations in Waikiki"
Stayed two nights. On arrival my plane was delayed, so I got to the hotel after 9pm. I was charged $45 cash because the agent had finished work for the night! Hotel staff were less than helpful, to say the least. Not demonstrating the "Aloha Spirit" on my first impression of Hawaii. Hotel is centrally located, easy access to Waikiki Beaches and other attractions. The price is right.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Cathy
"Kuhio Banyon"
All rooms are Studios with a pull-down Queen sized Murphy bed and kitchenette with a small refridgerator, micro-wave oven, coffee-maker, utensils, dishes and a breakfast table. Two living room sofas also convert to two single beds. Clean. Window air conditioned kept it cool. Variable speed overhead fan with overhead light. Adequate closet space for two people.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good place if not going to be in the room much"
The hotel is conveniently located close to the beach and shopping in Waikiki. There is not much to the room, but it is convenient and not too expensive if you're going to take advantage of the things there are to do in Hawaii and not spend too much time in the hotel. The bed is not very comfortable. They did not replenish the coffee packet. We only got the one and we were there 17 days. The staff was friendly.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"A Fair Treat"
The Front Desk Ladies were very helpful in making quick decisions to allow changes made without any hassle or any additional charges. I was very happy and satisfied .
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Amla
"I'd stay again"
Not super friendly staff but who cares. Cheap room, 2 blocks from beach, full kitchen so we saved even more money eating in. Win win.
6 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
Leah
"Close to the each but....."
hotel was close to the wikiki nightlife but that allow for allot of outside noise the rooms were actually pretty clean for the price. Unfortunatley the room smelled like an ashtray
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Good value for the money"
The Kuhio Banyan is an older, walk-up building on the mauka (mountain) side of Waikiki. Rooms are small studios with Murphy beds -- nothing fancy, but the place is clean and well cared for. If you plan on spending your time at the beach and doing other outdoor activities and need a safe, clean place to sleep, Kuhio Banyan provides great value for the money. In addition, the staff were friendly and helpful and beach gear (chairs, boogie boards, coolers, beach towels) are available for day use at no charge to guests.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"not the way i pictured it."
hotel location is too rowdy. drunk people from the club downstairs was scary.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Marilou
"Older but close to everything."
The room is very inexpensive. The room is old but it was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great. It is in a small plaza with a couple restaurants and stores. It is a 5 minute walk from Waikiki Beach. It is near the center of the strip where all the shopping restaurants are. I don't recommend it for a romantic getaway but for the price, the location can't be beat. We were staying 1 night so my wife said "Get something cheap and we will spend the savings on dinner." (I later found out that she didn't mean CHEAP, just kinda cheap.) Either way, if you are a budget minded traveler or don't plan on spending much time at the hotel, I absolutely recommend Kuhio Banyan. The rooms/furniture are very old but they have a small kitchenette. They have murphy beds so be aware. For the money you pay, this is a good value.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"don't waste your time"
This is not a hotel you want to stay at.
4 night trip May 27, 2013
"pleasant experience"
It was a pleasant experience overall. The Murphy bed gave more room but was quite hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. The kitchenette was well stocked with the essentials. It had a window airconditioner but was quite efficient. Daily maid service was excellent if you remember to put that little tag on the right way. If you have a rental car there is no parking unless a permanent resident has a space available to rent for $15 per day and they rent by the week not by the day. Public garage parking is just one street over and $25 per day for a hotel guest anywhere. All in all, I would stay there again. I had made reservations at the last minute coming from Korea and the value was good for Waikiki. The bus stops right in front of the Banyan.
6 night trip May 21, 2013
Joyce
this place is as others have said. Very old and outdated. Staff has been very nice. Inexcusable for owner to not have installed new flooring in last 30 years.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2013
Keith
"Excellent location, a lot of eating spots around"
Excellent location, a lot of eating spots around, bus stop near front door, no need to rent car (parking 35$/night and more, no weekly). Beach 2 blocks. Hotel pretty clean, kitchen with some pans, dishes, good size bed and additional sleeping place at sofa (take the sheets for sofa), a lot of towels, mirrors, small TV. East wing connected with night club-try west wing, but air conditioner shields the noise anywhere. Bus 19 to airport �45-50min, 2.5$.No staff after 10pm and front desk as a hotel door should be locked.
Other trip May 4, 2013
Maria
"Nice location!"
Nice location and the room not too bad.. you can't expect much for this price.. no wifi
Other trip May 2, 2013
Boss
"good enough for me"
This is a decent 2 star hotel in the heart of Waikiki. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again. It is one of the cheaper places to stay but has a kitchenette and is right where i wanted to be. There are no special amenities there so it is not for everyone but it was good enough for me.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
Kalohe Boy
"Poor hotel room with strong smell"
It was aweful. I have never stayed such massy room before. The sheet in the room was dirty. You can easily listened to what your neighbour was doing. If you stay in this hotel, you won't miss everything worst in your life.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Kuhio Bay Club
"bad odor"
HORRIBLE SMELL WHILE RIDING ON THE ELEVATOR, CARPET OR RUG ON THE ELEVATOR WALLS HAVE AN AWFUL ODOR. Not expensive to clean. Room had a bad smell I had to ask for deoderisor to elimanate the smell temporary, The staff was friendly. the hotel sorrounding was very noisy from 1 through 4 o'clock in the morning.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Good for couples that want to have a good tim"
Did not like that window could not be opened. Location was excellent close to all activities.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
Angie
"Great Value For The Price!"
This hotel was a great value for me and far exceeded my expectations. I was expecting much less from the hotel and room based on the low price. I was surprised that the staff was quite friendly and professional. Check-in and out was a breeze. The room was very clean and quiet (requested quiet room). The kitchen was well equipped for cooking and everything worked....yes everything. TV, AC, shower, microwave, coffeemaker, ceiling fan, plumbing. No problems with room at all. This seemed to be a place for older travelers and those interested in cooking in their rooms to save money. It is not a new property and the furniture in the rooms shows the age. It was clean, quiet and well maintained for an older property. I think it is a well kept secret for buget minded travelers. I have paid more and gotten less for my money at other similar priced hotels in Waikiki. My one week stay was in Feb when the weather was cooler. The bar nearby was not very busy even on the weekends. During the summer, the small AC may not cool this room with the large windows as well. Windows do not open and there is no cross vetilation. Also, I think the bar downstairs in the courtyard would be much busier during warmer weather. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner...it is not provided.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
Jay
"Can't Beat the Price!"
I needed to find an inexpensive hotel for a short business trip to Honolulu and this served my needs well. No frills for sure but so convenient to everything. I took the city bus to the convention center every morning and it was always there when I needed it and only costs 2.50 per ride. I generally walked back and it was nice to see all of the stores so close by. I considered it safe although it looked a little sketchy, but I felt completely fine there. There was a great breakfast place too that was very close ($5.00 breakfast!). The staff does everything by hand....no real computers there, but the staff were all really nice. There is no internet. I took a shuttle ride there from the airport and it cost 11.00 per ride. If you are looking to save money, I would recommend this place again. I stayed at another nicer hotel later the next week at the end and it was three times more expensive and I rated this place higher.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
Peggy
I didn't like parking a block away....and seeing the next hotel with their personal things out on the balcony....hotels need to update on the paint....
Business trip Feb 11, 2013
lisa C

"Excellent value"
This hotel is a bit bland on the outside but the room I had was very attractive. The kitchenette is extremely well equipped with everything you would need except for an oven (who bakes cakes when on holiday?). The bed was so comfortable (a Murphy bed) and everything was perfectly clean.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
betsey
"Complete joke, def do NOT recommend!"
Never been so livid in my life! Before you book this place, be warned (because the hotel website has a well-hidden, sneaky clause way down in the website where you would never think to look, even after reviewing it having been left homeless on your first nights pre-booked accommodation) that the reception closes at 10pm...the website does NOT make this clear, nor does it make it clear that this means that if you arrive after 10pm on your first night, there is NOBODY who can check you in, and tough luck, you will just have to wander the streets of Waikiki until you find another hotel with an available room with a last-minute rip-off price, on top of loosing the money you paid for your room at Kuhio Banyan Club. Oh, and in the morning, when you arrive to check in on your second day, the reception staff will have absolutely no sympathy, but will be very quick to point out the part of the website that has this hidden clause - suspiciously like this has happened many times before, but nothing has been done to fix it - and why would they - paid room for the night with no need to clean it the next morning because we didn't stay!
7 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
"Convenient and close to Waikiki Beach"
We arrived in the evening half an hour before reception closed, but reception staff were not particularly helpful or obliging. This was not very welcoming to a new guest and was very disappointing. However the room was OK and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Convenient location for Waikiki Beach."
We had a pleasant stay within walking distance of the things we wanted to do. It was comfortable but rather basic accommodation.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"cheap and cheerful"
Good location but noisy at night
5 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Good central hotel."
For the price, it's a good central hotel.
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Karren Jane
"It's alright."
Too good to be true. We were not at all expecting the 250 deposit on check-in, which we're still waiting to get back. The Murphy bed was extremely uncomfortable, and just overall it needs a full renovation. I'd come back if that was done, but until then I can't recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Makr
"Tropical paradise???"
One needs to distinguish between two factors: the quality of the staff (excellent) and the quality of the facility (disappointing). Under these circumstances, the staff is doing an excellent effort to cover for the difficiencies of the place. I will concentrate of the latter. The place is quite run down in bad need of renovation (there is, apparently one going on now - we have even seen a guy knocking down shades in some rooms with a small sized hammer - took him a day to do it). The hotel rooms do not have balconies (at least, ours did not). The windows are sealed and cannot be opened; well, it is a mixed bag because the street is noisy and there is a noisy club working till 3 am on the ground floor of the hotel so open windows would be unbearable. The noise is well screened by the noisy AC and fan.The room is small and the main bed folds out of the wall unit. We appreciated the kitchen corner with fridge, stove (circa 1950-ties), microwave, coffee maker and dishes just enough for 2 people. Just try to figure all this out from the description and the photos provided in your website. Good luck. If you don't spend a lot f time in the room, then it is quite sufficient. The location, just opposite the defunct now International Market Place is excellent. Let us stress that for approximate the same price we were able to get in the last several years the flight and the accommodation in Acqua Waikiki Wave, Ohana Waikiki West or Ashton Waikiki Banyan, each far superior to K BanyanC
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Alina & Zbyszek
"Location...location...location"
Nothing spectacular. Just say to yourself, "Location, location, location"
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Cross nex to discoteque!!!"
Cant sleep til 5am. Extremly loud discoteque cross street:(
"Febreze not up to the task"
Arrived after 10pm on a Saturday night, noisy celebrating going on in adjacent bar. Had previously informed the office (closed after 10 pm), and the security officer on duty showed me to the safe to retrieve my room key with the code I'd been given over the phone. The room was clean, but my stay spoiled by the inescapable smell of cigarette smoke from days gone by. Unlike many hotels I've stayed in Hawaii, there were no toiletries in the bathroom.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Mary W
NZ
The rooms were alright , the location was good, friendly staff. Just a O.K. sort of place.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014