All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here21103 Encino Commons Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78259, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice stay"
The front desk was so impressive. Very nice! It rained a ton the last night we stayed and we were able to borrow some board games from the hotel. It was really fun. The area around the hotel is very nice. We will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Stefani
"comfortable stay"
Very comfortable lodging, nice breakfast selection, easy use of the laundry facilities, and close to the places I wanted to eat at and visit.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Catalino
"Clean, quiet room at a decent price."
The folks at the front desk were very nice, professional and helpful each time I went there. The room was also very clean.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Michael S
"Nice hotel and most importantly clean"
Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. Would definitely come back to stay.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
MJS
"Candelwood Greatness"
Room was fantastic - Bed was very comfortable and the layout of the room was perfect.We will stay there next year on the same dates.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Kyle
"Newer Hotel, very clean throughout."
This was a very new and clean hotel. Kinda out of the way, traffic in and out was very congested. I did not know when I booked that the hotel is an extended stay. We were only there for two nights and our bed was not cleaned or made. We had to take our towels downstairs if we wanted fresh towels. I paid rack room rates for the two nights, I was expecting service for those two nights. Other than that, nice hotel.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Mitch
"Super nice"
Felt like I was a nice apartment. A place where I would go every time. This is a cozy place and very friendly staff. I will always recommend this place
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
love comfort
"Nice people. Nice hotel."
Great little place to stay when you don't want to drive home after partying at the local bars. Comfy bed. Snack store open 24/7.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
M
"To bad used good"
The bathroom floor was dirty. The reclining chair was broken. The overall condition of the hotel seems to have gone downhill since our last stay. It appears that they're cutting corners and cleanliness.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Clean, quiet, efficient, convenient kichenette"
Very enjoyable experience. Clean, quiet, convenient location.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"A good place to get a good nights sleep."
Night clerk was very nice. He was very helpful and polite.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Stan
The only faults in this impeccable, modern, no frills hotel was that there was no one at the desk when we tried to check out (and another couple had tried to find someone for 15 minutes), and that the hotel main floor and elevator smell like strawberry candles. Otherwise, great bedding, great baths, windows that open, great kitchenette.
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Dear Verified Traveler, Thank you for your feedback about the Candlewood Suites Stone Oak Hotel. We appreciate your comments and have addressed the issue with my staff. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home. If you are in the San Antonio are again, we would love for you to stay with us. Thank you, Alexandria Andrea General Manager
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
I have spend just one night but wish to stay longer
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Miguel, Thank you so much for your 5 star review on our hotel! We love knowing our guest are satisfied with all our hotel has to offer! We hope to see you in your future travels! Hotel Management
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Miguel
"It was just really nice......"
Everything was the best from the front desk to the AC blowing ice cubes when we entered the room! The entire Hotel smelled and looked sooooo fresh! Don't wait book now!
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Terrance, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a wonderful review on our hotel! Our staff strives to provide the best service and we are glad you were completely satisfied with your stay here! We hope to see you again soon in your future travels! Hotel Management
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Terrance
It's a new Hotel but very generic and not worth the money. My Frig. Had old food in it. I will never stay here again!!!
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Chris, Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable and we are sincerely sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Hotel Management
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Able to accommodate us when A/C out at our house. Had to stay an extra note and needed a room with 2 beds. Able to provide it and moved in a new room right away with no problems. Front staff very helpful. Hotel was very close to our house. Price was reasonable for the nice room we had.
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
MAW, We are so glad to see a 5 star review from our valued guest! We strive to provide the best service and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Making sure our guest are happy is our number one priority! We hope to see you again! Hotel Management
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
MAW
"Comedy of Errors"
We were given an occupied room, then another that wouldn't open. After 3 trips back to the front desk we were told to wait in the hall until maintenance arrived.... Very bad experience.
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Jim, Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We are sincerely sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Hotel Management
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Ok hotel"
The room was good and bed was comfortable but the entry and hallways smelled like urine
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Killion, Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry to hear about this and we hope you give us a chance to show you how wonderful our hotel is once again. Hotel Management
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Killion
I loved the mini kitchen. The location was great.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
"Weekend Get Away"
The hotel was very comfortable and easy to find. I recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to feel at home while away from home.
Excellent. room quality and service was good. Swimming pool and other accessories are good.
Raja
The AC never worked, although we were only there to sleep. It was not a very comfortable night. We let the staff know about the issue, they had to call the maintenance personnel who was not there. He gave them instructions which did not work. The front desk personnel assured me they would call back and they never did. We had to leave the hotel and came back just to sleep. The next morning they told me they were waiting on me to call them back. Which I think they should have called to make sure that the problem was solved
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Dear Candlewood guest, I would like to first thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. As per your comments I see that you experienced some issues during your stay. Your comments and concerns are taken very serious and we will use them to improve on those areas. I apologize for the inconvenience.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Jesse
"Grave Disappointment"
My family always looks for Candlewood hotels when we travel so picking this hotel was second nature. Unfortunately, this facility did not live up to the Candlewood reputation. We seem to have disappointments from check-in to checkout. It was an extended stay hotel, but it wasn't listed as such in Expedia. No breakfast, lounge, or even a decent seating area. The place was under mass construction, very noisy and many strange looking workers lurking around. The were replacing floors, matresses and painting, all during our short stay. The pool area as a mess, filthy. The hot tub rarely worked and the fitness equipment was raggedy and possibly a safety hazard. We never received housekeeping services and the front desk personnel seemed confused. The elevator was slow and scary and the room seemed a bit dated. The AC didn't work properly and the windows had no screens. Very bad experience. I will not stay at another candlewood!!!!!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
barry
"I love this hotel everything was near buy a walmar"
My experience at this hotel was great. There was a Walmart near buy and heb it sits right on a hill which gives you a great outdoor view
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Just as expected."
We were pleasantly greeted and pleasanly checked out. This one was a little odd to get to, but not difficult. We've stayed at Candlewood before and were aware that they do no housekeep unless you ask. Extra towels and pillows are always available at the front desk, but rarely needed. A+ again guys. Thanks!
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Dear Jolo, We would like to thank you for posting a review about our hotel as your comments are very important to us. It is very awarding to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that your needs were well met. We hope to see you back soon.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Jolo
"SAN ANTONIO TRIP"
THE KITCHEN WAS NICE. IT HAD A NICE HOT TUB AND POOL.IT WASN'T TO BAD TO DRIVE DOWNTOWN. ABOUT 15MIN ON US 281
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Overall great for the price"
free movie/book/cd checkout, location close to many stores/restaurants, staff was a little awkward but overall the hotel was great for the price
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"San Antonio stay"
We liked the hotel and location as it pertained to where our event was to be held. Clean room, comfortable bed. The hotel is located up on a cliff so we were able to see it but we had a little difficulty finding the correct road up to it as it was 11pm. Check-in was easy but when I booked on this website I booked a room with 2 beds and the confirmation e-mail indicated so, but at check-in the room only had 1 queen bed and reception said that is what was booked and the hotel was full. She indicated that sometimes that happens when using a 3-party booking site. Luckily my husband and I were okay with that, it's the fact that we snore and would have liked a little distance between the two of us! But our receptionist said she had something for that and gave us 2 pairs of new and sealed foam ear buds. I would stay again, but I would check with the hotel for confirmation of room amenities.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Lynn
"Smelly"
The rooms smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The beds were horribly uncomfortable.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
jackie
"A sure come back"
Great staff the room was clean everything we needed was there restroom also very good shape and you get that new smell of hotel nice lobby area a little bit far from downtown but from my driving experience just minutes away definitely a come back destination
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Juan
"Memorial Day Stay"
Overall not a bad stay. Only complaint was that during my 3 day stay, housekeeping never came to my room. Always had to go to the front desk for towels exchange. But had a great time, worth the money. Clean pool, hotel clean and fitness room was nice. Will stay again..
3 night trip May 23, 2014
Doobie
"Great place but lacks staff..."
The place is really neat, clean and has many perks that most economical hotels don't. They have a big refrigerator (not the box) and there is a separate sink that serves as a kitchenette. The beds are a good size for 2 people, clean and well put. However we arrived at 12 MN and there was no one at the desk. We are tired from a long drive and had to wait for thirty minutes to get staff to the front desk. We called and the phone kept ringing hoping that the noise would send staff to check us in. Nothing. I hope they can improve on this by having at least some form of communication that staff will be back in 15 mins. or call this tel # or anything to keep the guests from wondering where the staff are.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Flame
"Overall good"
Good location to SA. Clean rooms. Room was good for the weekend.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"Nice stay during our move"
I stayed here 2 nights (1 night with hubby) and then booked another room for my son for a night. We moved to San Antonio from Oklahoma and needed a place to stay before taking ownership of home. Very comfortable room and nice amenities (nice kitchen area with everything you need). Close to a lot of things and quiet area.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
Sonja
"Nice hotel but..."
Nice hotel but...nearby nightclub made for a loud disturbance at closing time. People yelling (screaming matches), burning rubber, and speeding in parking lot. Secondly, tv remote was no where to be found! Reported to staff so I wouldn't be held responsible. Also found a dirty hair comb on recliner. But other than those inconveniences we enjoyed the hotel. I would definitely give it a second chance.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Is as advertised no frills but nice and clean."
Very friendly staff. need a bench or two out front no place to sit
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Elmer
"Customer Service"
Tavin is a star! He guided us in when my GPS wasn't working and found us a better accessible suite than we had reserved. He is kind, caring, and VERY helpful and the kind of person you'd want working for your company.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Decent hotel in range to sights"
They double charged me at the hotel. Hotels dot com charged me and then hotel charged me. This was easily fixed as they refunded when I called, but it seems like it should have been an easy problem to avoid. The hotel is like 15 miles from the Alamo. Straight shot down 281, but kind of pricy for a place 20 minutes from downtown. The hot tub was turned off during the visit, which was one of the reasons why I booked. The elevator is SLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWW. Other than that, really nice hotel and nice room. Bed was extremely comfortable.
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Traveling Ted
Staff was friendly and right on top of any problem I was having, ready to help and give me a solution. Rooms were very clean, very minor cosmetic things, if you were looking for them. Really liked the young lady they put in place to manage. She was personable, helpful, professional and the staff follows her lead. Good job!
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Lou
"Bed was horrible-very uncomfortable"
We loved the room, but the only problem was that the bed was very uncomfortable.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Cecil Champenois
The Hotel was fine, very nice staff, however - Hotels.com charged me !140.11 and the Hotel gave me a receipt for $109.00. Is this the way Hotels.com does business?
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
D Thomas
"Don't Stay in a New Hotel"
This reminds me why it is not a good idea to stay in a new hotel. They haven't gotten all the little problems fixed. The air conditioner/heater in the room didn't work, the tv remote didn't work, and the bathroom vent didn't work. They had a single person on maintenance staff. The first time we called, he was out getting food for the desk staff. We gave up after waiting an hour and went to bed.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Jack
"Convenient to business meeting"
The facility offered a convenient and relatively inexpensive alternative to the resort hotel where a business meeting was being held. I was only interested in a clean, quiet "room with a roof" for a couple of days. The Candlewood met my needs quite well.
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2014
Wayne
It was close to family and easy to get in and out of. Staff was very friendly. Since it is an extended stay facility, they do not have daily housekeeping but you can always get clean linens, etc. from the desk. We only stayed 2 nights so it wasn't a problem for us.
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Anne
Overall I would say good to very good. I would stay at this hotel again if the price was right.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Closest hotel to Hwy 46."
I expected a continental breakfast like other Candlelight Suites. Did not expect an extended stay suite. Queen bed had a cheap mattress with a piece of foam on top. We would sink to the middle of the mattress. Also, had to place luggage on floor so we could use the two chairs to sit on. Bathroom had no vent and no place to put our personal belongings.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Janice
Great hotel overall no problem at all.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
average
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Nick
"Poor Beddnig"
Hotel is nice , but bedding is poor , poor , quality , 2 nights stay and needed a back adjustment, staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013