All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
21103 Encino Commons Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78259, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Great pool
  • Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
"Great place but lacks staff..."
The place is really neat, clean and has many perks that most economical hotels don't. They have a big refrigerator (not the box) and there is a separate sink that serves as a kitchenette. The beds are a good size for 2 people, clean and well put. However we arrived at 12 MN and there was no one at the desk. We are tired from a long drive and had to wait for thirty minutes to get staff to the front desk. We called and the phone kept ringing hoping that the noise would send staff to check us in. Nothing. I hope they can improve on this by having at least some form of communication that staff will be back in 15 mins. or call this tel # or anything to keep the guests from wondering where the staff are.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Flame
"Overall good"
Good location to SA. Clean rooms. Room was good for the weekend.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"Nice stay during our move"
I stayed here 2 nights (1 night with hubby) and then booked another room for my son for a night. We moved to San Antonio from Oklahoma and needed a place to stay before taking ownership of home. Very comfortable room and nice amenities (nice kitchen area with everything you need). Close to a lot of things and quiet area.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
Sonja
"Nice hotel but..."
Nice hotel but...nearby nightclub made for a loud disturbance at closing time. People yelling (screaming matches), burning rubber, and speeding in parking lot. Secondly, tv remote was no where to be found! Reported to staff so I wouldn't be held responsible. Also found a dirty hair comb on recliner. But other than those inconveniences we enjoyed the hotel. I would definitely give it a second chance.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Is as advertised no frills but nice and clean."
Very friendly staff. need a bench or two out front no place to sit
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Elmer
"Customer Service"
Tavin is a star! He guided us in when my GPS wasn't working and found us a better accessible suite than we had reserved. He is kind, caring, and VERY helpful and the kind of person you'd want working for your company.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Decent hotel in range to sights"
They double charged me at the hotel. Hotels dot com charged me and then hotel charged me. This was easily fixed as they refunded when I called, but it seems like it should have been an easy problem to avoid. The hotel is like 15 miles from the Alamo. Straight shot down 281, but kind of pricy for a place 20 minutes from downtown. The hot tub was turned off during the visit, which was one of the reasons why I booked. The elevator is SLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWW. Other than that, really nice hotel and nice room. Bed was extremely comfortable.
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Traveling Ted
Staff was friendly and right on top of any problem I was having, ready to help and give me a solution. Rooms were very clean, very minor cosmetic things, if you were looking for them. Really liked the young lady they put in place to manage. She was personable, helpful, professional and the staff follows her lead. Good job!
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Lou
"Bed was horrible-very uncomfortable"
We loved the room, but the only problem was that the bed was very uncomfortable.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Cecil Champenois
The Hotel was fine, very nice staff, however - Hotels.com charged me !140.11 and the Hotel gave me a receipt for $109.00. Is this the way Hotels.com does business?
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
D Thomas
"Don't Stay in a New Hotel"
This reminds me why it is not a good idea to stay in a new hotel. They haven't gotten all the little problems fixed. The air conditioner/heater in the room didn't work, the tv remote didn't work, and the bathroom vent didn't work. They had a single person on maintenance staff. The first time we called, he was out getting food for the desk staff. We gave up after waiting an hour and went to bed.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Jack
"Convenient to business meeting"
The facility offered a convenient and relatively inexpensive alternative to the resort hotel where a business meeting was being held. I was only interested in a clean, quiet "room with a roof" for a couple of days. The Candlewood met my needs quite well.
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2014
Wayne
It was close to family and easy to get in and out of. Staff was very friendly. Since it is an extended stay facility, they do not have daily housekeeping but you can always get clean linens, etc. from the desk. We only stayed 2 nights so it wasn't a problem for us.
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Anne
Overall I would say good to very good. I would stay at this hotel again if the price was right.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Closest hotel to Hwy 46."
I expected a continental breakfast like other Candlelight Suites. Did not expect an extended stay suite. Queen bed had a cheap mattress with a piece of foam on top. We would sink to the middle of the mattress. Also, had to place luggage on floor so we could use the two chairs to sit on. Bathroom had no vent and no place to put our personal belongings.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Janice
Great hotel overall no problem at all.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
average
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Nick
"Poor Beddnig"
Hotel is nice , but bedding is poor , poor , quality , 2 nights stay and needed a back adjustment, staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
"Nice people, bring your own supplies."
The staff was very nice and accomodating. I did have to them to take out the trash that was left when we checked in, no extra tp, no coffee and you have to exchange towels at front to get more. But staff was very quick to respond. Some of the lights in our room did not work either.
4 night trip Sep 29, 2013
"Not fancy, but good for a few days"
Surprised they do not offer king size beds in any rooms. I am 6'4" and 220 lbs. I much prefer a king size bed. It was nice to have the refrigerator, cooktop and microwave. The desk was handy and free Wi-fi was appreciated. Good overall value for the dollar.
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
Jimbo
"One-night visit"
Just stayed one night, very restful, pleasant. The check-in clerk was very friendly & helpful. The bed was comfortable.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Debbie
"It was well worth the price"
My only complaint would be that the hot tub needs maintenance in my opinion. By the way no continental breakfast.
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Stephen
Overall, great place to stay for the cost. Staff was friendly and very close to anything you need.
4 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"nice"
Very pleasant and located around a large variety of dining and shopping places
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
robbin
"Great hotel!"
My family & I stayed for the weekend. It was great. Friendly staff & comfortable room! Would definitely go back.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
My son and I are were very satisfied with your hotel. The local area was nice and the local attractions (restaurants) were good.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"ugh. I guess i expected too much....."
I stay in hotels several times a week, I know what I expect and how to handle issues as I travel so frequently. The rooms were in need of updates- I detest the old floral bed spreads that are prevalent in low end hotels. I couldn't find the TV remote, after searching high and low I called the front desk. I asked where they normally place it "in front of the tv", well it obviously wasn't there. Then she told me she would see if they had another one, fully expecting a knock at the door with a remote in hand I had to settle for a sorry we don't have any remotes phone call. YOURE KIDDING RIGHT? When I started to complain- obviously awe struck at the fact that they didn't have a remote in the whole place(or she was to lazy to get one for me), she told me she would have maintaince bring me one in the morning- for a 1 night stay. I was so disgusted with the way she treated me and did nothing to help I actually left that hotel that evening and checked in at another one.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
Alyssa E.
This is the second time we have stayed at the Candlewood Suites. The hotel has deteriorated since January, 2013. The services have also deteriorated.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Business trip"
Great location very safe and secure if traveling alone,
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
sandrat
"Very short, had only one night to stay in SA."
As above, had only one night to stay in SA.......so chose Candlewood, as it was near where we had to go. Too short to leave many remarks about, just that we had one desk staff, Tiffany, that was excellent!
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"Excellant"
Easy access & Great location. Staff extremely polite, friendly & Proffessional. Easy access to shopping and eating. Quiet and Oh So comfortable.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Kathrine
"Excellent stay."
Clean, comfortable and a great value. Staff was awesome. Thanks.
Business trip Apr 14, 2013
"Close to sites, good in and out route."
Everything about the hotel and service was great. Only sour note I have is, hotel was going threw a cable provider problem, so a lot of channels not available for use. Example: going there to attend golf event, no golf channel. Anyway good service, clean quite stay, and good coffee. Thanks Ron
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Ron
Reasonable rate. Great room. Free wifi. Friendly staff.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2013
Anne

"Very nice"
It was a very nice stay. Hotel looked new and was ready for service. Personal was polite and helpful. I would have no problems staying here again.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
"Very Pleasant Stay"
Very Pleasant Stay. I will stay there again for sure. Nice and friendly Front desk Lady called Gina was exteremely pleasant. The room was very clean and functional.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
Orisunmbola
"Very nice for the price"
Loved the full kitchen
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Could have been better"
This hotel had good potential but no hot water and the hot tube cold while the pool was warm. Staff was helpful and friendly
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
"stay at candlewood for conference at JW mariotte"
excellent overall, value for money, inhouse kitchenette is superb, location and lack of nearby shopping facilities is a hindrance for thos e who dont have a car as taxis are expensive.
Other trip May 12, 2013
ashish
IN

"Cerca de Six Flags Fiesta Texas"
Muy bien en general tiene buenos comercios y restaurantes cerca
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Hotel cómodo"
Les un hotel muy cómodo
Response by Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Querido huesped, Primeramente nos gutaria agradeserle por tomarse el tiempo para dejar un comentario acerca de nuestro hotel. Es un placer saber que su visita a nuestro hotel le fue agradable. Esperamos verlo en el futuro
12 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"buen hotel"
Fue una gran estancia, con habitaciones muy cómodas y rodeado de centros comerciales y restaurantes para disfrutar. excellent.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013