All hotels in Mumbai, India
M/s Metro Hospitality Pvt Ltd, 101, Near Powai Police Station, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400072, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.8
    2.8
    2.5
    2.3
"Do NOT stay at this hotel"
This hotel was recommended to stay at because it was near IIT. DO NOT stay at this hotel. I'm not sure why it has 3 out 5 stars. First, the rooms are terrible, really dirty, beds are uncomfortable, the door looks like someone tried to break in, plug in didn't work, lights were out. More importantly there was NO HOT WATER. We let it run for 30 minutes and still got none. The air conditioning didn't work. When we asked for a rollaway (which I had arranged in advance and it was not set up), they brought a 2 inch foam mat and laid it on the ground! The hotel staff wasn't very friendly. I actually only stayed in this hotel 1 night and had to move because I just felt unsafe and with no hot water it just wasn't working. It was kind of a pain to get out of because I had booked through Expedia (who was very nice) but the hotel was annoyed.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Good price to location, with friendly staff"
Being from out of country, location, cleanliness for the right price is important. Although it is a bit tricky to spot the hotel, location is good. Another tricky aspect is the entrance, wish the management give a better description of accessing the hotel and definitely how to enter. There is no sign anywhere saying the hotel location. 5 minutes to walking towards powai lake. Room is adequate, although everything is not what it looks like in the photos. Hot water...not available if you wake up by 5am. Staff is excellent, despite having to call a couple of times for the missing towels in the room. Breakfast is very good. Did appreciate the staff holding my bags in storage for my late evening departure. Will be helpful to provide some cups or glasses in the room. Will definitely go back.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
K

"Not recommended for a vacations"
i would not recommend this hotel for a vacation, but that is gor no specific reason. Rooms are nice and clean. Hot water which was told us would be provided in mong. And evening only was available 24 hrs. Hotel restaurant is not uptothe mark ( very bad ) plz don't eat their. I stayed their for 3 nites and was comfortable. Hotel staff was good and very helpful. I was outmostly for hole day and would find my room all clean after work which was good. This hotel will be good for a business trip.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Darshit Patel
"Poor Hotel"
Poor. This hotel they say room service 24/7 but you dont get anything after 11pm including water to drink.They buy from local shops and once they close after 11pm you dont get anything.
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
IN
"Average service, easy to reach location"
The hotel is in a good location in Mumbai, very easily reachable, though the neighborhood is not that great. Hotel staff is ok. Breakfast is not very great.
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
IN
"Nothing is close to this hotel. Not worth."
In bathroom there was no washbasin but a steel sink. Very dirty place and very bad food. Staff are very rude to even senior citizens. It's rating is wrong it should be -5 out of 5. Will never visit again to this hotel again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
yashvir
"Nice place and good location"
A good hotel with courteous staff. Conveniently located next to IIT. Great views from the 8th floor. feel on top of the world. Best hotel in its class, value for money!
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Vijay
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
aneesh

TripAdvisor reviews for The Caliph

"Extremely Insensitive Hotel"
06/03/15 0esc Bangalore
I traveled with my daughter and stayed at Caliph due to proximity to the residential area of Hiranandani. The day we checked in, we shared our IDs, relationship details. However, every time we used to go out of the hotel and return, we were stopped by the impolite staff, who would ask who we are and which room we are going. This is a small hotel where the number of guests are few. I have never come across any hotel a guest will be humiliated in the manner. It was also embarrassing for my daughter. The room were unclean and smelled bad. We paid the charges for 4 days in advance hence we had no choice to continue our stay. I will not go back to this hotel ever nor would I recommend any family to stay here. The hotel staff need training on hospitality and professional behaviour.
"Dingy!"
06/03/15 Sacagawea79 New Delhi, India
I am never going back here again!! The only advantage is that the hotel is very close to IIT-B....however, the services provided leave much to be desired! So, the room refused to open with my key card for the entire time I was there!! I had to take a member of the hotel staff with a master key each time I went up to my room!!! The place is a bit dingy and it is ridiculously over-priced for the quality of the room!!!
"Never again"
05/12/15 FrequentFlyer0909 New Delhi, India
Unfortunately,this happens to be my second stay here. I hate that i forgot it is the same hotel where i had a bad experience last time. Check in: very poor- feels like a low class hotel checkin (why did i not decide running away then itself). Room: not ready. Checked in after day's work only to a wet floored room with stained bedcover. - asked change and floor mobbing. Rest of the stay: AC is bipolar. 18 deg or 27 deg. Bathroom: i brushed in the room- couldnt stand there to brush. Food: lots of variety to choose from for dinner- taste wise :| Breakfast: BAD. asked for tea and water and toast. Kept waiting. Left for work with utapa and chutney. AC: pic attached- 2 engineers to help me switch it on. Room condition pic attached. NEVER AGAIN. Tariff: corporate: 3,500.
"awesome"
04/30/15 giteshm2015 Mumbai (Bombay), India
Its an awesome place and well managed . I would recommend to all to go at the caliph located in powai. Mumbai. Rooms are luxurious. Restaurant is also good. I will surely visit next time to the caliph and i would stay for more days
"Pathetic"
02/11/15 Kumar U
1) It was 8 AM in the morning, I was working on my computer wearing boxers. Ring belled and I opened the gate. Hotel boy and a family (Husband, Wife and Kid) was there. Hotel boy said "good morning sir, since you are checking out the room today, I wanted to show your room to this family." Can you imagine this happening in a hotel in one of the best area of Mumbai - Powai. Ridiculous. 2) When I went bathroom for shower, there was no towel. Everyday I have to call before shower and request for it. 3) One night AC wasn't working in my room, I kept calling reception, after 5 attempt one guy picked up and irritatingly told me to contact room service. When no one picked up from room service, I called back reception. After one ring they disconnected the phone. Afterwards room service also hanged up. 4) To get warm water from tap, you have to open the tap for 5 minutes. Can you believe you are wasting so much of water to get hot water. Caliph Hotel is in the best commercial area of Mumbai - Powai. But the services are like slum. According to me their license should be taken away as they don't deserve to operate in Powai and charge premium amount for the location. I am serious.
"Good budget hotel"
02/11/15 Debbie R Kuwait City, Kuwait
Stayed in this hotel with my family for 3 months. Its very good budget hotel. Overall service was excellent though the breakfast may need improvement for non-indian guests. The hotel staff were all helpful and friendly. Noteworthy were Akash, Shaguftar and Mr Anil. Wifi was not very strong in my room. I don't know about others. I would still stay in this hotel whenever I go back to Mumbai. It was convenient for my trip.
"Good hotel"
02/02/15 Yamuna1993 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
Stayed here for 10 days during a camp at IIT Bombay. Very good facilities, helpful and cheerful staff. Overall had a very good experience. Completely worth the money. But, the food is quite expensive.
"Value for money"
01/16/15 jayadev61 Kochi (Cochin), India
Room was clean, the place is convenient for those doing business in Powai and Andheri East area. It was quiet too. They aren't very flexible about checkout - you have to checkout at noon. Restaurant isn't well-staffed, but the ones available are courteous - breakfast spread was decent. You need to check in advance whether breakfast is included in the traffic.
"Helpful staff."
01/12/15 alash1989
A very value to money hotel in powai. The hotel has a nice view as i stayed on the 7th floor. The best part of this hotel is the staff. Had stayed there for a night and found the staff especially the manager Akash Mahakar went out of his way to help.
"Not the best value"
01/11/15 TJ_Treking Seattle, Washington
I stayed here for about a week during the IIT Bombay TechFest conference. Let me say that finding this place is RIDICULOUS. the taxi got us literally right infront of it and there were no signs to tell us it was there. We even went to the police station next door and they couldn't tell us where it was. Even when we called the front desk, they couldn't give clear instructions to the taxi. We did eventually find our way in though. So to break this down, I'm a value traveler. I don't need fancy, but am looking for best value. This place was about $70 US a night for a hotel that "for the business elite". Hot water took about 15 min to warm up, or if you got there too late, they were out. We had cockroaches in the room and room service continually shorted us towels when they cleaned the room. (as in they take 2 but leave 1). The rooms are also very noisy and don't block out much street traffic. A few of my colleagues left for a place (the fern) just up the road that was only another $20 a night but was extremely nice. Bottom line, there are easier places to find, travel from and of better value.