All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Mita Twin Building East Wing4-2-8 Shibaura, Minato-ku, TokyoTokyo-to108-0023Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Great amenities
    Food is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
Just holiday, visiting and enjoying Japan !!!
9 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Daniel Razvan
"Hotel Villa Fontaine Tamachi review"
Stayed for 5 days and toured Tokyo by train. Easy to figure out and was convenient. Room was small but comfortable. Breakfast was great since I love Japanese breakfast. American is available, but not that good. Rooms on 14 floor up. Stayed on 16th. Great view, and was happy to be there. Hotel employees speak English, a little, but enough to communicate, plus there are a lot of maps and info in English. I would recommend the Hotel. I stayed at a hotel in Ueno that I paid more per night and room not as nice.
5 night family trip Mar 27, 2016
DENNY
"Good Location off central JR metro"
Had a difficult time finding location as I wish on info they would give detailed info on how to get there from metro station. This was a good location to see the city. Hotel had good breakfast. Staff was helpful but english was a little difficult.
4 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
joan
First time in Japan and this was our hotel for 1/3 of our trip. 5 minute walk to Metro, 8 minute walk to JR. 30 minute JR ride to downtown Tokyo. Clean room, safe neighborhood, free breakfast, helpful staff, modern decor. Key service points- Staff was able to call a restaurant to check if they had my shopping bag that I forgot to take with me when leaving the restaurant. I ordered a portable wireless router from Japan Wireless and the device was in my room upon arrival! For reference, I ordered the device 5 days before our stay. Highly recommended and would stay again.
3 night romance trip Mar 15, 2016
Great hotel! Worst breakfast
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Katherine
"Affordable hotel convenient to JR lines"
Nice hotel with ok room size for Tokyo. Free breakfast is included. While it is not very fancy or luxurious, it offers all a typical traveler needs.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2016
Patrice Mueller
"Good rest before returning home."
The hotel is close to the Tamachi Station (close to Tokyo Station.) The building is secured business building. The top few floor is the hotel rooms. The room have nice view but you can hear a little noise from the train.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Excellent Value and Good Location"
Excellent Tokyo business style hotel. In Shibaura area of Minato. 10 min walk to Tamachi train station on JR Yamanote line (which circles Tokyo). Supermarket across the street. Lots of good neighborhood restaurants nearby. Stayed a week last year and 9 days this year. Competitive rates include free breakfast and free WiFi.
9 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Ed
"Fantastic hotel!"
Staff was very nice and tried to help anytime we needed. They also speak English. The hotel is very clean, the room is comfortable and breakfast is amazing! It is 5 minutes walking distance from metro and train with lots of stores nearby. We enjoyed our stay very much, definitely recommend to anyone staying in Tokyo!
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
HoneyBunny
"Good location and will stay again"
Short business stay. Reasonably priced. Close to Tamachi station. Usual very friendly helpful Japanese staff. Minor hiccup in laundry fixed fast. Normal size room for this class of hotel. Defintitely would stay again. Hope to in fact.
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Allan
"Large rooms for the area"
The room was large and roomy for Tokyo standard. The buffet breakfast was included and it helped a lot. We did not have to drag the luggage and look for places to eat in the morning of departure. Having comparable breakfast outside of the hotel can run quite a bill in Tokyo, too. We paid 850 yen for a buffet breakfast in another hotel, but this free buffer breakfast was better! They have lots of foreign visitors and had Tokyo visitor information available in English. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
"great value. Good location. 5min from station"
Very comfortable business hotel, within 5 minutes from Tamachi train station. Great (free !) breakfast
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Guy
"Nice hotel in quiet area of Tamachi"
A friend, my wife and I visited Tokyo for the first time and after reading many reviews decided to book this Hotel for our 9 day trip. We were not disappointed. If you want a nice quiet location near the subway, then this is your place!! The staff were always friendly and willing to help in any way they could. If you need an iron with ironing board, just ask the reception desk and they will be happy to lend you one. They will even lend you an umbrella, so there is no need to buy one. My only complaint is that the pillows were not very comfortable and the breakfast did not change much for the 9 days we were there. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be in a calm neighborhood with the action a couple minutes away via subway!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Juan
"Location great, bed is as hard as a rock!"
Overall we were happy with our stay. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Bed on the other hand was very uncomfortable and made for 3 sleepless nights. Location however is very convenient for access to public transportation.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Allison
This hotel is clean and quiet! Very good location , Excellent buffet, very polite and helpful staff. I recommended the hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
mike
"Good hotel"
Convenient location to train and subway station. Morning breakfast excellent. Nice room. Second time staying here.
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Easy access from rail station"
Excellent communications with staff, quiet room, great breakfast
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Perfect location"
Perfect location. Perfect place and city. The japan breakfast is good. Have laundry machine. The metro station is near. Tokio is a big and secure city
Other trip May 18, 2015
JORGE
"Wonderful hotel in a splendid city"
This was our first trip to Japan. We were nervous about our choice of hotel and location because we heard so many mixed reviews. The Hotel Ville Fontaine Tamachi is an excellent hotel in a most convenient location. About 5 mins walk from the metro station. We toured all over the city and also to Mount Mitake from this station. The hotel room was sufficient size for a couple, the bathroom also. All bathroom amenities were supplied daily, even the toilet seats were heated. Free teas and coffees were supplied each day. Breakfast buffet while featuring Japanese foods was plentiful and efficiently served. Front office team were extremely courteous and helpful. All spoke excellent English. Free Wifi is now available in all bedrooms. We will stay here again on our next visit.
Other trip May 1, 2015
jowie
"Visiting Tokyo"
I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The only problem I found is that there was no wifi available in the room so you had to stay in the lobby to check emails or do any business in the Internet. The breakfast was simple but I missed some fruit. The croissants were amazing.
5 night trip Jan 14, 2015
Gloria
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent hotel, good view, great location, walking distance to JR Tamachi station, short taxi ride to JR Shinagawa station with Shinkansen (bullet train) and Narita Express access.
7 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Ed
"Good place, big problem"
It is a good hotel and I used to book it through Hotels.com many times, but is a pity that they did not offer we-fi inside the rooms, not even for pay. I'll probably will give up on it just because of that.
5 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
"Surprised not surprised! – 5 days"
This wasn’t my first choice in hotel while visiting Tokyo, however, there was a 20% off – 5 day deal for this hotel so I cancelled my original reservation for this hotel. I can say that I wasn’t disappointed. The location was just the right distance to Tokyo Big Sight and surrounding areas. The room was clean, linen didn’t look used and dingy and the size was a 7 of 10 for hotel rooms as far as Tokyo standards. Things I didn’t like, but were not show stoppers: No Wi-Fi (buy a portable router), only cabled internet, however, the internet was BLAZING fast. The fastest I’ve ever had as far as hotel internet is concerned. TV is all paid. I couldn’t figure out how to channel surf, but I wasn’t spending much time watching TV either. No pool, but didn’t really need on. There is paid laundry facility 200yen for wash, 100yen for 30 min dryer. There was only one laundry facility with 2 washers and 2 dryers for 4 floors of people, which is bad. The staff and cleaners are extremely friendly and helpful despite language barrier (English speaker). Overall, I’m was pleased with the room, service, and location of the hotel and will stay there again if they have other 20% off deal.
5 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Joaquin
"Unforgettable Trip"
Went all over Tokyo, so many different town's, tourist attractions, Temples, museums,store's, Tokyo train station is a city unto itself.Make sure you go off the beaten path you will not regret it. Ten out of Ten !!!
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Clean, comfortable and inviting business hotel."
Pleasant, very clean and bright room, huge inviting lobby, great breakfast (japanese and western options), English speaking staff (made some calls for us), OK size bathroom with all japanese amenities(washlet toilet, toiletries, ets). 5-7 min walk from the JR station, pleasant street, right in a business area. safe area.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Ira
"clean comfortable and well priced"
close to Tamachi sation on the Yamanote line and Mita station (2 subway lines) including the Asakusa and Mita lines. The bathroom was probably the best feature, fairly spacious for Japanese standards with typical high-tech toilet and nice large shower. The free buffet breakfast was also a great perk, offering mostly Japanese style with some Western additions like crescents, rolls and yogurt. The WIFI is only available in the lobby which is kind of a pain to go down everytime. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"I would recommend"
This hotel is about one block from the Tamachi metro stop - so you can get there by train and metro from the airport (NRT) in about 1.5 hours ($50US one way for both). I only stayed in Tokyo two nights, so not sure how centrally located the hotel is, but was able to get to everything I wanted to see by metro or cab. The room was small but had already read that all hotel rooms are small. Plenty of room though for luggage and bed, shower et al were very comfortable. Breakfast included was in the lobby and a little light on diverse food, but enough to make it worth it. I have nothing to compare this hotel with, but it was good enough, the price was great, clean and modern, and convenient. I would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Convenient location"
The hotel is located near both the train and subway stations. Breakfast in the lobby was simple, but good. Would definitely stay there again.
7 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Lndrn808

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great value hotel in Tokyo."
Stayed for 6 nights with my girlfriend. Great room for the price. Room larger than similarly priced locations. Hotel seemed nice and modern, but wallpaper peeling off a bit in bedrooms spoiled the image somewhat. Breakfast was simple but nice to be included. Little within walking distance but close to station so still a good base. Will likely use this chain of hotels again.
6 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2016
"A-ONE !!!"
My 9-day stay was undoubtedly a great one! Apart from some Chinese from China who are famous for their antics, it was superb. The location (Tamachi) is a really nice quiet place; and it is really very convenient to get to anywhere with the train station nearby. Got many cheap beers from the supermarket across the road. Food is cheaper than that in Singapore. What can I say more? Plus the great weather and not forgetting the service? A-ONE !!!
7 night trip Mar 23, 2016
August
SG
"Ideal for a business stay"
Staff were excellent - friendly, and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, ideal for a business stay. Free wifi and enough desk space to work. There isn't a lot to do in the immediate area, but the JR line is less than a 10min walk away so that wasn't an issue at all.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2016
"tiny but effective"
Staying at the hotel just o.k. for me. I expected the rooms to be a bit bigger. It was quite small. There was no restaurant in the hotel but the breakfast in the lobby was pretty nice. I did not quite like the movie selection or the fact that I had to pay to watch premium movies. There were very little titles and most was in Japanese. The wifi was great! The staff, especially Narushima-san. He was absolutely the best, very helpful!
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
Yana
excellent service and rommy
4 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2016
Andrew SY
Convenient, clean and friendly staff.
6 night trip Jan 27, 2016
"Good hotel less than 200m walk from train station"
Our family stayed 5 nights in this hotel at the end of our Japanese holiday. The room was clean and spacious compared to our other Japanese hotel experiences. The room had a comfortable queen sized bed and pillows, which can be a bit hit and miss in Japan. We had an included breakfast every morning which had a sufficient ( not extensive) range of both western and Japanese foods. The best part was the location/ proximity to the Tamachi train station which is on the Yamanote JR Loop line. The hotel is in a business district which makes it very quiet at night. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel a couple of stops out of the hustle and bustle of Tokyo or Shibuyu then this is a good option.
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
Nothing to fault. The room was comfortable and staff were polite and hospitable. No complaints
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
Rahul
"Good hotel - Good access"
The HVF Tomachi is a good choice if you are keen for a well-priced hotel, in a quieter area. The rooms are a very good size for Tokyo and very clean. Sound proofing is excellent. The included breakfast is basic but more than adequate. The hotel is across the road from a supermarket and a number of local eateries - so there are plenty of local options. Transport is simple - either via the JR Yamanote line or the subway. In essence, a clean, comfortable, well-priced stay in central Tokyo.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
Linus
"Comfortable and convenient!"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights - we mainly use rooms to sleep in and don't use hotels for much else, and it was great for this purpose. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to two different train lines, both of which were lines convenient to good tourist spots! The hotel itself was very clean, the staff were polite and helpful, and the bed was comfortable. There are some restaurants near the trains and also some convenient marts close by. I'd definitely recommend a stay here to others.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Good hotel"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. There is a mall right next to the hotel with a supermarket and several decent restaurants. Breakfast at the hotel is ok, but could be better. It is a 10 minute walk from the subway station, which can take you anywhere in Tokyo.
5 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Thang
Room is amazing. Breakfast is free and OK. Location is good. Convenient to stations, supermarket, restaurants, etc. It is a $100 hotel, but I feel like getting $200 services.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
The people are extreamly nice, but they barelly speak english, so communication was very hard. The breakfast was REALLY yuky. Well, they had bread and tea so it helped . The size of the room was very very small. The only Problem i had was the bathroom floor by the toilet was full of urine, and after 2 days of explaining that it smelled they finally understood and it was cleaned. Voila bathroom did not smell. It was ok. I would not stay there again, i ended up changong hotels for the english and size reason. But felt bad bc they were super nice.
9 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
diana
"Central location and large bathroom"
Large for a Japanese business hotel, particularly the bathroom. Room for a cot next to the bed. Really good service and the breakfast was fine (Western and Japanese styles). 5 minute walk to JR Tamachi station and one stop to JR Shinagawa station for Narita Express service.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"Excellent hotel, would recommend to anyone!"
I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. My room was incredibly clean, comfortable and spacious by Tokyo standards. All of the staff I encountered were so lovely and friendly and went above and beyond to make my stay perfect. The complimentary breakfast is more Japanese than continental but has an excellent variety of foods on offer. This hotel is one block from the Tamachi train station where you can catch the JR Yamanote Line and the Keihin-Tōhoku Line. There is also a grocery store across the street and many lovely eateries nearby. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
Caitlin
"Easy access and nice hotel"
Great Place, other say it has no restaurants or train access. However it is two blocks to the train station which is on the main Yamanote line. A lot of restaurants in the train station area! good breakfast here and very nice staff!
3 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Russel
(+) a big and clean room, good breakfast. (-) a bit walk from the train station.
5 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Liat
The location of Hotel Villa Fontaine, Tamachi was very much to our liking as it was only a ten-minute walk to the Tamachi Station and perhaps an additional two-minute walk to Mita Station. Tamachi Station is on the Yamanote Line (JR) and Mita Station is on Toei-Mita Line (Toei Subway). Although the room was 19 square meters, it felt rather compact. Yet the bathroom was an adequate size. We found the lack of draws and the small wardrobe to be the only negative aspect of this room. The room was well stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, cotton buds, mouth wash, toothbrushes and toothpaste, tissues, toilet paper, shaving equipment, hair brush, room deodorizer and even pajamas. There was also a small refrigerator with free bottled water supplied daily; a T.V.; an air conditioner; pants presser; hair dryer, humidifier and an electronic foot massager. The breakfast was not spectacular but adequate for our needs. The room and the hotel in general, were very clean. We even made use of the self-service laundry service. We also, borrowed two umbrellas for our use before leaving the hotel each day, at no additional cost.
4 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
Tania
"Good hotel, good location."
The hotel is located 10 min walk from Tamachi station, which is on Yamanote line. It is an ideal location to connect to Monorail at Hammamatchuo station to Haneda airport. Tamachi is not as busy as other big stations but its surrounding have many food outlets for you to choose from. Opposite the hotel is a supermarket, very convenient. Don't expect much variety about the complimentary breakfast. But i m still happy to eat despite my 11 nights stay. The room is comfortable, though small but you don't feel crowded. It shouldn't be a problem for a person to sleep on the floor but then you will left with no space for your luggage. The hotel occupies only 14 to 17 floor of the building, so, there is no different if you are requesting for a high floor or low floor room. But there are more vending machines and coin laundry machines are located on 14 floor. The microwave oven is located at the lift lobby, it meant for you to heat up your food before you proceed to your room. Room cleaning is strictly from 10am to 2pm. Forget about the Tv programme if you don`t understand Japanese, there is only one BBC channel available and is also dubbed in Japanese, one must listen carefully to the English narratives. The hotel staff speak English reasonably.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
SG
The hotel is really a long walk from its nearest Station. Nothing much nearby. But i like the breakfast. Service is good too and room is spacious.
5 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Siaw Mei
"Nice place!"
Location is excellent, good transportation nearby! Nice and quite place with good hotel condition
4 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Chun Chuen
the Hotel was just alright it is located in an office building, the hotel rooms was in the upper floor. The hallway was not airconditioned, it has a supermarket nearby but not a shopping area
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2015