All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
163 Twin Lakes Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Amazing stay !"
Cabin was very picturesque, amazing views of the lake. Staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. Although farther than we thought from yosemite valley, would be our number one choice for any lodging during our visits.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Great location - beautiful"
Stayed one night based on location. Staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in the small cabin with queen bed and small kitchenette. Rooms were cozy, but looked bigger in pictures. Some pictures made it look like there was a sitting area in addition to bed and kitchen. Not sure if there are some with sitting area, but I'd ask if that's what you want. I didn't see a carbon monoxide detector in room, which concerned me with the stove because it had to be lit manually.. We stayed there in hopes of renting kayaks, but it was too windy. Over all I think the place was great.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
pamela
"Romantic Escape"
Awesome place to spend a quiet night within walking distance to a water fall & two lakes. Dogs are only allowed in the private cabins for an extra fee. Our cabin had two floors, the master suite was downstairs & two more beds in the second floor. Fully equiped cabin--bring your groceries! Extremely welcoming staff! Good morning breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Yesenia
"You can do much better for the price."
Avoid getting a room anywhere near the staircase. Extremely creeky. It will wake you up every time it is used. Also it's like living above a bar in certain rooms. Rooms still use regular key so not secure. No bellman. Lastly our room had no bathroom.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
The best part is that it's located at a very nice place, right in front of twin lakes. There is also a waterfall within the vicinity. It seem like there are different types of lodges, but the one we got was a bit small I thought, and there was a bug in the room. If it wasn't for that I think this place is a pretty awesome.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"cozy mountain lodge"
We stayed at Tamarack Lodge during a ski trip to Mammoth Ski Resort. The lodge is very close to the mountain. It is also on twin lakes on a small road off Lake Mary Road above the town of Mammoth Lakes. It's a great alternative to staying in town. I love the charm of the old 1923 lodge with its cozy lobby and notty pine rooms. I stay here whenever I come to Mammoth Lakes.
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"I think I'll rent a cabin on the lake next time."
Great Getaway... friendly staff...away from the distractions of life.
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Don't go"
It was not fun
4 night trip Feb 23, 2015
kazuhisa
"Skiing trip to Mammoth"
Great location off the beaten path with beautiful view of the lake. Very cozy and welcoming environment. Casual entertainment in the lobby with fireplace and small bar. Excellent continental breakfast, caring staff. Very good experience.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Diana
"Too pricy and I am disappointed"
The room is old and needs several fixes. The fan is loud and you have to wait 5 minutes for the hot water to come. Breakfast is very limited. In short, too pricy for such a hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"No hot water"
We checked out next morning. No hot water, no tv, no wifi
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
avid travelers
"Nice cabin in the woods"
Great 2 bedroom cabin. We went in January and it was beautiful. At night the path freezes over so be cautious when walking to and from your cabin! The cabin had dishes, cutlery, glassware, pots and pans. Snow shoe hike is provided by the forestry department, good discount on rental equipment for guests!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jenn
"Stylish vintage hotel"
It was a pleasant stay generally, the hotel is well maintained, all things are working, lodge room is small yet cozy, shared bathroom when you stay in lodge not cabin, only one bathroom for gents, waiting time on the morning. It is a vintage hotel and the stairway creak, which affect the rooms near it.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Rain
"Beautiful and friendly lakefront resort."
The hotel staff were really friendly and informative. Though we had shared bathrooms, this was one for the nice places I've stayed for half the price ($100. bucks for $22 for resort fee)
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Robbie
"The studio cabin was well equipped with everything"
It was a perfect location, beautiful views, and the cabin was awesome. The staff was very friendly and more than accommodating as needed. I will definitely be staying there on my future trips. Thank you. Tamarack lodge!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"unique, enchanted place"
we enjoyed hiking around nearby lakes: Twin, Mary, George; gorgeous views; Kyle was extremely helpful - gave us lots of good tips and directions to our next destination
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great for the family"
Good time, would stay again.
4 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"A River View"
The room had a nice river view (well over a rooftop) but the bathroom was shared down the hall, and there was an additional resort fee. Both of those were surprises to us when we checked in. Good choice for a rugged experience.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"hotel at lake shore"
Uncomfortable, no living room, no TV, NO Refrigerator like studio room. Never will go there again & cost to high. Expedia did not well represented hotel commodities.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Yesay
"Cozy and quaint lodge with wonderful staff"
First of all, the location was perfect-- nestled right up among Twin Lakes. My boyfriend and I were not that crazy about the idea of a shared bathroom, but honestly, it wasn't bad at all! The cruelty-free, natural Aveda bath products were a huge plus for us! The hotel staff was very hospitable and enjoyable to interact with as well and made our stay all the more enjoyable. The atmosphere of the lodge was cozy and comfortable and we will certainly be back here, maybe with a cabin next time!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Lauren
"perfect for husbands early fishing spot"
perfect location for daddy fishing time and morning tea on the lake. Convenience was worth the little extra cost. Everyone was very helpful.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
melanie
"Cutest lodge!!"
Absolutely loved our stay here, it's such a lovely place - so cosy!! I will definitely return in the winter when the ski season starts!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
EllieDebs
"Hmmmmm"
Stayed in the lodge. Noisy! We were above the lobby and the burnt toast woke us at 6:30am. I was awake all night anyway b/c the walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone using the toilet in the hallway. We had our own bathroom, but apparently no one else did! They refunded my "resort fee," but I wouldn't stay again. No food for kids either ~ only fine dining with very obscure menu.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
sharowna
"Quite Nicely"
THE most relaxing time in Mammoth to date....just what we needed with no problems or issues...Can't wait to return. Gordon & Joan Francisco
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
The Francisco's
"Great lodge and cabins. Restaurant too expensive."
Perfect experience, the lodge and cabin were in good condition. I hate all of the "tourism fees" and "resort fees" that nickel and dime you to death. The restaurant looked good but we never tried it, the menu was a bit too eclectic, and fairly expensive, so we opted to eat in town all 3 nights. Breakfast in the lodge was simple and cold, not much attention paid to things that ran out (coffee for example).
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Relaxing, enjoyable.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice but sort of lame"
The rooms in the lodge are uncomfortably small feels like a prison cell. no bathroom in room.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
abe
Great location for affordable price. The lodge is very cozy and has a great feel, the staff is extremely friendly. Highly recommended. Only downside is the breakfast which does not have very many options.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Amazing lodge for everyone!"
This is the BEST lodge that I've never seen! With an unbelievable stuff service, Tamarack Lodge will give you the best shelter before, after, or between outdoor exploration! They will provide TV with DVD player, movies, and games for entertainment and a great restaurant to satisfy my hungry body!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Bowen
"Beautiful location."
The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We enjoyed the breakfast looking out at the lake.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Jan
"Shared bathroom stay"
The location of the lodge is superb, the twin lakes are right in front of the hotel. We tried the shared bathroom option and here is my review about this particular type of rooms. The rooms are of fairly small size. with no in room sitting and very small night stands. You will have some difficulty finding enough space to put your ipads/chargers/SLR cameras without making a chaos. The bathrooms are shared among the entire floor, but we haven't run into any long wait so it is not really that bad. And the bathrooms are clean and well maintained. The doors/ walls are fairly thin and you can hear people walking in the hallway, but luckily other guests are not very active during my stay. I assume it is because people are exhausted from day trips and activities. Room is not as clean as your regular 3 star hotel. The blankets on top kinda smells. It is a smoky smell which is not too bad but still it is there.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Mammoth Lakes Trip"
We chose this hotel because it was a dog friendly hotel. It ended up being a wonderful place, in a perfect location super close to the ski village. It's right on a lake, and close to the entrance of the nature trail. Additionally, the staff was great and the Lakefront restaurant was amazing!
Other trip May 28, 2014
H
"So cozy"
We stated at one of the rooms with a bathroom and it was so comfortable and cozy. A true feeling of a cabin. The view from our room was beautiful! The facade seems underwhelming at first, but once you walk inside it's truly charming. The temperature in our room was very comfortable. I just didn't notice prior to entering the room that there is no TV cable available, but you can check out videos for free. Overall it was a good experience for us.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Martha
"Very comfortable"
Rustic and charming, very nice staff. Beautiful surroundings, we watched a coyote cross the frozen lake. The continental breakfast could be improved, at least real oatmeal would be spectacular.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Ventura Girl
There was only one plug in the room making it difficult to recharge multiple Ipods and cell phones.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
lance
"Secluded Cabin? Not so much"
We went up here to stay during president's day last year. We have two dogs and one of them gets anxious around a lot of people so we were excited to see the description of this place as "secluded." First of all, when we got there and checked in we found out that they charge like $30 per pet per night!!!! It does not say this on the description. It does say there may be fees but having stayed with my pets practically everywhere, I have NEVER seen something this ridiculous. Finally, the place is not secluded at all. You are basically staying right at the main base area for the tamarck cross country center. On a weekend day there will likely be at least three groups of 20 kids playing around outside your "secluded" cabin. My dog pretty much freaked out and we had to take him away from our "secluded" cabin during the day just to calm him down. Overall, a beautiful place but watch those fees (especially for pets) and don't expect secluded.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Friendly Staff, Rustic Charm"
We went here for Thanksgiving with our 2 kids. We accidentally booked ourselves into a tiny room, and the staff went out of their way to find more suitable accomodations. We ended up in a cabin and they gave us a great deal on it. The cabin was roomy and very clean, and had a great fireplace. We were able to rent a TV, DVDs and board games from the front desk, which was great. There was plenty of sledding on the grounds, and we were able to get more sleds from the front desk as well! We had Thanksgiving Dinner at their restaurant, and it was excellent. No complaints, except that the furniture could use some reupholstery and some tile in the showers would be nice! But it was a great place to take our family and the staff couldn't have been nicer. We also loved the rustic charm of the main lodge, and enjoyed sitting by the fireplace there.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Katie
"The Ultimate Getaway"
Gorgeous location with great lake views. Our dog-friendly cabin was clean and nicely appointed with tons of cabin personality. Super friendly staff sherpa'd our luggage up via sled. We hiked with our dog around the area lakes on trails cut by cross country skiers. It was hard to leave.
4 night trip Nov 22, 2013
front desk guys were VERY helpful and nice
2 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Perfect setting"
If you want a cozy, rustic cabin with a beautiful view...this is your place. Great hiking trails and great location. Very old fashioned.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Lovely Place, Hidden Charges"
Love the place, but the extra $20 per night per room fee is a hidden charge that leaves you feeling swindled.
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2013
"rustic lodge close to lake"
Room was spartan. No TV, but radio and music. Dining was very expensive, but food was great. Wine selection was limited.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Chuck
It was a quaint and rustic Lodge, our room was intimate and clean with a view of Twin lakes. Did not enjoy the shared bathroom..(to old for that) The restaurant at the lodge surpass all expectations... Would stay again, but next time a room with full amenities
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"A Great Mountain Lodge Feel"
A true American mountain lodge of the 1920s. Cozy feeling summer or winter. Comfortable bed. A real "shabby chic" place with the most stunning view of the Eastern Sierras that you are likely ever to see.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Sam
"Wonderful lakefront lodge"
We spent 2 nights in a lake-view cabin. Location was fantastic, and the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The cabin was newly remodeled with a compact kitchen. The bathroom was a tad claustrophobic, but with excellent toiletries. The continental breakfast was so-so but adequate. We ate dinner twice in the intimate (10 table) restaurant. The first evening, a veal chop ordered medium rare came out terribly overcooked, but they replaced it quickly and comp'd the dish. Everything else was excellent. We will definitely go back.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Nice night at a lakeside"
Very good
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"For the View Only"
This is an ok hotel to stay at if you don't plan on being in your room very much and you don't require very much space. The "living room", bedroom, and bathroom combined take up less than 300 sq ft! My husband had to step into the closet to let me pass by out of the bathroom. They do not have TVs...instead they have a screen you can borrow (it's covered by your tweny dollar resort fee) and movies you can pick from to watch. Its hard to figure out how to get the actual movie playing after the trailers. Even with the windows open, there was no cool air to be had! Even if I had a fan, there were only 3 outlets in the place and all their lamps took those up. Driving up to the property, we were struck by the beauty of the lakes, trees and mountains. The cabins you can rent are so cute in that setting. We had a room in the main building and not a cabin. You can rent boats, kayaks, and bikes to enjoy the outdoors around you. It just wasn't a good value for the cost per night for us.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Faith
"It's a mountain lodge, keep expectations realistic"
Its location is great, right on the beautiful twin lakes. I was only staying one night while I attended the Jazz Jubilee in the town. I had the cheapest room with shared bathroom with shower. It was all OK. Nothing special. The free breakfast was above average and more than filled me for a day at the Jubliee.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Ralph
"Lodge in beautiful mountain on picturesque lake."
If I wasn't disabled, I would have enjoyed my experience more. This is a lodge for outdoor lovers. The wedding chapel area was very difficult to negotiate on an electric scooter and required men to lift scooter over abrupt drops at each end of the bridge leading to outdoor chapel. The cabins are built on a hill side and the rough gravel and steep driveways were just too difficult to manage on a wheelchair or scooter. There were lodge fees that weren't explained when we checked in and amenities of which we were not aware of that we might have utilized and were included in the extra fees. The setting is gorgeous and there are many activities for an active family.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Our Couple Getaway"
Tamarack Lodge is out by itself. It is the perfect place to stay if you want to get away from it all in the mountains, yet still have a few people around. The staff is extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our door. With one phone call Mike was there in 2 minutes to fixed it. Our studio cabin was everything we were looking for and more. It was clean, comfortable and well-decorated. It has a deck on the front with chairs that we could see the lake from, like all of the cabins. The best way to start the morning with a cup of coffee, in our book. Mammoth is such a beautiful place and staying at the Tamarack Lodge is the perfect way to experience it.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013