All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
163 Twin Lakes Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
    Uncomfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"go for location"
The location was very convenient for skii. There were free shuttles came every 30 minutes to gandola. Service is good, but room was tiny, wifi was very poor,my rooms can hear all the sounds from other rooms, as well as from the lobby. Clean bed and shower.toilet was tiny that I cannot even seat straight.breakfast was ok.
2 night trip Feb 6, 2016
cher
"Great little hide away"
Great place for a weekend getaway for couples in the lodge rooms. Nice complimentary breakfast. Amazing staff.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Diana
"Disappointing"
We were charged a $20 "resort fee" at the time of our check-in which was slightly ridiculous considering we did not use the resort as we were just there for one night to ski Mammoth. This fee was on top of whatever fees we had to pay for booking through hotels.com. It would have been nice to use the hot tub after we skied however they do not have one but do offer up a pool at another hotel. We also asked for them to change our room from a queen bed to a room with two single beds. They charged us a $30 upgrade fee which I guess would have been fine however one of the beds in the room was a cot with a mattress that was tilted and angled down to the floor.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2016
"All I needed"
I wanted a cheap place to spend one night between ski days at mammoth. This place was perfect. The price was good, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was kind and helpful. I didn't spend much time there but the location was great, a short drive from the main lodge. For my purposes, it was more than satisfactory.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2015
"Ok"
Nice hotel, a little dated but nice, beautiful location. Sparse service but possibly because early in the ski season
2 night trip Dec 4, 2015
"Loved it!"
Super quaint and romantic
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
DAVID
"Happy"
Very warm welcome when we arrived, we had a great time. Highly recommend staying here!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Travis
"Great Get-Away"
After a stay in Las Vegas with old classmates on a 50 year re-union, the Tamarack was the perfect place to stay and reflect on life. Great food and ambience, so we were glad the Tioga Pass was closed, so we had to stay there. Best thing an early snowstorm did to me.
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2015
Werner
A great spot. Furnishings and interior were rather worn even though the cabin was advertised as being totally redone. That is probably true but in what year???
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
"you can find better htel for this money"
a very good location, right on the lake. the room was very small, dark, there was spider ware behind the curtain. bathroom was extremely small and not comfortable. the toilet was moving. shower was with mold and very small. we did not risk to take a shower. the cosmetic was good though. does not worth money we paid.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
"Would do it again."
Stayed in the queen room where you share a bathroom. Room was small, rustic and very cozy. Never ran into anyone in the bathroom, so it never was uncomfortable. The internet connection worked well for me (w/ a mobile phone), however, my husband's laptop was sporatic, at best. He was continually frustrated. Don't know if it would have worked better downstairs in the lobby. The staff was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of. The breakfast fit our needs, cereals, bagels, scones and fresh apples. The location was terrific, right across from a beautiful lake and among the pines. The price was right, too.
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Andi
"Ok, but not worth the money"
Rates are just too expensive for what you get. Great location, but the cabins need to be updated if they are going to charge this type of money. We stayed in a one bedroom historic cabin. Bedroom ceiling bowed and bathroom really needs to be remodeled. Found a mouse in the kitchen, but granted this is a cabin in the mountains so that's understandable. We found the cabins to be the same at Lake Mary, but at least they charge less so you don't feel like you're paying more than you should. Nice staff, nice restaurant though.
6 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Jeremy
"A disappointing stay"
We were not very impressed with the accommodations...the room was very small and rustic...likewise the bathroom was the same. There was hardly enough room to turn around by the sink. The woman at the desk at check-in was not very friendly...she was not very complimentary towards Hotels.com. Needless to say we would NOT go back!
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"A Wonderful Vacation in a Mountain Paradise"
I purchased five nights at the Tamarack Lodge in a historic, one bedroom cabin. It was wonderful. The cabin had a clear view of the lake and a great balcony out front for relaxing and reading. The whole lakes basin is right outside your door. A new, paved bike and walking path runs near the cabins. Our cabin was located at the mid point in the (5.3 mile) trail. We rented mountain bikes from the lodge and rode up to Horseshow Lake - some tough climbs but worth it for the views along the way. On the way down we rode all the way into the North part of Mammoth Village and took the trolley (equipped to haul bikes) back to Tamarack. It was so fun and beautiful. My only complaint is the cost of the bikes seemed a bit high at $60 per day. The staff at the lodge were very helpful. This was one of our best vacations ever.
5 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Lynn
Great
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
dennis
"Loved our stay!"
Yes! Loved the location and setting. The staff was great, there's a lot of activities and the Lodge took you back in time yet we still had the amminities. We really enjoyed our stay and we will return!!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Tamarack lodge"
Beautiful location. The convienance made up for what the property lacks. The property needs some updating. Carpets are filthy, hallway smells like a dirty feet. peeling wallpaper in bathroom. Breakfast was ok, coffee was cold. Bright spot was Staff was attentive and helpful.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Paula
"As close to the wilderness you can get"
Enjoyed my one day stay at tamarack. I was notified upon arriving withy dog that we could not stay in the lodge which we reserved. they quickly found us a small cabin which was very nice but $50 more. Staff was very helpful on local fishing info and area activities. Quite a few extra charges which seemed excessive but i would stay again if in the area. Expedia should go a better job filtering "dog allowed" rooms for people requesting them so this mistake does not occur again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Greg
"Amazing stay !"
Cabin was very picturesque, amazing views of the lake. Staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. Although farther than we thought from yosemite valley, would be our number one choice for any lodging during our visits.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Great location - beautiful"
Stayed one night based on location. Staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in the small cabin with queen bed and small kitchenette. Rooms were cozy, but looked bigger in pictures. Some pictures made it look like there was a sitting area in addition to bed and kitchen. Not sure if there are some with sitting area, but I'd ask if that's what you want. I didn't see a carbon monoxide detector in room, which concerned me with the stove because it had to be lit manually.. We stayed there in hopes of renting kayaks, but it was too windy. Over all I think the place was great.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
pamela
"good hotel near twin lake"
nice but you have to know shared bathroom and toilette
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Romantic Escape"
Awesome place to spend a quiet night within walking distance to a water fall & two lakes. Dogs are only allowed in the private cabins for an extra fee. Our cabin had two floors, the master suite was downstairs & two more beds in the second floor. Fully equiped cabin--bring your groceries! Extremely welcoming staff! Good morning breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Yesenia
"You can do much better for the price."
Avoid getting a room anywhere near the staircase. Extremely creeky. It will wake you up every time it is used. Also it's like living above a bar in certain rooms. Rooms still use regular key so not secure. No bellman. Lastly our room had no bathroom.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"I felt like you Nickle & Dime people."
First I want to say a 50.00 resort fee for what? No pool or spa on premise and the sister property is no where close by. Your continental breakfast was cheap & sloppy. Plus no guarantees to eat at the property restaurant even if your a staying guest. Why would anyone go back? No complimentary drinks in lobby for that resort fee? Like I said Nickle & Diming people.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Falcon
"Very disappointed."
When we arrived we were immediately charged 265.00 extra for our 2 dogs (30.00 each) per day and 20.00 per day for resort fee. They assigned us to cabin 27. My husband is 72 years old. The entrance to the cabin is a serious of rocks that you need to climb elevated about 3 ft. None of the windows opened and it was sweltering. The kitchen was a joke the appliances were dated to say the least. After we unloaded we sat down and noticed there was no view of the lake as it states in the description. My husband and I took a short walk and upon return my husband fell trying to navigate the rock stairs. He is in very good shape, he goes to the gym everyday but the rocks shifted. I called to ask to be moved. 1.) They said they were completely booked immediately. 2.) They told me they would need to charge me more money. I told them no and definitely no I'm not giving you another dime. They sent the manager over in a truck and he unloaded all of our stuff and moved us to another cabin in huff. His name was Marcus. I said I don't understand why you have an elderly gentleman assigned to a cabin with stairs like that. He said it's because you booked through Expedia, we have all kinds of trouble with them. He then went on to mention that they had to move someone else out of the cabin we were moved to so they could accommodate us. Which I know for sure they did not, it happened way to fast. The attitude and manner of their staff was more irritated than hospitable.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Dawn
"Never anymore"
Room With no toilet ...noisy ...no internet ...you need to pay extra because it s resort ..20 dollar...! Need to pay extra for use bicycle ....
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
myriam
"Quiet cute cabins, beautiful lake view"
We had a great stay at this lodge. Cabin was small but had everything that was necessary. Only problem was at breakfast the staff seemed to be having difficulty. No coffee, no plates, no napkins had to ask or wait for these things. Other than that stay was wonder I just recommend going into town for breakfast or hitting the grocery store and cooking in your cabin. Did not stay in hotel but overheard a conversation about shared bathrooms. Best to get the cabin. Free wifi in cabin was also very convenient and fast. Only source of entertainment because tv for watching movies is only available upon request.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Jaime
"Nice location, but old, strange room"
Lodge is set on beautiful lake. Room in lodge obviously retro-fit for in-room bathroom. Couldn't move in room if the bathroom door was open. Sink too small to wash face. No elevator to second floor.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Heidi
"Scenic area, comfortable lodges"
While it was only a weekend stay, I really enjoyed my time at the Tamarack lodge. Aside from hiking trails, there are bike paths/bike rentals, and kayak rentals. The area was so beautiful that I didn't spend much time in the cabin! However, the cabin beds were very comfortable, and there are full-sized appliances in the kitchen if you want to bring and cook your own food.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Beth
There was a spider on our bed and we were worried about bugs. It was good otherwise. The staff were very nice.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Lodge on the lake shore"
Tamarack Lodge is a very quiet and peaceful place to relax on the shores of Twin Lakes. The room in the lodge while rustic, meaning no electronics, had very comfortable furnishings.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
The best part is that it's located at a very nice place, right in front of twin lakes. There is also a waterfall within the vicinity. It seem like there are different types of lodges, but the one we got was a bit small I thought, and there was a bug in the room. If it wasn't for that I think this place is a pretty awesome.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"cozy mountain lodge"
We stayed at Tamarack Lodge during a ski trip to Mammoth Ski Resort. The lodge is very close to the mountain. It is also on twin lakes on a small road off Lake Mary Road above the town of Mammoth Lakes. It's a great alternative to staying in town. I love the charm of the old 1923 lodge with its cozy lobby and notty pine rooms. I stay here whenever I come to Mammoth Lakes.
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"I think I'll rent a cabin on the lake next time."
Great Getaway... friendly staff...away from the distractions of life.
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Don't go"
It was not fun
4 night trip Feb 23, 2015
kazuhisa
"Skiing trip to Mammoth"
Great location off the beaten path with beautiful view of the lake. Very cozy and welcoming environment. Casual entertainment in the lobby with fireplace and small bar. Excellent continental breakfast, caring staff. Very good experience.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Diana
"Too pricy and I am disappointed"
The room is old and needs several fixes. The fan is loud and you have to wait 5 minutes for the hot water to come. Breakfast is very limited. In short, too pricy for such a hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"No hot water"
We checked out next morning. No hot water, no tv, no wifi
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
avid travelers
"Nice cabin in the woods"
Great 2 bedroom cabin. We went in January and it was beautiful. At night the path freezes over so be cautious when walking to and from your cabin! The cabin had dishes, cutlery, glassware, pots and pans. Snow shoe hike is provided by the forestry department, good discount on rental equipment for guests!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jenn
"RIPPED OFF switch and bait."
I am not happy with how this "hotel" advertises. It is not skiing distance to Eagle lifts, The room with shared bathroom is SHARED with people not in your room. Like a hostel. The stairs to get to the room with a Queen ben was super small. The bed took up the whole room. a small sink in the room. Motel 6 is much better. I wanted a regular hotel room but of course it was not $112.00 per night. I reserved for two nights and they would not refund my money and the only Room left was a CABIN. Up a steep ice, snowy hill and automobiles are not allowed. This was very dangerous. My son slipped and ripped a whole in his jeans and his knee was bleeding. They gave me a special deal on the cabin. $350.00 per night. I could have stayed at Juniper Springs near Eagle for that much. When I asked where the Jacuzzi was I got directions to go to the Hotel near Main Mountain 20 minutes away. When we arrived the 4 indoor spas had no jets or bubbles and the one out door was filthy. I got back and immediately showered off the muck and grime from the Jacuzzi. On a bright note, the musician was a wonderful pianist, and when my son lost his wallet it was returned with all credit cards and cash in it. I was surprised that they had someone come clean the room while we were driving to the ski resort.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Stylish vintage hotel"
It was a pleasant stay generally, the hotel is well maintained, all things are working, lodge room is small yet cozy, shared bathroom when you stay in lodge not cabin, only one bathroom for gents, waiting time on the morning. It is a vintage hotel and the stairway creak, which affect the rooms near it.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Rain
"Beautiful and friendly lakefront resort."
The hotel staff were really friendly and informative. Though we had shared bathrooms, this was one for the nice places I've stayed for half the price ($100. bucks for $22 for resort fee)
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Robbie
"The studio cabin was well equipped with everything"
It was a perfect location, beautiful views, and the cabin was awesome. The staff was very friendly and more than accommodating as needed. I will definitely be staying there on my future trips. Thank you. Tamarack lodge!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"unique, enchanted place"
we enjoyed hiking around nearby lakes: Twin, Mary, George; gorgeous views; Kyle was extremely helpful - gave us lots of good tips and directions to our next destination
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great for the family"
Good time, would stay again.
4 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"A River View"
The room had a nice river view (well over a rooftop) but the bathroom was shared down the hall, and there was an additional resort fee. Both of those were surprises to us when we checked in. Good choice for a rugged experience.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"hotel at lake shore"
Uncomfortable, no living room, no TV, NO Refrigerator like studio room. Never will go there again & cost to high. Expedia did not well represented hotel commodities.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Yesay
"Cozy and quaint lodge with wonderful staff"
First of all, the location was perfect-- nestled right up among Twin Lakes. My boyfriend and I were not that crazy about the idea of a shared bathroom, but honestly, it wasn't bad at all! The cruelty-free, natural Aveda bath products were a huge plus for us! The hotel staff was very hospitable and enjoyable to interact with as well and made our stay all the more enjoyable. The atmosphere of the lodge was cozy and comfortable and we will certainly be back here, maybe with a cabin next time!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Lauren
"perfect for husbands early fishing spot"
perfect location for daddy fishing time and morning tea on the lake. Convenience was worth the little extra cost. Everyone was very helpful.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
melanie
"There are better places to stay."
Always wanted to stay at a "wooded lodge"; crossing that off my bucket list, but yeesh....I expected more. Yes, beautiful mountains and a lake, but noisy rooms at night with water dripping, old, paper thin walls, narrow halls and shared bathrooms facilities. Worse was the downstairs lobby, where they spread out the breakfast items. And yes, they "knew about the mouse" I saw under the couch area and "need to set a trap, I guess". REALLY?; from a hotel owned by Mammoth Mountain?! Unbelievable. And yes, Mammoth is well acquainted with hanta-virus. They plan a remodel, I'd wait 'til then on this one!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014