All hotels in Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
716 South Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA, 90277, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Good internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Beachin' 5 minutes away"
Absolutely wonderful! Beach is a 5 minute walk and it's beautiful. Always clean. Not what I expected, but this place was perfect!
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Corinne
"Dump"
Horrible hotel. Bed and bathroom only. No Ice and no Microwave, or Refrigerator. Dirty.
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Awful"
They never clean the room while I was there I complaim didn't do anything about it
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Satisfied Stay"
Walking distance from the beach, basic, clean rooms. Definitely worth the price.
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
It was within walking distance of Redondo Beach, the pier, and several bus stops. The beds and bathroom were very clean.
"ok"
Not exactly the most friendly owner/manager.Sub standard pillow otherwise ok considering price
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"Only two block from the beach and warf"
Great funky smaller motel with outstanding management and a great location.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
KC
"Very Clean"
Very clean hotel...walking distance to the beach...no frills...no microwave, hair dryer or shampoo, clock, etc... Good price on Expedia...office not open 24 hours...short on staff...parking available but can be a problem if you get in late from sight seeing...customers verbally reprimanded in public by staff...felt like you are being watched.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Good location at a good price."
Checked in late and it was seamless. Room was a standard motel room but very clean and comfortable. Only a couple blocks from the beach and a mile or so from the pier area. Free parking and wifi made this a good place for a quick overnight.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Doug
"Nice location, great owners, simple rooms."
Very friendly staff that care about their establishment and their guest s. Rooms are simple and have all the basics.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Great deal!"
This hotel is quaint and clean. It is close to the beach.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"Would definitely stay again!"
If you want clean, cheap, convenient and friendly, this is definitely the right place!
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
our room did not have a closet to hang our clothes. this room did not have plug ins for phone or computer next to bed.made reservation weeks ahead and requested for downstairs the room was not available till next day or late in afternoon and we arrive at check in time. I must report the managers were very nice people. just they were not prepare for us. we made reservation with expedia way in advance and was charge high price for the room it was clean but not much too offer, coffee, plugs,closet.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Comfortable and convenient"
The hotel fit our needs and was very clean and comfortable. Only complaint is the water turning hot and cold in the shower entire time.... it would be fine then turn very hot or cold! Annoying! Otherwise, clean and bed fine!
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Chris and Gary
"Tiny, tiny rooms"
The bedding was not changed during my 3 day stay, towels only once. There was no coffee in the room or lobby. The room was very cramped. I had to be careful that shower door and bathroom door did not collide. Light from adjacent parking lot streamed into bathroom so I had to close the door at night in order to sleep. For unknown reasons, the hotel staff kept the bathroom window ajar. The staff acted like they didn't care. FYI: it is within walking distance of the beach but it is on a steep hill. To get to the beach, you must climb down stairs. Don't try to walk unless you are in reasonably good shape.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Very Good Place for the Budget Traveler"
I travel to L.A. for work, and I usually extend my stay for personal time. Sometimes I want to save a few dollars, and go with a budget Motel, this place fit my needs. I usually hang out in Santa Monica, Venice and Hollywood (which I did). The Pacific Coast Inn is in Redondo Beach (which is fine), I love to drive, so didn't mind the drive time to those areas. The Inn is on the main drag, so if you need something it should be close by. The area was just fine, I felt safe. I arrived early (my fault), thought I could possibly check-in early, but they were cleaning my room. I wanted to leave my suitcase so I could go to the beach, but they preferred I didn't, they didn't want anything to happen to it. I appreciated the honesty, so I did kept it. Didn't go to the beach though, didn't want to leave all my stuff in the car. My room was clean, and pretty quiet. I always take the bed cover off, because I know they don't get cleaned as often as they should. The T.V. was old school and kinda small, but it was fine. The room was small, but it fit my needs.The staff was very friendly, and very accommodating. Overall a really good experience, I would stay there again. I stay at swanky hotels a lot for work, but I also like places like the Pacific Coast Inn.
Other trip May 1, 2013
"No blanket ? really ?"
The room was clean as stated by previous reviews I read. The Bed was hard and there was no blanket on the bed. I think you are expected to use the bedspread as a blanket ? I always take the bedspread off because I know they are not washed as often as the sheets etc. So I had to bundle up and just use the sheet. I personally would not return to this Motel. I spend the extra few bucks next time. Overall is was ok. Someone should explain to the owners that a bedspread is not a comforter or a blanket.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Very basic"
It's a very basic motel. Questionable neiborhood at night, but a short walk from the beach. Front desk guy weird and rude.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2012
Fabricia o.
"not worth it"
the pillow suck, the tv sucks, the shower was ok but besides that not worth the money at all
1 night trip Mar 20, 2013
wrong pick

"Redondo beach"
Budget hotel,pleasant stay close to beach and pier,easy drive from airport,plenty of places to eat close by,you have to check out the wildflower cafe for breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"small clean room"
Room was small, but clean, with good furniture. Bathroom was tiny, but shower stall was large. Fridge and microwave were good. Internet was good. Weather was cold, which is probably rare there. Heating worked well.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015

"Frisch renoviertes und gemütliches Motel"
Das Motel liegt in einer sehr ruhigen und angenehmen Gegend. Alles wurde erst frisch renoviert. Kühlschrank im Zimmer. Leider kein Frühstück. Begrenzte Parkplätze, man kann aber problemlos in der Umgebung parken.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
DE
"Tolles Hotel im schönen Stadtteil Redondo Beach"
Preisleistung ok. Sauber. Tolle Umgebung mit Cafes und Restaurants. Ein bißchen abseits des LA-Trubels.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2014
"Recomendable"
Es un hotel sin grandes lujos pero muy comodo. Ideal para disfrutar de Los Angeles que está a 45 minutos en auto y de la playa que está a 5 minutos. Cerca de Hermosa Beach. Yo lo recomiendo
3 night romance trip May 17, 2014
Antonella
AR
"hübsches kleines Motel"
sehr gut aufgepasstes sauberes aber älteres Motel, Preis Leistung ist ok
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Sehr gutes Hotel"
Das Hotel ist sehr gut geeignet für eine Übernachtung für einen Roadtrip. Das Zimmer war sauber, das Personal sehr freundlich und ein kleines Frühstück gab es auch.Wir würden es wieder buchen.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
DE
"Très bon emplacement pour une ou deux nuits"
Nous voulions visiter rapidement Redondo Beach. L'emplacement de ce motel est très bien, nous pouvions aller à pied à la plage, à la pier etc... L'avenue principale est remplie de supermarché, boutique et restaurant (bien évidement cela reste les États-Unis, la voiture est indispensable pour parcourir le boulevard). Le motel en lui même est de qualité moyenne: la salle de bain est très propre (surement remise à neuf) mais la chambre est étouffante avec une forte odeur de renfermé donc fenêtre ouverte nécessaire, les draps ne sont pas très jeunes non plus. Néanmoins, le fait d'avoir une table, fauteuils et micro onde est très pratique pour un petit diner sur le pouce et éviter de dépenser tous les soir en restaurants.
2 night trip May 22, 2013
FR
"Un bon motel proche de la plage"
A 10 minutes à pied de la plage de Redondo Beach et à quelques kilomètres des sympathiques plages d'Hermosa et Manhattan Beach, ce motel très propre nous a proposé une chambre très fonctionelle (1 grand lit, une grande douche, un mini frigo, une table, deux chaises, une bonne connexion wifi, un nombre important de chaînes tv). Pour ceux qui arrivent ou vont à l'aéroport LAX de Los Angeles, le motel n'est pas très loin et facilement accessible. Seuls bémols, étant au rdc on entendait beaucoup nos voisins du dessus marcher et notre chambre donnait à côté du local du personnel qui s'est affairé assez tôt pour faire le ménage nous réveillant par la même occasion...
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2013
Benjamin N.
FR
"Ideal zum Baden im Pazifik oder Shopping in LA"
Gute Lage in direkter Nähe zum Badestrand, und nicht weit zur Metro nach LA. Nettes und hilfsbereites Service-Team. Geräumiges Zimmer mit dem gezahlten Preis absolut entsprechender Ausstattung.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Wir kommen wieder...."
Wir waren zum zweiten mal in diesem Hotel und auch bei diesem Besuch waren wir sehr zufrieden. Das Hotel ist familiengeführt und das merkt man auch. Die drei halten den Laden wirklich sauber. Ich schätze man könnte vom Parkplatz essen wenn man wollte. Die Möbel sind schon älter, aber zweckmäßig. Die Betten schön fest und die Zimmer wurden vor kurzem neu gestrichen. WIFI ist flott und man bekommt alles was man braucht, man muss nur Fragen. Föhn und extra Decken waren kein Problem. Es gibt in den Zimmern eine richtige Dusche ...nicht diese üblichen Badewannenkombinationen. Der Wasserdruck stimmt auch. Wir hatten erneut das Gefühl, dass die Besitzer auf ihren Laden aufpassen und genau wissen wer dahin gehört und wer nicht. Das gibt ein sicheres Gefühl.
Other trip Mar 19, 2013
Uuuuuu
"Ein echter Geheimtipp!"
Unser Aufenthalt in diesem Hotel war absolut angenehm, das Personal war freundlich und hilfsbereit. Unser Zimmer war sauber und überraschend geräumig, insbesondere die Dusche. Wi-Fi und ein Fernseher war vorhanden, der Föhn fehlte. Allerdings nehme ich an, dass wir auf Nachfrage einen bekommen hätte, da wir aber eh keinen benötigt hatten, war das dann egal. Die Lage des Motels ist auch sehr gut, zu Fuß ist man schnell am Strand oder einigen guten Restaurants. Mit dem Auto erreicht man auch schnell and bequem die meisten Sehenswürdigkeiten in Los Angeles. Alles in allem ein großartiger Aufenthalt und wenn es uns wieder nach L.A. verschlagen sollte, dann würden wir es wieder genauso buchen.
5 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Pacific Coast Inn Redondo Beach

"discrimination against the disabled"
01/06/16 lexibird Salt Lake City, Utah
This place is a crack motel and I didn't realize it until it was too late. The walls are thin, the windows don't close, the heat doesn't work, the towels were stained, the owners are shady liars, cheats, and have violated 42 U.S.C § 1983. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I had driven by myself 11 hours from Salt Lake City to Redondo Beach on Christmas Eve 2015. They could not find my reservation so good thing I had printed it before I left, right? Wrong! They gave me a dirty room for the night. The drawers had condoms in it. Then the next morning, Christmas day, they evicted me. They tried to say it was because they gave me the wrong room and that someone had reserved the room I was in. Except when I checked in they said I got the last room so apparently they lie because when I asked about my reservation that I had already paid $415 for, they said they had rented out the only other queen room. So here I am a small single female thrown out of this motel on Christmas morning. I had to cancel my credit card because they threatened to charge it $2000 for my service animals. This is illegal. Under the ADA service animals are not pets. I have taken my two small rabbits to 7 different states in the past 3 months. I have never been forced to pay a fee for them to stay with me. This establishment discriminates against the disabled. If I didn't live in another state I would have taken this to court and had them shut down.
"It gets the basics done"
12/24/15 HalynKY Somerset, Kentucky
Is this hotel luxurious? No. Is it spacious? No. Is it clean and functional? Yes. Especially for the price, this hotel was hard to beat. For $69 per night on Christmas, our room had a microwave and fridge, very large shower with good water pressure, comfortable bed and it was a 5 minute walk from the beach. What more could I ask for? Perhaps a continental breakfast would be nice, but that's about it. The rooms are fairly small (at least the one I stayed in) but it has a closet for extra storage if you tend to bring everything but the kitchen sink with you on vacation. All in all, I have no problem recommending this hotel!
"Good value - main plus point is Close to Redondo Beach"
10/20/15 BobandJosie Reading, United Kingdom
We stayed for 3 nights in a King sized room. Am aware that others have posted critical reviews, however our room had been recently decorated, was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Air Con worked fine. A reasonably priced Inn/Motel - but with no "bells and whistles". Great Location - it really is just a 10 minute walk to the beach and conveniently located for a wide variety of restaurants and food outlets. Our room was on the front corner - near to the Pacific Coast Highway. Inevitably there was some traffic noise at times - but nothing too bad. Bathroom did need updating and there was no shower gel etc.
"Close to the beach "
07/06/15 Andreas M Sweden
It's just two minutes walk to the beach!! Close to Redondo Beach Pier (10 min walk) with restaurants and pubs. The location give this place a high rating. The room is small, really small. The room is No smoking but you can smoke just outside your room. Woke up by the neighbor smoking outside our door. So the fact it smells cigarette smoke lower the rating.
"Great value"
06/29/15 Turkishholidaylover Istanbul, Turkey
The inn is right on the Pacific Coast Highway and two blocks from the ocean front. The pier is five minutes by car. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable, which coupled with the quiet at night meant an excellent night's sleep. No breakfast is available but there is a Subway two minutes walk away to fuel up on coffee and sandwich before you leave. The owner was courteous and polite. A definite recommend.
"Horrible Hotel!"
05/24/15 Terry E Marina del Rey, California
How could TripAdvisor mislead customers by giving this seedy hotel 3.5 stars?! How dare you? The room smells of mold and smoke, the pillows are filthy with stains of bodily fluid from other guests, there are water and lime stains on the shower knob, the bed cover does not appear to have ever been washed because there is a brown stain on the underside, the nice tile in the bathroom is ruined with grout that has never been cleaned, and top it off with a rude, disgusting manager! 3.5 stars?! Get outta here! This place is below 1 star. Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in my life! And I spend a lot of time in hotels for business. This is my first time ever writing a review. Don't stay at this place unless you're desperate as we were.
"Extremely Rude Manager!"
02/23/15 yessica p
Worst Experience I ever had! I stayed in this Hotel for Valentines weekend 2015 with my Husband and my best friend and her Husband. As soon as my friend and I walked in the office the manager began to yell at us his absurd rules. Cannot go to the beach because you will bring in sand, alcohol is not permitted, cannot arrive to late at night, No noise, no smoking outside, do not dirty anything inside or it will come out of your card, we explained we understand the rules but he kept repeating them like we were teenagers I felt like we were back in high school. I felt he was invading my privacy, he would knock in our doors to make sure we were not drinking, keep in mind I am 27 and with my husband on Valentines weekend! I wouldn't be surprise if he had cameras in the rooms. I have never felt so uncomfortable and unwelcome before this stay, the Manager was extremely rude he kept treating us several times to kick us out for no apparent reason. The place is close to the beach and the pier and is very clean but I rather pay more somewhere else than have to deal with this Guy again.
"Worst experience of my life"
12/12/14 Alisa B San Diego, CA
My Fiance is in the Navy and had a two night leave so we booked a room and I drove 4 hours to meet him. We were both very excited to cozy up in a room and spend some quality time together but instead were greeted by the rudest man I have ever met. He complained and yelled at us every time we happened to run into him, from me bringing my own blanket in to ashing my cigarette on the floor (outside in the parking lot!). My fiance had to head back to work at 5 am after the first night and i was very rudely woken up at 10 am by someone banging on the door and windows, when i opened the door the owner rushed in without being invited and started complaining about the string of Christmas lights i had put up (my fiance wont be home for christmas and i wanted to celebrate it early with him). The owner demanded that I take them down and told me that the candle I had lit to get rid of the horrible smell in the room was unacceptable. I complied without complaint and began to take the lights down but a few minutes later he returned to the room and told me I had to check out even though we had already paid for two nights. When I told him that my fiance had taken the car and our money and I had no where to go he started threatening to call the police and started a full on screaming match with me in the parking lot. They refused to refund the money from the second night and charged me $50 for a paint chip on the wall that they claimed I made. I ended up checking in at the hotel across the street and the people at the front desk told me that it happens all the time. DO NOT STAY AT THE PACIFIC COAST INN, unless of course you want to be treated like they did you a favor by taking your money.
"Simple and Clean"
07/05/14 Martha H
We stayed two nights in June; the room was very clean and well maintained. The king bed was comfortable. Close to restaurants, walgreens, and 4 blocks from the beach. There's no hair dryer, coffee maker, shampoo, etc., but for the price it was very good. The employees were very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again.
"Overnight Stop"
06/20/14 AngelaG Sheffield, United Kingdom
This motel does not have any amenities, i.e breakfast, tea/coffee making facilities. We did not find any restaurants close by and the pier is a drive away. The rooms are clean, which is all that mattered to us for an overnight stop and we enjoyed the pier (when we actually found it).