All hotels in League City, Texas, United States of America
2350 Gulf Fwy S, League City, TX, 77573, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great amenities
    Service is adequate
    Room is all right
    Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
"Clean and very cozy"
Staff was very professional and considerate. Only one negative thing The television had no signal. And it really wasn't a problem things through so cozy.
from LA.
"We hate expedia customers!"
First, we booked a King room. At check-in I was told that i would have to pay a higher rate for the king room, despite my booking on Expedia. Then, we needed to stay an extra night. When I called to let the clerk know, she told me that they could not extend my stay. i was told I would have to check in again at the hotel's higher rate in order to stay another night. i told her I would rebook with Expedia immediately. Within minutes she called and said she received my reservation but I had to check in again at the front desk. Within an hour she called back insisting that I come back to the desk to leave a credit card, although they had a card on file already. they had already changed our keys and checked us out. I could understand if we were in a metropolis on the weekend, but we are in the middle of nowhere outside Houston on a Wednesday! It was just unprofessional and rude to treat us like we were squatting in their lobby. It felt like they were upset that we booked through Expedia. Here's an idea: Take your crappy service off Expedia and we will quit coming; then you can go out of business in peace!
"The staffing"
The front staff was not friendly. Very rude to my friends.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
we loved place
"We won't be back!"
On our arrival, the front staff was curt, not friendly at all. The room was small. One side of the bed was against the wall, and you had to crawl in from the bottom. There was no coffee or coffee pot in the kitchen OR in the lobby.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Pat
"great in room service"
I found my stay very comfortable,this being my first stay.the room ammanitys were very spot on!thank you very much
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
boyce
"Our trip to Houston"
My family and I found this hotel to be clean and conveniently located. The staff is extremely friendly and gave good advice about local shopping, etc.
3 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Cynthia
"Good Stay"
I have stayed here a few times now and it is a great place. This time though the clerk working the front desk was not the friendlest. I stay in hotels a lot and this was the least friendly clerk I have had. She wasnt rude just was not pleasant. In the room the room was clean but the cleaning staff did not empty out the garbage can from the previous night.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Everything was fabulous ; warm welcoming ,clean rooms,and very good location .
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"Worst hotel experience ever!!"
The girl at the front desk couldn't get us checked in. She was on her personal cell the entire time. There were customers lined up behind us. She was very unprofessional, discussing other clients & room conditions in front of us. She acted as if we were "bothering" her. It took 1 hour for her to check us in. It is a Non smoking hotel, but our room smelled like smoke & had huge burn marks on the carpet. My reservations were for a king size bed, & the bed in our room was seriously a twin, not even a queen. room across the hall had visitors knocking on their door at 2:30am & were talking loudly in the hallway. That experience honestly ruined our trip. We wont be staying there ever again.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Lauren
Overall very good.................................................................
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Had to switch rooms twice"
Not impressed. It was about what you'd expect for the cost. I think next time I'll spend the extra money and stay at the Hampton next door.
3 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Misrepresented"
Free Wi Fi, but only works if you are on first or second floor. We were on third floor. Requested a king room but got a queen-they only have 4 king rooms in the entire hotel so the chance of getting one is minuscule. Saw nothing sIng they were an extended stay hotel but was informed of that at check-in so no maid service. Room was comfortable but I would have stayed at another place with better amenities if I had known.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Not ready to check in"
I arrive there 1 hour after check in and my room was not ready, had to wait 30 min. Had air condition issues. purchase two rooms to be next door, they were on different floors
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"convenient to shopping"
Staff were very friendly. Enjoyed being able to cook in the room, all pots, pans and utensils in room with a 2 burner stove top. Had an outside bbq grill for use by guests. Free laundry room. Wi-Fi wasn't so great, but we learned where to get the best signal and it was also free. Pool was nice too.
7 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2014
Valerie
"Rest after a long day"
We picked this hotel based on reviews and location. We looked forward to a restful evening after a long day of travel. The hotel is hard to get to off of the interstate. GPS is not up to date, so look closely you can miss it. Our encounter with the front desk staff was less than pleasant. The girl that checked us in did not appear to knwo what she was doing. She took a great deal of time with a gentleman that was ahead of us in line. Her lack of knowledge and snotty attitude made the gentleman angry. I later experience the same feelings. She also did not explain security deposit fees. I found out at check out that there would be a hold of $100.00 on my card for 48 hours. The bed in the room was very uncomfortable. I would recommend this hotel, with warnings.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Hotel was nice, rooms were clean and neat, and the staff was very kind and helpful.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Probably better for extended stay than overnight"
The hotel is pretty fresh and clean looking, although there was a little stale refrigerator odor in the room. The layout of the room was comfortable and there were plenty of nearby restaurants and stores. I think what left a little disappointment for my stay was due to this being an extended stay facility, but with an overnight trip, I wasn't there to fix my own meals and have a longer term facility. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have an ice machine. At this hotel, they expect you to use the ice from the icemaker in the refrigerator in the room. Really? The icemakers are empty when you arrive, and they expect you to wait for it to produce ice? I made the mistake of turning the icemaker on and it dropped ice into the ice bucket just as I was falling asleep! It about knocked me out of bed! The other annoying "nickel and dime" incident was that the hotel description mentions coffee makers in the room. Um, yes, the coffee maker is in the room. There is NO COFFEE PROVIDED, but the coffee maker is in the room. If you go to the in-lobby store, you can purchase a coffee packet for 75 cents, which is quite the bargain compared to some of the other merchandise such as the $3 ramen noodles or $2 for the cheapest looking toothbrush you ever saw. In fairness though, there is coffee available free by the cup in the lobby. Housekeeping is only provided every seven days, but that is a moot point for a one night stay. I have gotten accustomed to a nice breakfast at most hoteIs where I stay. This hotel does not offer a breakfast at all--except for a granola bar for $1.50 in the in-lobby store! This might be an option for me if I ever need an extended stay, but for just an overnight stay, I wish I had gone someplace else.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
"Not up to Candlewood Par"
I am a regular Candlewood Suites hotel booker. This hotel was in a great location, lots of shopping and eating places nearby with easy access. The comfort of the larger suite style rooms is always a huge plus for me. However, this Candlewood wasn't up to par with the ones I've stayed at in the past...first impressions are important and the 2 girls working the desk were far from friendly. In fact, I had to wait to check in while they both socialized with a frequent hotel guest. Once I got to my room I was disappointed to see my king suite was in fact not a king size bed and all of the other rooms were sold out. The trash had not been emptied from the guest before me therefore there wasn't anywhere to put my trash. Not to mention the smell coming from under the counter. I don't feel like I will book this specific Candlewood in the future but instead spend a little extra money to stay in Texas City or Galveston.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Very comfortable"
Treadmill and exercise weights were a little worn out but still functional
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Lowell
"Right off the highway! Nice!"
The room was good but not as good as the customer service. The people working there were friendly, helpful, and truly went above and beyond to provide excellent service. The family and I will return. Take care!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Mr. McGill
"Very Disappointed"
I definitely was not impressed with our three night stay. This was my first and last stay with Candlewood Suites. We were on the third floor. The internet never worked in our room, there were vomit spots on one of the dust ruffles of one of the double beds, the dishes were not clean when we arrived, they were stingy with their towels, the toilet seat looked like it was 60 years old, the A/C would cut off in the middle of the night (each and every night) and the room was 78 degrees and while the front desk were friendly enough they lacked enthusiasm and were not very helpful. You might be asking yourself why I did not go to another hotel; well, I prepaid for four nights on hotels.com and stayed as long as I could stomach being there. I absolutely hated my stay.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Laurie
"very comfortable"
one of the best hotel ive stayed at. it has everything i needed from kitchen to pots to plates to utensils to dish washing soaps to paper towels. this place is quiet and has free laundry. very nice staff member. all of our qualifications and expectations were met. this will be my hotel again when i come back to houston.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Mae
Close to the ships. A big shopping center next door .
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Good
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
"Excellent Price and in Decent Travelling Distance"
The pricing of the rooms were great so I figured I would roll the dice to see what we would get. Probably the most important part of the room for us was the fact it comes with a full kitchenette, so we were able to actually bring leftovers from restaurants back to the room and/or make dinner there. Another excellent selling point is the fact that they have free washers and dryers, so coming back to the hotel from Galveston was much easier stress wise because we could wash our clothes without any hassell. The travel from the room to Stewart Beach was only about 25 minutes, and pretty easy to get to and from. Well worth saving the extra 120$ a night to stay here and use that money for family fun in Galveston instead of getting a room on the beach.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to Galveston"
Nice room, liked that we had fridge, microwave, stove top....also liked free laundry facility. Enjoyed our stay. Close to Kemah and Galveston.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay there anytime I need to return to this area.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
tammy
No ice in the room or ice machine at facility. Rooms are ok but, not real clean.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"A/C"
The A/C unit needed fron. Thermostat set at 68 and the room was hot, the room temp never got below 80. The cheap shower curtain was too short and allowed water to hit the floor.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
bill
Room cleaning is poor! Pool is great Kitchen not very well stocked
7 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Longfinn
"I did not get a king bed that was requested"
Did not get the room that I paid for. They told me that they only save a room from Expedia and it's not always what you request. Was not told about a pet deposit that was non refundable. They only cleaned your room every 6 days. We had to take our dirty towels down to the front desk to get clean ones. I will never stay at this hotel or any of Candle suites hotels ever again!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Kia
"Nice Hotel close to the beach."
My family and I really enjoyed this hotel. It was coveniently close to everything. We really enjoyed staying at Candlewood Suites in League City, Tx. I would recommend it to everyone that is going on vacation.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Jesus
"Dogs aren't allowed on the lobby floor is too much"
Nothing exciting, which we perfer. Nothing more to add.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Rooms are small. Beds are even smaller. Not big enough for four people. Free eager and dryer use was a plus, but no breakfast. We won't be back.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
LC
"Great with minor issues"
The only few things that were wrong was the treadmills didn't work very well and the blow dryer in the room didn't work. Other then that it was a great stay with a comfy bed and pillows!
4 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"No wifi"
The front desk staf should be fired, they were rude when asked why the wifi was not working they did not accommodate me in any form or fashion.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
mdlg
"Not what I expected"
The front desk clerk on duty when we arrived was very unprofessional. She even told us to take our own bags to the room in the baggage cart. We had to take it up the elevator, unload our bags, and take the cart back downstairs. I've never had that happen at a hotel before.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
I was given the room furthest away from everything on the 3rd floor at the end if the hall. In 3 days housekeeping never came and when I asked for service the rude lady at the front desk told me I had to pick up my own towels and such. They also charged me extra because I was a patient. I'm sorry I used both of your services.
3 night business trip May 27, 2014
Paul Schneider
all its ok i'm very happy
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
roberto
Good room at a good price. Will definitely stay again. Only negative is no breakfast but there are several good restaurants within a few minutes.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Jerry
This hotel was nice and didn't have any major problems with it. When we got there in the kitchenette we only had 1 fork and 6 knives along with some pots and pans. They brought us up 2 more forks and 3 spoons(we had 3 people traveling). Also had to be brought some towels and got them quickly. When one of our coolers leaked in front of the elevator they gave us a towel to wipe it up instead of hotel staff cleaning it up. Even though hours on the pool was 10 am to 10 pm we asked and they did allow us to use the pool at 8 am! All in all it was a good hotel everybody was quick to get us whatever we had asked for and everyone was very nice.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Alix
"Great hotel."
I ordered a king size bed and for a king it was kinda small but it was a beautiful room.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Good trip"
My room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The hotel was very busy during the week of my stay; however, the hotel was still able to accomodate my LATE request to be placed on an upper floor since I was travelling alone. All in all, I had a great stay.
3 night business trip May 19, 2014
TK
Stayed 2 nights. Rooms in galveston were either sold out or double the usual price. We drove down I 45 twenty minutes. Great room. Close to Walmart, target, HEB and Starbucks. We will stay again. Staff exceptionally nice.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
pam
"Convenient"
The convenience of the hotel's location and it's pet friendliness were the main focuses in making our choice. For the plans we had it couldn't have been more convenient. However, it seems to only be semi-pet friendly, depending on who's at the desk that day.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Close to Freeway"
Nice area. Not far from Kemah Boardwalk.Good shoshopping and restaurants.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Excellent Experience"
This was our first stay at Candlewood and we were very impressed by the details of the room setup. The kitchenette was fully stocked with everything you would need, other than food :) The room was clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the location was close to several different stores and restaurants. I dont think we will stay anywhere else!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Christina-James
The hotel stay was great. I was disappointed that hotels.com charged me $20 more that booking directly thru the hotel. Boo!
3 night trip Apr 6, 2014
J Moore
"very convenient to our must see sights"
we asked for a king size bed and got a regular,policy should be explained at the time of reservation. could not understand the representative, bad accent. found trash in room when we arrived
3 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Angie
"Convenient to Gulf Freeway,"
5 day stay. nice hotel, a/c in room was not functioning properly