All hotels in Long Island City, New York, United States of America
3934 21st Street, Long Island City, NY, 11101, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

2.8
"full of let downs"
they lied about free parking, over charged the room, wouldn't help fix the confusion, overall i regret staying there. the price of the room online was cheaper then calling and they wouldn't give me the difference even though its part of your guarantee
2 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2014
brandon
"Great hotel nearby the train station."
Great room that was very clean. Hotel comes with great WiFi and everything you would need.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Staff very friendly. Subway Station very close. Near Manhattan. Comfortable and clean Hotel.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Santiago
"Very convenient to the subway and Laguardia"
Stayed two nights here over a recent weekend. Hotel is nice and it's a quick trip to get to Manhattan. Hotel is nice, it's not 5 stars but you already knew that. I had nothing to complain about.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Quite surprised"
For the price I paid for 5 nights, and the proximity to not only the train station, but the city itself, I was very pleased with this hotel. And I would definitely stay here again. Overall, my stay was quite comfortable. And the continental breakfast each day was a nice little bonus. If you're not too scared of the outside appearances of the surrounding neighborhood, I would give this hotel a chance, I was quite surprised.
5 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
Danielle
"everything is good!"
everything is good!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
zhen
"Nice hotel to stay"
Very good location, close to subway station, Manhattan, laguardia. Just not so much choice for restaurant around the hotel but still can order online and delivery to the hotel.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Good hotel for the price"
Stay for fours nights, very good hotel given the price.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice hotel, sketchy area, bargain hunter's dream"
Beds were extremely comfortable. Free breakfast and wi-fi were awesome. They kindly let me check-in very early. No complaints. The area feels stark, and slightly unsettling, but never encountered any unsavory characters.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Luis
"Very nice! You get what you paid for!"
Very nice and a good price!
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Sheila
"Good hotel close to subway."
They helped us check in early and helped us with sight seeing and subway use.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Sally
"Good hotel in a busy neighborhood"
Very new, very modern hotel, definitely recommended!
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
"Trip to New York"
Staff was very helpful and rooms were clean. rooms are small, however, was siteseeing most of the day so was not in room much.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Debbi
"not satisfied"
Iam very upset about my stay.....I checked in on tues the 11th of nov.i tried to cancel the last night of my registration. After an hour on the with hotel.com and talking to the girl at the front desk..and was told it would be ok with no penalties because it was 48 hrs in advance. No that did not happen because the girl then changed her mind and said she could not do it because I had paid in advance and I would need a manager to complete the transaction. Ok get me a manager. Reply there isnt one here ok when will one be here reply not til fri. Ok call the .manager get permission to do the refund. Reply cant do that. My response so what do we do ....her response you cant do it sorry.....to me it ssunds like rope a dope.....how can you not have a manager on the premises for 3 days....other problems that we encountered are we ran out towels and toilet paper...the neighborhood is not the best which allows you to charge 25.00 a day for parking. I do not agree with that I feel if you are paying for a room at a hotel you should be able to park....I dont mind tipping a valet.so I guess you can assume the next time I plan on traveling hotel.com and best western will not be my first choice.thank you for allowing me to express my experience. Nancy Evers.
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
robert
"Good Deal"
the hotel itself was great. However i was told by Expedia that the hotel would accomodate 5 people, however the room was very small and impossible to move around. Overall experience was good And I would stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2014
"Best Western Plaza"
Decent hotel in a sketchy neighborhood. Not as bas as it use to be but still proceed with caution. On another note the hotel was a pleasure . Clean and modern. Breakfast was a pleasure as well. Staff were kind and courteous
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Christopher
"Good location close to metro station"
10 minutes away from Manhattan the staff is not helpful I asked them to call a taxi I stayed 20 minutes I adkrd again the receptionist told I already called stayed another 10 minutes then I stopped a taxi passing buy it was bad experience as I wad heading to the airport
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
zeinab
"greatest staff"
The hotel staff was great. The young lady at the front desk (jasmine) went above and beyond. I would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
Jonathan
"Where "Free Upgrade" means DOWNGRADE"
First of all there is a total of 26 parking spots split between two hotels in a very tiny parking garage that was difficult to get in and out of. Once we arrived we were told we had a free UPGRADE so we were excited. Until we got to the room and saw that the kitchen we were supposed to have was not included nor a microwave. We were DOWNGRADED. Also the ice bucket was full of trash and the neighborhood was sketchy to say the least.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Sabrina
"Very good hotel."
Had a nice experience at this hotel. It is value for money.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
gbenga
"Beware the parking"
An extr $25 to park and you can't park a truck in the lot. You need a small car to use their lot. The staff was kind enough to let me park in front of the hotel as my Chevy silverado would not fit in the lot behind the hotel.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Acceptable"
Good location, basic breakfast and acceptable price.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"room smelled like smoke"
i asked for a non smoking room and was put into a smoking room. I was told that was all they had. I had booked a non smoking room. I woke up with my throat hurting in the morning cause of the smell.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Convenient location, decent hotel"
Like most people visiting NYC, we wanted to be in Mahattan but the prices were too high during the time we were there. This hotel is conveniently located 2 small blocks from the 21st/Queensbridge F-line station which is its biggest appeal. Rooms were okay and relatively spacious. WIFI was free and was adequately speed (~2mbs down). A cheap breakfast of bagels, donuts, really bad sausage & okay scrambled eggs is also included. This is actually a plus since everything in NY is so pricey.
4 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Close to all must see sights"
Very enjoyable, relaxing and quiet.
3 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
DJL
"Great hotel for the price, close to subway."
For the price, relative to hotels in Manhattan, this is an excellent hotel, but the immediate surrounding neighborhood is industrial and somewhat grim. Two (short) blocks to the F subway line. At this writing (September 2014), the F line and M line are one direction at weekends -- check the MTA website before you start traveling if you're using public transport. The WiFi was fine for email and it looked like there was a port for wired connection. TV channel selection was curiously limited. There is no place to get toiletries or medications near the hotel -- there is a corner store, but they mostly sell snacks and drinks; if you're a lean flier with a late checkin, you need to think what you can live without. Front desk staff can provide toothpaste, etc.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
JP
"Convenient good hotel but sketchy location"
The hotel was great. Affordable, clean, decent-sized rooms (compared to what you'll find in Manhattan), nice staff, good perks like free wifi and continental breakfast, and feels like good security in the hotel. Downside is that the neighborhood doesn't feel safe. It's only a 1-2 blocks from the subway on a busy street so daytime felt just fine, but I would hesitate to travel to the hotel at night on my own without a taxi. I travel alone to Manhattan frequently for work and it's very rare that I feel unsafe walking to a hotel past dark. If you're planning on a taxi, be aware that they may refuse to take you from Manhattan to Long Island City. Technically that's illegal, but they refused to take me, a woman who's 8 months pregnant.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"More than adequate"
It had everything I needed
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Mr. Aitch
"great location but...."
Choose this place primarily based on location. F train only a block and a half away. However, come to find out F train service into Manhattan suspended due to tunnel renovation. Luckily Queendboro Plaza stop just 5 blocks further. The neighborhood is... shady. Though it never felt dangerous, it can be sparse at night because it's a lot of warehouses and commercial properties. The only residential around is Queensbrigde, the largest projects in America. Needless to say, if you are innately afraid of poor people, not the hotel for you. Mgmt... Long story short they basically re-keyed my room without checking my credentials. That is to say, I could have given them any room number that wasn't mine, have a card programmed for it, and then enterer that room. Yeah, did not inspire confidence. I mean they were really nice, but nice is the minimum expectation I have from mgmt.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Hotel does not have free parking and of the parking they do have it only has 8 spots. Proximity to subway is a bonus but the dining options are limited. Room was a little cramped but overall not bad.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice hotel in NYC"
Nice and clean. Comfortable with a good AC. Breakfast was bland but other than that all was good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Nice hotel clean and close to the subway"
We were very please with this hotel, staff was helpful, room spacious, free internet and breakfast were included.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Angelina
"Manager may take a month off"
Room great! Staff, not so much. The gentleman who fixed the refrigerator in the room and provided the extra towels and blanket was the best part of the staff. When leaving my spouse and I who do not smoke were accused and fined for smoking in our room. No evidence of smoking could be found. Thought I was signing my bill when I was later told I was signing authorization for the fine to be took from my account. When I called corporate they could do nothing but tell me take it up with a manager. Called the hotel and was told the person that could do something was on vacation for a month. Will never ever stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Todd
"Great Hotel in Queens, NY"
I enjoyed the location in proximity to the subway. The breakfast was exceptional and the people were truly wonderful. I felt very welcome at home and they were all willing to help me in any way. I enjoyed the diversity of people who stayed at the hotel and the rooms were incredibly comfortable with a nice view of Manhattan. It was truly a wonderful experience.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Jose
"Nice Hotel, 1 block from the F train"
Nice Hotel. Very Friendly Staff. Rooms are a bit small but clean. Very convenient to the F train. No problems with parking. If you are looking for somewhere that is a little less expensive but an easy trip into the city, then this is a great hotel. Some reviews comment on the neighborhood, we traveled with a child and came back around 11 pm on the F train and did not have any concerns about safety. Overall a good experience.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
CarrieZ
My family had great experience with the hotel. The staffs are wonderful: Nice, courteous, informative, and friendly. Check-In/Check-out were fast, and simple.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Good business option"
If you have business to do in midtown, you're less than 15 minutes away with a good breakfast and an accommodating staff. All other factors (price, etc.), equal, this is one of the best Queens facilities for business travelers on a budget when available
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Mr. Aitch
"Close to metro station"
It is good place to stay close to metro station, Clean and with friendly personal.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Natalia Rodriguez
the hotel itself was clean. the breakfast could have been better. Location is not great.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Nice hotel. Unfriendly staff. Location is very sketchy. Located right in the middle of the projects. However, easy access to the subway.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"A decent hotel, great for price and location"
The hotel itself is perfectly decent. I would not expect substantially more for the price in the NYC area. The room cleaning service was kind of unpredictable in terms of when it will occur. Sometimes it would happen at 10 am, before we leave. Another day we may find it starting at 5 pm, after we returned. The service itself is perfectly fine though. For a few days the coffee machine in the canteen was out of order. It took the personnel two days to only notice it, and another two days to fix it. The assortment of foods for breakfast is very limited and never changes. It is exactly the same from one day to another. While they claim breakfast to be starting at 6:30, some of the foods only appear after 7 (consistently). Thus, I'd say the food service part is a kind of mediocre. The two elevators serving 10 floors are way sloooooow. If your apartment is not higher than 3rd floor, you'd probably prefer stairs most of time. The private bathroom is perfectly fine, big, clean, convenient. What makes the hotel great, though, is its location and price. The F-train subway station that get's you to Manhattan in less than 15 minutes (including walking to the station and waiting for the train) is just ~200 meters away. Three other (M, Q, R, N) train stations are also in a comfortable walking distance (5-10 minutes). I will definitely consider it for staying next time I come to NYC (which I do pretty often).
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Georgy
"good quality for the price"
Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. It was a little over a block walk to the subway which gave easy access to Manhattan without the excess cost of staying uptown. Continental breakfast wasn't the best, but it was free and my expectations weren't real high for that part. Surrounding neighborhood wasn't the best but never had any issues. Rooms were quiet and comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a cheaper option than what is found in Manhattan and it has easy access to the city and LaGuardia airport
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Comfortable hotel right by NYC"
This is a great place for the price. We'll definetly stay here again. It's one block away from the F train so the entire city is practically right down the street! The staff were very nice and helpful. Nice bathroom and bed. We even had a nice Manhattan view of the Queenboro Bridge and the Empire State Building! A
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Kyle and Lía
"Affordable hotel near Manhattan"
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. They upgraded our standard king room to a jacuzzi room with a pretty nice view for free. They also provided us with toothbrush, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream because we forgot to bring some, but you have to pick it up from downstairs. There are good food places that are close enough to the hotel, but we ordered pizza delivery. Overall, it was a really good value for the price we paid, which was significantly lower than the hotels in Manhattan.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Audz
"Pleasant stay at Best Western"
We had an enjoyable time. The staff was very friendly.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great value"
We arrived at 10a, front desk staff, offered us breakfast. Kumkum in one of the dining rooms was GREAT!. Really helpful and welcoming. Gave us directions for the subway .and genuinely concerned for our well being. Kumar at the front desk was pleasant and accommodating. As a former NYer...I was Wowed. !
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Gladys
My experience was very nice. It is a great area very close to the city. Parking was an extra fee but we just parked on the street. The staff was very helpful and polite. I would stay again. The room was very nice and we had a great view of the city.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"5 min subway ride into the city."
Check-in went smooth and fast. I asked to split my payment and deposit with 3 diff payment methods and they accommodated with ease. The room wasn't that big and our view was of the side of the building next door but it was clean and did the job. We asked for extra towels and they brought them up right away. The location of the hotel isn't that great, seems like the hotel was just dropped between a auto shop and Chinese restaurant. The great thing is its a block away from the subway and a 5-10 minute ride on the F train directly into times square and the heart of the city. We went for the July 4th weekend and that was convenient. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Shawn
"Perfect location!"
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was happy with my stay. First, the neighborhood is not the best, but as long as you're cool, friendly, and aware you'll be fine. I always got a good laugh at the corner store on 40th ave. The continental breakfast was decent. Subway stop on the next block. Short cab ride from LaGuardia Airport. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Had a view of manhattan and could see the Empire State bldg. I would definitely stay there again.
Sandra
"Close to F train station, but be quick about it"
The hotel was a great price and the staff were very friendly. It is just over the water from Manhatten. I would google map your search, because I understood I was a little closer to my conference when I booked. The neighborhood seems very run down and I felt I had to walk faster to feel a little safer getting from subway to hotel door. Maybe this is because I am not used to the big city suburbs, if I lived there I may have a different opinion. Room was great and bed comfortable. I stayed in Mid-June and AC worked well. Breakfast was fine, there was zero variation over the week I stayed. However, there were many things to choose from; good coffee for hotel standards, bagels, donuts, croissants, toast, apples, oranges, cereal, pancakes, sausage patties and eggs. It was great to be able to grab a bite to eat and go. Bagels tasted very fresh. It is a great value for NYC. I was on my own, if I was with my family or friends I may have felt a little more comfortable walking to the and from the subway each day.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014