All hotels in State College, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1274 N Atherton St, State College, PA, 16803, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"penn state visit"
Room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical. We have booked another stay.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Margot
The hotel was very clean, and the staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
My experience at the hotel was enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room were clean, and the breakfast was great!
Kai
"My experience in State College at the Quality Inn"
I stayed at this hotel whenever I went to the SWAN quarterly in January. It helped make the experience more comfortable and welcoming. They accomplished this through the friendly staff, especially the ladies who worked the front desk and the breakfast ladies. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the breakfast food was hot and plentiful. I liked the fact that the room was so modestly priced, and yet so spacious, clean, warm, and inviting. I had two nights of solid sleep without worry. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to save some money and still not sacrifice comfort.
"Friendly staff"
A very good experience. The breakfast staff was especially friendly and courteous. Started each day on a very positive note.
Kai
"So Good! What a surprise."
I was participating in a workshop at Penn State. This was one of the recommended hotels, and was well priced at $79 per night, where other recommended places to stay were $40 and $50 dollars more per night. The hotel was conveniently located minutes from the campus.The first plus was the friendliness, efficiency and knowledge of the staff. They were genuinely friendly, and checking in was like talking to friends. It was immediately evident that the hotel was spotlessly clean. I entered my room and it was also spotless, well appointed and much bigger than I expected. It had a free standing cabinet style closet, which I usually don't like, but because of the size of the room the closet was well placed so you could get to it easily, was large enough to hold all my hanging items and also held an iron and ironing board. Two full length mirrors on the doors were easily usable as the closet was well placed within the large room. Comfy easy chair, ottoman and a great desk for my computer with plenty of plugs for chargers etc. rounded out my extremely positive first impression. The bathroom was large and also spotlessly clean, and had nice toiletries along with a sign that if I forgot anything complementary replacements were available at the desk. I was delighted by how comfortable the bed was and by the fine quality of the linens. I slept like a log! Waking up I went down to an absolutely amazing free breakfast buffet, again with a smiling, helpful, friendly staff.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Alan
Friendly efficient staff. The room was very clean and comfortable.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Convenient location, clean rooms, helpful staff. Pets are welcome. Breakfast offered in the morning.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
madelyn
"comfortable and clean"
just a quick overnight - hotel was clean and comfortable. would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Jenna
"Pet friendly"
We like it here because it is clean and pet friendly
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
scott
"great value, clean + Friendly staff"
Very Friendly staff...even breakfast Lady very friendly + helpful! Great hotel for price...highly recommend!
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Dawn
"At least I had a place to sleep..."
When I first walked into the room it smelled a bit like cigarettes. When it was time to shower I noticed the tub could have used some cleaning. I wish the room were cleaner because the staff was pretty good. At least I had a place to sleep. A very hard, stained, uncomfortable mattress that is.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Great place for a low price!"
The Quality Inn Penn State is the perfect place to stay if you need a place for a night or two. I cannot say enough good things about the staff- we had booked online, but accidentally booked a room with two double beds instead of a king. After we got to our room and realized the mistake, we went back to the desk and they were happy to accommodate the switch. The rooms, while slightly dated (the only reason I'm not giving the hotel condition a perfect 5), were extremely clean and well appointed. I noticed a couple of cracks in the wall under the bathroom sink, but that really didn't bother me at all. Cleanliness IS a big deal to me, and the place was spotless. The beds were comfy, and I was glad that there were complimentary toiletries, as I had neglected to pack some of these (this trip was rather last minute). The second night we stayed there, we ended up having our son with us (also unexpectedly). Again, the staff was happy to switch us yet again, to adjoining rooms. I so appreciated their flexibility and the fact that they never once treated us like we were being a hassle. The hotel also has a complimentary hot breakfast each morning, which was a pleasant surprise given the low price that we paid for our room ($60/night!!). I would definitely stay there again if I needed to go back to the Penn State area.
2 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
Katherine
"Had a great stay!"
Was there to pack up my daughter for winter break, had a great stay, Great Hotel, awesome location and staff was awesome.
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Hotel allows dogs - noisy"
The hotel appeared clean enough. We did not realize that it was a hotel that allowed dogs. Obviously we heard a dog barking in the room next to ours periodically through the night. We had some mild allergy issues. If you are a dog lover without allergies, you will like this hotel.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great hotel and affordable."
Staff were friendly and our room was very clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Sandra
Comfortable beds, clean. Decent room for a short stay.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"This place did its job, and I'd return"
This was a perfectly clean, safe, quiet place to spend three nights. (Actually, it wasn't quite as quiet as it could have been, as conversations in the corridor outside my door occasionally came through. Maybe they should put up signs reminding people to use their indoor voices.) The continental breakfast was OK, but it was available until 10:00 a.m., the most important thing in my book. If you want to stock the fridge, there are two supermarkets just up the street.
3 night trip Nov 20, 2014
"The price is right"
Good location, low price, decent restaurants close by.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Stranded in Penn State PA"
I was stranded on interstate 80 West for over 4 hours on my way back to Michigan. While I was thankful that I was able to call and book a hotel, the staff were unable to give me directions to the hotel from 11 miles away-I exited at the college and the road was closed in both directions. When I called the hotel to ask for directions she was unable to do so, stating that she wasn't from the area. It seems like when the hotel hires employees, that they should be able to pull up map quest directions and give a customer directions. I ended up spending another driving around trying to find the hotel, which was very frustrating.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Fine hotel."
We stayed with a toddler and dog. They did a good job of giving us a room that would be quieter.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
The Quality in was very clean. The staff was professional. The breakfast was fabulous. And best of all, it is just around the corner from where my daughter will live.
"State College Stay"
The smoking section was located right outside the front entrance and the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming when I first arrived. It was brought in each time the door opened. Otherwise, the facility was a great value.
4 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
The stay was very comfortable, rooms were clean, hotel staff are very friendly and helping. The breakfast was great as well. Only thing that bothered me a little was that there were too many dogs accompanied in this hotel. Every time we would leave and come back we hear to past by at least 2 dogs. Maybe a separate part should be there just for pets, so that they can be away from high traffic areas. Otherwise the hotel was great.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
K.B.
"Good overnight stay."
Visiting grandson at State College. Had a problem with a barking dog which was taken care of in very short order by the front desk. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would stay there, again.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
John N
"good and clean"
comfortable with fair price.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Comfotsble stay"
Beds sere comfortable, room was quite and hotel was at a convenient location
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"decent hotel and convenient"
This hotel is very convienent to penn state campus, large bathroom, decent breakfast, nice staff, good price (wasn't a football or parents weekend.) My only complaint is that the ceiling heater in bathroom did not work. They take pets
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
"Affordable"
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing really special about the hotel or room, but it was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Good for business"
It was an excellent business experience. Breakfast was fantastic and the service was great.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
I felt free to come and go. Staff was easy and friendly. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed and pillows
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great Experience. Would recommend."
Just needed a basic room for a two day conference. Got in at 2am the first night due to a delayed flight, and the staff were unbelievably pleasant at such a God-awful hour in the morning and had the room keys ready to go. Room was clean and comfortable. Would stay again.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Wonderful stay!"
Really enjoyed our stay. We will return there next time we get that way.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Randal
"Close to PSU Campus"
Staff was friendly and resourceful about the area.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Weekend trip to visit sons at PSU"
This was our first visit to the Quality Inn in State College and it was a very plesant experience. The value received for the nightly rate paid was great. Staff was very friendy and accomodating.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Anne
Convenient and comfortable.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Close to Penn State -- Friendly Staff"
Nice discount hotel. Right on main road that leads to Penn State. Friendly staff and good free breakfast.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great Place for 1-2 Nights in State College"
I stayed at this hotel during a recent road trip while stopping over to visit a friend in State College. This hotel was great for what I needed - a safe, comfortable, and inexpensive place to stay the night. I checked in late, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. While the hotel was definitely not the fanciest, my room was clean and my bed was comfortable. The breakfast was also quite good. I didn't stay long enough to try any of the other amenities, but overall the hotel seemed to be well kept.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Very nice and convenient to Penn State campus"
was there for a week, very clean and helpful, good breakfast choices, close to campus, a lot of shopping and food near by
5 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Underrated rating"
Great price, great quality, great service. I don't understand the low rating
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Billy Heller
"Very good hotel for the cost"
The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast area was well stocked and managed. The location was very close to the University; great place to stay for a visit to Penn State!
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nice, inexpensive hotels in State College"
It was great. The hotel is conveniently located on Atherton Street in State College, PA. Check-in was a breeze, staff great and the room a good size. The bed and pillows were made for sleeping. This is my first experience at this particular hotel and I am so pleased with it I will not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Room comfortable and clean."
Room clean and comfortable. Could use some larger pillows on the beds but overall experience was very good. Was a pet friendly hotel which barking was heard occasionally. Didn't bother us but thought it noteworthy in the review. I would definitely stay again. Already booked at another hotel we usually stay at in October, but would rather stay here again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Good accommodation for PSU stay"
Conveniently located north of University, close to food and shopping. Comfortable sleeping accommodations. Generous continental breakfast.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Excellent value!
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
We found the staff, room, and location very accommodating. Very nice breakfast, also.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Don't expect a wake up call"
Overall the hotel is what it is... For the cost & proximity to campus it works - don't expect to get 5 star service. Shower and beds were decent but my biggest complaint is I had a work function early in the AM & asked for a 5:30 wake up call & it never came through. To me, that is a deal breaker, as I've never stayed at a hotel & requested a wake up call & not received it. This was extra annoying since it was a work function. So long Quality Inn.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Great location,Great staff, Great service"
Can't wait to come again in Oct.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Joe Marrazzo
"One night stay."
Decent hotel...right for the price. Good breakfast
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
It was a very nice hotel.The staff was friendly and the rooms spotless. Will definitely be a regular on my trips to Penn State.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2014