All hotels in Banff, Alberta, Canada

• Value
    Good internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
I had a very comfortable stay at King Edward. It's in a great location in the middle of everything. The staff is not great and the parking is a little irritating but I would definitely recommend!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Disappointed with confusion"
Pretty disappointed with the size of the room site should be more specific and my parents booked for me while travelling in the U.S. Please clarify if the booking is American or Canadian. All Canadians should automatically charged Canadian currency.
2 night business trip May 27, 2015
"king edwards banff"
Good price and location......spartan accomodations
2 night trip May 27, 2015
terry
"Hotel has a great location but that's about it."
We are a well traveled couple and I haven't seen a Hotel like that in a while. Do not stay there is ouer recommendation.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Roman & Gabby
"Great location, warm and helpful staff!"
The room was small but very cozy and clean. (except for the mattress, way too hard for me! - which is an individual preference I suppose) No aircon so they gave us a fan and the window opened up to let in a nice cool breeze. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, I would highly recommend this hotel, all in all a wonderful experience in Banff!
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Patsy Schnare
"Great place!"
My friend and I stayed here for my birthday this past weekend and the King Edward was great! The rooms were a little small but to be honest we didn't need any more space because we were out walking around Banff for the most part. The location was amazing, right on the main strip and walking distance to all the shops and places to eat. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others that are looking for a cheaper place to stay that's located in the city centre. Clean rooms, we had a mini fridge and bathrooms were good...forgot my hair dryer but they had one in the room as well. Thanks for a great stay!
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Elisabeth
"Best value in Banff"
Great value right in the middle of Banff. Well below the price of anywhere else, and having paid double for a room in Jasper the night before I was more than happy with this hotel. Granted it wasn't the biggest or fanciest I've stayed in but if you are looking for a clean, centrally located place to stay at a more than reasonable price, this is the best in Banff.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Comfortable stay"
Hotel was comfortable and clean, the staff friendly, but rooms are very small with poor lighting, also only one chair in the room
2 night trip May 30, 2013
International Traveller

"Great bargain and location"
You can't beat the price and certainly not the location. Its right in town in the centre of everything. They have $20 vouchers for the Banff |Brewing company ($10) a great bargain and place to eat and drink some local craft beer
3 night trip Jan 24, 2016
Frederick
Room was clean and great location. Small room however, and the fact that you have to carry your luggage a block and through a parkade to the building sucks.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
Amber
The King Edward was fine, mostly because of the location. The staff were friendly, and it was satisfactory overall. If you have a large vehicle you may not want to opt in for the hotel's parking deal. The stalls are very small, and our F150 would not fit.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Levi
"good location, basic rooms."
Quiet, clean bit pretty basic. was great for a place to sleep while wandering around Banff. Staff was pretty decent and professional.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2016
Stayed for a wedding up the street from our hotel. Nice comfortable room for price.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"Not that great."
The hotel is in a perfect spot in town, right downtown easy walk anywhere. Can be a bit noisy with the night life though. The room itself was disappointing. Dated, and in need of some love and updates. The bed was very uncomfortable and the room itself was quite cold. Walls are very thin too. I had a terrible sleep and I don't think I will stay there again. I wouldn't recommend unless you are on a tight budget and need to be right down town.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Jenn
"Right in the heart of banff"
Clean, quiet and right by everything. Heated, secured parking
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
T
"An Excellent Stay"
This was surprisingly a delightful hotel to stay in. Being in the heart (read middle) of Banff it was close to everything...every store and every restaurant! The room was not large but certainly cozy and clean with excellent linens! The bathroom, though old, was VERY clean and we were provided with unique extras we have not seen before... like a small shaving kit (which my husband needed!), a comb, sewing kits and makeup accessories of make up cotton balls and q-tips. All these were provided in uniquely branded King Edward Hotel boxes! We were also surprised to find 2 pair of pkged slippers to wear around in the room! One thing to be aware of is that the front desk area is a tiny cubicle with one staff member at the front entrance. The elevator to both floors is right at hand and a key must be used in the elevator to access the guest rooms. We like this feature - we felt safe and secure. As well be aware that there is no parking on site - free parking is provided around the block - in parkade behind the hotel.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"King Edward hotel, Banff review"
Good front desk service, clean room, fantastic location, but the bed was not comfortable.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Jolaine
Comfortable room, clean and great location in the city center. The staff was very helpful.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Ms. E
"Backup plan when Banff Springs is full"
The décor is quite dated given the room price. Very 1960s. Great location.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"Late booking in Banff"
This was a last-minute, sort of emergency booking because the highway to Jasper was closed. The price was good considering the situation. We rented two rooms; one single room for one couple and a "suite" that slept four. The suite was very small and one couple slept on two single beds. For the price, and right in the heart of Banff it was ok. The hotel suited our purpose, especially the nice location. The parking is a bit awkward, about a block away in a public parking lot.
1 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
Alan
"Great Locaton"
The hotel rooms are small and the beds weren't that comfortable. However, the location is fantastic so don't plan to spend a lot of time in the room!
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Tamara
On a busy street but uiet at night. Good amenities. Parking is two blocks away. Comfortable room. Would stay there gai.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Only choose if you can't afford a taxi cab"
My partner and I stayed at the King Edward for one night. It was a Wednesday, and it was overpriced, yet still more affordable than the hotel we usually stay at. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It was dirty- I found an old tampon applicator and wrapping behind a bedside table. The entire place just seemed run down, and it usually is much more expensive than the well-maintained hotels further down Banff Ave. If you require a close hotel to stumble home to, book this. But if you want a semi-classy hotel stay, further away from downtown. I have stayed in Banff more than 25 times, at 6 hotels. This was by far the worst.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
Jenna
It was nice
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"No Air Conditioning"
Clean and comfortable. But don't expect a romantic getaway here. The location is PRIME! Right in the middle of the main drag. If the listing says it has air conditioning... It doesn't. Call to confirm.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
Jimmy
"My top pick"
I always pick this hotel over other because of its location, rates and room availability.
1 night trip May 8, 2015
"Awesome location!"
Only stayed for a night- comfy sleep; can hear the train in the distance. Walking distance to shopping/food/bars.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Monica
it was your typical cheap hotel room had a few problems but nothing serious.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"A one yr olds first visit!"
First time visit to Banff for my daughter , her boyfriend and our grandson. Hotel is very central in the heart of Banff. Staff were friendly and rooms are easily accessible and clean. Our tv did not work but oh well. No need for tv in Banff.
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Anita
Nice hotel and rooms.. Uncomfortably hot. The hot air blew in to the room all day and all night. It made the air very dry.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Zoe
"Banff"
Booked a different room at another hotel room was tiny beds not big enough
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2015
"Nice Hotel, Great location!"
Except for the elevator issues and also the smoke alarm coming on while taking a shower because the bathroom fan wasn't working. order than those two issues, our stay was good! Love the location especially, and also love the view we got from the room.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Natasha
"Nice for price"
For the price, provided your intent is not to stay in your room, I would recommend staying here. The location is prime - right in the middle of everything!!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
dawn
"Loud and abnoxious people go to this hotel"
Terrible nights sleep and loud in hallways. Never again.
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Matthew
"Reasonably priced for downtown Banff."
I was looking for a hotel in Banff but I didn't want to break my budget. All I wanted was a clean, comfortable room and in town - the King Edward Hotel. It's not deluxe accommodations (it could use updating and better sound proofing) but it was clean and in central Banff. For the price I paid, I can't complain!
2 night trip Mar 29, 2015
Lori
"Visit to Banff"
Mattress near the window was worn out and sagged. Room 204
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"An affordable stay in the heart of Banff"
Reading the reviews before straying here is as suspicious of this hotel. would I like it? would I be able to sleep? Well i can say that after staying there for three nights It's a lot better then some people say. You do have to keep the cost you are paying in mind but My wife and I enjoyed out stay the room was clean well lit and we never felt uncomfortable. The bed could be softer but for the $50 a night we saved on our trip that we could spend on food and seeing the sights it was worth it. Speaking of food, this hotel is in a fantastic location. there are more than 20 good restaurants in a 5 minute walk of this pace. We had fantastic meals and enjoyed being so close to everything. Plenty of parking in the area and there is a nice grocery store nearby to grab snacks and supplies for a walk or a hike.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Luc
Do I have to?
2 night trip Feb 25, 2015
Mitchell
"Great location,"
A get away for my wife and I. the location was awesome. Room was really small. Mattress needs to be replaced.
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Kenton
"Excellent value."
I stayed at a 3 star hotel previously in Banff and it was fine but I prefer the King Edward. It's clean, comfortable, conveniently located and has friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Decent hotel right downtown"
If you can get past the feeling you're staying in a spare room at your Grandparents house which was nice and new in 1980, then it is a great place to stay for a night or 3. When in Banff, you're not there to stay in a hotel, but go out and experience the nature, have a nice dinner, and maybe some nightlife. The room is for sleeping, and I slept fine, better than any other room in Banff I've stayed in due to the "2am rowdy's". The rooms could use some updating, but for $83/night, I'll take the 80's/70's decor and the location any day over some other hotel further down the road with upgraded decor at twice the price. Hotel room was clean, had clean towels, in room coffee maker, flat screen TV, and friendly staff. Off street parking was not a problem.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"It's was comfortable,clean and quiet"
Staff was really friendly and helpful the beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The location can't be beat being right down town banff. I would defiantly stay again.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nice hotel, location was great!"
Elevator wasn't working, little noise from trains going by cus the hotel is beside a train track
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Natasha
"Great hotel. Great price"
The King Edward is a really nice old hotel. For the price we paid we were expecting something pretty crap, but what we got was a nice, comfortable, fully functioning hotel with really great staff. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Bathroom is clean and has everything you need. We stayed 6 nights and could easily have stayed longer. If you're travelling on a budget this place is great value for money. It can get a little loud as it is right on the main street with a lot of bars and restaurants nearby, but overall a great stay
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great price for a great location"
Just needed a room for one night for me and two friends and this was a great spot.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Cheap and cheerful"
I got an updated room which was well decorated. The walls are thin. The location is central. The staff are nice.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2015
"Cozy, convenient, & clean"
Stayed for one night very last minute, booked online right before walking in & they had already received my booking like a minute later. Left early in the morning so we didn't explore the rest of the hotel & didn't use any of the amenities. Only thing is they charge a deposit to debit/credit that I didn't know about until we got there but you receive it back in cash in the morning. We got a room with just 1 queen bed & it wasn't too small, comfy for 2 people, & very clean. Bathroom was nice & the location & looking over Banff ave was nice. If we were staying longer, we would've liked to have had a fridge & microwave though.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Sherisse
"perfect location"
Great location close to downtown shopping and restaurants! Would definately stay here again! The Hotel staff were friendly and the room was great for the price we paid!!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Basic"
very basic hotel, but right in banff and fairly quiet. it was cheap and was practical if you're there for a night between ski days!
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
Lawrence
"okay"
The hotel was great but the parking stinks
1 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014