All hotels in Chocowinity, North Carolina, United States of America
3635 Us Highway 17 S, Chocowinity, NC, 27817, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

Room was clean and bed was comfortable...Thats it for the positives. Stayed there for my daughters graduation at ECU. The refrig did not work. The AC would cut off every couple of mins. I finally figured out the drapes were trapping the cool air and screwing up the thermostatic. Once I tuck the draps, I got it running. Clothing iron was missing from the room. Parking lot trash cans running over the entire weekend with beer bottles.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
stewart
"Family Saddness"
There was a death in the family.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Phyllis
"quiet small town atmosphere"
Nice enough hotel. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. We got lost getting there & he talked us to the front door!
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Becky
"Would stay again"
Very friendly staff. Room was clean but television service was sketchy. We would stay there again. Good value for the money.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Wendy
"8.236/10 Would stay again."
Stayed for two nights. Everything seemed to be in good condition and the room was clean. The chair in the room was a little hard, but the desk area was nice. The bed was decent, my s/o and I had a little trouble sleeping but it was more just being in a different bed then anything else. We easily acquired the WiFi code by calling the front desk, Neal the GM was very helpful. Chocowinity is quite small, there is a Food Lion just down the street, and everything in Washington is about 4 miles away. If I were passing through that area again the Baymont Inn would be my first choice.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
Edwin
"Good deal!"
Very friendly staff. Clean, quiet room for the price. I'll definitely stay here again when passing through this area.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Rested..."
Very relaxing...
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Outstanding Experience"
This was my first time staying at this location, but if I return to the area, it will certainly be my first choice. The front desk staff was more than accommodating with any requests or concerns that I had. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms, and good amenities.
3 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Had a great stay, accept for the first night when I asked for some extra towels, they had none. Other than that, pretty good.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Staff was very friendly, room was clean, but lobby had terrible odor! The toilet paper holders were both broken in our bathroom and the towels were a little thin and rough, and there was only one towel for two people. Overall hotel was just okay.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For!"
We stayed here a few days while attending a football game at ECU. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the football stadium, and was almost a straight shot to campus, which was great. The hotel was nothing special, but served its purpose - it was reasonably priced, and did the job for a short stay. There was a nice burger joint down the street in the shopping center with a Food Lion, and a gas station right at the corner. The other hotel guests were a little loud and rowdy but I'm not sure if that was a regular occurrence or because of the football game. The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and nice - a bonus. Again, nothing special, and you get what you pay for, no more, no less. That's actually pretty good considering some places you wish you could get your money back after staying there!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
We stayed two nights and they never cleaned the room. When we asked for fresh bath towels the front desk said we had to come to them and pick them up. We asked if they would adjust the bill but they said because it was booked through expedia they could not do anything?
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Worn hotel"
The first impressions are worn out handles to the glass doors entering the lobby. The view from the walkway to all of the adjacent properties was of ramshackle torn off tin roofs. Our room had 1/2 roll of TP and no tissue. The shower head was clogged with hard water deposits and was 70% flowing. The TV was a small bedroom size and the dish reception was far from adequate. When trying to check out, I could hear the manager on duty chatting away in the back room on an obviously personal call (there is a security camera in the corner and I felt as though he must know someone was out there and just didn't care). It took him 10 minutes with my standing waiting to finally return to the counter to accept the keys and tell me I could not have a receipt because my Expedia email was my receipt.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Gail
Overall, the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave, so that was nice. We came to visit our son in Greenville, so this was not a desirable location for us. It took 30 minutes to get to and from Greenville. The front lobby smelled, so we didn't attempt to have breakfast there. There were not many places to eat nearby, and the surrounding run-down businesses made the hotel less attractive.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Nice and very spacious room for a very reasonable price! I had no complaints
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Quaint country hotel"
Overall it was clean and the customer service was good. We were there for a family reunion and the staff told us all about the local food places and attractions.
3 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"Slipping...fast"
6th stay at this hotel. While it started off as a gem for the price, the upkeep is slipping, and the surrounding neighborhood becomes more noticable when the quality of the hotel goes down. Beds were awesome 8 months ago, now are marginal at best. The last 3 times I stayed my room door wouldn't close by itself; this time I had to force it closed. Being an outside door, this is a big issue...really big. The neighborhood is sketchy...not as bad as it looks, but doesn't provide the feeling of comfort for an out-of-towner that one would hope for. There's a property on the north side of the building that has some incredible racket coming from it..birds or something...sounds like 20 screaming chimpanzees every once in a while. Add these slips to my original criticisms...small things that aren't much on their own but when combined with slipping levels of comfort become bigger deals (no Office suite on the guest computer, tiny coffee cups in the lobby, limited channels on the TV, etc). I won't be staying here again, there are other options in town that are similarly priced and better value for money.
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Drew
"Nice room accommodations, near to Washington"
REASONABLY PRICED, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE AND EVERYTHING WORKED...ac, microwave, refrigerator, TV, etc. However, location in a fairly depressed area was not good and because we wished to be on the top floor, the absence of an elevator and only outside steps, was VERY unsatisfactory!! Some minor, but glaring problems were no suitable wall receptacle to hold the toilet paper and some of the water leaked from the shower each time to create a small puddle on the floor. Documented these problems at the desk and it was well received. Inside and outside hallways were littered and unkempt. Breakfast was adequate and the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall rating...a shaky 3
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Not the best scenery, but staff was great"
This motel is 4.5 miles from the center of town. The rooms were clean, but the bathrooms are tiny. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"thank goodness they had another room!"
We stayed in this hotel on our way back home. Rate was adequate, hotel was clean and check in agent was very nice. Even when we had a HUGE waterbug in our room, David was kind enough to try and get it out and offered us a new room! Other than that, it was ok to stay for an overnight rest stop!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Mel
"Comfortable stay"
Stayed a couple of nights while visiting aurora, staff were all very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and tidy on arrival. Would stay again on a trip to the area as was excellent value for the money compared to hotels in the area . TV channels limited for kids but we weren't in the room enough to worry between being out all day and a dip in the pool ;)
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Lee
"Children of the corn shot here!"
For using it as a hotel for us to stay at when we got back from vacationing - it was perfect. Only complaint was that we couldn't take a bath. The beds were awesome and everything worked fine. The front desk clerk was very accommodating when I was running late due to my 8 hour drive and reassured me that my reservation would be kept. If I had to stay there again, I would.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Off of the "beaten path" but a very pleasant location and staff.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Very nice hotel for the price"
We had a relative getting married in the area and were staying here for the wedding. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. It was very good for the price paid. Nothing elaborate or anything, but for the price it was just what we were looking for. If we travel back to the area I would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Blake
"Clean comfortable and quiet"
Breakfast was often under stocked . Pool adequate. Clean.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
DL
"I would definately recommend very nice"
I enjoyed my stay the room was clean, pool was open and very clean, very close to town and grocery as well as fast food. I would definitely recommend to everyone.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Nc Babygirl
The surrounding neighborhood was a little run down, but the hotel was surprisingly nice. I wasn't expecting much for the price and location, but it was clean, no weird smells, well appointed.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
Lynn
Great place for the price. They did a nice job on the upgrade.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
"clean and affordable"
An excellent place to stay for a weekend getaway. Close to Washington, but rural enough to not be "busy." Room was very clean and comfortable. TV channels were lacking, but not unbearable. Continental breakfast was great with Belgian waffles, cereals, muffins, yogurts, fruits, pastries, and gravy biscuits. All in all, a very nice hotel, with friendly staff. I would stay there again. Only about 25 minutes to Bath, and 5 minutes to Washington.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2014
albob
"Convient to Aurora Festival"
Air conditioner wasn't working correctly. People who stayed there were not considerate of others--loud, lots of running up and down halls. Breakfast was not well maintained. Every morning we needed coffee, they were out of pastries, ran out of everything even though it was open until 9:30. We ate about 7:30 or 8:00
3 night trip May 22, 2014
Horace R. Yates
Nice hotel with light breakfast available. Children enjoyed the pool. Close to major roads.
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
Regina
"Great value for the money. Friendly staff"
Front desk staff very very nice and helpful. Great value for the money. Comfortable beds and nice bedding.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"little things"
Comfy room, very comfy bed, great rate. Couple things that knock it down...First my door didn't close on its own...big thing. Second, and while it seems small it's big to me..tiny coffee cups make for a very frustrating morning. Third, no MS Office on the hotel computer. For leisure travelers this isn't a big deal, but if you need something printed that was emailed for a meeting the next morning..ugh. Friendly staff, clean hotel, again..very very comfy beds. The neighborhood isn't bad, but there's not much surrounding it at all. If you're looking for a comfy place at a good rate and don't need big coffee cups or anything printed (or anything to do within a few miles) I recommend this place with no reservations.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Excellent value"
This was an excellent value for a one-night stay. Will stay again. Room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
"Very nice and affordable. Short drive to ECU"
We stayed here while attending my daughters graduation at ECU. It was a 20-30 minute easy drive to the college campus. I found the room very spacious, clean and bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast was nothing special but pretty much typical of continental breakfast's. We did not use the pool but it looked clean cooling . A very nice place and price was right. I saw some of the reviews and was concerned about the ones that spoke of bugs. I did NOT see one bug in the room and I fully inspected the beds and all was very clean. I even looked behind the refrigerator in the room thinking that would be where I would hide if I was a bug and all was clean. Would recommend this place as a clean comfortable lodging.
Other trip May 12, 2014
I booked the room as it was the closest available room for the date I needed. The location right off route 17 would have been ideal if not for the detour on route 33. As for the room, it was quiet, and clean, all I needed after a 13 hour drive. I didn't take advantage of the facilities offered, pool, breakfast, Wi-Fi but it met my need just the same, when in the area again I would revisit Beaumont.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"RFS Overnight Stay"
Motel was fine very convenient for our purposes but it was showing some need for repair. Just little things that needed attention; falling seams in shower, broken cover on A/C unit, broken electric outlet covers. Other than that great stay.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Rick and Anita
"Clean and quaint hotel close to Washington, NC"
The young lady on staff was quite helpful regarding directions and amenities.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"not the best"
for one night...yea
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
carlton
"Nice and Cheap!"
Just wanted to get away and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room and even cooked a delicious waffle for breakfast. Great price!
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Good hotel"
The staff was very friendly. They fixed the internet issue promptly. Check out was very quick.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"Nice quiet area. Close to stores, food, etc"
Hot water not working in our part of hotel. Issues w/ pipe break. Moved 2 diff room ASAP w/ no problems. Employees should have been made aware NOT 2 book that section. Otherwise staff was nice, helpful & room was clean!!
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
"Trip to Aurora Fossil Museum"
We just returned from a trip with our grandchildren to visit the Aurora Fossil Museum in Aurora NC for our grandson's birthday. The Baymont Inn & Suites seems to be the closest hotel to the museum. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and service. The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was the typical continental fare. Chocowinity is a very small town with a Hardees and a Burger King nearby but not much else. So we spent most of our time in nearby Washington NC for restaurants and other entertainment. We also took the ferry from Aurora to BayView over the beautiful Pamlico River and drove through historic Bath and back into Washington. Overall it was an enjoyable "adventure" weekend with the grandkids. And the Baymont was adequate for our needs.
3 night family trip Jan 17, 2014
Marsha Minnick
"Worth the Inexpensive Price"
Nice hotel for a short stay. Price was perfect for how long I was staying. Not much in the way of food in the local area but again, can't complain considering how inexpensive it was
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
"Nice, clean and comfortable"
Very clean, staff was friendly.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
chris
"Not a bad drive from ECU"
Checked in at 11:30 PM. Great service on a cold night. Found the room warm and clean. Clean, comfortable beds. Great breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Hidden Gem"
Wow! What a surprise when I checked in. I had a big clean room with a fresh smell. Kudos to the room servicing staff! Check-in was a breeze. Care and comfort is first priority at Baymont Inn & Suites. I'll stay here again!!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"FANTASTIC"
Easy, and will definitely book again when in the area. Staff was very friendly, and service was excellent. Fast and convenient. Couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Stacy Moore
"Baymont near Washington, NC"
Hotel was very comfortable & value for money.Breakfast area was clean & good selection for quick "on the road" breakfast.Very good meals at Apollo's Steakhouse & Down on Mainstreet, in Washington, NC.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
"Very good Very good"
Arrived late, easy access to the room, only confusion was the frig was not pre-cooled, otherwise good value for a single nite sleep.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013