All hotels in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
725, boulevard du Seminaire Nord, Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC, J3B 8H1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Les chambres ont besoin d'une mise à jour, en particulier les salles de bain (rouille dans l'évier, tuyauterie produisant des bruits inquiétants, etc.), mais bon service, bonne formule petit déjeuner.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Gouverneur Relais Saint Jean

"Convenient location"
06/17/15 Benoit L Shawinigan, Canada
The hotel was nice and conveniently located near the highway. The room was clean, the iron was working and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was also good and simple. Overall that was a good experience. I would recommend for someone going on a business trip in the area.
06/16/15 Dongnan New York City, New York
We stayed one night after we visited Montreal city. the room was very clean, so was the bed and linen. room size was quite big and beds too. hotel very close to the US border so it's very convenience . staff were friendly and speak both French and English.
"King Bed suite fairly large"
06/12/15 Pweb44 Rothesay, Canada
My wife and I along with our daughter were in the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu for a Judo event and this property was the host hotel for the weekend. We originally thought we booked a two queen bedroom unit but upon check-in we were given a king bed suite. This worked out well as it gave us plenty of room including a pull out couch in which our daughter slept and the king bed which was comfortable; the only draw back in the bed was the pillows were a little thin for my liking but we made due with the pillows. Along with the standard hotel room amenities the room included a bar fridge good for keeping drinks or snacks cold. During check-in the staff was very friendly and even though I speak very little French I did try to conduct the interaction in as much French as I could supply but the lady was very nice and was able to speak English when I was stuck trying to convey my next thought or statement. I think she appreciated I was attempting to speak French and was willing to take pity on me but I find that is normal within the greater Montreal area. The room was very clean and restocked each day during our stay. The water pressure was really strong and the temperature did run more to the hot side but knowing this we simply adjusted the temp to a comfortable level. Being this was the host hotel for the Canadian Judo Championship the property was full while we were there but the noise was not an issue, either inside the halls or from the street. The hotel is set on the corner of a busy street and near an off ramp for the highway but I would not say the traffic was anything to keep us from sleeping even though we were on the 6th floor. There is a restaurant in the hotel but there are places to eat across the street and within a 5 min drive as well. The pool area was clean but we did not have much time to enjoy this feature of the property. Overall this is a good location to stay as it is an easy off/on hotel and is close to plenty of places to eat in the near by area. If you are looking to visit Montreal this would be fairly removed from the city itself but does offer plenty of things to do and see in the region.
"Do not stay here!!!"
05/24/15 Christine8sh
Long term known Water problem, water runs extreamly hot and cold suddenly. Hair dryer is broken. Terrible customer service. No onsite mangers and front desk is not willing to call the manager either. No accommodation for customers. Stay away from this hite!!!
"Not great value for the money spent."
05/23/15 Mandy D Ottawa, Canada
The bed wasn't very comfortable, it was sunken in the middle. There was no conditioner in the bathroom, just conditioning shampoo. The doorknob on the bathroom door was falling off. I did call for a wifi code, cause my room number and name wasn't working but the guy never got back to me even though he said he would. Aside from that, the location was awesome and the lady at the front desk was very pleasant. Breakfast was nice, buffet-style, but wasn't included in the price.
"We had our Board meetings and Annual Meeting in this facility."
03/23/15 Phyllis H Guelph, Canada
The staff made every effort to ensure our stay was enjoyable and our meetings had all the equipment and food required. The accommodated for extra individuals with a smile and staff were always professional. They accommodated situations where individuals had not registered or had special needs with asmile. They always made strides to ensure our guests were happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to companies or individuals visiting the area.
"At least we had a place to stay :-("
11/23/14 Fee C Newark, New Jersey
I was a part of a group bus tour and this was our hotel for just one night. Upon walking in it was a very busy atmosphere and I was able to tell that there were a few events going on at the hotel and I paid it no mind. The check in was pretty fast. The rooms were very old and need to be updated. The room was very basic. It did not stink but did have an old smell. The walls were super thin. It was a Saturday night that we stayed at this location and they sure had a few events going on and I could here the bass and the actual music for the party in the room. I was glad that I was able to fall asleep because I was sooooo tried my body needed sleep. But if it was time for me to go to bed and I was not extremely tired, I am sure I would have went to management to have my room changed because of the noise. Beds were not to comfortable. The room were so old that I made a comment that it looks like the build us to be an apartment build that was turned into an hotel. It was just weird.
"No return for me"
10/31/14 Ser V Montreal, Canada
First of all, my room was facing the main boulevard, so I could not sleep. The first morning, woke up around 4:30 am because of the noise from the traffic, around 6:30 am, i went to elevator to go down for breakfast, but the elevator did not work, so I took the stairs from the 6th floor down to the lobby. When I got there, to my surprise, there was a fireman talking to someone and I could smell the smoke, I went to the restaurant and I asked one of the employee what is going on, she told me there was a fire in the kitchen and the hotel was evacuated earlier and she was sorry for the odor. I told her the fire alarm never rang on the 6th floor, she was very surprised and she was going to tell the owner about it. she came back later and told me, the alarm did not ring because the smoke was not thick enough. on my way back to my room someone from the 7th floor told me the alarm woke him up. Next morning, no hot water. The staff was very polite and good. the food was good too, but i don't recommend this hotel
"Nice place to stay"
08/18/14 penguinlady59 Ottawa, Ontario
My husband & I stayed here on our way to the Maritimes. Check-in was fast & friendly. Our room was spacious, clean & quiet. We didn't use the pool or their dining facility. Will stay here again if we're ever back that way.
"Not properly trained staff"
07/23/14 tals2121 Montreal, Canada
Me and my fiancé stayed here for five days. We had made a reservation on hotels.com and when arrived for our room the reservation did not exist. OK that was fine, we were able to make a new one right then and there. Later on our room we received a phone call from the receptionist who helped us book a new reservation. She had said that reservation has gone through from the website after all. Obviously we didn't want to pay for two reservations, so we canceled the one made online not knowing there would be a fee. It had to be canceled anyway and we later found out that the hotel would not refund us for what was their mistake to begin with. They said it was our choice to cancel and if we didn't they would have reimbursed us, but the receptionist is new and didn't know how things worked and told us we could cancel. If she was trained properly and knew how to make sure we would have gotten our money back for their mistake, it woukd have saved us $145.00. The staff who tried to help the next day was very unapologetic and blamed us for their mistake. As we left she was even smiling after saying how sorry she was. I'm very dissapointed in the lack of training and the attitude of the staff the next morning.