All hotels in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here725, boulevard du Seminaire Nord, Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC, J3B 8H1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

1 night trip Apr 10, 2013

Pierre
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Gouverneur Relais Saint Jean

"We had our Board meetings and Annual Meeting in this facility."
03/23/15 Phyllis H Guelph, Canada
The staff made every effort to ensure our stay was enjoyable and our meetings had all the equipment and food required. The accommodated for extra individuals with a smile and staff were always professional. They accommodated situations where individuals had not registered or had special needs with asmile. They always made strides to ensure our guests were happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to companies or individuals visiting the area.
"At least we had a place to stay :-("
11/23/14 Fee C Newark, New Jersey
I was a part of a group bus tour and this was our hotel for just one night. Upon walking in it was a very busy atmosphere and I was able to tell that there were a few events going on at the hotel and I paid it no mind. The check in was pretty fast. The rooms were very old and need to be updated. The room was very basic. It did not stink but did have an old smell. The walls were super thin. It was a Saturday night that we stayed at this location and they sure had a few events going on and I could here the bass and the actual music for the party in the room. I was glad that I was able to fall asleep because I was sooooo tried my body needed sleep. But if it was time for me to go to bed and I was not extremely tired, I am sure I would have went to management to have my room changed because of the noise. Beds were not to comfortable. The room were so old that I made a comment that it looks like the build us to be an apartment build that was turned into an hotel. It was just weird.
"No return for me"
10/31/14 Ser V Montreal, Canada
First of all, my room was facing the main boulevard, so I could not sleep. The first morning, woke up around 4:30 am because of the noise from the traffic, around 6:30 am, i went to elevator to go down for breakfast, but the elevator did not work, so I took the stairs from the 6th floor down to the lobby. When I got there, to my surprise, there was a fireman talking to someone and I could smell the smoke, I went to the restaurant and I asked one of the employee what is going on, she told me there was a fire in the kitchen and the hotel was evacuated earlier and she was sorry for the odor. I told her the fire alarm never rang on the 6th floor, she was very surprised and she was going to tell the owner about it. she came back later and told me, the alarm did not ring because the smoke was not thick enough. on my way back to my room someone from the 7th floor told me the alarm woke him up. Next morning, no hot water. The staff was very polite and good. the food was good too, but i don't recommend this hotel
"Nice place to stay"
08/18/14 penguinlady59 Ottawa, Ontario
My husband & I stayed here on our way to the Maritimes. Check-in was fast & friendly. Our room was spacious, clean & quiet. We didn't use the pool or their dining facility. Will stay here again if we're ever back that way.
"Not properly trained staff"
07/23/14 tals2121 Montreal, Canada
Me and my fiancé stayed here for five days. We had made a reservation on hotels.com and when arrived for our room the reservation did not exist. OK that was fine, we were able to make a new one right then and there. Later on our room we received a phone call from the receptionist who helped us book a new reservation. She had said that reservation has gone through from the website after all. Obviously we didn't want to pay for two reservations, so we canceled the one made online not knowing there would be a fee. It had to be canceled anyway and we later found out that the hotel would not refund us for what was their mistake to begin with. They said it was our choice to cancel and if we didn't they would have reimbursed us, but the receptionist is new and didn't know how things worked and told us we could cancel. If she was trained properly and knew how to make sure we would have gotten our money back for their mistake, it woukd have saved us $145.00. The staff who tried to help the next day was very unapologetic and blamed us for their mistake. As we left she was even smiling after saying how sorry she was. I'm very dissapointed in the lack of training and the attitude of the staff the next morning.
"Great Service"
12/26/13 Blind_Guy2013 Montreal, Canada
We had a wonderful time at the hotel. They were very accommodating to us and our special needs. I travel with my wife and my guide dog, the hotel was very accommodating and understanding the staff was extremely polite and helpful. We ate breakfast in the hotel the food was great and very well priced with great service. Our room was spacious and very clean and with enough room to move around and accommodate a guide dog with tripping over each other. The hotel was reasonably priced and would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends. I know we will be going back to spend a few nights just to get away. Mr & Mrs. Melbrew
"Friendly staff"
11/26/13 Lefty_59 Maniwaki
Nice clean hotel with a very friendly staff. The room is of average size and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small as you will see from the picture that I have included. The buffet breakfast was perhaps a bit expensive for the choice of items available. There's a bar and the barmaid was very friendly. We would definitely return to this hotel.
"A bit overpriced"
08/12/13 Expat_Chic Camden, SC
While the hotel room was quite spacious, I think it was a bit over-priced. The Wifi signal on the 6th floor was almost non-existent. The room was clean....except for the dust bunnies on the bathroom vent, and the stain or dirt on the bathroom sink overflow drain hole. The bar/restaurant closed very early, particularly if you arrive late. However, the bar staff was quite friendly; the front desk staff on the other hand.........one young lady was pleasant enough; the other one came across as VERY business-like and slightly arrogant. Her French accent almost precluded understanding her pronunciation of the name of the restaurant located across the street. Traveling to/from the hotel by taxi from the bus station will cost you about $12-$14. HOWEVER, you can take a bus (the hotel staff won't tell you that). There is a bus stop right outside the hotel. If you like to walk, and are traveling to Montreal, you can walk about 1.5km to a bus stop that is serviced by the same bus that you would catch from the bus terminal. You can also get off the Montreal bus across the divided highway from the hotel...check with the driver, though. There is no fitness center on site; however, they currently have a contract with a local gym, which is about 1.5km (same location as above-referenced bus stop) from the hotel.
"Nice place, comfortable sleep"
07/14/13 Angierobrts Harrogate, Tennessee
Nice hotel, clean. No breakfast included, and our top sheet had holes in it and was very this. Wifi signal strong, staff helpful. We slept well. For the cost of this room, breakfast should be included.
"Simple and comfortable!"
05/01/13 Ritamtl08 Montreal, Canada
One of my friends was getting married and I stayed at the Gouverneur for two nights. The rate was reasonable and of good value. As I checked in, I requested a late checkout and the staff at the reception desk had no problem arranging that. I asked for a blackberry charger as I had forgotten mine and the staff went out of their way to make sure I got one and that my stay was enjoyable ( the little things count ) The room is of a decent size, spotless and clean. I had a very comfortable stay, wasn’t disturbed by any noise or the surroundings. Overall, the hotel is pretty simple and a definite plus was the free wifi. If I had to visit again, I will definitely stay there!