All hotels in Dennis Port, Massachusetts, United States of America
79 Chase Avenue, Dennis Port, MA, 02639, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"would recommend this to any of my friends."
Front desk personnel were excellent, as friendly as I could imagine.
1 night trip with friends Aug 26, 2015
thomas
"Will return"
we absolutely loved our stay (studio, no ocean view) and was pleasantly surprised by the updated (with a rustic flare), cozy, comfortable, and private room. The gas fireplace was a huge plus to us, as well as the big bathroom. The private beach was clean and the area was pleasant. I'd go back for sure.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great Room with a Bad View"
My husband and I stayed here for three nights and enjoyed it overall. The facilities and grounds are well-managed and new, and the staff is very friendly. We stayed in a one bedroom suite -- it was spacious and clean; with up-to-date furnishings -- I loved the gas fireplace for night time. My only complaint is that the room booking is a little deceiving. We requested an ocean front room at booking, and then I called a few times over the past few months to try and confirm one ... which, upon check-in, did not pan out. View-wise, our room was situated behind a tall wall which masks the outdoor pool equipment/filters etc. So, that wasn't too great ... especially since we were paying the inflated summer per-night fee. It didn't bother us too much since we were really only in the room to sleep, but still, disheartening. One side of our room looked out to a parking lot, and the other was just a blue wall. We tried to change our room with the front desk team, but were told that all ocean front rooms (and there are A LOT of those) were completely booked. 100% booked Sunday-Wednesday? Odd. We would like to come stay again, but only if we can manage to secure an ocean side room ... perhaps hotels.com could update its booking choices to reflect room placement??
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Lauren
"memorial weekend"
For the amount of money we spent on the weekend a bigger room and later check out would have been nice. I also would have like a changing area for the kids so we could have used the ammenities before we left for the day. The hottub had too many chemicals because I got a chemical burn in 3 places on my body.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Sandra
Everything was perfect from the room, the view, the staff!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
The check out time was 10:00am. I requested a late check out of 11:00. But someone came to our door at 10:15 to make sure we were going to check out. I did like that every room had a fireplace. Also our room had a full kitchen and balcony overlooking the water, that was a plus. Perfect place for any time of the year.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Tyler
"awsome place !"
I only stayed one night but found the office people very nice. I asked if we could have an ocean view and the manager said why not ! She booked us a great room with a fireplace and wonderful ocean view. They recomended places to eat and we were so impressed ! I will be back asap. Thank You for such a pleasant stay. Patrick Kane
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Patrick
"Perfect... Just perfect!"
Had an absolutely wonderful stay. Will stay here again when I'm in town for work. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. Cant say enough about this hotel!
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Ashley
"Great Stay!"
Great location right on the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable. the staff was very helpful and pleasant.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Stunning"
Took a gamble and picked my price first, booked a 2 night stay and was then told the hotel. When I checked in, I was given my room number and key. I had trouble finding the section I was in because the snow blocked my view. I called the front desk and was met outside by the desk clerk. When she pointed out where I would be I kind of panicked. It wad a far walk from the parking lot and also on a walk up third floor. I explained to the very kind woman that I have multiple sclerosis and sometimes have trouble with too many stairs. I asked if she had anything closer and first floor. She gave me a loft room. It was absolutely amazing. Gas fireplace in the living room, fully equipped kitchen and full bathroom on the first floor. Upstairs was another beautiful bathroom with an enormous glass shower. The bed was beautiful and extremely comfortable. It was the most amazing place I had ever stayed and all for the price of the standard room. The staff was great!! The weather was not. That didn't ruin my time at all. It was truly a fantastic experience.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lynn
"Ready to go back!"
This place was beautiful. My view of the ocean and acess to it was amazing! The room I was in was very nice and clean. I've never had better staff than everyone at blue green vacations! All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff helped make my stay better they had great recommendations on food and sight seeing. I just got back home and I'm already ready to go back. It was a wonderful vacation! My first time to the cape and it won't be the last.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Amber
"Winter Overnight"
Loved everything about it. The room was lovely, comfortable and well equipped.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
great hotel, can't wait to go back.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Benjamin
Great place. We were right on the water, and it was like we were sleeping on the beach! It was absolutely gorgeous, despite it being a rainy day. The fireplace was so nice. My boyfriend and I sat in front of it for most of the day playing board games!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Upgraded interior with ocean view"
Enjoyed the ocean views. Good price. Some construction noise.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Everything about the hotel was positive however, when I originally booked the room online and chose the suite, it described it with a Jacuzzi style tub. There was no Jacuzzi tub in the room.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"beautiful property right near the beach."
Will definitely stay here again. Recently remodeled, and clean and very pretty furnishings, including dishwashers and microwaves in units.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Gina
"Will be great some day!"
This place is still under construction, but we knew that going in. There are still some issues: no siding on the walls, no working elevators, a lot of the electrical outlets in the room not working, etc. However, the suite was large and comfortable and our family really enjoyed the views from the balcony, the location, and the pools. It will be really nice once they finish construction. If you like to sleep late DO NOT stay here. Our kids wake up at 6 am so the nail guns and loud construction workers didn't bother us but I can't imagine sleeping through all that!!
3 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Jenn
"Lost my kid Ipad"
Hotel was great, beautiful room, gorgeous location. Unfortunately we checked out early, and left to visit neighboor town. Couple of hours later my 10 year old daughter find out she left her Ipad at her room. We called and turned around, but unfortunately front desk told us that nothing was found. They said they were going to do a thorough check, and we left our contact phones. We never got a call back on follow up. Leaves you a lot to think about how effortless they managed a delicate situation like this. In good Hotels things don't get lost. Sorry for my kid.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Joe Win
"Hotel is under construction and is not done yet."
The location of this hotel is great and someday it will be a wonderful place, just not yet. It is under construction and is a mud pit while you wait for the sod to get put in. The pools aren't heated yet because the plumber hasn't shown up yet. They center building is under construction so you hear the power tools and hammers at 7am monday - saturday. The parking lot is a mess because of all the construction equipment and the poor design so you might not get a spot when you arrive. Wait another year before taking a look here.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Family Vacation"
At check-in had an issue - two room suite room image shown online clearly shows a king in one room and twins in another. We get in room, two kings. When I went back to front desk, described issue to clerk, she understood and verified online. Manager did not agree, saying it was not their website - which it clearly was. They did find us another room in another property. The Property Manager was not cooperative and kept putting it back on us for looking at the wrong website. Needless to say the room was nice, there are not alot of chairs available on beach and it was rough as compared to other nearby properties. On check out there was further confusion with charges - again manager was a little rough an uninformed. The place has nice rooms, it was perfect for our needs with the correct bed configuration. The website still shows the room as incorrect, call first to confirm.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Close to the beach1"
Had a pleasant stay, booked a one bedroom standard, when we got to our room it was a loft with a spiral staircase to the bedroom. There was a fireplace and big screen tv in the living room, small kitchen area with full size refrigerator, apt size dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster etc, no cooktop though. The bathroom was large but what seemed strange the only mirror in the loft was the one in the bathroom. There should have been one in the bedroom. There was construction going on (next to our room), but it really didn't matter to us since we weren't in the room during the day) It was nice to go out the door and in a few steps you were on the beach, nice quiet, not crowded. The staff was nice, friendly. There was no wifi in the room, had to go the the lobby or on the front or back porch to use. We have stayed at The Soundings the last 3 years and it has been enjoyable every time.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Louise
"Rooms"
For the 2 bedroom unit it sleeps 6 but living room way too small! No where to sit and relax at night to watch tv cuz kids needed bed to sleep in. Kitchen was fully stocked with huge fridge but no stove to cook on. Rooms would definitely benefit with stove!!!!!
5 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Angela
"Day trip to Nantucket"
In October in Cape Cod find a different hotel. This is a timeshare facility and while the room was nice - it only had a full size bed and the bathroom was very small with no where to set anything. For the price of the room, I was expecting a more deluxe room.The location was not close to anything else and checking prices at other hotesl this one was 3 times the price.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2012
Cheri
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
7 night trip Aug 1, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection

"Beautiful place to spend time on the Cape!"
08/23/15 Melanie E Cincinnati, Ohio
This is our 4th visit to the Soundings. We visited just after Blue Green took over management and have watched the renovations. Most of the construction is now finished, and it is BEAUTIFUL. The rooms are nice, not fancy, but the place is on the beach. We paid extra for a deluxe room and were not disappointed. This is a family kind of place. Children play in the yard and the pool. No one was noisy late at night, but afternoons and evenings can be noisy with people playing games and swimming. The resort has increased the number. of grills available to guest to four. Thank you. Like many Blue Green properties, cleaning service is limited. We found management to be helpful when we needed something, but the only one sweeping sand in my room or doing dishes was me. Our room had a full size fridge and a microwave. We were able to prepare meals with some planning. We travel with friends. We have always found the two bedroom with a common area floor plan to be good for us. Newer units do have a smaller common area. Chairs on the deck let us spread out when we wanted more space. After multiple times to the Cape, still marvel at the privacy and calm of the Dennisport area. Once off the main road, we have found traffic to be minimal. The beach at the Soundings has never been crowded. It is as close to a private beach as you can get without a private rental. We love this place. There are family "discussions" about whether or not I should review and recommend this to others, just to try to maintain the peace of this Cape Cod location
"Beautiful gem in the Cape"
08/23/15 carm816 Northfield, New Jersey
My husband and I stayed for the weekend at the Soundings in Dennis Port. The accommodations were really nice with spectacular views. On a clear day you can see Martha's Vineyard. We were fortunate to also see a wedding in the beach in front of our resort. The resort is comfort culpable enough for couples as well as families. The next time we visit the Cape we will bring our family. Great family atmosphere for barbecues, pool over looks the beach providing great views. My only criticism is the staff could use further training.
"Nice Place To Stay"
08/12/15 Averb
This is a nice place to stay, right on their own private beach. They have 2 outdoor pools and a hot tub for you use. The staff was very nice, especially I believe her name was Christine. She gave us great suggestions on where to eat and we were never disappointed. It is always nice to have a friendly face that goes out of her way to help you out. Rooms were clean, a little smaller than we are use to as owners. Nice location on the Cape to enjoy the area and not to far from Boston.
"Nice Place, Nice Staff, Poor Management"
08/06/15 Kevin B East Greenbush
Third trip to soundings. Once a few years ago before it was 'redone' and each of past couple years. Since the renovations have been complete the soundings is a very nice piece of property. They have there own beach and a couple pools. The rooms have all been recently renovated or built. (Hint - The single deluxe rooms are much, much nicer than the single rooms.). They have two nice pools and what appeared to be a nice hot tub but there is no supervision in any of these areas. Kids are allowed to cannon ball, throw things and scream and yell in pool areas. Under age kids occupy the hot tub for hours at a time which is not what its intent is. This is indicative of all blue green resorts. Check-in was efficient and staff was very friendly. The problem I had the site allowed a maintenance staff member in my room after my wife and I had checked in and went down to the beach. Our cash, credit cards and wife's jewelry were in plane sit. To make matters worse I went back to the room and walked thru the door just as this guy was walking out. As I raised my fist to hit this guy he held up his hands and started explaining he was just there to fix the soap dish in shower. When I complained at the front desk the manager came out of the back office and said he gave him permission. He gave me a quick "I am sorry". Well I am sorry but that just does not cut it. My message to would be vacationers is this location does not respect the privacy of it's guests. Enter at your own peril.
"GREAT PLACE TO STAY"
07/29/15 chalkit35 Oceanside, New York
This is a great place to stay as it has a private beach as well as several pools and a hot tub. The location is mid cape so you are never more than 20 minutes from the best restaurants or sights. The only place that took us longer to was Provincetown. That was 45 minutes away but we left early and had no traffic.
"Horrible room….Very disappointed…."
07/27/15 L W Hamden, Connecticut
Number 1114 Horrible room!!!!!!Tiny ,dark,smelly room.Small windows…View to two noisy machines and two containers and an ugly ,cheap,fenced pool .It was really depressive… No dinning table and chairs like showed on pictures….Very uncomfortable sleeping sofa and no storage for clothes….No cleaning service…
"Fun"
07/23/15 Vonda B Louisville, Kentucky
Had a great time. Mr Shaw is awesome, he's very friendly, always has a smile on his face, and greets you with positive thought. The room was nice and clean, the landscaping is very nice, the pools and hot tub very clean. We will be back.
"Will not go back"
07/20/15 Angie G
Where do I begin. This is definitely not a four stars hotel . The room is small. Our room was facing a parking lot . If we open the blind , people will see us. There is no privacy at all. This is not the worst part. The cleaning service was terrible. We did not get any cleaning done the first day. When I called for a service, the receptionist first said she called me and left me a voicemail that they cleaned our room already. I didn't get any message. I was like are you kidding? Nothing was cleaned. Dirty towels were on the floor, garbage didn't get taken out and the bed wasn't made. She claimed that they cleaned it and said you know we don't make your bed if you have stuff on it. It sounded as if It was my fault they didn't make the bed. I have never heard of such a thing. So you will not make the bed just because we left a shirt on it? The story continues, next day, a woman knocked on our door and asked if we need anything like towels. I said we don't need it but our room needs to be cleaned. She goes, I don't clean rooms, I just get things for you. I told her she can leave then. She came back later and said I asked my supervisor and she said I could clean for you. What do you need to be cleaned? I almost fell on the floor. Do I need to teach you how to clean a hotel room? The finale ended with seeing a roach in the bathroom. Does anything get any better than this? This is the worst experience ever!
"Great stay! Want to return for a full week..."
07/14/15 CoupleFromMA Clinton, Massachusetts
We stayed in room 2102 - when booking through Bluegreen the reservation stated this was a "2 Bedroom Deluxe" unit. Our unit had 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths, 1 (main bath) with a tub/shower combo and the other with a large shower (master bath). The room had a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator and microwave, sink, small dishwasher, and other appliances like a toaster, blender etc. There was plenty of utensils, dishware, etc. Only thing missing was a stove/oven however there were gas grills scattered around the property which made it possible for people to have meals there. The dining area was adequate for 4 people - 2 chairs and a bench seat. The primary room is an open concept kitchen/dining/living room space and the living area included a sleep-sofa facing a wall-mounted flat screen TV with a gas fireplace underneath. Glass sliding doors led out to the balcony with 4 Adirondack chairs and 2 tables. This was a first floor unit so our balcony led straight out into the open courtyard area and overlooked one of the 2 pools on-site and the beach/ocean. Each bedroom had a (small) queen bed, bureau, night tables, lamps, closet, and flat screen TV. Overall the layout was very nice and accommodating. We stayed with our daughter and her boyfriend - so a total of 4 adults. We were there for a 4 day weekend with our daughter staying 2 of the 4 days. We could have spent the week here comfortably. Everything was as you'd expect from an upscale resort and the staff was very friendly and helpful. As mentioned there are 2 pools on the property - both outdoor. This was probably the only thing about our stay that we can report as negative. The Bluegreen site claimed there was construction on the indoor pool and when I called to confirm our reservation, the woman on the phone from the resort made it a point to tell us that the outdoor pools were available but the indoor pool was not. While we were there I chose to ask where the indoor pool was located and was informed that one of the outdoor pools (and adjoining hot tub) was being considered to have an enclosure built around it, but it hadn't started yet. Not sure why they feel the need to deceive people into thinking there's an indoor pool, but nevertheless this didn't stop us from having a wonderful stay. It would be nice for off-season visits though if they did have an indoor pool :) . The only other negative is that the beds were very firm. So if you don't like beds on the hard side, this might not be the place for you. Maybe not all rooms have the same sleeping arrangements, but ours were very stiff in both bedrooms. We are looking forward to returning one day potentially for a weeks' stay. Truly an enjoyable place...
"another great week at the Cape"
07/07/15 LARRYOTTER Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Came back again after stay in 2014. Had a two bedroom unit with great view of the Sound. Place has every amenity you need for a week at the beach. Even more impressed this year. while we were there was a TORNADO WARNING. Management had a plan and opened an emergency underground shelter. After this blew over everything was fine. Good location on the lower Cape. Close to Hyannis and Chatham. Good restaurants in the area. Just a good place for a Cape Cod beach vacation