All hotels in Dennis Port, Massachusetts, United States of America

"Great Room with a Bad View"
My husband and I stayed here for three nights and enjoyed it overall. The facilities and grounds are well-managed and new, and the staff is very friendly. We stayed in a one bedroom suite -- it was spacious and clean; with up-to-date furnishings -- I loved the gas fireplace for night time. My only complaint is that the room booking is a little deceiving. We requested an ocean front room at booking, and then I called a few times over the past few months to try and confirm one ... which, upon check-in, did not pan out. View-wise, our room was situated behind a tall wall which masks the outdoor pool equipment/filters etc. So, that wasn't too great ... especially since we were paying the inflated summer per-night fee. It didn't bother us too much since we were really only in the room to sleep, but still, disheartening. One side of our room looked out to a parking lot, and the other was just a blue wall. We tried to change our room with the front desk team, but were told that all ocean front rooms (and there are A LOT of those) were completely booked. 100% booked Sunday-Wednesday? Odd. We would like to come stay again, but only if we can manage to secure an ocean side room ... perhaps hotels.com could update its booking choices to reflect room placement??
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Lauren
"memorial weekend"
For the amount of money we spent on the weekend a bigger room and later check out would have been nice. I also would have like a changing area for the kids so we could have used the ammenities before we left for the day. The hottub had too many chemicals because I got a chemical burn in 3 places on my body.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Sandra
"awsome place !"
I only stayed one night but found the office people very nice. I asked if we could have an ocean view and the manager said why not ! She booked us a great room with a fireplace and wonderful ocean view. They recomended places to eat and we were so impressed ! I will be back asap. Thank You for such a pleasant stay. Patrick Kane
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Patrick
"Perfect... Just perfect!"
Had an absolutely wonderful stay. Will stay here again when I'm in town for work. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. Cant say enough about this hotel!
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Ashley
"Great Stay!"
Great location right on the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable. the staff was very helpful and pleasant.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Stunning"
Took a gamble and picked my price first, booked a 2 night stay and was then told the hotel. When I checked in, I was given my room number and key. I had trouble finding the section I was in because the snow blocked my view. I called the front desk and was met outside by the desk clerk. When she pointed out where I would be I kind of panicked. It wad a far walk from the parking lot and also on a walk up third floor. I explained to the very kind woman that I have multiple sclerosis and sometimes have trouble with too many stairs. I asked if she had anything closer and first floor. She gave me a loft room. It was absolutely amazing. Gas fireplace in the living room, fully equipped kitchen and full bathroom on the first floor. Upstairs was another beautiful bathroom with an enormous glass shower. The bed was beautiful and extremely comfortable. It was the most amazing place I had ever stayed and all for the price of the standard room. The staff was great!! The weather was not. That didn't ruin my time at all. It was truly a fantastic experience.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lynn
"Ready to go back!"
This place was beautiful. My view of the ocean and acess to it was amazing! The room I was in was very nice and clean. I've never had better staff than everyone at blue green vacations! All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff helped make my stay better they had great recommendations on food and sight seeing. I just got back home and I'm already ready to go back. It was a wonderful vacation! My first time to the cape and it won't be the last.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Amber
"Winter Overnight"
Loved everything about it. The room was lovely, comfortable and well equipped.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
great hotel, can't wait to go back.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Benjamin
Great place. We were right on the water, and it was like we were sleeping on the beach! It was absolutely gorgeous, despite it being a rainy day. The fireplace was so nice. My boyfriend and I sat in front of it for most of the day playing board games!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Upgraded interior with ocean view"
Enjoyed the ocean views. Good price. Some construction noise.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Everything about the hotel was positive however, when I originally booked the room online and chose the suite, it described it with a Jacuzzi style tub. There was no Jacuzzi tub in the room.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"beautiful property right near the beach."
Will definitely stay here again. Recently remodeled, and clean and very pretty furnishings, including dishwashers and microwaves in units.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Gina
"Will be great some day!"
This place is still under construction, but we knew that going in. There are still some issues: no siding on the walls, no working elevators, a lot of the electrical outlets in the room not working, etc. However, the suite was large and comfortable and our family really enjoyed the views from the balcony, the location, and the pools. It will be really nice once they finish construction. If you like to sleep late DO NOT stay here. Our kids wake up at 6 am so the nail guns and loud construction workers didn't bother us but I can't imagine sleeping through all that!!
3 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Jenn
"Lost my kid Ipad"
Hotel was great, beautiful room, gorgeous location. Unfortunately we checked out early, and left to visit neighboor town. Couple of hours later my 10 year old daughter find out she left her Ipad at her room. We called and turned around, but unfortunately front desk told us that nothing was found. They said they were going to do a thorough check, and we left our contact phones. We never got a call back on follow up. Leaves you a lot to think about how effortless they managed a delicate situation like this. In good Hotels things don't get lost. Sorry for my kid.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Joe Win
"Hotel is under construction and is not done yet."
The location of this hotel is great and someday it will be a wonderful place, just not yet. It is under construction and is a mud pit while you wait for the sod to get put in. The pools aren't heated yet because the plumber hasn't shown up yet. They center building is under construction so you hear the power tools and hammers at 7am monday - saturday. The parking lot is a mess because of all the construction equipment and the poor design so you might not get a spot when you arrive. Wait another year before taking a look here.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Family Vacation"
At check-in had an issue - two room suite room image shown online clearly shows a king in one room and twins in another. We get in room, two kings. When I went back to front desk, described issue to clerk, she understood and verified online. Manager did not agree, saying it was not their website - which it clearly was. They did find us another room in another property. The Property Manager was not cooperative and kept putting it back on us for looking at the wrong website. Needless to say the room was nice, there are not alot of chairs available on beach and it was rough as compared to other nearby properties. On check out there was further confusion with charges - again manager was a little rough an uninformed. The place has nice rooms, it was perfect for our needs with the correct bed configuration. The website still shows the room as incorrect, call first to confirm.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Close to the beach1"
Had a pleasant stay, booked a one bedroom standard, when we got to our room it was a loft with a spiral staircase to the bedroom. There was a fireplace and big screen tv in the living room, small kitchen area with full size refrigerator, apt size dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster etc, no cooktop though. The bathroom was large but what seemed strange the only mirror in the loft was the one in the bathroom. There should have been one in the bedroom. There was construction going on (next to our room), but it really didn't matter to us since we weren't in the room during the day) It was nice to go out the door and in a few steps you were on the beach, nice quiet, not crowded. The staff was nice, friendly. There was no wifi in the room, had to go the the lobby or on the front or back porch to use. We have stayed at The Soundings the last 3 years and it has been enjoyable every time.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Louise
"Rooms"
For the 2 bedroom unit it sleeps 6 but living room way too small! No where to sit and relax at night to watch tv cuz kids needed bed to sleep in. Kitchen was fully stocked with huge fridge but no stove to cook on. Rooms would definitely benefit with stove!!!!!
5 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Angela
"Day trip to Nantucket"
In October in Cape Cod find a different hotel. This is a timeshare facility and while the room was nice - it only had a full size bed and the bathroom was very small with no where to set anything. For the price of the room, I was expecting a more deluxe room.The location was not close to anything else and checking prices at other hotesl this one was 3 times the price.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2012
Cheri
Under new management. The rooms were wonderful and we would stay again.....needs a tiki bar and it would be heaven!
2 night trip Aug 21, 2012
Cheryl S
"Absolutely perfect"
I choose this hotel totally out of instinct, since I wanted to make my wife's birthday special. The previous reviews were helpfull, but outdated since all of them talked about some renovations. The place is gorgeous and the decor in the room was nothing short of excellent. The closeness to the beach was awesome and the view priceless (even though it was an ocean view room and not ocean front). I heard the new management was working on the liquor-license which I honestly thought was the only thing missing. The staff where very helpfull, rooms very well stocked with cutlery and all the necessary, the indoor pool was appropriately warmed. The sea had too much weed, but that's probably a seasonal thing, if not natural. We plan to become regulars at this place if the management can maintain the standard they have set currently. Thanks to the staff and management for making our stay memorable.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2012
MNS
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
7 night trip Aug 1, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection

"Quiet, relaxing and fun!"
07/01/15 LOVECASAMARINA NEW YORK/USA
Very beautiful and and relaxing place. The rooms were very new and clean. Be careful with the little sinks though because you may get wet. Use the cute little dishwashers. Free laundry room so you can pack light. The pools were warm and the kids had a lot of fun. Great hot tub too. This is the only time it's a little noisey. Chairs by the pool are limited, but a lot on the beach. Just need a playground for the kids. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Lynne and Christina. There was also 2 lovely ladies working behind the scenes who assisted me as well with a fax and my great room accomadations. Thank You. The town is very cute. Will definetley go back again.
"Waterside Condos: Great Location, Little Space"
06/30/15 William L Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
This is a great location for seaside vacations. However, be prepared, these places are mighty small. I'm in a one bedroom and it's supposed to handle four people with a pull out sofa. I'm not sure it can easily manage more than two or three. Most positive experience, water views from the porch. My daughter and family are in a two bedroom unit. And although there is more space, it's still pretty tight quarters. I wouldn't put more than two couples and a small child in these units. Ideally suited for a family of four.
"Great Room, Terrible View"
06/29/15 laurenmca New York City, New York
Overall, my trip to The Soundings in Dennis Port was fantastic. The grounds/private beach are well-maintained, the staff was friendly, and the rooms are modern and clean. My husband and I stayed for three nights in a one bedroom suite -- very spacious -- and it even had a gas fireplace, which was great to come back to in the cool evenings. Our only complaint was the position of the room. We booked our June getaway at The Soundings around Christmas ...maybe even before... and I called periodically to see if I could secure an ocean front room. I made the poor choice of assuming that for the price that we were paying ($361/night), a suite would be ocean view or ocean adjacent. I was wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. When we checked in, we found out that our room was sandwiched between a parking lot on one side and a tall wall that hides the outdoor pool mechanics on the other. The wall is probably about eight feet tall ...so, that was our view. We asked the front desk about upgrading or changing our room, and were told that it was not possible. It was annoying, but not a deal breaker. As I wrote earlier, the room interior and grounds/private beach are gorgeous and clean; our room location was just less than ideal. Luckily, we are the type who get up early and venture out, so it wasn't a huge problem. Perhaps in the future, Management could be more upfront about room placement when booking (online listings or otherwise). We chose to stay at a beachfront resort because we wanted to be beachfront, not hidden behind the pool motor. I'm not sure if I would've paid that price had I known where our room would be situated. In fact, when deciding where to stay, I chose The Soundings over a room at a nearby hotel that was guaranteed to look out to the ocean. Whoops! I will definitely look into The Soundings again for a vacation, but will be wise to questions to ask before handing over my credit card.
"Fantastic week at The Soundings!"
06/28/15 3intow Ohio
This was our first trip to the Cape & we're in love! We've stayed at many Bluegreen resorts and The Soundings now tops our favorites list! Lovely rooms with many different layouts. Beautiful beach, 2 outdoor pools & an outdoor hot tub. There is an on-site laundry room also. All of the staff was very friendly & helpful. You can see them all busy day & night with keeping the grounds perfect! The weather wasn't the greatest while we were there but we still loved our visit! Hope to see you all again next year!
"Beautiful place to stay"
06/09/15 Gary Q Concord, New Hampshire
Arrived for a three night stay and was able to check in a few minutes early. The grounds and layout of this place is beautiful and is located directly on the ocean. We opted for a one bedroom suite which had a full kitchen, two bathrooms, dining area and living room facing the ocean. One of the bathrooms had a jet tub. Suite was very nice and well kept and clean. We were on the second floor and there is no elevator access, so climbing stairs is a must for older travelers. Flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom, although the one in the bedroom is much too small for the large room. There is a microwave and coffee pot in the kitchen. Packets of coffee they provide are not meant for the large Cuisinart coffee makers, and the coffee was very weak. Coffee and newspapers are free at the front desk and the coffee there is very good. Pools and hot tubs along with grills for use by guests are located outside. Inside pool was under renovation while we were there. The employees at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. No maid service so if you need clean towels, you have to bring them to the front desk. If you want maid service, there is a charge. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this to others.
"Pleasantly surprised"
06/03/15 NLG15 Atlanta, Georgia
We booked a week long stay at The Soundings through our Blue Green timeshare. We were very pleased with our accommodations. The studio room seemed to have been recently renovated. It was about the size of the average hotel room with a nice oversized bathroom. Perfect for us since we never spend much time in the room anyway. The only thing keeping us from giving the 5th star is that they don't clean the room or make up the bed during your stay or replenish the towels. You have to ask the desk for more towels as needed. It is also an additional fee to clean the room during the stay.
"Terrible customer service"
06/02/15 Alec M Boston, Massachusetts
This place had the worst customer service I've ever experienced (that includes cable companies!). My wife and I booked a room here for after our wedding on the cape. When our wedding planner tried to check in for us they wouldn't allow her unless my wife was there since she booked it. Fair enough. But they also wouldn't let me check in, even with my wife on the phone pleading with them to let me since she was in her wedding dress about to head to the ceremony! They compromised by letting me drop off our bags with them so they could put them in our room so that when my wife was with me after the wedding we would have our stuff there. They took the bags and off I went to my wedding. When we arrived at the hotel after the wedding we had to hunt down a "security guard" since no one was working the front desk. He eventually figured out how to check us in and when we arrive in our room....NO LUGGAGE. I called the security guard again and he did not care at all that they had lost our luggage and hung up on me. I called again and he informed me there was no luggage!! The next morning we go to the front desk, still without our stuff, and the front desk clerk says "oh, the security guard gave you the wrong room, and your stuff was in a different room." No apology. Nothing. Pure apathy. So they got our bags from the other room, we checked out and left to go to our post-wedding brunch. As if that wasn't enough. They tried to charge us for a 3 night stay even though we had booked and stayed only 1 night!!! Which of course lead to multiple phone calls and arguments with them. The pure INCOMPETENCE and APATHY towards customers of this place is appalling. They messed up everything, from not letting me check in, to losing our luggage, to charging us for 2 extra nights. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel or business. I just wish you could give zero stars, they deserve it. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!
"Perfect location!"
05/27/15 methmich Berkshire, Massachusetts
I stayed here with my husband & my sister & niece. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, 1st floor. Excellent service, the place had ocean view from our unit. Private beach, you can watch the waves from the pool. There was a fireplace, which was nice in April at nite. The kitchen was a bit small, but full size refrigerator & dishwasher, no toaster or microwave. We had an awesome stay .
"Nice week on the Cape"
05/16/15 bigtomhen Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
We traveled with another Blue green couple and we each had a one bedroom unit. Our unit (3303) was on the third floor above the beach. The staff at the resort was very friendly and helpful. We had a limited kitchen, ref, micro, sink, but that was expected and fine. The biggest plus was the balcony which was the length of the unit with a patio door both in the living room and the bedroom (sleeping with the sound of the ocean was fantastic). On the balcony were 4 Adirondack chairs and 2 tables. The only 2 improvements I would have appreciated would have been more seating in the unit as there was only a couch, and the lighting was poor in the living room. All in all it was a very nice place and we had a great time.
"Really Great Stay..."
04/30/15 Erica J Boston, Massachusetts
We booked a one bedroom suite (for two couples) just for one night. I was concerned about privacy, but it turns out that the main bedroom is well separated from the living room (which is where the sofabed is) by the bathroom, so privacy (during sleeping, etc) wasn't an issue. Had we needed to stay more than one night, we would have upgraded to the two bedroom. It was nice to have a little kitchenette as well, with full size refrigerator and microwave - both of which we made use of. The proximity of our unit to the beach was very good, though not a true ocean view. There is also a nice balcony area with Adirondack chairs that guests can sit out on when the weather permits it. Oh and the in-room fireplace!! Such a wonderful amenity that came in quite handy on a chilly spring night. Our only complaint (which is rather nit-picky) has to do with the recommendations for dinner made by the front desk person. She named a few good places for us to try, but when we went each told us that reservations were required and should have been made earlier in the day. Why could the front desk attendant have told us this as well? In the end we had to drive around and find someplace that did not require reservations. This is definitely something to "know before you go." Other than those things our stay went very well.