All hotels in Kettering, England, United Kingdom
Rockingham Road, Kettering, England, NN14 1UD, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9222

"The smell of fish"
Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was ok. Not too bad. Nice and modern. Ok breakfast. What you expect for the price however.. The bed was really uncomfortable and although the room appeared clean the toilet stank of fish.. In other words stale urine. Not sure if I would recommend again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Ed
"Nice hotel, nice twin room."
Enjoyed breakfast, good variety of hot and cold food.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Max
"Great price and good location for Silverstone"
Stayed here for using the Silverstone F1 park and ride (~35 mins away). Got moved to an accessible room which has a "wet room" style bathroom. Unfortunately this had an awful smell and felt unclean. Aside from the bathroom, the rest of the room was fine.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Great service from the staff, everyone was very nice.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I needed a bed for the night before joining a business workshop at another venue in Kettering, so chose this establishment. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel is situated on the northern side of town, a £12 cab fare from the train station. If I had arrived earlier in the day, I would have been able to take a bus across town. I was greeted warmly by Terri at reception and checked in efficiently. My room was large and wheelchair friendly. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and the room boasted all the items I needed – coffee maker, comfortable bed, soft and firm pillows, marked appropriately, good lighting, flat screen TV to watch the World Cup football and cute decals on the mirrors reminding me that if I had forgotten any toiletries (or anything else) I should consult reception. Next morning the free breakfast was an added bonus – as was the plush bath sheet – unlike the small towels normally found in budget hotels. After an equally swift and smooth check-out by the still on duty Terri (doesn’t she ever go off duty?), I left for my next assignment. Not sure when I will be in Kettering again, but, if I am, this will certainly be my choice of sleep and go! Maybe I’ll tarry awhile too.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
Ratfink
ZA
"overnight stay"
reception was great, food next door very good, only small problem was i had a disabled room so not the room i booked.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Hi Terry, Thanks for your review of the hotel. It is great to hear such positive comments. I apologise that the room allocated did not meet your needs. The booking was made for this room type, but we will investigate to see if there is a glitch in the booking process, so thank you for highlighting this for us. We do hope to see you again in the near future. Kindest regards,
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
terry
"Poor standard"
The bed sheets were disgraceful due to two large worn/threadbare patches. I have taken a photograph if you wish see this. How the housekeeper can continue to use such poor bedding is not acceptable. Also the shower did not function properly in that the water was splashing from the hose and the head. The peep hole in the door is blocked and for a single female guest it is important that this is functional. So overall, not impressed.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Good day to you, and thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologise that during this stay we fell short of your expectations. I believe that we have already been in contact with you regarding these issues and we have outlined our plans to ensure the problems are ironed out. We do hope to see you in the near future. Kindest regards,
Other trip May 1, 2014
"High Standard Hotel"
As with all Holiday Inn Express Hotels they offer a basic, clean and modern standard of hotel. Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were traveling as a family of six and booked two rooms. Each room came with a double bed and pull out bed that was made up prior to arrival. The rooms were of medium size which allowed a level of comfort even with the pull out bed made up. This chain was the only one that provided us with the correct number of towels (3 per room) throughout our one months holiday. The housekeeping was very good and our rooms were always made up to a high standard. The free buffet breakfast was a real bonus and the staff were cheerful and accommodating. Overall no complaints except that the bed springs could be felt when lying on the beds but this didn't make the beds uncomfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Hi Brian, Thank you for your review! It's great to have such positive feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We are in the process of rolling out a new bed programme, so hopefully on your next visit you will see and feel the difference. Kindest regards.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"It's basic, basically a bed...."
It's ok, staff excellent , building good, but , as my gran used to say - you pay the price you takes your choice.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Matt A
"Family weekend away with toddler and a dog!"
Booked 3 rooms for family weekend. Very nice hotel, staff great - we were looked after!!! Harvester within the grounds which was good for dinner, particularly with children. Beds a little soft and only standard doubles but ok, we requested a child's cot in one of the rooms, the matress was on the thin side so not a good night's sleep for our 20 month old traveller. However, if you are travelling with a dog, this pet friendly hotel has great walks directly behind the hotel with plenty of space to run safely off the lead, our Labrador loved it. Overall a great stay!!!
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
Sabi and family
"Great place"
Lovely clean hotel
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
Mark haynes
"Avoid"
Avoid this hotel like the plague. They advertise wifi everywhere, but it is non existent.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Kettering
I am sorry that on this occassion our hotel fell short of your expectations. We are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi offering for all guests. We anticipate this to be complete within the next 6-8 weeks. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to show you our new facility in the near future. Thank you for your feedback. Please do contact the hotel should you wish to discuss any other aspects of your stay.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"SHAME ABOUT THE BEDS"
Most things were fine - cost, staff, breakfast, cleanliness etc - but it was let down by the beds. The main double bed sagged badly in the middle and was uncomfortable for two people, and the sofa bed was also not comfortable. The main reason for a room is surely to get a good sleep, but unfortuately this was not possible.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"nearly perfect"
excellent service and very professional hotel. only let down by mediocre breakfast and slow WiFi.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"Great location”"
Cleanliness of room/hotel is outstanding Quality of service is out standing would not hesitate in recommending or revisiting the hotel again. You will not be disappointed if should you choose to visit this area. Value for money
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
culibrk
"It was booked last minute"
We booked this last minute, we were a bit apprehensive, Been caught out like this before else where at other hotels But boy were we in for a shock ! it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Breakfast was fabulous..... Room was clean fresh and tidy. Our son and his girlfriend lives just down the road, so for us to be close but not in their pockets was a bonus. will be back up in January
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Good value hotel. Rooms are basic but clean. Not a lot of choice at breakfast, but what there is nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Harvester pub within 100 yards so handy for evening meal and drink.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great service"
Hotel easy to find, the adjacent restaurant excellent. Staff extremely helpfully and friendly. Room comfortable and quiet.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Davies
"Ideal for Uni of Leicester Open Day"
Very helpful reception staff whn I phoned ahead to see if there was food after 9pm. He offered to 'sort us out' even if we were late as he would still be on. as it happened thre was an excellent Harvester 20 metres away
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
SaraW
"Very nice hotel."
Clean, modern hotel. Good breakfast. Well priced. Quiet location. Only complaint is that there are not many fast-food options nearby.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
N Siva
"Lovely hotel"
We booked this hotel as a late booking and got a great price. The room was really spacious and very clean and had everything we needed. Went to the Harvester which is located about 50 meters away and had an awful meal but this has no reflection on the hotel. Plenty of parking and staff very helpful. Breakfast was good, a mix between a small cooked and continental and was help yourself. Cant complain about anything and would definitely recommend staying here and if we visit the same place next year will stay again.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
natleeke
"pleasant stay"
good location, and the usual same service you get from holiday inn
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2013
m goh
"Helpful & Friendly Staff"
Highly recommended!!!...The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was comfortable... I slept better than I do in my own bed, although that will also have something to do with the absence of my dog! It was clean and well equipped and the added use of free wifi was a real treat! Thank you!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
Deb MLG
"No Shower Caps and empty Soap dispenser"
very dissapointing askedfor shower capNOT available.the shower soap dispenser was empty and Bed uncomfortable at breakfast stale croissant!! Not expected from Holiday INN
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
IN
"Great hotel, brilliant staff."
Very good hotel, pleasant and helpful staff. Room was immaculate and the breakfast was also very good. Location can be tricky to find the entrance to but otherwise I would stay again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Clean and functional."
A clean and functional place to sleep. There is a Harvester next door for food. Staff were pleasant and informative. We had a twin room which was clean and a decent size. Breakfast was included, not a huge choice, but ok for the price. Happy with the hotel for what we paid, but if you are unlucky enough to have a room next to the parents who allow their kids to run up and down the corridors until late into the night it does hilite that the rooms are not that well soundproofed.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Mr
"Excellent Holiday Inn Express"
Enjoyed a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kettering with family members. The staff were attentive and friendly. The hotel was next to a busy A road but we got a good nights sleep despite this. There is a Harvester restaurant next door so ideal for a meal. Breakfast was adequate and free (as per all H.I. Express hotels) as was Wi-Fi internet connection. Beds comfy and rooms perfectly adequate for a short stay. You do need a car to stay at this hotel as it would be difficult to walk into the nearest town, although the hotel staff organised a taxi for us to our evening event. Would stay here again if in the area.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Room comfort"
The rom was clean and tidy my only query was that it was extremely hot. I know there was air con but to noisy to keep on during the night.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Tony
good room design,all else really good
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great, clean , comfortable hotel"
Very good hotel , clean , comfortable, staff friendly, would recommend to others
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
A basic but comfortable and clean hotel with no frills. Out of town location but close to dining facilities. Suited our needs as we needed a bed near to a local function and this was ideal for a short stay.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Great Hotel but the location sucks."
The hotel itself was fantastic, probably the best Hotel I've stayed at in this contry. The room was very clean and very modern. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning made the room a nice temperature. The only downside was the location it wasnt really within walking distance of anything and the surrounding areas were basically building sites and fields. If you dont have a car I wouldnt recommend staying here but since I drive it was fine for me to travel to where I needed to be each day. Aside from that I would recommend the hotel itself because it was clean, comfortable and a friendly environment.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"rockingham raceway"
Stayed at this hotel before and alway happy to recommend ,
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
DT SHEFFIELD
"fantastic service"
could not fault anything except no signal available in room for phone calls
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
mojo
"Perfect for a short stay."
We stayed here for the Grand Prix weekend and it was a very nice experience, the staff were pleasant, the hotel was very clean and the complementary breakfast was more than enough to suit most tastes. If I had one small criticism it would be that the Wi Fi was almost impossible to use due to a weak signal but I am being picky! Well done Holiday Inn Express Kettering and thank you.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Mr D Gardner
"Good comfortable stay"
Good convenient location for Kettering, clean and comfortable rooms, what you would expect from Holiday Inns !!
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
Williams
"Stay at holiday inn/exp Kettering"
Very good hotel/ value for money Far better than the windsor stay with holiday inn express which was a lot more expensive.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
"Business Trip"
The breakfast is not the greatest that I have ever had and the wifi is terrible. Nice and clean, fine for a night, two at most.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
Only stayed for one night but receptionist was very friendly.Pity that the Harvester across from the hotel was awful.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Rockingham raceway"
Stay at this hotel 3 times before,this hotel is very close to rockingham speedway ,there is lots of chain pub in this area so easy to eat out and about. Staff very helpful and free wi.fi is great at hotel,would stay here again.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"The too-soft beds spoil a great hotel."
The hotel, location, staff, and other bits are all great - the hotel is let down massively by the beds: WAY-too-soft mattresses meant nights of broken sleep. We were a party of nine and everyone was of the same opinion. It's a shame, because the lack of sleep means that we can't even consider returning to this otherwise nicely situated hotel.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Good hotel for the price"
Hotels new and has everything you need and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2013
A well priced overnight stay, including breakfast, thank you. Staff were helpful and courteous. Room was rather cold and extra blankets would have been appreciated.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"Seems brand new!"
Good hotel, outstanding staff on reception, clean and modern... all let down by a very small hard bed.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Fab! but finding it in the dark could be difficult"
Brand new, clean and friendly hotel. Not many hotels you can choose to sleep with the window open and get no noise! :-) very happy. Breakfast was good and a nice suprise to have sausage, beans and scambled egg as an option in a continental brekky. Only thing that may prove difficult (in the dark) if you don't know the area and AA route planner is not specific enough, you may find it difficult accessing the hotel. You keep to the left lane after the roundabout, even although you are turning right. You bascially take a big loop to get into the hotel, we could see the place but just couldn't find the road in. Road works added to the problem. However this doesn't detract from the great nights stay we had. Well worth the money!
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Elle
Bed was not comfortable and pillow too low had to put up with two which made my neck sore. Option of plum soft pillow and firm would have been a better option.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2013
"A bit remote from town"
Perfectly good for a short stay though rather remote from town. Lack of midday and evening meal service (was directed ti Harvester Restaurant next door which is however crowded, requiring a longish wait for a table)
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
"very good well worth the money"
Very good
matthews
"Close to rockingham racesway"
Clean and comfortable room close to harvester (pub )happy to use again when in area
Darrell T

"noc w kettering"
Mój pobyt ograniczał się tylko do jednej nocy. Generalnie hotel czysty, pokoje ładne, komfortowe, jedyny problem to brak grzejnika. Jeśli chcemy zwiększyć temperaturę, musimy użyć klimy, która huczy.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Aimee C, Senior Guest Service Manager
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2015