All hotels in Ouray, Colorado, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here505 Main St, Ouray, CO, 81427, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"Good stay in Ouray"
Very nice hotel, clean and comfortable. Beautifully renovated, good location, nothing to complain about.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Amazing!!!"
We had an excellent Christmas at the Beaumont! Love Ouray. Everyone was exceptionally nice.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Aimee and Gared
"strange contradiction in quality of breakfast food"
We greatly enjoyed our stay but the morning continental breakfast had a strange jarring conflict with the high quality of the dinner food and style of the hotel which caters to a luxury experience. The so-called jelly spreads were imitation-fruit jellies made from low class corn syrups and not fruit. You also did not have any orange marmalade, not even fake ones. The so-called honey for use as a spread was labeled as 100% honey but clearly had qualities that indicated it was adulterated - I suggest you change your honey provider and change to real fruit jams including orange marmalade and a new jelly provider. Otherwise the coffee, English muffins, standard breads, fruit juice, hardboiled eggs and fresh fruit were excellent.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Mark Jacobson
"Nice hotel in a beautiful locale"
This is a VERY historic hotel that has been brought up to modern standards. There is a tremendous amount of history with every room and nook and cranny which the staff is more than willing to share with visitors. A lack of a business center with AT LEAST one computer and printer is a huge oversight. In this day of ever connectedness, a hotel of this caliber should provide this service, not just WI-FI that is offered.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Doug
"Excellent historic hotel"
We chose to stay at The Beaumont Sue to the history of this hotel- built in the 1880's. It was beautifully renovated with wonderful staff. We'd recommend this hotel highly.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Beaumont- Classic luxury"
If you enjoy classic luxury and old world charm the Beaumont is for you. Every room is unique and contains at least one item from the original hotel. I prefer to unplug from society while vacationing, this can be done here. The spa is wonderful, very private. All rooms have modern amenities and free wifi. Staff is courteous and efficient. If traveling to Ouray there is no better place to stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Very relaxing, really a neat old hotel. We always enjoy Ouray, but this latest trip and our stay at the Beaumont was extra special..
Greg
"Nice and peaceful"
The remodel was well done. The room was cozy and nice. We were pleased to note you could shut out the noise and the light to rest, which was needed by us.We were given a guided tour by a staff member, she was well informed, professional, and it was a great tour! Highly recommend!
Other trip May 12, 2014
Melvin
"Very nice hotel"
The people working at the hotel were extremely nice and helpful. This is the place to stay in Ouray.
2 night romance trip May 5, 2014
"Colorado's Little Hidden Gem"
This is a very nice hotel. Originally built in 1886, it has been immaculately restored. I took my wife there as a birthday surprise and we loved it. The owners, Chad and Jennifer, take great pride in caring for the hotel and the guests. They have instilled that same pride in their employees. If you're looking for a romantic getaway to the beautiful town of Ouray, CO., then reserve a room at this hotel and Spa. It's also a perfect wedding destination or a place to celebrate any special occasion. It only has twelve guest rooms, so book early. Although the restaurant was closed for a small vacation, it is well known for its great food.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Terrific!"
My husband and I spent our first night as a married couple at the Beaumont, and the accommodations were terrific! Ouray is such a neat town to explore, and we were so happy with our choice.
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2014
It was amazing. Staff was fabulous and very accommodating to every need. Beautiful facility and lovely town. Can't wait to go back!
4 night romance trip Feb 5, 2014
Matt M
"Loved this place!!!!"
What a gorgeous room in a gorgeous town!!!!!!! We never forget our stay and hope to come back soon!
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Wonderful Historic Mountain Hotel with Great Staff"
I came to the Beaumont on a writing retreat and I was not disappointed. My room was clean, comfortable, and very beautifully decorated - at the same time the hotel was very quiet, the staff was exceptionally friendly, but also quiet, and the I had everything I needed to feel both pampered and purposeful. I left feeling I had accomplished the writing that I wanted to, but also feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. Oh, and the spa? The massage was wonderful! I spend some time in Telluride at more expensive hotels, but this one, in Ouray, beats all I've experienced... hands down.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Ouray's best"
Wonderful, authentic historic hotel
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Marc
"Fabulous Restoration"
We spent two days at the Beaumont over Thanksgiving. What a beautiful restoration of an historic building! The owners were very attentive and the whole staff went out of their way to be helpful. Beautiful room (308)!
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"A MUST STAY"
I have been to many hotels, I have been to many so called 5 star hotels...The Beaumont Hotel has to be one of the nicest, cleanest, well staffed places I have EVER visited, just the history alone and how well the hotel has been restored, maybe better than its former glory??!!. I wished that my stay was for more than one day...the bed was the most comfortable and the attention to detail was really quite brilliant - 1st time I have ever seen a beautifully presented 'rag box' in the bathroom ...for those dirty jobs ie don't use our beautiful towels to wipe down your shoes!! I will be back again soon (fortunately we live just 2 hours away) - If you are reading this and are unsure whether to go...you should GO, you will not be disappointed.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Abi May
"Wonderful Old Hotel"
I had a great stay at the Beaumont hotel, I have been coming to Ouray from many years but my first stay at the Beaumont, it was a great 2 days.
2 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Syl Jagla
"Great couples get away"
We were treated to a great stay, our room and a whole hotel was just wonderful. The building is beautiful, so glad the King's saved it. Great little town. The dining in the hotel was very good. Thanks for a great time.
Other trip May 21, 2013
George & Karen
"Beautiful Hotel"
Beautiful historic hotel in great location. Excellent service. Have eaten at restaurant several times previously and food has always been great. Only negative thing I could say is the bed could be a little softer as it was too firm for my taste. Would stay somewhere else next time just because of the beds.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2012
Lorrie
"Beautiful, Beautiful Beaumont"
Perfect grand old hotel for a romantic getaway. Outstanding in every way.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2012
Arizona couple
Great property, beautifully restored, perfect location. Would book it again if I ever make it back to Ouray.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2012
3 night trip Apr 26, 2015
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Marc L
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
2 night trip Sep 1, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaumont Hotel & Spa

"Pink Elephant to Beautiful Princess"
05/09/15 ZlinAce Ouray, Colorado
My first trip to Ouray in the 1960s, the Beaumont Hotel was a declining antique history lesson. It was owned by the Phillips family. Not long after that it was closed to the public. For 20 to 30 years, it was a pink painted elephant.. Finally, family members sold it to a husband and wife team (the Kings) from Texas. They were able to remove the pink, create a renovated Beaumont Hotel. It was built in 1886, guest include presidents. Today, it has been returned to it's 1886 beauty. If you drive down Main street in Ouray (pronounced Uray) you will see her in her grandeur. The rooms are fantastic, the young couple who now own it are nice. If you don't spend the night at the Beaumont, please go inside and return to 1886. You will never regret it.
"6 star rating if we could"
05/03/15 Michael M
Our party of three visited the last week of April. The owner worked her magic to rearrange the spa schedule to accommodate our travel schedule. She was very friendly and escorted us to our rooms to make sure we had everything we could possibly need. Beautiful hotel with spa quality soaps, shampoo, linens, towels, robes. Shower was the best ever. My wife loved her massage with views of the mountain. Tip: Couples massage is not in the same room due to architectural constraints. Very friendly owners/operators. Would stay again in a heartbeat!
"Beautiful old hotel"
05/02/15 Dily2014 Dixon, California
Friendly service, beautiful hotel in little Switzerland of the rockies(Ouray CO). Our Favorite little town. Our grandson's name in Leopold. I took a picture of King Leopold from Belgium that stayed there in the late 1800's.
"A Must See"
04/10/15 jjeja Colorado
The Beaumont is by far the most amazing place to stay in Ouray. We have stayed there more than once, and each time our experience is better than the time before. Do not stay there without experiencing the hot tub. Can't say enough good things about this place.
"Absolute Favorite Place!"
03/19/15 Eric L Grand Junction, Colorado
My wife and I have enjoyed many nights at this historic hotel. It is beautifully restored and very peaceful. To us, it is absolutely the perfect weekend getaway. The owners are both very accommodating and friendly. They seem to personally enjoy the fact that their customers enjoy their hotel. My goal is to stay one weekend in every room!
"Just the Facts"
03/03/15 jlhawk New Mexico
After a lengthy awkward conversation with Jen (an owner) about our bill and our unwillingness to pay it in full after being mistreated, she advised me that if I felt the need to write a bad review I should stick to the facts and warned me that they have the right to respond to any reviews. So here are the facts: 1. The hotel is beautifully restored and the bed was amazingly comfortable. 2. The breakfast was described as "marvelous" when I booked the room. "Continental Minimum" is more accurate. If you are expecting cereal, toast, and hard boiled eggs you will not be disappointed. 3. The front desk had just run out of their courtesy discounted passes to the hot springs. 4. We thoroughly enjoyed the Ouray hot springs at the full price. 5. When we returned to the hotel, wet and cold, we were denied access to our room with no advanced warning for a private wedding in the lobby. 6. There was a polite sign taped to the lobby entrance doors saying something to the effect of closed for a wedding until 3pm do not enter. 7. Once we were allowed in we expressed our dissatisfaction to the front desk attendant Morgan who promised to speak with her manager and let me know what they could do. She was apologetic and later called to offer us 20% off one night of our stay which we felt was insufficient. 8. At check out I spent some time on the phone with Jen expressing our dissatisfaction. She told me she would not be bullied into giving us a free night which is what I thought was more than fair. In the end she did give us 1 night free. I felt we made a contract to rent a room and then were denied access to that room thereby voiding the contract. She seemed to think being locked out for an hour was not that big of a deal and only regretted not informing us in advance. Conclusion: If you plan your wedding at the Beaumont I'm sure it will be beautiful with the grand staircase and they will cater to you at the expense of any other guests in the hotel. If you are not there as part of a wedding I would double check when, if ever, they are planning to lock you out of the hotel so you can plan your day accordingly and not be left out in the cold.
"Wonderful Hotel!"
02/19/15 akvz Parker, Colorado
This was definitely the best stay on our honeymoon in August. Ouray is such an auspicious and romantic place, it seems only fitting to stay in a hotel that matches Ouray's best qualities. The hotel has been beautifully restored to it's 1800s grandeur, but with all the modern amenities, such as modern mattresses and bathrooms, to make your stay comfortable and make you feel like you're an honored guest in one of Colorado's most historic hotels. Every tapestry and furnishing is either original or a period look-alike. That same feeling and atmosphere is transferred to their individual rooms. We stayed in the Sarah Bernhardt room (all the rooms are named after famous guests that stayed in the hotel during its heyday including Theodore Roosevelt and King Leopold). The room was quiet, very comfortable, and the bed was wonderful to sleep in. I was disappointed at the breakfast, the Beaumont really fell short in that respect. After the first day, we found other means for breakfast. They have continental breakfast fare, but the fruit wasn't ripe and was rather tasteless with a couple of flies hanging around and the hard boiled eggs are recycled (I mean, they are already peeled and at the end of breakfast, they just cover them up with plastic wrap and put them back in the fridge to bring out the next day, as we witnessed). I did expect a bit better quality than that. Continental breakfast is fine, but it would be nice to see a little more effort paid. That said, the restaurant is wonderful for dinner and a definite must if you're visiting. The restaurant actually has two dining rooms. The main one that sits off the street is more casual, the second is on the second floor of the main part of the hotel and is more formal (a throwback to the hotel's 1800s history where the restaurant originally was located). The spa was great! We had a couple's massage and it was worth every penny! Great masseuse and so relaxing. They even come right to your room and knock on your door to escort you down to the spa when it's time for your appointment.
"Wonderful!"
02/10/15 Dana M Grand Junction, Colorado
We have always wanted to stay at the Beaumont and having just done so, we were not disappointed! Beautifully decorated and very clean with friendly staff. We loved the feel of the 1800's but with all of the modern conveniences. Gorgeous bear claw bathtub with an awesome standing shower next to it, perfect. We had a wonderful time!
"Where was Clint?"
02/09/15 Peter M Woolgoolga, Australia
Staying here was like stepping back in to an old Clint Eastwood movie. The hotel has been beautifully restored to it's original grandeur, with a highlight being the central foyer/atrium. The old world charm also translates into very comfortable rooms and quality amenities. The staff were attentive and helpful and helped to make sure that our stay was enjoyable.
"Historic Comfort"
01/28/15 CharlieOrlando Orlando
The Beaumont is a great place to enjoy historic Ouray. The remodel job was wonderfully done and the room had all the modern comforts we needed. One could almost feel the presence of previous guest. We agree with other reviewers that this is the best historic Colorado property we have stayed.