All hotels in Downey, California, United States of America
12340 Lakewood Blvd, Downey, CA, 90242, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great hotel will stay again
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
"Bad experience in home town!!!!"
Shower didn't work sheets dirty mold in shower keys didn't work had to constantly get new ones because locked out AVOID THIS HOTEL weird smell
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
ashley
"great place to stay!"
I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the good service! I would definitely stay again!
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
amy67
"Better than expected, price and location were good"
As some of the other reviews stated, the check-in was a little difficult because of the accent of the staff, but he was okay and repeated what he said to us. The "breakfast" was pretty sparse with a big bottle of orange flavored juice and breads and a few apples and oranges. The carpet needed cleaning, but the towels were nice and the room had a working refrigerator and a microwave.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Darleen
"very nice"
It was nice and the pics do the justice
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
connie
"Bring your own Soap, avoid the breakfast"
The cleanliness of the room was average, the location is good, and the surrounding area is safe. Bring your own Soap because the maid service doesn't replenish your soap, despite how long you stayed (we stayed for 4 days). Avoid the breakfast if you can, we got this hotel because of the pricing deal and breakfast was including but unfortunately the breakfast is very low quality. It consists of Dave's pastries (convenient store type of pastries) and toast. Call in to the front desk to find out what kind of juice they have then ask if they can place it on the counter. Our room had a soda stain in the corner of the room that went up the wall and onto the ceiling. The door is tricky to open, you'll have to slide your card very quickly and in a specific manner. It took us several tries and a fall into the front desk to get the door unlocked. I'd stay somewhere else with a better selection for breakfast and a maid service that replenishes soap.
3 night family trip May 25, 2014
"Good stay"
Carpet was dirty, made feet turn black. But, other than that had a relatively nice stay.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Ger
I was there on business. Not the best area, but I wouldn't call it bad. Staff was foreign and I'm from Alabama so I think we were both just as lost talking to each other hahaha. The hotel was nice though and pretty clean.
3 night business trip May 9, 2014
"VERY DISSATISFIED!!!"
I stayed at the Studio Inn and Suites on April 25th-28th. We originally had two rooms booked but I canceled 1 room a few days before arriving. I arrived at the hotel on Friday around 1PM and I confirmed that the second room had been canceled and Luis confirmed that it was. So I thought everything was okay and we were set with one room but I received a call from the front desk at MIDNIGHT asking if I was coming because they were waiting for me and that was already on Saturday night. So they waited a whole two days to call me and tell me that they were waiting for me. I didn't appreciate the late night phone calls to see when I was supposed to arrive when I had already been there for 2 days. The customer service rep from the front desk was very rude (unknown name) and not professional at all. I went to the front desk the next morning to ask who and why they called me so late and he stated that they do not call when people do not show up. I am still not sure of the guys name because he would not give it to me. Another thing I would like to mention is that my boyfriends $300 watch went missing from our room. We called and told them that it went missing and they stated that it is not their fault but yet it went missing when we had the maids clean our room. I was very dissatisfied with our stay and I would have rather stayed somewhere else for my birthday weekend if I knew it was going to be like that. I do not recommend staying here.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Good but needs improvement"
House keeping kept leaving only 1 towel each day, but otherwise was great value, safe, clean. Pictures advertised were true.
Other trip May 4, 2014
aviDiego
"Close by shopping areas and freeways."
Very comfortable, and quiet. Nice park across the street to walk or jog. Price very affordable.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Dterry
"LA trip"
You get what you pay for-plan on having breakfast outside-those tiny pre packed muffins and the OJ in the big COSTCO bottle does not look appealing at all- Starbucks is 1 block away
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"perfect quick stop for a night or two"
Stay was what I expected... Its less than $100 per night, facilities are clean, rooms are updated, perfect location for what I was doing. I would definitely stay again for work, but not for leisure. Little loud at night b/c doors are exposed to the outside, no private hallways.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
"better than expected"
At first, when I booked this room I was online I was a little iffy because usually hotels that aren't "brand name" or "big chained" are usually not so good, have bad reviews, and look nothing like the post online but this one surprised me. The room we had looked exactly like the picture. The room was clean and smoke free. We didn't have any problems during our stay last weekend 4/5-4/6/14. Some reviews had me a nervous but I would stay here again for a quick and easy get away. The only thing is if your driving and your looking for a big place you'll miss it. Its small and not really hidden but you could be distracted by the surrounding trees; also "breakfast" wasn't something you look forward too just go buy breakfast somewhere instead.
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2014
athrow
"Cheap hotel"
Definitely expect it to be a better stay the first night there was a fight outside and it went on for 30 minutes no staff or no Security to be found. Second night another fight broke out after that I no longer wanted to stay it was no worth the discounted prices. First AND last time ever staying in a cheap hotel.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"breakfast"
I did not appreciat their breakfast it is way to little an orange and a toasted is not my tipe of breakfast I'm suere they can improve other than that it is OK.
5 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
Roque
"no title"
Clean room, nice staff, good price, but not a good location in Downey.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
Near my family and restaurants all around. room was nice bathroom is tiny. Has plazas up the street! Very comfortable stay! I would go back
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Great hotel, really friendly staff!"
We stayed there for 2 nights in a suite, and has an amazing time! The rooms were clean, spacious and extremely comfortable! The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, and we're very friendly!
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Chris S
It's next to a lot of restaurant and shopping center
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
The manager was rude and didn't speak English well at all. If you asked him a question he would pull up video surveillance of the night before instead of answering your question.
2 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"not bad.."
It was not a bad stay...the rooms were clean and well maintained..The staff was also helpful..my son became sick and the night manager searched high and low and found me some tea bags..that was a plus..If I had to stay again, I would..the free breakfast in the morning..yea..just skip it..just grab coffee and muffins on your way to where ever your going..!
2 night trip Feb 3, 2014
juanita
"Disappointing room"
There were no face cloths in the room, nor was there even a blanket on the bed in early February on one of the coldest nights all winter. There was also an open closet in the room, making the room a lot less attractive.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
WP
"Very decent"
We stayed for a night and it was very comfortable, what stands out is the decor. It's really cute, pool is not cute though and breakfast is not great. To stay for a night is perfect if you aren't using the pool.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
angie
"Clean classy room, fast maid"
I love this place enjoy my stay will return in the future.
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
""Home away from Home""
When we travel to Long Beach area to see family, we always stay at the Studio Inn and Suites. The facility is close to the airport, shopping and dining options. Also, the Downey Memorial Space Center is just across the street(great for kids/adults). My wife is disabled and the room we reserve is perfect for our needs. The bed is at the perfect height, room is large and easy to manuver wheelchair, bathroom is also very roomy with roll-in shower, toilet and sink which are perfect for our needs. The staff is always very helpful, accomodating all of our needs promptly and professionally. We have stayed approximately 10 nights so far and can't wait to return.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Morris
"Business stay"
Great business stay! Not much close as far as restaurants but convenient enough.
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Gene
"Nice hotel. Very close to Kaiser Downey."
This is the 3rd time we have had to stay at the Studio Inn and Suites due to extended hospital visits. We have been grateful to have a comfortable place to come to after long days at the hospital. The staff are ways friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is perfect for a quick meal. The coffee is wonderful! And the rooms are always clean! And if all of that isn't enough, they have great rates! Thank you!
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
Deb
"DISGUSTING!!"
I came here after reading the good reviews. This place is flat disgusting! Not only did I get my rental get broken into! The rooms will make you vomit. The pillows where yellowing inside. HOTEL MANAGER: Clean pillowcase DOES NOT EXCUSE the yellowing inside, the beds have stains where you lay your head. WHACK!!! Im getting sick just writting this. I was awakened by a cockroach on my leg in the middle of the night!!! I tried to change rooms but the fron counter guy with heavy heavy accent just laughed at me. This isnt funny, this is America and we demand quality, even at $90/ night. I highly recommend you avoid the troubles and go somewhere else. This place is plain sick!!! Sorry Hotel people, please clean your rooms!!!! Please be friendly, And when a guest asks for another room, please understand what they are going through, we pay good money for a safe clean room!!!! I feel its my duty to leave this for others to avoid what ive gone through!!
1 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Adolfo Santos
Because the wall was so kind of thin we were could hear everything from the next room and it was SO awkward LOL. Without that, everything is cool with both of us, I'd comeback if they consider to fix about the wall, or else if i'll have a business trip, I'd love to come back. But if i'll come back with my boyfriend, maybe not :D
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2014
Been here twice. Always clean. No complaints
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2014
"Bring your blankets"
Although the hotel was basic. It was very clean and well keep up. The blankets on the beds are paper thin. The heater worked great. Rooms are almost sound proof. I would stay there again.
11 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
"Great night stay"
I thought the quality of service and room was Grrreat! It was very convenient for me. If you are looking for a quick stop for no more than two ways and from a reasonable price. This is the place.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"New motel. Value for the money"
Nice motel. I recommend to stay there if you have a car.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Ruslan
"Great again"
Stayed here for a second time and it was great again although the bedding is sparse.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
J
"Good place to stay if you're on a budget"
The bed at the room I stayed in has to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, it was modern and clean on the inside, came with mini fridge and microwave oven. The electricity was out on the smoking rooms so I had to stay in a non smoking and had to step outside to smoke but other than that my week I spent there was pretty good, the surrounding neighborhood isn't the best so I was nervous at first ,but I had no issues. I would stay here again if I was on a tight budget.
4 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Marvin
"Very Impressed"
I have read many reviews of people saying the pictures and descriptions on the internet are different than reality when they get to their hotel. That is NOT the case here. We highly recommend this hotel. It is small and cozy, but let me tell you, this place is clean. We loved it and will never hesitate to stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Gary Smith
"Good place to stay!"
Small place but well located. Breakfast is nothing more than muffins and toast, fortunately, there are lots of places to eat nearby. Check in was a mess. The desk clerk asked for my credit card (I assumed for incidentals as usual) Then she charged the card to my room AFTER I told her I booked through Hotels.com. The morning clerk wasn't much more help. Usually my check in process is all the interaction I have with hotel staff. With all that, i would still recommend a stay here.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
"Horrible experience."
All night we kept hearing people fight; people were going up and down the stairs in the middle of the night. We were downstairs and we kept hearing someone having sex upstairs all night. It was a terrible experience
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Not Bad"
We took 2 rooms for 4 nights, carpet in our rooms were old but we saw that they were replacing carpets in other rooms. Breakfast was very basic so when I spoke with the desk guy, he stated that city has some rules to add more items, and to satisfy the rules price will go up for rooms. Drive to LA and Hollywood were 30 mins around 9:30 in the morning
4 night family trip Dec 1, 2013
Da
"mediocre"
Does not deserve the money. Bfast is a joke. Ac is old.
2 night business trip Nov 28, 2013
"Close to freeways"
It was a good location between attractions.
2 night trip with friends Nov 25, 2013
Ann Davidson
"good location."
it is quiet,clean,nice.great for the price.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
Jesus corales
"short but sweet"
Only stayed 1 night, but it was clean, quiet and good neighborhood. I would definitely say stay again.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
JC
"Great room for the money...."
Everything was great except that the room needed a blanket. With the equivalent of two sheets, it was cold at night and I had to grab towels from the bathroom to cover up.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Not worth it"
We arrived at the hotel late in the night and the front desk took 15 min to show up and then they gave us a room that smelled like spices but we were so tired we didn't want to get another room. The shower was broken to a where the point you had to take a bath not a shower. We kept calling the front desk and no one answered.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2013
"Cute, Friendly, Convenient"
I stayed two nights here and was very happy with everything about it. It was really close to the metro bus AND the green line. It's not too far from some good restaurants and a shopping center, although it's not close to a market. I had to take the bus a little bit down to get to Firestone blvd where there's a Ralphs and more restaurants. The desk receptionist was super friendly in a sweet, modest way. The room was clean although the air from the conditioning system seemed to get trapped behind the short curtains and stay there but it was okay because I wouldn't have wanted it to get cold since we didn't really have blankets. We had a thin comforter and a sheet. I didn't mind since it wasn't cold but if it was cold, it would've been a problem. Otherwise, we loved having a flat screen tv with a clear picture and good cable stations. The continental breakfast was standard. Would've been nice to have some water in addition to coffee or juice. But overall, I loved this cute little hotel, the service, and the location.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
J
"Served its purpose well"
Stayed here for work. Location was perfect for my work but still not too far from downtown or the beaches. It's close to a shopping center with some big name box stores and there are lots of places to eat nearby. Overall my experience was quiet and clean which is all I really wanted. The beds are a bit hard and all you get is basically a sheet on your bed. The covers are real thin. But overall it was a fine experience and a good competitive price for the area.
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
MB
"Good Overnight Stay for Business"
The location was perfect to get us to work on surface streets the next morning. It was very quiet where we stayed (corner of the second floor). The room was equipped with a frig and microwave plus a large flat screen TV. It was a great value .
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Joyce
"MISS TOMIKO"
The Studio Inn & Suites is a very clean and well kept hotel. We enjoyed our 5 day stay. The hotel staff that we met, lobby personnel as well as the housekeepers, were very nice, pleasant, and helpful. It is also in a beautiful area of Los Angeles. If i ever visit L.A. again I will be staying at the Studio Inn & Suites again.
4 night trip Sep 30, 2013