All hotels in Downey, California, United States of America

"awesome"
It was great
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Krystal
"Like the closeness to shops and amenities"
It was a pleasant surprise. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would not hesitate in booking this room again.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Jesus
"Just OK"
First room: the TV remote wasn't working, there was only a sheet and light fabric cover on the bed (no blankets or extra pillows in the room), and the phone didn't work to call out. Second room: was larger and they delivered blankets. Toilet seat was loose, and the paper roll bar was loose and fell out in your hand. Being on a busy street in LA, we did not want to open the drapes, so it was quite dark in the room; no lighting near the seating/reading areas. Bed was good, but pillows and worn blankets were disappointing. I will pay closer attention to the star ratings next time. Rating system should clarify what "breakfast included" really means.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Sue
"worst hotel"
First hotel that i did not like! The price was to much i expected a better room. The floor was dirty and sticky my feet turned blackjust from walking around the room and there was stains on the carpet like they didnt vacume it and there was no towels when i got there or toilet paper. Worst hotel ive ever stayed
2 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
aaron
"Musty"
The hotel looked appealing on the website but when I arrived late at night, it felt pretty creepy. The place is quite run down, parking was overcrowded and a hassle, the door key wouldn't work, and the room's rather garish colors did nothing to compensate for the damp feel, noisy blower, or thin and worn old towels. Overpriced and not recommended.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
HG
"PLEASE think twice before booking this"
I carefully read the reviews for this hotel prior to our trip; things seemed very good thus we went ahead and booked 2 rooms for 8 nights. When we arrived at the hotel, we were shocked to see the old and outdated hotel building and the so called office/front desk/lobby with the receptionist behind the glass window (like the ones you see at police stations). When we entered our rooms, we were greeted by a disgusting smell of human waste. The carpet was disgusting and the sheets were stained. The worst part was the bathroom that was open,no walls separating the bedroom from the bathroom. The room had no closets, no iron or chairs, but these were nothing compare to the smell in the room. We didn’t know what to do at 11:00 pm in LA without a car, after a long flight from Boston. I talked with the receptionist about the room problems; he said “Okay, np, you can check out tomorrow!” Next morning we were gone by 8.It is true that people have different standards, however when it comes to a hotel room, there are certain things that are essential and expected.I would really like to ask those individuals who have rated this MOTEL as good that what was it that they liked about this hotel?Was it the receptionist behind the glass window which was an indication of an unsafe area, or the so called breakfast that was served in the office? Coffee, bread and an out of cream cheese sign. Words cannot describe the horrible experience we had at this motel, think twice before booking
8 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Azar
Nice clean hotel just a lot of foot traffic outside.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Stay away, you get what you pay for"
-dirty rooms -shady business at night (if you know what I mean) -no shower curtains -no towels (had to wait until morning, and towels smelled clean but had stains) - no complimentary toiletries -rooms smell like mold and smoke
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
walt
"Horrible trip"
First they make us wait when there was no people..They charged me double by swiping my card and telling me that it hadn't gone through. Made me go to the bank and give him cash. The room wasn't clean. The bath tube was dirty, and you were able to hear the people next door. Overall it was HORRIBLE! Never ever going back there .
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"A Welcome Oasis"
Wonderful little gem, I highly recommend. Just off the interstate and near a nice shopping mall, this hotel can accommodate you simply. The staff was TERRIFIC and the room, a welcome oasis. I highly encourage the overnight traveler, even a small family will do just fine here.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Emille
"Very nice room"
Very clean, modern, close to restaurants, Starbucks
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"My stay"
It was simple enough for the time i needed.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
eric
"clean,comfortable. value priced"
convenient,well priced. easy check in and out. this is all I have to say. take it or leave it.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Marcus
"Comfortable"
The stay was excellent. It was comfortable and I was fully rested for the next day.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
I travel a lot
"No blankets just sheet and overpriced"
I over payed it was marked $100 on sale for $80 when I get there I asked what's regular rate price and they say $80 very disappointed
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
38 male
"faucet on shower"
Had 4 rooms two didn't have coffee makers , the faucet@ shower stall to have water change over to the shower needs instructions how to move the water... Not reg. So had to have a family member try to figure it out.... And my refrigerator was ooo
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Nice motel 20 mins from LAX"
The room is of ample size with a king sized bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is on the small side, but the shower has good pressure, even if it is in a bath! You don't hear the noise from the road and we were above the office, right on the road. Breakfast is very basic - coffee (you have to ask for tea), toast and a cake. Free wifi. Got $20 off with a last minute purchase, would stay again if I need a hotel not far from the airport and the price was right.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Pilbara
"Clean, friendly, comfortable."
The room is clean. Front desk people are friendly. The bed is comfortable. Only the bethroom is a little too small. But I think it is good enough for the price I piad. Nice experience.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Candace
"Quick Trip"
The outside of the hotel, the lobby, the surrounding area and the person who checked me in all was sketchy. But once inside the room, I was very pleased.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Tyler
The hotel was okay but the room they gave me was kind of rundown. The power did not work or the TV. So they gave me another room just the same but the power was working. Lol. It's good for one night stay. Good luck.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Jacuzzi Suites"
I loved the Suite with Jacuzzi, Lots of space ;)
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
Short and sweet! Nice rooms and extremely attentive staff! Needed am ironing board it was there in 10 min. Unfortunately the iron was not working but when I called it was less than 5 minutes, the girl must have ran up the stairs! Bwill stay there again!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"False Advertisement"
We decided to not stay at Studio Inn and Suites! Upon our arrival we were not impressed by the establishment's surroundings, or it's location. In fact, what we understood from the web site advertisement was no where close to representing how this establishment actually appeared. When end we went in to engage the clerk, we were greeted by a protective plexiglass window that appeared to be several inches thick..., not very inviting as a place to patronize with your family. Even gladly paid the cost for not staying there for the first night, the penalty for canceling inside of 24 hours of reservation. We gave them Four Fist Down!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Vincent Washington
"Ok hotel for prics"
This hotel is a good option for spending the night but it does need a little sprucing up. The toilet seat needed to be replaced but it was not completely broken, so it was still acceptable. Also I feel like I must mention that another guest's room was broken into and some of his items were stolen. My room was not disturbed during the night nor was my car. I still feel like other future guests should know
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Emmy
The room was clean and very nice. Only comment is that the bagel that served for breakfast was very old.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Beautiful Clean rooms"
Pleasant and nice stay. Clean room and comfy bed
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Patti
"Adequate"
An OK hotel for an overnight stay if you need to be in the area.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"Great location near freeway & shopping centers."
Excellent room, very clean, smells great. & very clean.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Sean
"A bit foul"
Man threatens to kick me out as soon as he sees a couple of my friends come for a few hours . I was polite and respectful with him and the room . My friends left after maybe two hours of sitting in . descremination maybe ? I'm not sure but the room was very satsisfiying . Not including the broken peace of wall that they tried to cover up but I still enjoyed my stay . Thank you
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"All Was Except For Room225"
For the first night we were assigned room 225. The door leading to the room is located in a hallway which did not have lighting and it was dark all night long. The light finally came on about 5 AM. This caused concern secuirty wise. Also, the hot air from the ac units was trapped in the hallway which made extremely hot. The room was very musty smelling.The remaining 2 nights I was in room 202 which was completely the opposite of room 225. The room was large, smelled good and the bathroom was large. Bottom line, improve the condition of room 225 and do something about the exterior lighting and ac exhaust. I will consider this hotel/motel next time I'm in Downey.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Family vaction"
Had a great time hotel was in a good neighborhood and we were only 30 to 40 minutes from everything that we wanted to see and that's with the California traffic other than having to ask for clean towels everything was great.
7 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"Close to work"
It was a very clean environment. Very clean room and ness were very comfy for me n my partner
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
munchkin
"Downey Stay"
Stayed numerous times. Always clean and staff is friendly.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Well the colors are nice"
I only stayed here because my main motel Days Inn was totally booked. The red is a nice touch to the rooms. I wish the bedspreads were red too. Speaking of the bedspreads, their so-called top "blanket" is a joke. It's basically just another sheet, it's so thin. The shower was a hassle to work, some weird new-age thing so be sure to call to the Front Desk if you can't work it. At least the cable TV had good selections. They charged the wrong card after check-out, but was able to fix situation only because I was still in the area. OH and get this; they had the NERVE to ask me if they could skip my room service one of my days because "there were only two maids working". And that is my problem WHY and HOW??? Wow. Lucky for them they didn't realize the maid had already went to my room. They need to step up their customer service. That is the downside of franchised motels that have any kind of owner; there's no real accountability or true customer service.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Marquise
"Great hotel to stay at."
Came here to stay the night after the club and check in was easy the staff was great and the room was amazing it was better than I had expected.I really recommend this hotel to everyone.The on problem is there's a little bit of parking spots but thts not a big problem.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Arpanda
TV did not work and I turned in the morning but in the evening nothing was done. TV and did not look. Internet keeps going out iberet time to connect. This is not normal. one of the bulbs above the bed, too, did not burn. Simple traditional room. We no longer have to. But these defects affected the mood. To the center by car 40 minutes without traffic jams and a half hours with traffic.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great little Inn"
Hotel is located in a safe neighborhood close to shopping and freeway. Wifi is great and rooms are very clean and functional for the value.
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great."
Better than expected. The room looks up to date with a lot of space in the room; doesn't look crowded in the room at all. Breakfast was: oranges, bagels, white toast, crumb cake, blueberry muffins, orange juice, and coffee. There is very limited parking space. Neighboring bedrooms could get "very noise" at night, but that's okay because everyone does it. My girlfriend and I loved our stay there. We would definitely stay there again. It's great because its near the freeway and a plaza and Portos!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Good stay at an affordable price."
My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel because it was in the middle of everywhere we wanted to go. We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms stay nice and cool, it is very clean, LCD TV with a lot of channels to browse, and the room just had a lot space, it didn't feel crowded like most motel rooms. The breakfast consisted of: oranges, white toast, bagels, muffins, crumb cake, orange juice, and coffee. They may have been short of housekeeping staff when we stayed because they brought our extra pillows that we requested. But they clean the room really well. The walls are pretty thin, you can always hear other people having sex. It's not a bad thing because everyone does it. Don't let it bother you and they wont let it bother them. The only cons we could think about the motel is the parking space. We usually get back to our room around 1 or 2 in the morning and we always lucked out getting the last available parking space pretty far from the room.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Nice and comfortable stay"
Comfortable and clean rooms but the hotel management isnt very respectful
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
im a traveling
Great hotel will stay again
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
"Bad experience in home town!!!!"
Shower didn't work sheets dirty mold in shower keys didn't work had to constantly get new ones because locked out AVOID THIS HOTEL weird smell
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
ashley
"great place to stay!"
I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the good service! I would definitely stay again!
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
amy67
"Better than expected, price and location were good"
As some of the other reviews stated, the check-in was a little difficult because of the accent of the staff, but he was okay and repeated what he said to us. The "breakfast" was pretty sparse with a big bottle of orange flavored juice and breads and a few apples and oranges. The carpet needed cleaning, but the towels were nice and the room had a working refrigerator and a microwave.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Darleen
"very nice"
It was nice and the pics do the justice
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
connie
"Bring your own Soap, avoid the breakfast"
The cleanliness of the room was average, the location is good, and the surrounding area is safe. Bring your own Soap because the maid service doesn't replenish your soap, despite how long you stayed (we stayed for 4 days). Avoid the breakfast if you can, we got this hotel because of the pricing deal and breakfast was including but unfortunately the breakfast is very low quality. It consists of Dave's pastries (convenient store type of pastries) and toast. Call in to the front desk to find out what kind of juice they have then ask if they can place it on the counter. Our room had a soda stain in the corner of the room that went up the wall and onto the ceiling. The door is tricky to open, you'll have to slide your card very quickly and in a specific manner. It took us several tries and a fall into the front desk to get the door unlocked. I'd stay somewhere else with a better selection for breakfast and a maid service that replenishes soap.
3 night family trip May 25, 2014
"Good stay"
Carpet was dirty, made feet turn black. But, other than that had a relatively nice stay.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Ger
"This is a not a hotel. it's a motel"
The reviews are misleading. This is just a motel. We live there for 3 nights. The carpet looks old and dirty. They don't even bother to provide enough towels. I need to ask for every time. The breakfast was a a joke. It was funny. Each dauys numbers of items got decreased from a very few breakfast list. motel is run by cheap Indian management. This might be OK for a single night stay if you are single. Don't even think to bring your family to stay in.
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
I was there on business. Not the best area, but I wouldn't call it bad. Staff was foreign and I'm from Alabama so I think we were both just as lost talking to each other hahaha. The hotel was nice though and pretty clean.
3 night business trip May 9, 2014
"VERY DISSATISFIED!!!"
I stayed at the Studio Inn and Suites on April 25th-28th. We originally had two rooms booked but I canceled 1 room a few days before arriving. I arrived at the hotel on Friday around 1PM and I confirmed that the second room had been canceled and Luis confirmed that it was. So I thought everything was okay and we were set with one room but I received a call from the front desk at MIDNIGHT asking if I was coming because they were waiting for me and that was already on Saturday night. So they waited a whole two days to call me and tell me that they were waiting for me. I didn't appreciate the late night phone calls to see when I was supposed to arrive when I had already been there for 2 days. The customer service rep from the front desk was very rude (unknown name) and not professional at all. I went to the front desk the next morning to ask who and why they called me so late and he stated that they do not call when people do not show up. I am still not sure of the guys name because he would not give it to me. Another thing I would like to mention is that my boyfriends $300 watch went missing from our room. We called and told them that it went missing and they stated that it is not their fault but yet it went missing when we had the maids clean our room. I was very dissatisfied with our stay and I would have rather stayed somewhere else for my birthday weekend if I knew it was going to be like that. I do not recommend staying here.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014